• Published 15th Jan 2015
  • 2,241 Views, 161 Comments

Equestrian Adventure! - DerpyHooves320



Join Zach, in the magical land of Equestria! What will happen? Many things! Shenanigans ensue

  • ...
41
 161
 2,241

21: A 'normal' day in Equestria

I opened my eyes, finding myself once more in the hospital. Sitting up, I looked around to see Twilight walking in.

"You must like this place" Twilight said, I gave a light chuckle.

"Hey, I don't choose to be here, the world does" I said, checking myself over for any injuries. "Also, why is it that you're always walking into the room slash are in the room when I wake up?" I asked, finding a burn mark on my chest.

"I was actually on my way to see if you were up" Twilight said, sitting in a nearby chair. "Now, get your clothes on, the train will be here soon" she said, throwing the small pile of my clothes.

"Train? Why do we have to get on that magically confusing thing once more?" I asked, as I got up to get dressed.

"How is it magically confusing?" Twilight said, her voice sounding a little less direct, making me believe she was looking away.

"Well for starters, it has one track but it goes to a variety of different locations" I said, slipping my shirt on.

"First off, it's magic, it can do things like that" Twilight said, trying to make a point. "Second, you're always asleep, so how can you know when it changes direction?" Twilight asked, I just laughed.

"First off, I'm not always asleep, I like to keep my eyes closed on long trips" I said, as I pulled my pants up. "Second off, I have a greater sense of direction then most others" I said, turning around to see that Twilight hadn't moved once since I was in the bed. "I see that you don't mind watching me get dressed" I said, checking to make sure everything was still in my pockets.

"Well....um...." Twilight said, her cheeks burning red.

"Caught red handed and with no excuse. For shame" I said, turning to walk towards the door.

"Hey! You wouldn't mind watching me get dressed!" Twilight said, as I heard her get up from the chair, her footsteps heading my way.

"True true, but you would enjoy me watching you get dressed more than me enjoying it" I said, turning to see Twilights entire face blood red with embarrassment.

"H-how good are you at arguments?" She asked, I got a bit closer.

"I can argue my way through an army of angry moms" I said, raising my hand and blooping her nose. "Bloop" I said, before I turned around and exited the room.

"Where are you going?" Twilight asked, as she followed me out the door.

"Out of the hospital of course" I said, continuing my walk.

"But the exit's this way" she said, I turned on the dime and ran back.

"I knew that!" I said, rushing past her.

"Lets just teleport" Twilight said, I stopped and turned around.

"Then don't tell me where the exit is or else I'll just go there" I said, walking back. "Let me guess, back to the holding hands for teleporting?" I asked, Twilight gave a quick nod. "Nope, you get something else!" I said, throwing my arms around her. I felt her stiffen up from the sudden contact, but after a second, she returned it.

"How do you know everything?" She asked, as we stood there in the halls of the rather empty hospital.

"I get around" I said, as she tightened the hug.

"Whatever, I know you" she said, I just gave a laugh.

"You've only scratched the surface" I said, giving a light smirk.

"I highly doubt that" Twilight said, as I felt the magic of the teleportation spell begin.

"Off to the train we go" I said, as we went through the normal sequence of teleporting. Once we arrived at the train station, we broke our hug and looked around.

"Well it looks like Twilight finally made the move" I heard Rarity say, turning towards her voice, I saw the others standing there.

"Actually, I made the move, she just gave the opportunity" I said, being a little to into myself.

"That's a little to harsh, don't you think?" Rainbow said, I just laughed.

"I'm messing with ya, she made the move when she watched me get dressed!" I said, only to receive a slap from Twilight.

"This would make a great movie!" Pinkie said, as they all laughed a bit. I joined their laughter as the train pulled up.

"Alright, lets go!" Applejack said, as we boarded the train. Getting into our seats, Pinkie sat on my lap.

"Uh Pinkie I......you know what, this is normal" I said, as Pinkie snuggled into my chest a bit.

"Looks like some pony is a bit jealous" Rainbow said, looking at Fluttershy and Twilight, who were both staring at me and Pinkie.

"What have I gotten into?" I asked, wondering when all of them had started going for me. "How long has it been like this? I shouldn't ask should I?" I asked, Fluttershy just went off to a different seat and Twilight sat across from me and Pinkie.

"I have no say in this" I heard a new voice say, looking to the left, I saw the gray mare from the party.

"W-where'd you come from?" I asked, stuttering for no reason.

"I came from my house to this train" she said, giggling.

"Curse the smart alecs!" I said, shaking my head.

"No really, I did! I flew straight here!" She said, showing her wings.

"Oh well, so what makes you want to sit next to me?" I asked out of curiosity, she began looking a bit concerned.

"Is it bad that I'm sitting here?" She asked, looking around for empty seats.

"No, I'm just not used to people or ponies just randomly sitting next to me" I said, she began to relax a bit.

"Oh good, I have a few questions to ask by the way" she said, smiling. "My name's Derpy!" She said, putting her hand out for a good shake.

"Nice to meet you, the name's Zach" I said, shaking her hand.

"Alright, now the question I want to ask is" Derpy said, searching through a little mail bag. After a second, she pulled a slip of paper out. "If you would like to go on a date with Lyra!" She said, handing me the paper that had the question. Reading it over, it was indeed an invitation to Lyra's house for dinner.

"Are all you ponies after me?" I asked, looking around as the train started going.

"Beats me" Pinkie said, as she continued with her snuggling.

"Depends" Twilight said, staring at the paper, me, and Pinkie.

"I wouldn't mind going out with you" I heard Fluttershy say from her seat. "If you don't mind that is" she said afterwards, before going back to her own business.

"Well shit, getting a girl is a lot harder on Earth than here" I said, thinking back, I realized why. "Let me guess, lack of males here" I said, looking at all of them.

"Well yeah, any stallion a mare can get their hands on is worth it" Rarity said, confirming my suspicions.

"Makes sense on why I've only seen one guy in town" I said, before slapping my face real quick.

"Why are you slapping yourself?" Rainbow asked, who I'm just noticing is sitting next to Twilight.

"To make sure I don't dip into insanity again" I said, before closing my eyes while hugging Pinkie a bit more.

"Wait, insanity? You've been there before?" Pinkie asked, cracking my eyes open a bit, I saw her staring at me.

"Yes, but that was before you Pinkie" I said, closing my eyes again. They all went silent as the train continued on its path. Once again, I felt the train change direction and turn towards wherever. Giving up, I let sleep overcome me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Get up sleepy head!" I heard Rainbow say, as I was rolled out of the seat I was in.

"What? Why?" I asked, trying to get comfortable again.

"Because we're here, that's why!" Rainbow said, before picking me up and dropping me.

"Alright alright! I'm up!" I said, standing up and stepping away from her.

"Lyra was right, you are the life of any party" Derpy said, as she exited the train. Following, I found the others out there, probably waiting for me.

"There he is, now lets go" Applejack said, as we all started progressing through the city of Canterlot. We walked through mane street, as the sign called it, gaining attention from the locals since Twilight and I were here.

"Stop staring, it gets more annoying than getting Rick rolled!" I yelled, making quite a bit of the crowd jump, including Rarity and Fluttershy.

"Will you stop yelling at the crowd?!" Rarity asked, angry that her mane was ruined from her tiny jump. I did a zipping motion over my mouth, which seemed to satisfy her as she started to fix it.

"Excuse me, sir?" I heard a voice say, turning, I saw what I believed to be a guard because of his armor.

"Lay it on me" I said, as he pulled out a scroll and cleared his throat.

"You are to accompany me to Princess Celestia for judging" he said, I looked a bit closer to see who it was.

"Oh you little shit head" I said, he gave me a cocky look.

"Yes me, now come willingly or I will have to bring you by force" he said, tightening his grip on the spear. Turning back, I saw Twilight's face, and stepped out of the way to let her handle him.

"Flash Sentry" Twilight said, stepping forward. Flash dropped his spear and went to attention.

"Popcorn?" Pinkie asked, putting a bucket in front of me. Without question, I took quite a few pieces.

"You are relieved from duty for a month, for abusing your new powers as a Royal Guard" Twilight said, Flash gave me a dirty look, before marching off in shame.

"Thanks Twilight" I said, as me and Pinkie stood up from our chairs, and proceeded towards the castle. Once we reached the gates, we were greated by sun butt herself.

"Hello my little ponies" Celestia said. "And Zach" she quickly finished off, I gave her a quick sad look because she forgot me for a second.

"Howdy princess" Applejack said, crossing her legs.

"Hi sun butt" I said, her eyes instantly locked onto mine. "I meant, Celestia" I said, she raised and eyebrow, before just shaking her head.

"I had almost forgotten that crude nickname you gave her" Rarity said, shaking her head. I just shrugged my shoulders, then looked around.

"Hey where's moon bu- I mean Princess Luna" I said, getting a glance from Twilight.

"Oh, she went off to her chambers to sleep off a headache" Celestia said, looking back at the castle.

"Aw, I was hoping we would all be here for the questions" Pinkie said, her smile upside down.

"Wait, questions? What questions?" I asked, they all looked at me like I had forgotten something important.

"You're the one who said questions should wait until we were all together" Rainbow said, I scratched my head in confusion, only to slap myself out of that state of mind.

"I had completly forgotten because I was kinda blasted with a magic spell" I said, thinking back to the clubhouse.

"Well whos fault is that?" Rarity asked, staring at me.

"Discord" I said, only for almost everyone around me to facepalm.

"Now why would that be Discords fault?" Fluttershy asked, now looking at me.

"Did somebody call me?" I heard the familiar voice of the science expirement say.

"Yes, explain to them how you made Sweetie Belle blast me" I said, he just scratched his chin as he entered my field of view.

"Well it's not my fault you get nauseous when teleporting" he said, rolling his eyes. Literally.

"And that ladies and gentlemen is how you solve the case!" I said, putting my hands up like I just won the Olympics, only to recieve a light smack on the back of my head.

"Well, since you're here Discord, would you like to join us at question time?" Fluttershy said, giving him a cute face. He grumbled for a second.

"Oh alright" he said, and with his final input, we were on our way into the castle. Walking through the doors, I saw just how rich royalty was here.

"Are those doors lined with gold?" I asked, pointing to some nearby doors. Celestia and the others looked at thw doors, then me.

"Why yes, aren't most doors in your world lined with gold?" Celestia asked, as if gold was just as common as dirt.

"Well lets see.....I lived in a world where pollution is an everyday thing, the world is slowly being destroyed, and if all of us had gold, we would live in perfect chaos" I said, looking back at the others, most of their eyes were wide open. "I've explained this before I do believe, so stop looking so shocked" I said, they shook their heads, and we proceeded to our destination. Which was the throne room.

"Now, shall we get started?" Rarity asked, as we all sat in the conveniently placed chairs.

"Whenever we're all ready" Celestia said, sitting in her throne.

"Nope, gonna get me a sandvich" I said, walking off.

"Do you even know where the kitchen is?" Twilight called out to me.

"I'll follow the smell of stew!" I yelled back, following the delicous smell. Walking through the maze of hallways, I finally found the kitchen. "Alright, now we're cooking!" I said, rushing straight to the bread. Looking around, I saw a lot of confused chefs, but then they began to bow. "Wait, I'm royalty now?" I asked, but the laugh from nearby answered that.

"You may rise" Luna said, stepping into my vision. "Now, how did you find your way here?" Luna asked, looking at the bread in my hands.

"Food, that's what" I said, as I started searching for some regular ingrediants.

"Well, what else are you looking for besides bread?" She asked, as she watched me shuffle through a bunch of random bottles.

"Some peanut butter and honey, but if you have some smoked ham that works to" I said, not finding any peanut butter. Turning to search another cabinet, Luna stopped me.

"Just follow me, we'll find the specialist chefs" she said, walking through a door. Following her, I found myself in another part of the kitchen, and there was.....meat?

"I thought you ponies were vegetarian" I said, searching around for anything that looked like ham.

"Well, we have this variety of meat for a reason" Luna said, as I heard her footsteps close behind.

"Tell me" I said, finding some raw ham. I was getting close.

"Sometimes we have visitors from other kingdoms, and not all are vegetarians" Luna said, I just nodded my head.

"Right, makes more sense" I said, picking up a pile of ham, I sniffed. "Oh thank god, I found some" I said, picking up a nearby knife and cutting off a few slices.

"Better?" Luna asked, as I stuffed the sandwich in my mouth.

"mmph" I said, as I chewed up the meaty treat.

Author's Note:

No story is ever complete without sandvich! Or sandwich, either one. Welp, last few chapters dead ahead, please do enjoy!

Thank you Super57s for proofreading.

Fun Fact: I built a mini castle out of sandwichs before.