• Published 31st Jan 2015
  • 1,163 Views, 18 Comments

Love Is Blind: A Story of PrismXAnnie - Shattered Heart



A romance story based off the fictional characters fictional character Prism Bolt, the son of Rainbow Dash & Soarin, and Anthea (A.K.A. Annie) The adoptive daughter of Fluttershy!

  • ...
12
 18
 1,163

Chapter 1: Rainbows.. The Reason I love them is...

~The Present~

I like my mane, I really do. It's a weird subject to start off a new.... well "chapter" as Annie had said I should do. I think episodes, or movies are better but Annie insists on calling it chapters for some reason... Well anyway when I was younger I wasn't too crazy about my mane. Ponies would call it a girls color, or say that I was gay. I have nothing against gay ponies, do whatever makes you happy, but I just... didn't like the bullying. My mom had never exactly "Helped" or made me feel better, actually she did the opposite. She would shout at me that I am the stallion of the world famous Rainbow Dash & Soarin. The "Best" Wonderbolts there are. She would tell me to stop being a wimp and to keep my head up. Now that I think of it maybe she was at least TRYING to make me feel better. As I grew older I began to actually love the mane I have, to me it's unique! It stands out! The way I was born to be! To stand out and be awesome! But honestly I never knew how much I loved my mane, until she showed me just how much more to it there is to love. Just by the fact that she loved it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~The Past~

"ngghhh...." I... I can't see anything.... What's going on? My neck... I don't think I can move it?! My mouth... what? Nothing is working! What's going on!?!? Wait... I hear somepony's voice... It's... Auntie Fluttershy?

"What happened to him? Is he okay? You're soaking wet! Where were you? Why are you so wet?" Sounds to me that Auntie Fluttershy is talking to someone. Auntie Fluttershy is a mare that is... well actually pretty for her age. She is very sweet and kind, she has a unique ability to talk to animals. I used to call her Aunt or just Fluttershy, but my mother had beaten some manners into me and makes me call her "Auntie Fluttershy" because I need to show respect for her. My mom owed her big time for some reason, It's because of her she met our pet turtle Tank.

I suddenly hear Annie's voice... "Mom please don't ask so many questions at once, I know i'm wet but it's because Prism tricked me into thinking I was at a watering hole, I didn't know I was outside our cottage."

That must have been confusing for Auntie Fluttershy because I she asked Annie," I thought you said you found Prism unconscious?" Is that what happened? If I recall correctly I was talking to Annie and ... and... Y’know I don't even remember...

"hahaha, noooooo, nonononono I mean Yes! I found him NEAR a watering hole," Annie explained... Did I even explain that hole to her? I forget.

"You mean the river outside our house?" Auntie Fluttershy asked.

"No, I actually don't know where the hole came from," Annie stated confused,"I'm going to put him onto the couch." Auntie Fluttershy helped her... man do I wish I could see myself right now, being touched by two pretty mares. Hehehe I can just imagine them now... Suddenly I feel the comforting feeling of a couch on my back. I try to move again, but I can't really move. I think maybe i'm in some sort of dream... no it feels too real. I don't know the word for it but I’m basically awake yet asleep at the same time. But I feel my mouth being able to move, but before I can speak I hear Auntie Fluttershy & Annie talking.

Annie had finally started answering Auntie Fluttershy's questions. "Prism was out in the rain for 3 days apparently. From what he told me, I think he hasn't eaten. I don't know why he was in the rain though. As for why he is unconscious... I guess.... he fainted from hunger?" Auntie Fluttershy must have been shocked because I could hear her running and heard the sound of pots and pans being flung around. The loud noise woke me up.

"ARGH!" I was caught off guard... like seriously off guard. Annie was staring at me, her face was distant but close enough to startle me. "What are you doing?! Ahhhh I got such a headache!"

Annie just giggled and greeted me, "Good morning... night... well its night time, but good morning sleeping beauty~" Annie had always been playful, but something about being called a princess kinda annoyed me. I felt like I was being compared to another mare, my friend Starburst. I'll tell you more about her later. Annie continued to talk, "Yeaaaahhhh, sooo, about your head... you kinda fainted... but don't worry I already applied first aid." I rub my head and feel band aids in my mane...

"yeaaaah I can see that... maybe Auntie Fluttershy should have handled that," I suggest.
Annie showed me some sort of pouting face and hit me in my shoulder. "Well excuuuuuse me. Wait a minute! Why were you in the rain anyway?" I know Annie didn't mean anything by it but I suddenly remembered the fight I went through. I just remembered it so clearly that it was almost as if I had relived the whole moment. I became irritated and rotated facing the back of the couch. Annie must have been irritated... or maybe not... her tone of voice was playful yet irritated at the same time, "HEY! Don't think I can't tell you turned away from me! That's rude! Hey! You listening?"

Annoyed I buried my head between the couch back and seat pillows drowning out Annie's voice. Suddenly I smelt something nice and warm. The food smelt delicious. I was ABOUT to turn around and look at what the smell was but suddenly I was struggling to move inside the couch, "mmmph! Wha-" I struggle enough and finally peer my head into a comfortable position. Annie was laying on me in an odd position. "...Annie... you're hea-"

Annie covered my mouth and looked at me with a dangerous facial expression, “If you say heavy i'll end you now." The threat wasn't what was scary, but the fact she said that with a smile kind of spooked me...

"You need to get off me... ow! ow ow ow! No seriously you need to get off! My hoof!" My hooves were wrapped in bandages. I can't believe I hadn't noticed, it kind of hurt to move them.

"Anthea! Get off him, you should know better than to lay on an injured pony." Annie had finally gotten off me, relieved I sit into a more comfortable position. “Here you go Prism. You must be hungry. You're all skin & bones," Auntie Fluttershy put a plate in front of me. I don't know what made it so alluring but something about the heat, the smell, everything about it was just awesome. Maybe it's because I haven't eaten in a while. I sit and stare at the soup waiting for it to cool.

Something about this was making me hungrier, feeling like I was going to be slapped I realized I had forgotten something important," Thank you very much Auntie Fluttershy." Normally I wouldn't be so formal, but my respect towards her never wavers.

Suddenly a spoon was in my face, Annie was levitating the spoon in front of me, "Say ahhhhhhhhh" Embarrassed I turned to Auntie Fluttershy but she only giggled and left the room. Feeling a little uncomfortable I begin thinking to myself. Sometimes when I think to myself I end up thinking about the things that bother me most at the time rather than other things... and right now I am being bothered by the fact that I was being mean to my friend who was only trying to help.

"I'm sorry Annie. For ignoring your question. But could you please just respect my privacy and not ask me about it?"

Annie put the spoon down and began to mix it into the bowl, she just stared at the bowl for a minute, sighed and finally spoke, "Nope ~" she sang levitating the spoon towards me... only this time it kept getting closer and closer.

"Uhmmm Annie that looks a little hot. Steam is still rising from it," I state as I stare at the spoon

I try to alarm Annie about the spoon, but she just smiled at me still," uhhh huuh? Weeelll I can't really tell. I don't really feel like making sure if it's hot or not. Maybe if I heard a certain story about a certain stallion who was sitting in the rain I’d be more careful~"

I open my mouth only to argue back but the spoon had flown into my nose. I sneeze and wipe my nose on my foreleg, "ARGH! JEEZ! Didn't your mother teach you about KINDNESS?! You shou-" before I could even finish my sentence there was not one spoon but two spoons levitating towards me. "Annie you wouldn't... would you?" I ask feeling a cold chill down my side. Obviously a bad sign.

"I dunno? Would I? I can't see your mouth unless you keep it open~ But I also can't tell the temperature of the soup because I don't feel like being careful. No but really I can't see the color of your mouth when it's closed," Suddenly three more spoons show up and I already feel a future vision or something of what is going to happen to me if I don't talk...

"Alright. You win." I finally yield. Annie who was doing some sort of victory pose, while I wipe the single tear from my eye, feeling pathetic to be defeated in such a way. Some part of me actually felt happy that she was going to such lengths to make me feel better, but still I didn't want to tell her, but unless I want some burns I’m gonna have to tell her. I began to explain the situation to Annie," My mom kicked me out of the house because I don't have any plans for the future. I admit that at my age I should have some dreams, but all I can really imagine myself doing is having fun. I just don't know of anything that I would want to do, but to have fun."

I could tell that Annie was really listening, she looked at me intently as I talked, but after I finished explaining she stayed silent, raised the spoon blew onto it then raised the spoon to me," You should eat." Honestly I was confused, I was expecting her to lecture me, maybe get mad at me, but she was calm and kind. One problem however... It's embarrassing that she is feeding me. I admit that I can't pick up the spoon but It would probably be too cool for me if I waited to drink out of the bowl. Before I can finish thinking she shoved the spoon into my mouth "Here~" she sang as I nearly choked on the soup.

"Aren't you going to lecture me or something? Like tell me to go apologize to my mom?" I ask her.

She simply smiles again and replies, "If I told you to go apologize would you? Just because I told you to? Even If I did it wouldn't matter if you apologized if you didn't mean it." Something about Annie was making me feel better... maybe I’m just relieved that she didn't lecture me. THAT would have been annoying. She held spoon to me blowing at it, her lips are so pret- WOAH! Wait! What am I thinking about?!

I shake my head, which must have confused Annie because she asked," What's wrong? Don't like the soup?" She drank from the spoon that she was feeding me with, I’m glad she couldn't see me right now because my face must be bright red, I can feel the heat going to my face... Aw man... am I a bad guy for being glad she can't see? She smiled at me and simply said," Delicious~" a shiver was sent down my spine and I felt my face become more heated.

"N...No the soup is great. I think maybe I should get some sleep." I get ready to turn around, but am interrupted by Annie.

I looked at her and Annie obviously wasn't too happy at the thought," No you should eat! You must be starving." Annie spent the next half an hour feeding me and sometimes feeding herself... with the same spoon... I just don't understand mares. I lay back onto the couch and say my goodnight to Annie, and ask her to send another goodnight to Auntie Fluttershy if she were still awake. I lay feel the comfort kicking in and I begin to become more tired, I suddenly felt some weight on my body, when I open my eyes I see nothing, just a dim light in the darkness... There's a blanket on my head. As I take it off I see Annie who obviously was the one who dropped it onto me.

"Thanks Annie" Annie waved and began to head up the stairs but I called out to her ,"Annie! Really. Thanks for putting me up. I owe you and Auntie Fluttershy big time. Or i'd probably still be out in the rain..." Annie smiled at me, but I was too embarrassed to look at her so I laid down into the couch facing the back of the couch.

It was annoying. The moment I laid down I began to hear some noise *eeer...eeeeer.....eeeeeerrrr* I twist and turn trying to be as patient as possible since that i'm in some other pony's house.*eeer...eeeeer.....eeeeeerrrr* I finally lose my patience I open my eyes and turn around and there was another couch facing me. The couch I was laying on was suddenly connected to another couch. Annie must have moved it so I would have more room. Suddenly I feel a pain in my chest, "ughhhh" I'm really... really glad I was brought here... I lay back down and begin to sleep *thud* what was that? I open my eyes again a little irritated and who do I see. I see Annie lying beside me...

"What are you doing?!" I whisper loudly at Annie, not wanting to wake up Auntie Fluttershy. If she saw us I don't think she would kick me out... but it wouldn't be good being seen like this.

"No need to worry! I'm just here to make sure my patient is comfortable and relaxed~ & besides it's kind of like a slumber party like this~" I scold her to go to her own room, but the moment I touch her my hoof began to hurt. I have no say in the matter, "What if your mom sees us like this?" I whisper to her

Annie simply whispered back, "If there's nothing to hide than there's nothing to be afraid of... or were you planning to do something to me?" She talked almost as if it were an everyday thing. Her smile now makes me feel uneasy, I strongly state that I have no intention of doing anything to her, and Annie's reply was a simple, "Good~ Then we have nothing to worry about."

I shut my eyes and turn around so that Annie's face is no longer in mine ,"Do whatever you want" I state closing my eyes getting ready to sleep... *haaaaa.... suuuuu....aaaaahh* The sound of Annie breathing isn't particularly loud but it is making me uncomfortable... I can smell the mint from her tooth paste... I can't sleep. I lift my head to look at a clock and hours have passed if it weren't raining i'd think the sun would be rising in an hour or so. It's still raining and Annie is clinging onto my wings. I know she is sleeping but... i'm just so uncomfortable. Slowly I begin to get up so that I don't wake up Annie, I set her down gently... *krk* I mentally yelp inside my head I don't know what is wrong with my hoof but I can hear it cracking when I shake it, I can't put weight on it at all... this could get annoying. I set Annie down onto the couch... her... her sleeping face is so cute... argh no. I can't get distracted like this.

Slowly I get off the couch and head towards the door. Suddenly the light turns on. I turn back to look at the lamp, my eyes blinded and I close my eyes, opening them slightly to let my eyes adjust, "And where are you going?" My eyes finally adjust and the only pony to be seen is Annie who's head was sitting onto the back of the couch... staring at me.

"How did you know where I was?" I ask her standing in front of the door in confusion. "Helloooo I may be blind, but that doesn't mean I can't see."

Annie's reply kind of made me feel stupid. As a friend I should have remembered this ,"Remember? I can see color! duuuuuhhhh with your mane color I can see you pretty decently in the dark. So care to explain why you're leaving?"

I think to myself then look at the door. “I wasn’t going anywhere. I was just going... to look at the rain." Annie stared at me for the longest time and I stared back. I turn towards the door and begin to walk slowly, trying not to hurt my hoof.

*clip clop*

I turn around after hearing the sound of walking "I'll come with you Prism~” Annie appeared right beside me grabbing onto my fore hoof... I can only imagine she is preventing me from flying away just in case, but I say nothing. I walk out the door and sit and stare up at the rain, listening to the rain as it hits the patio roof.

I suddenly feel a tugging at my wing and I look to it, "A-Annie?! What are you doing?" I ask my face heating up.

Annie had crawled underneath my wing, using it as a blanket I guess. "Come on Prism, you're going to leave a mare out in the cold with nothing to keep here warm? No wonder you don't have a girlfriend~ you need to be more of a gentlecolt." Annoyed at what she said I sigh, winning an argument with my mom that was an achievement. Winning an argument with Annie? Not possible.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. What kind of loser would want to date me right? I can only imagine the brain dead mare." I smile and laugh to brush off her joke. She must have been annoyed that her joke didn't bother me because she pouted at me. I look up at the rain and begin to hum, something about the rain always makes me think of a certain song. Time had passed and Annie was sleeping... and leaning against me so I feel a little less self-conscious on what I’m about to do. I began to sing. My mom always thought it was weird that there were ponies in Ponyville that randomly burst into song. I actually liked it but... I guess I just wanted to be like my mom. I wanted to be as awesome as I Want to Be. Before I know it i'm at the end of the song. I sigh smiling at the rain.

"You sounded great," shocked I look down. Annie wasn't asleep... she was just smiling with her eyes closed. I wanted to push her head off my shoulder but she kept rolling her head back onto it.

"Never. Ever. Tell Anypony," I didn't mean to make it sound like a threat but I did not need any reason for people to tease me. I had never sang in front of anypony before.

"Are you in any position to make demands?" Annie asks triumphantly.

I sigh in despair. I really screwed up letting my guard down around Annie. "You really know how to make a dude forget about his worries." I spoke honestly, she really did make me feel better, a whole lot better than I thought I would have been when I left home.

Annie opened an eye and looked at me, "I do my best~" she sings, "Oh yeaaaah. You said you owe me one.~" Nervousness filling my body *gulp* I'm a Stallion of my word I will never break a promise. I explain to Annie that if there is something that I am always true to, it's a promise and that I would never break a promise. "Say it." Annie commands. I look at her in confusion but she repeats herself, "Say it~ You know what I want to hear. That saying that Auntie Pinkie Pie says all the time."

Oh no... I know what she means now... "I-I dunno what you're talking about" I lie... pretty badly at that...

"Let's see did I don't recall promising to not to spread word about your singing~ perhaps if I heard a certain phrase about keeping a promise I could repeat it." A heavy weight fills my gut.

She has me. This is why I can't beat her I take a sigh and finally give in, "Cross my heart and hope to fly... Or stick a cupcake in my eye... I Pinkie Promise." My face must be red again because I can feel heat coming from my face. Annie repeats the phrase after me and I finally ask, "What was it you wanted from me? I don't have any bits."

Annie closing her eyes again leans her head on my shoulder and says, "Be my cuddle buddy for the cuddle season~" I had never heard of such a selfish and unreasonable request... well... demand...

Shocked my jaw nearly dropped, "whoa, whoa, whoa! For the whole season?! Winter only just started!" I attempted to argue with her... but like I have said many times before... I could never win an argument against Annie.

Annie simply states," You Pinkie Promised~ you better obey or I'll tell Auntie Pinkie Pie on you." I suddenly have a flashback of one time when I was a little colt and lied to Auntie Pinkie Pie... She was really scary when I lied to her. ESPECIALLY when I made a Pinkie Promise that I wasn't lying.

"I can never win against you..." I complain to her resting my head atop of her. When I really think about it cuddling can be totally platonic, it doesn't have to mean anything. Suddenly I feel more comfortable.

"Boop" suddenly I feel a jab in my belly, I flinch but Annie rests her head on my shoulder again. I really can't let my guard down around her. "You're really warm~" Annie tells me as she pulls my wing over her. I feel like I’m some sort of heating pad or blanket...

"Why is it that you're so kind to me, Hahaha and so fun to be around? You made me feel better than I thought I would feel in a long time." I rest my head atop of hers again, complying with my debt as her Cuddle Buddy.

Annie's horn nearly poked me in the eye as she looked up,"Maybe it's because I love you~" I roll my eyes, which she obviously can't see. She is always saying such misleading things, though that's another fun thing about Annie.

"Love you too Annie," Annie rubbed her head against my neck, I thought I saw her frown... but she is smiling so happily right now... maybe it was just my imagination. Something off in the distance caught my attention.

Catching my eye a flash of sunlight peered through the clouds, the sun was rising and the rain suddenly started to disappear. Pegasi weather teams really have a tough job having to wake up early to change the weather. Annie and I looked into the sunrise I lift my head," Hey Annie look! A rainbow! A natural rainbow! Isn't it pretty? C'mon you can see color right?" I really liked rainbows, when I was a colt like I said earlier I didn't like them, but I am really proud of rainbows. I smile at the sky. The clear beautiful sky, a rainbow in the sky, and the sun rising, it's just so beautiful. I'd say its coolness is about 120% cool naturally.

"Yeah... I really love Rainbows..." Annie states, I see her horn pointing towards to me though, "C'mon Annie you got to look if you love it! It's right over there!" I point at the rainbow, smiling a smile I haven't made in a while. "I'm looking at a pretty wonderful rainbow already, and I think it's better than any other rainbow I could ever see" Annie explained to me, I look at her and she was just staring at me. *bmp, bmp... bmp, bmp... bmp bmp* the sound of my heart became very loud to me. I wonder why... Annie was... staring at me... "A really great Rainbow..." she said.

*bmp, bmp... bmp, bmp.............. Bmp bmp* Holding my chest and examine it thinking to myself "That's weird... that was a weird heart beat pattern... wait... was that? Did... I think my heart skipped a beat." I look back at Annie, her face looked... weird... almost at peace... My face is heating up again. "I... ugh... love... I think I love Rainbows a bit more now..." I state smiling at my mane then back at Annie.

"Why is that?" Annie asked with a confused face... These words I dare not say... but if I had the courage to right now I would have told her the reason I began to love Rainbows more... "Because you love them too" I think to myself...

Author's Note:

The song Prism humms and sings is Hold my hand by Michael Jackson. However he sings a faster version by Jrice. This is just a song that reminds me of rain so I thought that i'd just use this song since I couldn't think of any other song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgKsRyTgeiY

I figured since the last chapter didn't have any romance in it I thought i'd try to do it in this chapter. I think I did it pretty well. Hope you all enjoyed!