• Published 29th Mar 2015
  • 242 Views, 6 Comments

Bravery's ascension - Stucks-24_6



Set in an alternate universe Equestria where hostility has grown ever stronger, a new pony has entered the ranks of the Lunar guard: Bravery Pureblood. This stallion has always hidden his potential from society, but now that will all change....

  • ...
16
 6
 242

The Apex Protector

From the edge of the canyon outside Las Pegasus, a mysterious figure wearing black and white armour was watching the battle, his knee at a ninety degree angle and his chest poking out over the rest of his body. He was tall, robust and young as well, from two narrow compartments in his spiked forearm gauntlets he pulled out two pointed chains coated with dry black blood of the unfortunate necromancy soldiers of King Sombra. Cracking his neck, the figure spread his arms and prepared an huge black and white cape that had been dangling at his sides all that time due to its enormity. As he revealed the cape, he jumped off the edge and glided down to where the action was happening, his eyes fixed on the soldiers slashing at the fearsome barbaric army of Sombra that lay before them.

Like a black torpedo, he launched himself faster to the ground, preparing his pointed chains in the process. The chains gleamed like silver in the sunlight as he finally touched down five metres away from the carnage that was tearing up the baron landscape.

Bravery fell to the ground in shock and pain as a spiked club destroyed his armour and brought about a massive gash across his body. The club was raised above his head ready for a killing blow when the necromancy soldier started to express an evil laugh and grin. However, before the club reached his head, Bravery saw that the guard had been knocked aside by what looked like a sword on a chain! Out of the fuzziness of his headache, Bravery could make out a tall figure wearing black and white apparel easily dodging oncoming attacks and countering them in the most strategic fighting style he had ever seen. The necromancy soldiers fell to the ground holding their noses, stomachs and writhing on the ground in pain as the fighter delivered swift but non-fatal blows to the attackers.

A titanic necromancy soldier towered over the fighter and brought its fist up to deliver a killer blow to its opponent. But the fighter in black and white jumped a tremendous jump to the right letting out a powerful roar afterward, at the same time the fighter quickly reached into his belt and instantly pulled out a device that launched three retractable claws at the titan's shoulder. The titan only flinched at first from the impact but then a sudden burst of electrical energy went up the chain that was attached to the claws. The electrical shock stunned the Titan and it fell to its knees for a brief moment from the pain it felt in its shoulder. With that the Titan growled loudly and the fighter used the device to pull himself up to the Titan's broad shoulders. In an attempt to throw the fighter off, the Titan tried to grab its opponent but its actions were ceased when the fighter ducked under and dropped to the ground from an eighteen foot drop.
Enraged, the Titan roared furiously and chargd at the fighter, its giant teeth beared with fangs and incisors. Just before the Titan could reach the fighter, it noticed a sudden heat on its back and two explosions came from its shoulders which severed its arms and left it on the ground screaming and dying in pain.

All soldiers had looked away to see what had just happened, all were standing speechless at the mysterious figure wearing black and white. The mystery fighter looked away with a stern expression on his face and ran to Bravery in order to check his condition.

The necromancy soldiers of Sombra had stopped fighting and they all suddenly disappeared in a cloud of ash and dark purple light. When they had disappeared the surviving soldiers got up and rushed to aid the wounded and using healing magic along with bandages to heal their teammates. There were limbs everywhere, the land had been painted with red and black blood with guts sprawled out all over the battlefield.

Bravery tilted his head up to see the figure looming over him with a long black cape brushing against his front legs. The figure offered its...... whatever it was and Bravery used it to pick himself up from the blood and dirt.
"You are safe now lunar guard." The figure said in the deepest voice Bravery had ever heard. This one was scary, really scary looking but he was clearly not an enemy lucky enough. "Sombra's army will not allow you to reach the innocents still in the city now they know I am here, so you and your comrades must continue the fight without me." he continued noticing princess Celestia and Luna landing behind him.

"What are you doing here?" Luna said in shock and disbelief,
"We watched you die, you should be dead!" Celestia explained, she was feeling her sister's disbelief, this mystery fighter she thought was dead had somehow survived the assault that Sombra had brought on Canterlot.

"Forgive me my princess." Bravery quickly interrupted, "How do you know of.... well him? From that Celestia lowered her head and turned to her sister who nodded in agreement at her sibling's wordless question, he had a right to know. They all did, especially in these times where the truth was never considered real.

"This is the Apex Protector." Celestia began regretfully, "He is the one responsible for us, he has saved me, my sister and all of you countless times from death and conflict in the past but we thought he died the night the invasion started."

Bravery looked at this Apex Protector and recognised the species of which this adversary was. This adversary had two sturdy legs, a tiny nose and five fingers like a monkey, it could only be one species no matter how silly it might have sounded.
"Is he a hu- human?" Bravery asked Celestia, "Yes I am" came the same deep voice behind him, "And I will tell you the truth of what this conflict really is." the Apex Protector said as Bravery walked closer to listen to him...........

Author's Note:

Just want to say this new character is more of a mix between the Ghost of Sparta and the Dark Knight. Unexpected and random I know but I just wanted to try and make this a little more interesting. This character was purely made up, no copyright intentions just to clarify.
Hope you enjoy the rest of the story!