• Published 31st Jan 2015
  • 1,172 Views, 18 Comments

Love Is Blind: A Story of PrismXAnnie - Shattered Heart



A romance story based off the fictional characters fictional character Prism Bolt, the son of Rainbow Dash & Soarin, and Anthea (A.K.A. Annie) The adoptive daughter of Fluttershy!

  • ...
12
 18
 1,172

Chapter 6: No longer Taboo?!

Ah... It's been three days. I really did miss that competition... But Annie is happy seeing the world so that makes it all the more worth it. With Rain guiding me, I can properly go about my day without my eyes. Although Rain sometimes does tend to be distracted time to time... I almost got the hang of going down stairs though! I admit that it's kind of tough walking down stairs with no eyes, I can only wonder what Annie had to go through. But then again, at least she was able to see color, I can only see darkness. Tomorrow is supposed to be payday, but ever since I traded my vision with Annie, she had been doing my work. I feel a little emasculated, having Annie do my job, but she seems to enjoy it.

Ever since the day we traded vision, I had been kinda bored lately. All I really have to do is sleep, and hang out with Annie. I haven't seen any pony since I went around showing Annie the town. Cotton Candy & Del were pretty psyched about it. Starburst, T, Nidra, Claire, and Illusion should be coming down soon this week. Annie had written to them telling them about what had happened. Frankly I thought they would have been here sooner, but I suppose they are busy. T & Nidra should be coming by today actually. Being blind isn't that fun, but when I think about how happy Annie is, I suck it up and learn to deal with it. "A stallion must always put his girl ahead of himself, even if it means letting her win a race," my dad Soarin would often say. I guess he was always trying to prep me for dating. In the midst of my thoughts, I ask Rain to guide me outside, and I lay in a patch of flowers waiting for Annie to be free from work, until suddenly I feel a belly flop on my back. Annie is back, just in time!

"Hello beautiful I must say you look great today," I say joke intended, rolling over atop of her and give her a passionate kiss. Rain suddenly began to smack my head and nose, I guess she is jealous that i'm giving Annie so much attention. Breaking the kiss, I feel something... "Oh nice, you changed your hairstyle! What's the occasion? You smell nice today, is that a new perfume? It smells like frosting!" To no reply I feel around for Annie's forehead ,"Wow you are hot, and i'm talking temperature, c'mon that kiss wasn't much was it?"

"C-c-c...Could you please... get off me..." Suddenly at that moment I had come to a realization. Why things were so awkward. Why Annie wasn't speaking to me... That voice wasn't Annie's... It was Cotton Candy's. Yelling I flap my wings away from her, getting off her, only to trip and fall into the creak in front of the cottage.

"C-Candy?! Wha... What are you doing?!" I yell at Candy, oh no... NO! I worked hard to make my love points with Annie go up and now I do something like this! I... Am I a cheater? Wait no I didn't know! "What am I gonna do?! Annie is going to kill me!" I start shouting. Candy pulls me out of the river and attempt to calm me down, but I'm too stressed out to calm down. Is this what I get for complaining about being blind? Is this some sort of karma for eating Annie's desert without telling her?! Oh no... Candy began to explain that she had come to hang out since I had been complaining that I was bored. Also that she had been planning to prank Annie now that she isn't blind, then it dawned on me. I have to prank Annie. I grab Candy's shoulders and tell her," Listen. Annie has always complained that we never pranked her because we were being 'discriminate' because she was blind. But she will be incredibly happy if we prank her that will give us the perfect chance during that happiness to tell her!"

"I dunno... Wouldn't it make more sense to tell her, then prank her? Cause then we can make her happy after she got mad." Candy suggested. No I don't think that's a good idea I tell her. To me it makes more sense to tell some pony bad news while they are happy to make it seem less bad. Rather than angering her then making her happy with a prank, because then she will just become more angry. Suddenly I hear Annie's voice. I whisper to Candy to act casual.

"Prism! I'm done with work! I got my pay early so how about I treat you to a date for once... Oh hi Candy! Nice to see you again! Uhmmm... Prism? Why are you wearing sun glasses?" Annie was completely oblivious to what was going on, and I plan to keep it that way. Alright I can do this!

"Prism and I kissed!" Candy shouted at the top of her.. OW!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Present

"That isn't what happened! Quit trying to lie to the readers," Annie commands. Rubbing the back of my head I continue the story.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Past

Knowing the fact that Annie was around I pulled out my sunglasses and put them over my eyes, little did I know that it was a Tell (Poker term for a trait or action that signifies a bluff or lie) which Annie had quickly taken notice of Annie questioned why I was wearing sun glasses and calmly I admitted," CANDY AND I KISSED!" Feeling the hole that I had just sunk myself into I could feel the dirt of guilt burying me alive. Candy who was sitting beside me had been awfully quiet. I felt the quietness hurt me, Annie wasn't talking at all, and frankly it was scaring me.

Then suddenly Annie asked in a not so cheerful mood," Is this some sort of prank? Because it’s not funny." Her words wounded me and I began to feel the emotional hole I was in grow deeper and deeper. I began to sweat and admitted it to being an accident, and explained that I thought Candy was her. Annie offered to forgive me. But under one condition... "So who is the better kisser?" Annie asked. Suddenly an entirely new feeling overwhelmed me, it was bad enough that Annie was mad, but now I have the potential to piss off Candy. Do I really have to do this? If I say Annie is better, I could lose a friend... If I say Candy then I'll lose the love of my life. Oh god.... I sound like that one dude from How I Met Your.... What was that show called again? Anyhow now is not the time to be thinking about what I sound like. Okay, if I lie I'm screwed either way, so I should focus on telling the truth.

"Annie... Well, I was more of the kisser, than her being the kisser so I didn't really see how well Candy kisses. So I would have to say that you are the better kisser," I explained. Annie was unimpressed, she called my answer a wussy answer.

"Alright. Candy. Kiss him," Annie stated broadly. To some this would be a blessing, but to me this may as well be my grave. "Prism you're gonna do nothing, you will be kissed and do nothing." I salute Annie due to the command, but then disagree with being kissed. But I feel Anne holding my face, and I feel a piercing glare poking through me. I may die today. If I die, bury me in.... Wait no. I don't like that song. Ahem. In any case I feel Annie's hooves leave mine. Candy for some reason easily agreed to this, I wonder if she had some sort of feelings for me or something. Not that I'd blame her. After all what mare could resist me? Suddenly I feel my lips being assaulted, oh geez my tongue too. Candy is freaking wild. Why in the world is she trying so hard?! Wait a minute... this feeling... This isn't Candy.

"Annie? What are you doing?" I ask. Annie surprised to hear me call her name, began to laugh. Then shortly I heard Candy's laugh.

"Candy never kissed you, you silly colt!" Annie shouted. I don't believe it. I ask her about earlier before she arrived," Yep that was me! I was the one who you kissed, but it was Candy's body you were embracing!" My face begins to heat up, I could cook pancakes with the heat my face is generating right now. Suddenly coming to a realization I turn to where I believe Candy to be and shout at her. We had agreed never to prank Annie, because she was blind, so why is it she pranked me even though I am currently blind. Annie had then explained," It was my idea! You always said it was taboo even though I said I wanted you guys to prank me, so now you see how it feels to be blind and pranked! Was it so bad?" Words failed me. I had kept my mouth shut, I don't need to say that I was embarrassed. I'll just end up making myself look worse than I already do... Then I came to another realization Rain smacking me earlier... She was in on the joke. She was supposed to be my eyes and she went along with the prank... Annie and Candy began to laugh "with me" and supposedly not at me. One thing is for sure, I'm getting them back. After all if anything I have discovered something new today. I learned that the pranks I always wanted to do are no longer taboo.

Author's Note:

What exactly is no longer taboo? What is this prank that Prism so desperately wants to do? Find out in the next chapter! Or maybe I'll just make it the chapter after next as a prank to the readers.... Mwahahahahaha find out soon!

Oh geez I haven't written a chapter in a long time! Sorry guys Q~Q hope you like this one! I... kinda received a blow to the spirit when one of my fics got reviewed. The dude pointed out all the flaws and didn't let me know of anything good in my story so I can only assume the whole story was thought of as trash.

Did you like this chapter? Leave a like, and comment on what you liked, and what you didn't like! Whether it's the highest praise or the lowest of blows of criticism I am all ears!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment