• Published 31st Jan 2015
  • 1,172 Views, 18 Comments

Love Is Blind: A Story of PrismXAnnie - Shattered Heart



A romance story based off the fictional characters fictional character Prism Bolt, the son of Rainbow Dash & Soarin, and Anthea (A.K.A. Annie) The adoptive daughter of Fluttershy!

  • ...
12
 18
 1,172

Chapter 5: Nothing I wouldn't do

"AAAAIIIIIII!" Suddenly hearing the loud screams of some pony I wake up startled, too dark to see.

"What?! What's going on!?" I ask yelling as I jump out of bed," Is it a thief?! A ninja?! A ninja thief?! Annie! Turn on the lamp! No wait I'll do it..." Moving my hooves around for the lamp at the side of our bed I suddenly hear Annie's voice answer me.

"That voice... That mane... Prism? Is that you?" Annie asks. I reply sarcastically that it was obviously me, after all how could she possibly mistake me for anypony else? Suddenly I feel my face being grabbed, suddenly feeling as if I am about to be faced with impact I close my eyes, bracing myself, but instead I am pushed down beneath a window frame. Feeling Annie's embrace, I hear her crying. Finally she had stopped crying. Asking her what was going on, I suddenly feel something in my gut. Clearing out my ears I ask her to say it again,” I... I can see you. You're more handsome than I imagined..." Holding her until she stopped crying, I thought to myself, what kind of miracle could have caused this? Wait could this have been the sacrifice Discord was talking about? Then whatever I sacrificed must have given Annie her sight right? Suddenly something occurred to me something that made me feel stupid, but worried at the same time. I had asked Annie how she was able to see in the darkness... Which prompted her to say, “What are you talking about? It's morning. The sun is up pretty high. Can't you tell?"

Suddenly i find myself speechless. Unsure of what to say, much less think. My mind became blank. Annie had always been able to see blurs because she had her unicorn magic... But I am not a unicorn, I’m completely blind, all I see is darkness. Almost ready to scream from the shock of losing my eyesight I think to myself, “If Annie sees that I sacrificed my eyesight for her to see, then she will feel guilty and sad over this... I need to keep it a secret." Looking around I see, I am truly blind right now. Somehow I have to talk to Discord. But right now I’m gonna have to tell her that I’m blind. After all I can't exactly hide it... And I’m gonna have to keep her from finding out about the sacrificial conversation I had with Discord. Thinking I ask, "Hey Annie, where is Auntie Fluttershy? Wouldn't you love to see her?" Almost instantly I feel Annie's body leaving mine, and hear the sounds of her dashing down the stairs. Feeling around the floor I suddenly feel a familiar presence on my shoulder, Rain my pet sugar glider. I begin to explain to Rain, "Hey Rain, I’m actually blind right now, I can't tell you how, but I can't see. Do you think you could be my eyes for a while?”... Awaiting her answer I ask," Did you nod?" Suddenly hearing a squeak I feel that she was saying yes in a way. Making my way out of the room I feel Rain tugging on my left and right ear, probably telling me to go either left or right. Feeling the wall with my hooves I hear Annie and Auntie Fluttershy crying, running down the hall and down the stairs I come to realize something... Blind ponies should probably not run down stairs... Before I know it I find myself laying on my back and out of breath," ARGH... Is... Ugh... Is everything... okay?" I ask gasping for air.

Feeling myself getting picked up from a small frame I suddenly feel something... My sense of smell... This is Annie picking me up. I'm pretty sure it is. "Annie? Is that you?" I ask.

Suddenly hearing Rain's squeaking I hear Auntie Fluttershy's conversation with her. "Prism is... Blind?!" Auntie Fluttershy must have been very shocked from the sound of her voice. Suddenly Auntie Fluttershy screamed, "DISCORD!" Almost instantly I hear the voice of Discord.

"WHY HELLO THERE MY DEAR FLUTTERSHY! Why you feel as light as a feather, and just as young as the day I met you~! How have you been my dear?" Discord yells. Suddenly feeling a cold chill, Auntie Fluttershy had asked him about what he had done to Annie, Discord began to explain ,"Well I had been thinking in my thinking tree, why yes I was, I thought and wondered, HOW AS AN UNCLE have I not checked out Prism to make sure he truly loved Annie? After all he does have QUITE the history with mare's, that what's her name... Whirlwind, Crystal Clarity or Claire as you call her, uhhhhmmm hold on let me check my book, I’m sure there's more, I think he had a date with that Amber miss, but just between me and ever pony, he got nowhere hahaha~ not quite the lady charmer you thought you were are you Prism~?" I suddenly feel him nudging me, and suddenly I feel a glare, coming at me as I am suddenly punched... I think that's Annie. Suddenly I hear her whisper to me that I had explaining to do later... Oh what great fun I’m gonna have... Suddenly Discord continued to explain ,"Well gave him some advice on love and said, in order to make love blossom you must-" Not listening to anymore of this I dive at the sound of Discord's voice, but crash into a table that was behind him. Discord continued to explain as if nothing happened,” I told him in order to make love stronger SACRIFICE IS REQUIRED! So I looked deeeeeeep down into his heart, to see what exactly he was willing to sacrifice to Annie to make her happy and I couldn't had been more shocked!" Suddenly I feel all the attention of every pony's gazes at me. "Now the stress on one's heart is a disharmony of one's own soul, so I was easily able to see into his heart, and he was actually willing to sacrifice... HIS WHOLE BEING! That's right mares and gentle colts! He would have given his life for her happiness! I thought it'd be funny to do a loophole with this and just make Annie and Prism switch bodies for a day, but I decided to go a more... REFORMED... route. I basically just switched their eye sight! It should only last a week or so, no refunds, exchanges, or early returns. I was quite shocked really while in his heart, and hear I thought he was just some stallion trying to take advantage of the kindness of you two but he genuinely loves Annie~ While I was in there I had also heard the most embarrassing of thoughts Prism had thought of! Shall I recite them?"

Reaching out to the voice of Discord I beg him to stop talking, “Please stop! THIS IS WAY TOO EMBARRASSING!" I felt my face heat from the stares I couldn't see. "Please just stop talking Discord..." I ask. Covering my face I suddenly feel a kiss on my cheek and the embrace of some pony. From the smell I could tell it was Annie. Then I felt another pony's body, I think it was Auntie Fluttershy.

"You did such a wonderful thing for my daughter... I didn't even know switching eye sight was possible. I would have done it for Annie in a heartbeat, and yet you had beat me to it. You are just such a wonderful stallion," Auntie Fluttershy spoke to me with such emotion I felt more embarrassed. "I just can't believe you sacrificed the young flyer's competition! That was such a big thing you did for Annie." Suddenly the thought came to mind... I'm going to miss the young flyer's competition?! ... Oh well... It's a small price to pay for Annie's kindness.

Suddenly I feel Annie's embrace leaving mine, stomping of the stairs, and the slam of a door. Annie must have just realized what I had truly done. Even I didn't know I was going to miss the competition, but even so I feel I should talk to her. Turning to Auntie Fluttershy I tell her that I’ll go talk to Annie and Rain began to lead me up the stairs. Knocking on the door I ask, “Annie, you in there?" Silence filled the hallway with no response. Hearing the sounds of Discord giggling and the hushing of Auntie Fluttershy's words, I continue to talk to Annie. "Are you okay Annie? Let's talk about this. I really don't mind missing the competition! I don't really care about it anyway! I only decided to join because you said I should."

Suddenly feeling Auntie Fluttershy tug at me I explain I have to talk to Annie now so she won't be sad. "I understand Prism, but you were actually talking to the bathroom door... Not Annie's door..." Auntie Fluttershy explained. Suddenly feeling heat go to my face I cover my eyes.

"I heard what you said..." Annie stated. "Am I being too controlling? Am I actually just controlling all that you had done lately just because of what I say? And now I took away exactly what I had told you to do, like a child that couldn't decide whether or not she wanted something to happen or not..." I explain to her that she had spoken nonsense, I did what I did because I wanted to do it to take her on a wonderful date, and suddenly she responded ,"So now you are just doing everything you do because of me..." Ugh this is why I didn't want her finding out. I just know this drama could have been prevented. I explain to her that I am not doing this merely because of her, but because I want her to be happy. After all, ever since we became a couple, her happiness became my happiness. Isn't that what every pony strives for when they find that very special somepony? Sure enough I was going to join the competition, because she suggested it, but it was also for me, but I was willing to give her anything, and giving her my eyesight for a week is nothing. I will get my eyes after a week, and quite frankly the young flyer's competition comes by every year, soon i'll have to compete in the flyer's competition. I have currently no life plan's that that do not involve her. I have no idea what I want to do for an occupation, I just want what I think will make us both happy, not just her. I may be devoting myself to her, but I am also devoting myself to so much more. If I can't get a job that pays enough bits, how would I support... well... children someday without a proper job, and that if I don't explore different things I may not find that job I truly will enjoy? Annie opened the door," You were thinking about children already?"

Discord's voice could suddenly be heard, “OH YES! THIS IS EXACTLY THE ENTERTAINMENT I HAVE MISSED! This is just like a chick flick. Oh my, my, my I have stepped into a gold mine!" Suddenly I heard Discord's voice being muffled. Turning to Annie I state that I had indeed been thinking that far ahead.

"I want more for us than what we have now. Children can wait, but it ... May... Happen eventually. I didn't want to talk to you about all that I had been feeling, because it was embarrassing... But I guess in a real relationship you have to be able to talk about your special somepony about anything no matter how embarrassing it is... But I was just scared that I would scare you off talking about children since we only just really started dating... I didn't want you to think that I was some psycho..." I explain to Annie. Suddenly I hear the door opening.

"You won't... Hate me at all for missing the competition?" Annie asks.

To which I reply in confidence," why in the world would I hate her over something so small." From listening to Discord she should already know... I tell her, “There is nothing I wouldn't do for you. In this lifetime, the next, and for anything that would allow us to live together. If we were to reincarnate, I would find you and love you, I could be the smallest of critters, and you could be the biggest of dragons, and I would still love you. There is nothing in this world I wouldn't do for you." I push the door open and hug Annie, kissing her I feel her flinch away.

"That's my eye Prism..." Annie explains, giggling and kissing me.

Suddenly Discord appeared behind us and whispered in my ear,"See? I told you sacrifice makes love grow stronger!" Rolling my eyes at Discord I shake my head. I'm sure things would have been fine regardless of whether I chose to sacrifice something or not. I do feel Annie and I have grown closer though, with that in my head I thank Discord, and lead Annie out of the house to see town.

"Prism!" Annie yells catching my attention, despite me being right beside her. I feel a kiss on my cheek and she tells me, “There is nothing in this world I wouldn't do for you either." I smile, and walk her down the road to town.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alternate Ending:

Suddenly I feel Annie's embrace leaving mine, stomping of the stairs, and the slam of a door. Annie must have just realized what I had truly done. Even I didn't know I was going to miss the competition, but even so I feel I should talk to her. Turning to Auntie Fluttershy I tell her that I’ll go talk to Annie and Rain began to lead me up the stairs. Knocking on the door I ask, “Annie, you in there?" Silence filled the hallway with no response. Hearing the sounds of Discord giggling and the hushing of Auntie Fluttershy's words, I continue to talk to Annie. "Doooooooo you wanna build a snowcolt?" I suddenly hear the opening of the door, the sounds of steps advancing towards me, and a smack at the back of my head.

Author's Note:

Due to the motivation of getting multiple likes in a row I was able to make this chapter! Honestly this has gotten a little tough. Having never been in a relationship myself I resort to my inner feelings. Whoo. Sorry for any grammatical errors I may have missed. I think I might make these alternate endings a thing.