• Published 31st Jan 2015
  • 1,172 Views, 18 Comments

Love Is Blind: A Story of PrismXAnnie - Shattered Heart



A romance story based off the fictional characters fictional character Prism Bolt, the son of Rainbow Dash & Soarin, and Anthea (A.K.A. Annie) The adoptive daughter of Fluttershy!

  • ...
12
 18
 1,172

Chapter 4: What Makes Love Strongest?

~The Present~

You all are probably wondering, “How did you ever get so awesome?" Well the answer to that are three things! ONE: It's just simply genetic. I got awesome genes coursing through my very blood! TWO: Talent! Just because you're awesome doesn't mean that you don't require talent~ however I was merely born with talent thankfully!

"Wait a minute," I turn to look at Annie who was of course, listening onto the story. "Weren't you afraid of heights when you were a small colt?"

I shush Annie playfully and wink at her, "I was just scared of how awesome I was~ I was just too scared that ponies would be jealous of how awesome I was and hate me for it~" I stated proudly and clearly.

"So you're scared of being hated~" Annie teased as I hushed her yet again, now covering her mouth.

Ahem. Thirdly: Motivation & Encouragement. If it weren't for Annie I would have never bothered to become what I am today, was and always will be my motivation. My friends and family were my encouragement. Anyhow it's about time to go back to the story.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~The Past~

After it was decided that I would stay with Aunt Fluttershy I still had no clue what I wanted to do. Honestly everyday was exhausting, I have no idea how Aunt Fluttershy used to work by herself before. She had to wake up early to check the health of the critters, write down their records, keep track of breeding, groom them, make sure their homes and such weren't overpopulated, feed them three to four times a day, clean out certain animals dens, like the chicken coops... there was also the case of making sure they were well behaved. And it was still winter so I wasn't even helping with the hard parts of her job. Most of the critters were hibernating, but the ones that weren't were still a handful. I have to admit though, critters are a lot more intelligent than I thought they were.

I even got myself a pet! I wasn't really planning on it... but I got myself a Sugar Glider, her name is Rain. I really thought she was a lame critter at first... I wanted a pet that was more of my style. A cool pet. I wound up bonding with her though, I just kept waking up to finding her in my mane. I heard that Sugar Gliders are more of a pocket pet, but whatever works I suppose. Of course Auntie Fluttershy insisted that I adopted her, since Rain was so ... what's the word? Attached to me.

Anyway, I actually wasn't being paid much, but I didn’t mind, I insisted that I would pay for any expenses that I would have caused, after all the last thing I need is to give Auntie Fluttershy a reason to not allow me to live with her and Annie. I had been working at her... working at home for about two weeks. I hadn't heard from my mom at all, or my dad. I often thought about why I haven't seen dad yet, but only became more depressed.

I had been sleeping in Annie's room these last couple weeks, in her bed. It's kinda nice to be able to hold somepony in my sleep, but at the same time it's weird. I often wonder how Auntie Fluttershy could possibly allow a stallion, to sleep in her daughter’s bed, with her daughter. I guess she just knows me so well and assumes I won't do anything, if anything Annie doesn't sleep well unless she has somepony or something to hold at night, I guess that slot was filled in by her pet bat while I was away. I haven't touched Annie sexually, except for kissing. Unless cuddling counts... It's not like I don't want to do anything, after all I’m a grown healthy stallion and I have my needs. But I’m not going to settle those needs in the risk of moving faster than I already was, after all I moved into Auntie Fluttershy's home pretty fast.

I've been thinking a lot to myself lately, I just keep thinking. I should really move out so that I won't be a burden to Auntie Fluttershy, or if anything maybe I should make a shed out near the critters. The young flyers competition is coming soon that could be a good chance to rack up some 1st place bits for my wallet. That could really help me move out. One thing that is stopping me is Annie, I’m afraid of taking Annie away from Auntie Fluttershy after she had been so kind to me. Ugh. I'm glad no one but myself can hear these thoughts. Or that would be just awkward, and embarrassing. I think I sound oh soooo polite, and such. If I talked this way aloud I think I’d want to kick my own flank for being this way. Every day I work, then shower, then goof off with Annie, eat, then sleep, then I wake up and the process continues. I feel like I may have been ignoring my friends lately, but hey that's what's going to happen when you have the best marefriend in all of Equestria. Finally finished with the chores I had been tasked with I walk into the house and start my shower. I've been paying more attention to hygiene now that I’m with Annie, after all with her blindness her other senses are really good, and I don't need her thinking that I stink.

As I think to myself and begin to sing a tune I close my eyes and enjoy the warm water. Hot showers are just great. As I turn to my left I nearly jump "WHOA HEY! What are you doing in here?! I'M NAKED HERE! AND SHOWERING!" Annie had been watching me, and possibly listening to me shower. I hadn't even heard the door open.

"What does it matter if you're naked? Most of everypony in Ponyville is naked, plus I’m blind!" Annie explains waving her hoof in front of her eyes," It's not like I can see anything important well."

Suddenly my embarrassment faded. When I really think of it yeah we usually walk around nude anyway, but something kept ringing in my ear. Almost as if I was not realizing something important. Annie's voice rang in my head, "It's not like I can see anything important well.... I can see anything important well... WELL!" Oh my lord Celestia.

"Waitaminute! You mean you saw my-"

"Yep," Annie Interrupted. "A blurry version but I saw it all~"

I feel my face heating up, and I don't think it's because of the hot water, or the steam from the water. I look down at myself then back at Annie and state, "You will not say a word of this to anypony... NOPONY!" I commanded.

"Why?" Annie asked, "I haven't seen one in real life before this, but if I were to make a comment I’d say it's rather-" unable to hear anymore I put my hoof over her mouth, begging her not to say anything more. I'm confident in myself, but I haven't seen another's either so I’m not really sure how I compare to other stallions, and I’m not about to find out anytime soon.

I walk out of the bathroom, Annie climbing on top of my back, Auntie Fluttershy just so happened to be outside the door. Her face turning red, suddenly I find myself on the floor. I... I think I was just slapped. Auntie Fluttershy must have slapped me, and realized what she had done because she had rubbed my face apologizing. "I am so sorry... wait... what were you doing in there with Annie...? I know I haven't really laid down any rules, but I thought you would at least not do anything to her while you were living here..." Still a little shocked from the slap I slowly stagger to stand, Annie who was still on my back had explained the situation, causing Auntie Fluttershy to apologize further. I have to admit, this could either be a very embarrassing memory or a very funny memory either way I don't think now is the time to be laughing about it.

Walking down the stairs with Annie on my back I begin walking towards Ponyville, thinking of what to do for the day. "You know... the young flyer's competition is coming up soon... maybe you would like to join the competition?" Annie suggested. It was weird to hear Annie suggest I do something that didn't involve her. I had thought about doing the competition multiple times, last time I was in the competition I wound up in second place. This brat name Hot Head wound up beating me. I'll go into more detail about him later, just thinking about him annoys me. "I really think you should do it! After all you are such a great flyer!" Annie had watched me fly a lot, but all she can see is a blur, so I’m sure she is just saying that. If I really were so great I would have been first place last year... No... That was just beginner's luck! This year I’ll do it! I'll beat that Hot Head! Oh the things I could do with the reward bits!

Thanks to Annie I plan to join the young flyer's competition... I feel like I should do something now. She is the one that is motivating me to do it after all, I kiss her cheek and thank her as I continue to carry her. I used to be embarrassed when Annie climbed onto my back and made me carry her, but it's a lot safer for her. Maybe that's just me being overprotective. Hmmm, but back to the subject of doing something for Annie, I think a kiss isn't really enough, as I look around town it hit me, why don't I use the money to do something for Annie? After all I wouldn't win the competition if she hadn't motivated me. I'm already confident that I will win! I'm the son of two Wonderbolts, I’m so totally going to win! I know what I’ll do! Just to show my mom up, I’ll do a sonic rainboom. I'll show her that my life is better without her in it and prove it to her that I can be independent! That I don't need some annoying old hag to be telling me what to do, or that I’m lazy, or that I have no hope for the future. "Prism? You okay? Your wings are flared," Annie asked with concern. I fold my wings down and smile, telling her that I was just startled by something that caught my eye. I don't really know what Annie does while she is on my back, but she is often just either closing her eyes, or looking around. Not that there is anything else to do.

Getting into a flower field I set Annie down and begin to practice my flying skills, I can't really do the Sonic Rainboom on command, but I will get it down before the Young Flyer's Competition! I have a week to practice! I fly up high into the sky, first I’ll practice the hardest routines! Then I’ll work down to the easiest! That way if anything I can do the Sonic Rainboom to win! That's my key to winning!

After that days had passed, my daily routine consisted of sleep, eat, work, then practice, sleep wake up, then continue the cycle, I felt bad that I wasn't making time for Annie, but she looked like she didn't mind... so maybe it was fine? Whenever I saw her she would just smile at me, so maybe it was fine... but then again mares are a mystery.

The day after tomorrow is the day. I still haven't done the Sonic Rainboom. But that means nothing as long as I get it done by today or tomorrow. Out in the flower fields I practiced over and over and over, after exhausting myself I laid down onto the flowers and stared at the sky. "Why CAN'T I GET THIS RIGHT?!" I shout to the sky, almost as if I were expecting an answer. I can't remember the last time I was even mad at myself, but this was annoying, I lost track of how many times I failed.

"Oh my, my, my. No good, not good at all little Prism dolt," I hear a voice say. I look around, but to see nothing, looking closely at my surroundings I see a big sunflower... A sunflower with a face... "Why your mother was able to do a Sonic Rainboom as a filly, and on command when she was your age. Are you sure you're really her son?" Now remembering this voice I now know who it is.

"Uncle Discord, what exactly are you doing here?" I state, suddenly the flower transforms and takes shape of a long, tall, creature. This was not my real uncle, but I often called him many different things, but he is Discord. The embodiment of chaos itself. I admit he is fun, he is an awesome prankster, better than my mother, and Auntie Pinkie Pie combined.

"Why, I kept feeling that the sound barrier around this area was near breaking multiple times, and anything normal that breaks is just chaos to my ears~" Discord explains with a clap ," and stop calling me Uncle. It just sends shivers down my spine. I feel old..." Discord states as he pulls out a cane, suddenly changing shape, making him look senile. “I must say though, you do not have a knack for this do you? Where is that dear sweetheart of yours Annie? Isn't she always with you?" Confused as to how Discord knew before I could ask he stated," After all Dear young Fluttershy told me you two were inseparable! And I just had to make sure that my most favorite niece in all of Equestria was dating a respectable young lad like me~" I explain to Discord that I was practicing for the Young Flyer's Competition. "Well as I recall you lost last time?" Discord took a thinking pose sitting on some sort of fancy chair that came from nowhere. Telling Discord to get lost he slithers in front of me our faces touching, “Now, now, now Prism, my dear little colt." Ugh. I am not a colt. I'm a stallion. "I am here not just to visit Annie & Fluttershy, but for you too~" I cock a stare at him raising an eyebrow, "Why I even heard that you haven't talked to your moth-" I cover Discords mouth, but he licks my hoof, and up my foreleg... ew. Flicking the saliva off he states, "Fine! If you don't want my expertise in parent to child relationships I’ll just give you advice on your love relationship" Suddenly as he stated that a giant electronic heart appeared behind him, flashing. I ask him how in the wide, WIDE world of Equestria he could possibly help me in love especially when things are going fine. "Well EXCUSE ME! Well I only managed to marry the most GORGEOUS and Sunniest mare of all of Equestria~ and quite frankly I have been WATCHING YOU~ these past two days~ “singing his last sentence, it caught my attention when he stated that he had been watching me. ”You didn't notice because you were too high in the sky, but while Annie had been watching you she was very sad, she was watching you in the sky and could barely tell where you were! If it weren't for your mane and coat being such the colors they are you would be nearly invisible! With you being so high in the sky you become an even harder to see blur! Even when you aren't moving!" I explain that it was Annie's idea in the first place to have me join the competition. "Of course she wanted you to join! What Significant other wouldn't want their partner to have fun and be happy? She is obviously sad that she can't see your performance despite wanting you to perform"

"What? Wait, but Annie always watched me perform.... but... all she sees is a blur... ugh... Have I been too inconsiderate? I've been thinking of nothing, but work and this competition... Was I in the wrong somehow?" I mumble to myself, I look toward Discord who may have been making a valid point, and he was taking photos of my worried face... I smack the camera out of his claw, and give him the dirtiest look I can possibly give him. I sigh rubbing my head," If you got suggestions... I’m listening." Discord now throwing flowers into the air as fireworks explode into the sky began to prance around me.

"Oh what joy! What joy! I get to teach a lesson! Not a lesson in friendship~, but a lesson in romance! Now listen my young Prism," Discord suddenly flashed and I found myself sitting on a desk, as well as Discord sitting in a desk with an apple and a chalkboard, “Now. Romance is all about what you are willing to do for your loved one! Sacrifices must be made!" Discord explained. Sacrifices? That seems a little extreme. I open my mouth to ask a question, but Discord smacks a yard stick against the desk, "Nah ah, ah! Raise your hoof if you have a question." I reluctantly raise my hoof and Discord FINALLY answers, "Ah yes you! The handsome young gentlecolt right there." I open my mouth to answer, but Discord yet again slams the yardstick on my desk, "Nah ah, ah I was talking to him."

I look behind myself and see a Stallion with a brown coat, grey hair, a beard, and a tornado of sorts for a cutie mark. The pony with a familiar voice asks, “When is Lunch break? We have been here for like. 5 minutes. Isn't that enough time for class?"

Discord looked outraged, he slammed his yardstick onto the desk splitting the desk in half, “Now see here! You are here to learn! Not to complain!" Confused I ask who in the world that pony is, and the pony transformed... into another Discord. The Discords begin to argue among each other and I finally decide that this is taking too long. I get out my desk and start walking away from the fields. If I can talk to Discord about these romance problems, I can sure as Tartarus talk to Annie instead... but yet again Discord reappears in front of me, "Now to answer the question you didn't ask. How do I know? You don't ask? Well! All that is unsaid causes stress on the heart and Discord comes in the various shapes and sizes~ After all the -cord in Discord is the Latin root for heart! So disharmony with your heart is just the same as Discord in a way! Now to answer your unasked question, YES! Sacrifice! If there is one thing that all romances have in common is that love can't grow without sacrifice! Example! I gave up my evil ways for the love of my eternal life! Celestia!"

I may not had been the best student in class, but everypony knows that Discord used to be evil and had brought Disharmony across Equestria once or twice upon a time. His words did echo in my head though, it’s true. He sacrificed his evil ways and he and Celestia are happily married. But what could I possibly sacrifice for Annie that would make our love become stronger... Maybe I could give up today's practice so that we could go on a date that would surely make her happy. Besides one day without practice won't be the end of the world... Wait... the contest is the day after tomorrow! I can just take tomorrow off! This will give me a day to rest, while I get to spend time with Annie! It's perfect. I explain to Discord my thoughts and he states, "Well SURE you could do that if you wanted to be boring! But why sacrifice something simple... When you could sacrifice something more? What if I told you, there was something more... extravagant... that you could sacrifice to make her happy?

As Discord began to whisper into my ear, I grew shocked. "Is... is that even possible?" I ask. To which Discord simply laughed, his laugh beginning to echo throughout the hills. Lending out his claws to shake my hoof, I throw my hoof in without hesitation. If this sacrifice will ensure that Annie will be happy, then it’s worth doing.

"Well it's getting dark wouldn't you say?" Discord points out. I look at the sky and see it darkening... rather quickly actually. "My, my, my look at the time, I should be taking you home." Discord snaps his claws and suddenly I’m in bed with Annie.

I hold her close to my body, and kiss her forehead. "Goodnight Annie, love ya." Annie yawned and moaned. I can hear her slightly mumbling, but I’m just too tired to hear her, surely tomorrow... I’ll give her a good day. A day she won't forget.


Hmmmhmmhmmmhmmm hahahahahaha oh what joy! Lookie here I took over the author's computer! That's right all of you "People" I see you all confused, or perhaps you already guessed what's going to happen? Perhaps it's too obviooouuuusssss. Well SORRY but unfortunately i'm not the author nor am I the narrator now am I? Can't you all just be glad that the best Character in the series has FINALLY been mentioned? Some may say that Fluttershy is best pony or yada, yada, yada, but everypony... oh I’m sorry I mean "EVERYONE" Knows that I am the best throughout the show! Oops! I think the author sees me! Got to go! Tata for now! TTYL, BRB, LOL, and such!

Author's Note:

Frankly I wrote this chapter really wanting Discord to be put in obviously. I like Discord, and feel that he will be an awesome character now that he is truly reformed. For those confused about the Discord x Celestia shipping, that is the way it is in the "Kilalaverse" They even have a young un' named Illusion! To see more go on Deviantart and search up Kilala97!

Holy damn. when i copied all the chapters and put em in microsoft word I saw soooo many easily avoidable mistakes... I just can't believe I made so many. Well rest assured, I will be correcting my work in word before uploading the next chapter!