• Published 31st Jan 2015
  • 1,172 Views, 18 Comments

Love Is Blind: A Story of PrismXAnnie - Shattered Heart



A romance story based off the fictional characters fictional character Prism Bolt, the son of Rainbow Dash & Soarin, and Anthea (A.K.A. Annie) The adoptive daughter of Fluttershy!

  • ...
12
 18
 1,172

Chapter 2: Secrets... What am I hiding?

~The Present~

When you're in a relationship, or marriage, or just in general any type of special relationship, there should be no secrets between you and that other person. However, there may be an exception or two. For example, when I first started living with Annie I actually had a few secrets of my own. I had secrets about myself that I didn't even know. Once I had found out those secrets, I was embarrassed & tried to hide it. I ignored it but wound up being more confused and troubled. Annie however was able to see through my lies, and that's when I realized I would never lie to her again... however, maybe time to time i'd stretch the truth... Just for y'know... those days where I feel like a prank is needed... Anyhow I’m getting off subject.

"I want to narrate too! I wanna tell them what happened in our past too~" Annie complained. "It's not fair that you get to tell them, but I don't get to say anything!"

"How about later? Okay? It's really important that I tell them about what happened don't you think?" I explain to Annie, trying to have her see from my point of view. "Besides, my storytelling skills are just awesome!" I smile at her, Annie began to pout so I kissed her cheek. "I pinkie promise that you'll get your chance to tell part of the story." Annie began to smile so I positioned myself for yet another "Chapter" as Annie has forced me to say. So let us get started on the next comic chapter... wait what? This is supposed to be like a real book? As in no pictures? Uggghhhh there is only one book that I truly love and that's a secre-... I mean you'll find out what book it was...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~The Past~

"I'm looking at a pretty wonderful rainbow already, and I think it's better than any other rainbow I could ever see," I can't count how many times I have replayed her words in my head. Ugh I’m tired. I am just so tired. I'm really glad that I saw that beautiful rainbow with Annie, but I didn't get to sleep at all. She not only kept me up pretending to sleep, but her saying that really bothers me. Ow... This feeling in my chest is painful. Maybe I should go see a doctor.

"Prism. Breakfast is ready," I turn around and Auntie Fluttershy was waving at me so I walked into the kitchen. Auntie Fluttershy's cottage really looked...girly. I could practically feel the cooties that filled the air. I look around as I walk into the kitchen taking my seat... salad... Well I suppose with a house that is critter infested it's only natural she adopted such a diet... I look over at Annie who was already eating then back at my bowl. I smile to be nice and begin to eat... It's not exactly the toughest meal for a guy, but I’ve had worse... my mother wasn't a really good cook. So Auntie Fluttershy's food may as well have been 5 star cuisine. I feel a sudden chill, I look at Annie but she is focused on eating. I look at Auntie Fluttershy who is looking down at her food, then back at me constantly while she eats.

"Your food tastes really great Auntie Fluttershy," I smile at her. She smiled back, but continued her repetitive glances... "Is there something wrong?" Suddenly time got slower as I thought to myself... Maybe she saw me and Annie sleeping together? Or maybe she saw us out on the porch. Oh jeez what if she heard me sing... What could it be?! My heart began to race, I began to sweat, and felt myself begin to shiver. Annie now having her attention towards me looked at me and Auntie Fluttershy with an interested face... as if she were expecting something.

"Well... I don't mean to pry or anything... But why were you in the rain for so long? It was storming... You could have been struck by lightning or worse!" Auntie Fluttershy's questions confused me. I took a look at Annie... "She didn't say anything" I think to myself. Wait... but that also means that mom didn't say anything. Mom probably didn't even bother looking for me. If she would have told anyone it would have been Auntie Pinkie Pie or Auntie Fluttershy first... or maybe even Aunt Scootaloo, but she hasn't told anyone by the sound of it... She really does not care. Just like she said. I must have looked really sad or something because Auntie Fluttershy began to look worried. "Oh my! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to make you sad or uncomfortable! Is there anything I can do for you?"

"Its fine," I reply, "So... you haven't heard anything? About why I was in the rain?" Auntie Fluttershy had told me that she had heard nothing regarding the subject. Only that I crash landed into her front yard, and had been there for 3 days. Mom must really not care. I finish my bowl and bring the dishes to the sink, but a couple of critters had taken them from me and began to wash the dishes. I was actually impressed by how well they were doing too. A couple of squirrels cleaning dishes... that's not something you see every day. I sit back down on the table and decide to answer Auntie Fluttershy's questions, I would feel bad to hide the facts away from someone who fed and took care of me in my time of need. "I got into a fight with my mom. She said that my life was going nowhere and that she was tired of having a son that was too lazy to even think of his future." I was paraphrasing, but honestly I was beginning to forget the ordeal and the sooner I forget it the better. Annie had already heard it but she was listening carefully from what I can tell. Probably making sure I wasn't lying. "She even said something as rude as that she wanted me to get back together with Whirlwind... because I was more 'Focused' when she was around."

Suddenly I’m sprayed with orange juice... "Anthea! What a horrible thing to do!" Auntie Fluttershy walked beside me and began to wipe my face down with a washcloth. I look at Anthea in disgust at what she had done, but she was the one frowning. She had put her dishes into the sink and walked up to her room. Why is she mad?! I'm the one who was sprayed with Orange Juice! I took the washcloth and began to wipe my torso down. "Ohhhh. They put sugar in this orange juice you may be a little sticky. Feel free to use our bath."

I thank her and walk up the stairs. Walking into the bathroom I see that the bathtub had already been prepared filled with bubbles even... I guess that's Annie's way of apologizing for the event. Looking through the bubble I feel around to make sure there is nothing in there. I've always been wary of bathtubs ever since I ran into Gummy in Auntie Pinkie Pie's bath when I was a young colt. I lay into the tub allowing the warm water and bubbles to cover me. Suddenly I hear the door open... "Whoa! Annie what are you doing?!" I began to cover myself, but Annie stared at me in confusion. As if I was doing something stupid... but then I realize something... I'm covering myself yet everypony naturally walks around nude. "What are you doing? Can't you see that I’m taking a bath? What if your mother saw us?"

Annie totally ignored my questions, she looked embarrassed... well she was probably embarrassed since I was in the tub... But if that was the case why was she in here in the first place? She finally spoke and asked, "Why didn't you tell me about Whirlwind?" I was confused. Annie knew for sure that we had broken up. I had gone to her when I was feeling lonely once. I asked what she was talking about, but her next question confused me. It seems that all I ever do these days is get hurt or get confused. "Are you going to get back together with Whirlwind?"

The faster I answer Annie's questions the faster she will leave and I can continue my bath. I think to myself. I began to sigh and explain to Annie that there was no way I would be with Whirlwind again, she dumped me after all. There is no way that she would take me back. When I finished explaining to her that I would never ask out Whirlwind again I think I saw her grin, but then again why would she? I had asked her why she was asking me this in the first place but she ignored my question yet again and began to walk out the door,"...stupid..." I hear her say before leaving the bathroom. Annoyed that I was called stupid for no reason I get out of the tub, the water had gone cool anyway.

Walking out of the room I walk down the stairs and see Annie sitting on the couch, "Mom is out doing some errands, let’s go out!" She commanded happily. Having nothing else to do I follow Annie out the house and into town. I really could use the company of some more friends. I walk around town and who would be the first person I run into... One of the ponies I consider a friend that I would rather not hang out with... Epic Parody. Epic Parody is the son of the super party pony Cheese Sandwich... Parody is kind of a nice guy and all, buuuuuut I’d rather not hang around him. He always makes gay jokes about my mane. The only time when he is really fun is when he is singing some parody song of his or helping Candy and I with pranks. I do my best to tolerate him but... it's tough. He has suuuuch an ego.

"Hey there Prism~" Parody waves. I pick Annie up off the ground and attempt to fly away but Parody had gotten a hold of my tail and frankly Annie was scared of the sudden flight I was about to perform, she had nearly put me through a choke hold bringing me down. "Whoa there buddy! That's so mean! Couldn't you at least chat with me a bit before you decide to just ditch me?" Annie began to giggle as I put her down and Parody stated all knowingly,"Awwwwhhhh I get it! You're on a date huh lover boy? And here I thought you were playing for the other team." He suddenly prances off, I’d chase him for such an annoying remark, but I got what I wanted. I got away from him. Why would I chase him? I look at Annie and her smile seemed to widen more. She must have been just as happy that Parody left, as I did. After all he would make blind jokes now and then to her. I know he only jokes around, but at some point he just takes the jokes too far. Annie and I decide to begin taking our walk again... hopefully this time we will run into someone... less annoying.

Walking around town I have yet to see any of my friends, "Argh! Where is everypony? Where are our friends?!" I yell to the sky in annoyance.

Annie just stared at me then stated, "Oh yeah. You were gone for 3 days technically. Wellll Claire & T went to go visit Nidra & Illusion & Del & Starburst are probably working at the farm." So that means that everypony is basically busy... Wait! What about Candy? Yeah! Candy is tons of fun! I doubt she would be busy at a time like this! Candy is the 1st daughter of Auntie Pinkie Pie! She is also my Best Prank Buddy! She is nice and is pretty ho-... wholesome... Yeah wholesome...

"Hey Annie! Let's go see if Candy can hang out with us," I suggest to her with glee. Annie must not have liked the idea, because she started to frown... "Did you two get into a fight?" Annie denied that they were fighting and snuffed at me. "Hey Annie WAIT!" *SCREEEECH* Grabbing Annie with my wing I pull her in. "You almost got flattened by that pony! HEY WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING YOU JERK!" I let go of Annie and look at her, "Jeez some ponies are just in a hurry to go nowhere." As I begin to walk I feel my wing being tugged. Annie had yet again got a hold of my wing but laid it atop of her.

"I think you should keep it wrapped around me just in case it happens again," Annie suggested. Ugh. I feel that pain in my chest again. Honestly I doubt Annie would go through that traffic trouble again. Not many ponies run around in ponyville, and Annie was only caught off guard because she was distracted by Celestia knows what. We wind up at Sugar Cube Corner and enter. "Hi Candy~ you look lovely today," Annie stated waving at Annie.

"Oh hey Annie~ Hi Prism..." Candy smiled at us with a face that looked as though it was made to annoy me. "Ooohhhh on a hot date I see <3" Candy had pointed at us and I looked at Annie.... My wing was still wrapped around her. Correcting the problem I lift my wing off her. Annie began to pout... probably going alone with the joke. I looked back at Candy, and she suddenly got a huge smile then winked at me, "Go get a table! I'll get you two something~ on the house!" Before I could say anything she went into the kitchen. I turned around to apologize to Annie, but she had already sat at a table. We've been coming here since we were young so I’d imagine Annie didn't really need sight to know where to go. I rub my head, not that I have a headache, but I just felt like it was appropriate. I sat across from Annie who was just smiling at me. Before I could stir up a conversation a loud *THUD* hit the table. "Here you two lovebirds go~" Candy had announced, leaving a parfait the size of my head in front of me, I looked to see what Annie got, but there was nothing there. I open my mouth to speak, but Candy grabbed my shoulder and showed a disappointing face," Tsk, tsk, tsk. You don't get it do you? You gotta eat it together~" Candy proclaimed sticking a spoon onto the top of the parfait.

An hour passed before we finally finished the parfait. Looking at Annie's face while she ate was strangely satisfying. She was just really cute. I grab a napkin and begin to wipe Annie's face, "There... we...go~ All nice and clean~"

Annie smiled at me and stated, "You got some on your face as well you know. I can see a little white on your face." I rub the napkin on my face, but Annie had stated, "Noooo it's right over... here~" My mind had gone blank for a moment. When I next saw Annie's face it was bright red, "There~ all clean..." It was almost I wasn't even awake for that short second. I don't even remember what happened, but Annie had gotten off the table, "I'll be right back, I’m going to the little filly's room."

As Annie left Candy came up to me nudging me, "Ohhh! You two are SO cute together! I didn't want to say anything before, but... I ship it!" Confused on what shipping is I decided not to ask.

"We aren't 'together' we just wanted to come to see you to see if you were able to hang." I explained to her," That wing thing was just to prevent Annie from being ran over by another rushing pony."

Candy looked at me as if I were stupid that really, REALLY bugs me, "Dude. Why would she kiss your cheek then?" I stared at Candy in confusion, suddenly time began to slow again, my heart started to beat louder, and my face began to heat... What did she just say? I told Candy that we haven't done anything like that but she replied, "Whaaaat? You liar! Are you trying to keep it secret? I saw Annie just kiss you before she went into the bathroom." I explained to Candy that she probably just saw Annie cleaning the ice cream that was on my face. "Uhhhh hello. Prism you didn't have any ice cream on your face. I was watching the whole time, here, this is a picture I took," Candy had revealed to me an instant photo that clearly showed Annie kissing my cheek... multiple photos actually. She had used all the photos she took to make a flip book showing that I had nothing on my face. I tried to explain Annie was probably just teasing me and yet again she found a new way to change my point of view, "You are so dense! Annie winked at me, that's why I winked to you! Face it. You're the chick getting picked up in this relationship." I put my hooves on my head staring down at the table. I asked myself what this could possibly mean. What I didn't know was that I said it out loud and Candy replied, "She likes you! Date her! Get married! Have Kids!" I covered Candy's mouth because I couldn't handle her words. I was.... overheating. I was beginning to sweat. I held my chest, i'm having the pain again. Wait... this feeling is familiar... Candy had looked at me worriedly," Are you okay? “I asked Candy what I should do and what she would have done and all she said was, “Just tell her how you feel. Don't keep it a secret."

"Ready to go?" I look up and see Annie. I freak out and yell, which must have scared Annie because she jumped. "What's wrong?!" My heart began to race more and more. I looked at Candy then back to Annie.

"Yeah... sure let's go..." Annie and I had said our goodbyes to Candy. I thought I’d be less stressed out seeing Candy, but it's gotten worse... No better... No wait? Why would it be better? Why would it be worse? What is going on? Suddenly I feel a tug on my wing, a familiar feeling I know too well now. I look down and Annie's body is pressed against mine, Annie being under my wing caught me off guard "WAH!" I didn't mean to yell, but I’m just so confused on what to do. Candy said to tell her how I feel... but how do I feel?! My chest hurts just thinking about it...

"Prism can we stop by the bookstore?" My mind forgetting my worries for a moment I question myself 'a bookstore?' "I want to grab a new Romance Novel, it's the final book of its series. I specifically ordered one written in braille." Braille! Of course! Why didn't I think of that...? Braille huh? I walk Annie to the bookstore and grab her book for her. While she wasn't looking I picked up a book that caught my eye along with a flyer in the Braille section. I decided. I'm going to tell Annie exactly how I feel using this book. "Two books? Are you getting a book... and a flyer? Since when can you read?" Annie had asked in confusion.

I simply smile at her and state," It's a secret." I walk Annie home and take a seat onto the couch. Borrowing a quill and paper I begin to write, using the book I bought as material. I spent a couple hours writing, borrowing a lot of paper... and ink... I was never one for writing, but if I’m going to tell Annie my response to her feelings I have to really try, using this book. I slipped up and Auntie Fluttershy saw my book... but she didn't know what I was using the book for. All she knew was it was for Annie. Annie couldn't tell what the book was, I wouldn't let her touch it. Hours pass and the sun began to set. Finally I had finished the letter. I call out to Annie," Annie come down stairs!" Annie was curious as to why I called her obviously, but I told her, "It's a secret. Come on before the sun sets completely!" I wrap my wing around Annie and walk with her outside I give her the letter.

"Uhmmm.... what is this?" Annie asked. I wouldn't tell her so she began to feel up the letter. "A... letter? Hey! I thought you and Candy said you would never prank me because I’m blind! It's about time you did... but how am I supposed to be pranked if-" I cover her mouth and tell her to open the letter. Using her horn's magic she had opened the letter and felt up the letter. "Is...Is this braille? Where did you learn to write in braille?" I gave her the book I had bought along with a sheet of paper. This was the 'secret.' Annie asked me, "Is this a braille book? This is the same book that I bought though... I can't tell what this flyer is though..."

I begin to explain, "I wanted to tell you something... I wanted it to be a way that would make you happy. So that just in case things wouldn't be awkward for us later on. I just wanted to make sure things would always be alright." Annie had read the letter I gave her and smiled at me a little confused, then frowned.

"Annie,

You are the very suns that lights up my world.

When I am sad you are there to illuminate the darkness of my heart

You are the sun that warms up my heart when I fear it has frozen over

You are the sun that brings color into my life

You are my Horizon.

The one that sets my heart aflutter, granting my wings the ability to fly.

Horizon, you are the one I love, the one for me and only me, she whom I wish to spend my life forever chasing.

And if you should feel the same, I promise to chase you, the Horizon I love.

If my wings no long have the strength to fly, I’ll run.

If my legs no longer have the strength to run, I’ll crawl.

When my limbs no longer allow me to crawl, I’ll convey my feelings to you no matter where you are.

And if finally my ability to talk should be gone, I will spend the rest of my life, praying my thoughts to reach you.

Love,

-Prism Bolt

I began to explain further,"That flyer shows you how to write in braille... I spent a couple hours learning to read braille... that way I could write you this letter... The book is a copy of the book you bought so that... well so that I could find out the best way to tell you this." I prepared myself. My heart began to beat faster than ever, I was nervous... What if what I was doing was wrong? What if I screwed this up and wound up being shunned by her... I decide to swallow my pride and tell her, exactly what I wanted to say, "I am no good with words. Especially writing. When I was reading the book I screwed up writing a LOT. I had chosen a poem from the book that I thought best described, how I felt towards you. And here I thought I was awesome enough to do it perfectly. Yet I failed as many times as I did. You have been there for some really tough times these past couple days. These past two days I have had this pain in my chest. I think this pain was a secret that I was hiding from myself. I think... No. I know. These are my feeling for you. I.. ru...luv... ugh... I love you so much that it hurts my chest! I know that we hung out a lot before, and that maybe it's overdue or way too early to be saying this, but... I... I want to be your coltfriend."

Annie had only stared at me... minutes had passed and I began to feel even more nervous than ever. Almost as if I was about to throw up. She had felt up the letter again and asked, "So you read the whole book? You can read Braille?" I confirm her words with a fast replying 'yes.' Annie now looking at me rather than the letter, “Where did you find this poem? Which chapter?" I kind of stuttered telling her through my confusion but I confess that it may have been unoriginal, but I found the poem in the last chapter, and that I felt that it best conveyed the way I felt for her. Happy, special ...and most of all... Loved. Annie had closed her eyes and sighed," You literally spoiled the book for me. The mare in the books name is Horizon... that's why he wrote 'Horizon, you are the one I love.' Horizon was one of the heroines that I wanted to see whether or not she would wind up with the protagonist. This whole letter is a giant spoiler..."

My heart broke. I held my face, my eyesight becoming foggy... I think this is how Annie sees the world. Annie must really not want to be with me if all she can think about is the book, rather than my confession. I have never tried so hard with love. Maybe it's my karma for trying to move so fast. Or for not noticing Annie's feelings sooner... It suddenly hit me... "Would Annie really lose feelings for me just because I spoiled her favorite book?" Then this could only mean that Annie never really saw me in a romantic way, but Candy filled my head with nonsense... But what about that kiss on the cheek in Sugar Cube Corner? What about her making me become her cuddle buddy? What about her wrapping my wing around her all day? What about her crawling into my bed... then I think... and think... Annie could have just done everything platonic. She can't sleep without contact with somepony right? Maybe she wanted to give her mom a break from her... Wait does she sleep with Auntie Fluttershy all the time then?! My mind began to hurt and I was about to shed tears.

"If you're going to be my coltfriend then you better not spoil my books in the future," Annie had commanded. Almost as if the world went mute, the wind had blown yet no sound reached my ears. Only Annie's voice. I lift my head up and look at her. "Since you can now read braille I expect you to read with me every now and then too," Annie had explained.

"Wait... what are you saying Annie?" I ask her in confusion. My mind feeling as though my whole body is being twisted back and forth.

"You wanted to be my coltfriend right? Well those are my only demands," Annie explained. I can't believe my ears. I don't know if I should feel angry at her for almost making me cry, or myself for almost crying. Or maybe just mad in general she had waited so long to tell me yes. But before I knew it I was already embracing her. "Prism. I have this secret to tell you... I've liked you for a long time now." I apologize to her for never noticing. I tell her how much I love her, I just love her so much right now that I don't have words to describe it. "If you love me that much I expect an original poem... or at least a song or song cover." I agree to do so. I feel just so happy that all I feel like doing is giving into her wishes.

"Hey you should consider yourself lucky that you'll be dating such an awesome stallion such as myself~" I joke with her, she claimed that she may have made a mistake agreeing to date me, and I quickly withdraw my statement. Only to see her tongue sticking out at me. I think I just got myself involved in a long, fun, and beautiful relationship. Annie had closed her eyes facing me, leaving me in confusion. Her face had turned red as well.

"How long are you going to keep me waiting?" She asked playfully. Then I realized what it was she wanted. I kissed her. *Crash*

Annie and I turn around and see a broken bowl on the patio, judging by how many shards it broke into it must have fallen from the second floor, looking closely I could see it was... filled with popcorn? "Oh my goodness I’m so sorry! Is everypony alright?" Auntie Fluttershy had flown out the second floor window with a broom sweeping up the shards. Suddenly I think to myself... Why would Auntie Fluttershy... be able to drop a bowl of popcorn out the second window...? There was nothing to see but... the... "uhmm... Congratulations by the way... Just please be sure to take care of my daughter..." My face nearly burst into flames with the heat it was producing. Auntie Fluttershy had seen the whole thing.

"Uhhh Auntie Flutter-" I was cut off before I finished my sentence.

"Oh you can just call me Mum now! I don't mind... As a matter of fact I always wanted to be called that by my future son-in-law! I think it's charming." M...Mum? I... Did I just get Auntie Fluttershy's permission to marry Annie? That's waaay too fast, I ask her about how she felt about the situation. "Oh please. I've known you since you were born. I know you mean well, and are such a nice and caring pony. Besides, I doubt my little Annie would be in love with anypony that was a bad pony for as long as she has."

Annie practically skipped towards us, "Yay~ I got mom's approval! Time for Aunt Rainbow's." I frown and look at the ground. "Or you know what? It can wait~" That night Auntie... I mean Mum made a special dinner for us two. I honestly don't think a deadbeat like me deserves such a wonderful mare like Annie... but now she is my inspiration to better myself... She is the Horizon I will strive for.

Bed time came and I laid onto the couch. Annie tugged at me off the couch, and brought me to her room... her bed... Her pet bat had smiled at me sitting upon my head until finally we decided to sleep. I want to do things right. I will not screw up this relationship. It's too important to me. Annie... is too important to me to lose. "Hey Annie... I have one last secret to tell you before we sleep," I state. Annie clung to my body mumbling in confusion. I whisper into Annie's ear "My secret is... that... I love you."

Annie smiled. I wrap my hooves around her and hear her final words for the night, "I'm telling everypony how cheesy you were..." Oh Celestia, Luna, and even Discord give me strength to survive the embarrassment I am to face in the future. I give Annie one last kiss for the night, then before I know it... I'm lost in a dream. The first dream I've had in years... and who was with me in it? No one but Annie and I.

Author's Note:

@-@ Oh dear Celestia. I have never put so much work into anything before. I hope you all enjoy! The poem was original so yeah sooorrrryyyy you all had to deal with my crappy poetry skills TT_TT I never took creative writing okay?! Please comment down below what you liked, what you didn't like, and how you think the confession went? Was it too easy? Not detailed enough? Or Decent? Honestly I think I sped up the romance too much, so i'm thinking maybe I'll erase the end then write a new chapter for the confession, Plus I feel that I may have made Prism go out of character, but then again the only time I have seen Prism seriously ask somepony out on a date is when he asked out Amber