• Published 31st Jan 2015
  • 1,167 Views, 18 Comments

Love Is Blind: A Story of PrismXAnnie - Shattered Heart



A romance story based off the fictional characters fictional character Prism Bolt, the son of Rainbow Dash & Soarin, and Anthea (A.K.A. Annie) The adoptive daughter of Fluttershy!

  • ...
12
 18
 1,167

Prologue: Chapter 0: Where it all started

I had always wondered what I wanted to do in life. I guess I never really thought about it. All I ever wanted to do was have fun. I just... don't want to be alone. I don't want to live a life where I can't have fun. I had always told myself that. I had always been athletic, awesome, and maybe sometimes a lady's pony. I never thought that my life would head in this direction. I never thought any of this would happen. Until it started. My name is Prism Bolt. My Mother's name is Rainbow Dash & my Father's name is Soarin. They are 2 of the famous "Wonder Bolts" and the best of the team. I had recently read a comic book about a hero that talked to himself A LOT. So I guess that's why i'm doing it. Well i'm thinking it. But I think that it may be cool to pretend that there is some universe of others that just so happen to be watching over me and listening to my story. Makes life more fun to think i'm talking to others while breaking the fourth wall... Although I suppose the fourth wall doesn't exist in my world... or does it? I guess I can't prove it. My life changed when that fateful day occurred. My mom must have been going through her time of the month because she suddenly threw me out of the house for no good reason...

~The Past~

*Thud Thud.... CRASH...BAM*

"I DON'T NEED A LAZY SON WITH NO PLANS IN LIFE IN THIS HOUSE!" I really can't stand my mother when she is like this. She yells, she won't try to at least see it my way, and most of all she throws things, like seriously. If the closest thing nearby is a book you might be okay but I wouldn't anger her while she is in the kitchen. Not that her cooking is all that great anyway.
"MOM YOU ARE OVER-REACTING!" I feel like the only way really to make her hear my words was to yell at her. Especially with how loud she yells. I admit I have no real life goals, but can't having fun with the life I have be my goal in life? After all Aunt Pinkie Pie seemed to do it, and very well too.

I don't normally yell back at my mother but nothing annoys me more than being insulted.... and some other stuff... I’ll get to that later. My mom & I always fight like this. Sometimes we fight over little things like how I refuse to eat certain foods, and sometimes it will be for absolutely stupid reasons, like now. I just don't see why instead of yelling she could have just talked to me like a grown up would to another grown up. Maybe it was something I said. No you know what it was in no way my fault! *Sigh* Maybe if my father had been here for the argument things wouldn't have gotten so bad, but it wasn't his fault, but it sure as hell was not my fault!
My mother just continued to scream at me,"This is exactly what I was telling all the girls about! You have no drive to do anything! You can't even fix things with Whirlwind! At least when you two were together you were more... FOCUSED! WHY CAN'T YOU TAKE THINGS MORE SERIOUSLY?! DON'T YOU WANT TO MOVE OUT?"

That was totally uncalled for. Whirlwind is my ex marefriend. She was really sweet to me but... things... just didn't work out. She had forgiven me a few times before but... I don't think I deserve to ask for another chance.... N-Not that she wouldn't be able to resist my charms or anything! I... just don't think it would be right... yeah that's it.

"WELL EXCUUUUUSE ME FOR SCREWING UP MY LIFE! UGH! THIS...THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" The moment those words flew out of my mouth I realized that I probably shouldn't have said that. Awww Damn. Look there are tears in my mom's eyes. I feel like my eyesight is fuzzy as well, but I’m biting my tongue to suppress whatever is in my eye from leaking out. I refuse to lose my pride and show tears simply just because we are arguing... but...

"GET OUT! GET OUT! GET OUT! GET OUUUUUTTT!!! AND DON'T COME BACK UNTIL YOU APOLOGIZE! YOU KNOW WHAT?! NOT EVEN IF YOU APOLOGIZE! NEVER COME BACK HERE!!!" My eyesight becoming more and more vague I feel a heavy weight in my gut, almost heavy enough to make me sink through the flooring of my house, but I am not about to lose this argument, not when it's so important for me to win this fight. In the heat of the moment I feel my face heating up a headache coming on suddenly the room is silent, the room is suddenly looks as though time had slowed.

I finally shout," FINE! DON'T BOTHER LOOKING FOR ME! DON'T BOTHER MAILING ME! JUST NEVER, EVER TRY TO EVEN LOOK AT ME FROM ANY TYPE OF "MAGIC MIRROR" OR WHATEVER THE HELL PRINCESS TWILIGHT OR YOU COULD EVER COME UP WITH!" I feel like I won the fight, but at the same time I feel like I have lost. I just don't know what happened after that fight. All I remember is that it had started to thunder storm.
At that point there was just so much pressure going to my head I just don't remember anything more than it was raining and I crash landed... well I think I crash landed, looking around right now all I can see is a ditch that I am laying in it. I sit back up and just stare at the bottom of the hole being pelted by the rain. Sure I could have just stayed above the clouds but... I just didn't feel like I should. So I sat in the rain. Not even looking around to see where I was. That must have been the longest, coldest, and loneliest rain showers I have ever been through. The rain felt like it lasted for days, but the rain never let up. I was just so angry I wound up staring at the hole I was in, and then I slept, when I'd wake up i'd see the rain water filling the hole so i took my leave and simply sat in front of the hole and watched it fill up with rain water, still angry. I'm not sure if I’m angry at my mother, or whoever, but I was just angry. I refuse to apologize even now. My mother didn't even care to look for me. But right now... I feel like maybe it would be nice for someone to find me, but I immediately throw away the though just staring into the newly made water hole I created. The rain had suddenly felt a whole lot warmer as it touched my face, but my eyesight got blurry again so I wiped it from my eyes. I felt like I needed a tissue... and maybe a friend. Almost as if my wish was granted I suddenly I heard a voice.
"Prism? Is that you?"

I hear that voice, it's very familiar, a mare's voice that sounded very sweet well at least to me it did, but confused. I almost felt a whole lot better, but I didn't turn around, I felt like I didn't want my face to be seen. I never would have thought I would have ran into her of all ponies. Maybe it was fate...Maybe destiny...Maybe chance or coincidence... but then again... maybe it was something more. Before I knew it she was sitting beside me, I just stared at the water hole so I wasn't sure who she was 100% but I had an idea, the annoying sound of water hitting something repeatedly gave me the idea she was holding an umbrella.

"Oh it is you!" The familiar voice stated proudly. Suddenly my eyes were covered, but I was so annoyed I didn't really care. "Guess whooooo?"

I really shouldn't have been as mad as I was at a friend who was just trying to be friendly, but I angrily calmed myself and asked, “Do I look like I am in the mood to be doing this... Anthea?"

The mare's name is Anthea. A lot of our friends call her Annie, including me. I always enjoyed her company since she was always understanding and didn't mind listening to me talk. A pretty Light Pink mare with a light greenish mane. She had been single all her life as far as I know. I used to think she was in love with one of my good friend Turquoise but I they both kept telling me they were like siblings. That it would be too weird. I'll tell you all more about Turquoise later.

She had let go stating "I can't tell in case you forgot." She had begun to wave her hoof in front of her eyes smiling, then frowning when she stopped. But then she turned her attention to her now wet coat “Oh jeez you're soaking wet. What are you doing here in the rain?"
A little annoyed a little happy I simply replied sarcastically, “Oh well you know I felt it was a lovely day to stare at a waterhole."
I'm sure she knew I was speaking sarcastically but she had no remarks aside her asking," Waterhole? You mean I'm at the Waterhole? I thought I was heading home. I must have gotten lost. Prism can you take me home? If this is where the waterhole is I’m not sure which direction I’m supposed to walk."

I don't reply to her request I simply asked," How did you know it was me?" Her response had shocked me though it probably wasn't as big a deal as I thought it was.

"I heard you talking to yourself. And there aren't that many ponies with rainbow colored manes. I saw a rainbow blur and hoped for the best~" With her stating that I had not realized that I had been talking to myself all this time... wait no I was talking to my audience... but to her I was talking to myself... oh jeez does this mean that she heard me say all this?
As I began to sigh I finally turn my face to look at Annie, she was smiling at me and cocked her head," Is something wrong?" I think she was trying to be cute. She does that from time to time. She can be the sweetest little mare, to the most dangerous, to the most flamboyant.
At this point I just don't care at all who knows. I was a little hesitant to tell her because I didn't want her pitying me but I just felt like I had to tell her. I don't know why.

I had calmly stated to her, "I got kicked out of my house. I have been sitting here ever since the rain storm started." It must have been a long time because when I looked at Annie her face sank into a open mouthed shocked face.

"YOU'VE BEEN SITTING HERE FOR 3 DAYS?!" Rubbing my head because of her nearly screaming in my ear I looked at her with shock... not that I think she'd be able to tell. I didn't even realize that I had been there for days, but that explains the pain in my stomach, that's probably hunger. I feel hungry but for some reason I just don't want to eat.

While I thought to myself Annie had bitten my ear," OW OWOWOWOWOWWOW!!!! What are you doing?!"

Annie had let go I can see her angry face staring at me," I'm taking you home with me! You need to eat, and to get out of this rain!"
I had rubbed my ear with my hoof, I felt a little sink where she bit my ear, she may have left marks but I can't see it. I look at her and ask annoyingly," Couldn't you have just asked me to come with you instead of pulling me by the ear?!" I swear everypony is either yelling at me or hurting me lately.

"You wouldn't have come if I offered! So I'm commanding you!" I began to walk back towards the waterhole but then I heard sniffling. I turned around and saw Annie, she begged me, "PLEASE PRISM" She had started crying and it began to make me feel really guilty. But I had to stand my ground! This was about a Stallion's Pride! she continued to cry," I...I can't stand to see you suffer like this... I can't stand it! Just please come home with me! I...*SMACK*
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The Present time*

I hold my head in pain and feel a bump forming. I kind of whined a bit,"Owwwww," as I turn around who else would it be but Annie. "THAT ISN'T WHAT HAPPENED! Tell the real story to the readers!" She had proclaimed pointing at a random direction... or at least I think it's a random direction.

I was confused by what she said however I replied instantly once the pain dialed down,"Wha... What? Readers? Don't you mean listeners? Wait how did you know that I was narrating?! And don't you mean watchers? If I'm to tell my story it would definitely be in a tv show or a movie not some book or some... I dunno electronic story book."
Annie had been showing she was mad, but I feel like she was being more playful mad than mad mad. "You have been doing this ever since you started reading that comic book! NOW TELL THE REAL STORY Mister~!"
*Smack*

I hold my head in pain, she had hit the SAME spot. I just can't argue with this girl. "OWOWOWOWOW! Alright, alright! Anything for you! Just stop hitting me! "

Annie had stood on her hind legs waving her forelegs," Yay! Story time~" I look at her in confusion, “wait... you're going to listen to me Narrate?!"

She had immediately responded with some weird kissy face,"Whaaaaaat? Don't you love me? If you loved me you'd narrate the story to me & the readers <3"

I feel slightly embarrassed with how she worded that, “Come one honey.... not in front of the watchers...." I cower in fear... Annie had raised her hoof stating, "Reeaaderrss!"

I hold my head before she could smite me. “WOAH, WOAH, WOAH, WOAH! Alright! Readers! Readers it is!" She turned away from me at a random direction and she winked at something.... or somepony.... No there are no windows or ponies around... "Who was she winking at?" I think to myself. Anyhow where were we? Oh! Right So...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The Past*

Annie had tried to persuade me but I wouldn't budge. Prism you should really come home with me *She feels around for his face cheeks with both hooves holding an umbrella with her magic* I felt really embarrassed that she was holding my cheeks, but my heart started to pound, I had a weird feeling in the back of my throat. Almost as if I was expecting something to happen. The heat my heart was producing was showing me my body was actually really cold and it began to hurt. My face began to heat. I feel glad Annie can't see, she would be able to tease me forever if she noticed this.
I wasn't expecting it to happen, but that was the first kiss that Annie and I share- *smack* "OW! Alright, alright! I'm sorry! Hahaha... owwww. You really are strong... What really happened was that Annie...."
Annie had told me, “Prism you should really come home with me" I think she was actually TRYING to seduce me. *She feels around for his face holding his cheeks with both hooves* I stared sadly at her, I close my eyes and state, Annie... I'm sorry but I can't. I don't deserve your help... I don't deserve anyponies he-"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~The Present~

"And that is all I remembered of that day. Annie care to tell them what you did?"
Annie had taken a victory pose,"I head-butted him" she stated proudly. She head-butted me. *He interrupts her saying it in unison* Annie had proudly stated," What can I say? I'm hard headed. hehe~"
I state almost as if I were a professor" And with her horn being in the way of the head-butt I was seriously knocked out.... I mean I was only knocked out because I was already weakened from my hunger. My awesome self would never go down in one shot." I state proudly crossing my fore legs.

Annie smiled at me almost as if something had popped into her head, “That reminds me have you eaten today?" I simply replied happily," Oh yeah I had a sandwich~ you sure make the best ones~"
Annie had asked sweetly," So you're full?" She showed me a sweet smile.
Feeling like I knew where this was going I started to feel like we were about to have some fun “Yes. I. Am~" I smile at her back. Annie had grabbed my face cheeks and I suddenly felt like this was familiar, but I shook off the feeling. She wrapped her hooves around my neck, and I felt things starting to get intimate... until I look at Annie. Her head had leaned back & that is all I remember of yesterday.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the beginning of a story that would change my life.

Author's Note:

If you have no clue who these characters are then you should seriously check out Kilala97 on Deviantart! She is amazing! Her stories are fun to read, and the art is beautiful!
http://kilala97.deviantart.com/
I used this as reference during Rainbow Dash's yelling http://kilala97.deviantart.com/art/Mom-Talk-486085173