• Published 31st Jan 2015
  • 1,172 Views, 18 Comments

Love Is Blind: A Story of PrismXAnnie - Shattered Heart



A romance story based off the fictional characters fictional character Prism Bolt, the son of Rainbow Dash & Soarin, and Anthea (A.K.A. Annie) The adoptive daughter of Fluttershy!

  • ...
12
 18
 1,172

Chapter 3: Home... Where Exactly?

~The Present~

As the famous saying goes, “Home is where you hang your hat." However although I can totally pull off any hat, yes i have tried all the hats you can think of ten gallon hats, fedora, sunhats, straw hat, you name it. Anyhow i'm getting off topic. Although I can pull off any hat with my astonishingly good looks~ I didn't have a hat to hang. Only a heart that now belonged to somepony that I decided to live for. Sometimes life gives you no goals, but if that is the case it's up to you yourself to find them. There are many futures that we strive for in throughout our life. Sometimes the future we get is not what we wanted, and I didn't want to become one of those ponies. A future is inevitable, so it only makes sense to find the future that will make me happiest, and in this future there is Annie who led me to the path I began to believe in... And the future that I had created for myself. But when it comes to time... the future is always now.

I had told you guys and girls about how I came to love my sweetheart. So it only makes sense that I tell you, how I forged my... no... Our future.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~The Present~

I haven't slept this well in a while. Really. I haven't slept this well EVER. I love to take naps, especially when bathing in the sun on a cloud. When I woke up the first thing I saw was Annie's face... Staring at me. I was so shocked that I fell out of her bed! *THUD* "Owwww," I hold my head in pain, as I get up the sound of Annie's giggling filled the room. The way the sun shined on her as she lied in bed was absolutely beautiful. If it meant waking up to her by my side I wouldn't mind going through this as a daily routine... but of course that can't happen. I've troubled Fluttershy & Annie enough, it's about time I moved out. I've been here for about 3 days... I shouldn't become a burden, i'm no construction pony, but i'm sure I can make myself a small house out of clouds if I tried. At the very least I need enough space to sleep. Lost in thought I feel Annie's head brushing up against me. I really am lucky... Now lets see just how much my luck can do to help me find a job. That is another thing I need to take care of. In order to survive on my own I need an income. Suddenly I felt something hurt... my neck. "OW, OW, OW!!! What are you doing?!" I complain to Annie who had been biting my neck.

"You were so lost in thought you weren't paying attention to me! I was being all affectionate and you ignored me," Annie whined then began to pout. “Minus five points." I have no clue what that is supposed to mean, I asked her but she would not answer, so I suppose I’m just going to have to be extra careful. "Mom is out doing house calls for pets today so I’ll be making lunch." I look at an oversized clock which was probably made for Annie so she could tell what time it was. There weren't any numbers just very thick clock hands. I checked and saw that it is 1 o'clock which prompted me to ask why she didn't wake me up sooner. "Oh and wake up my sweet prince's sleep?" She smiled at me ," I know how much you like your sleep so I let you sleep~" This is only the first day of Annie and I being an official couple and I’m already thinking that I don't deserve somepony as caring as her, thanking Celestia that I was able to be with her I walk her down the hall... Why only the hall? Well... she kind of got selfish, “Carry me to the kitchen~" Annie commanded as she jumped onto my back. She wasn't exactly heavy, but I wasn't used to the weight of another pony on the ground.

I carried her down the stairs and began to walk into the kitchen, once I finally got there Annie was still being selfish, but I think it was cute of her to do it. "I'm feeling too lazy to cook~ I need to charge my batteries~ I need... LOVE ENERGY~" Getting ready to ask her what she meant she explained before sound could escape my mouth," What is love energy you ask? It's the energy that is gained from two ponies in love be romantic with each other~ For example~ With my cuddling this morning I was able to give you enough love energy to carry me to the kitchen~<3 Now give me some love energy~" I know she was only fooling around, but it was embarrassing trying to accommodate her. I gave her a hug but that only annoyed her,"booooo what am I your moth-....uhmmm.... what am I your father?! I'm your marefriend I need LOVE ENERGY!" It was embarrassing so I kissed her on the cheek, she was still dissatisfied. She must have stopped at mother due to my fight with mom, I don't mind her mistake so I let it slide. "I got a little love energy~ but not enough! Maybe if you told me you loved me~ I would have enough energy to cook!" I was a little skeptical since it was embarrassing, but when I really think about it, it's completely normal to show her that I love her while we are in the privacy of her own home.

"I love you more than anything or anypony I have ever loved or could ever love. I love you more than flying itself, and I hope to forever be with you." I confess to Annie. I really... REALLY mean it. I don't know how honestly, but I feel that I love her more than anything I had ever come to love. I just knew that I would love her for as long as I live.

Annie began to smile. It was more than a normal smile, she had that smile that she gave whenever she messed with me. I know that smile because she gave me that smile quite a few times. Once when I was messing with a cloud I made it thunder and Annie screamed, pretending she had amnesia. It was a long ordeal, but when it was over she gave me that face. Anyway that look she gave me means that she has fooled me into doing something embarrassing from what I can tell. I suddenly heard clapping... "See? I told you all we were dating!" Annie explained. I freeze. Now there isn't just clapping sounds, but now there is whistling. Slowly I turn around, and who else was in the living room? Almost all my friends. Now cheering now that they are looking at my face. Turquoise the green dragon pony, Claire the Purple dragon pony, Candy, Del the Earth pony, Starburst the Pegasus princess... and even Auntie Fluttershy. A shiver went down my spine and my face began to heat.

"Wow Darling I had no clue you were such a romantic poet, maybe if you were that romantic when confessing to me I would have given you the time of day," the purple dragon pony name Claire stated. She is Turquoise's sister, the daughter of Uncle Spike & Aunt Rarity. I used to have a crush on her when we were small, but that was ONLY when we were small. She talks like Aunt Rarity and I guess I just liked the sound of her accent... and her face I guess.

Hearing some clapping I looked at Turquoise who was sitting beside her, “If you make Annie cry you'll be angering a lot of ponies." Turquoise or as most of our friends refer to him as "T" is pretty much the best male friend I have down here in ponyville. Especially compared to Parody. If anything T was the opposite of him, T is very calm and collected, but when he is angered you don't want to be around him, a dragons rage is no laughing matter. We were a lot closer as kids.

"I gotta tell yah I thought you were going to end up dying alone after you broke up with Whirlwind," stated happily by Starburst. I don't know what hurt more, the fact that she said that, or the fact that she said it sounding so sincerely. As if it were just guaranteed I was going to die alone. That Pegasus is the daughter of Flash Sentry and Princess Twilight Sparkle. Honestly I don't know why she isn't Queen Twilight Sparkle now that she is married, but I don't know about political junk. Starburst is one of my flying buddies who is kind of a tomboy. Don't get me wrong she is very cute in a way, but she is usually mean to me because I can handle it. There are times when she would stare at my face, but I think it's because of the scar on my face, which I usually cover with a band aid. She is very confident, but sensitive about her height... very easily angered...

Candy was skipping around in circles," Yes! I knew it! Whoohooo OTP! Wooot! I just knew it!" I have no clue what she is shouting about, but honestly I don't want to know...

"Well isn't that great? I'm glad you found somepony special. Not as happy as... well Candy, but I’m very happy for you. Just be sure not to use your new relationship as an excuse for when I beat you in the next iron pony contest," that pony is Del. He is the son of Aunt Applejack. He maybe a country bumpkin, but he learned etiquette from Aunt Rarity, he is one awesome cook. He is also my rival, just like our moms I am constantly fighting him for the title of iron pony. Though we are currently tied for the title.

*Pop* I turn towards the sound and it's Auntie Fluttershy holding a popped party popper," Y-Yay... I know we already talked about this last night, but I’m very happy that you and Annie are finally a couple... Oh! I also think that little love speech you gave to Annie was really romantic..."

I begin to sweat from all the excitement that is going on. I can't believe this is happening... I can't believe that Annie got me so good. She really outdid herself with the prank. I had never been so embarrassed in my life. I look at Annie and asked," I thought you said that everypony was out?"

"That was then and this is now~ you were sleep for a while so around sevenish this morning I used magic to send some letters out to tell our friends~ and they didn't quite believe me so I decided to put on a show for them!" Annie explained. I look back at my friends... then back at Annie, but then something comes to mind... What about Parody? I know he isn't my best of friends, but it still kind of feels wrong to have all my friends around and not include him... since he is TECHNICALLY part of our group.

Just as I began to think that who would pop in through the door but Parody," Hello! Sorry I’m late! I was busy with this!" Parody, or as my friends call him Parry, had displayed a long banner across the room which had a very well made drawing of Annie & I. I was about ready to compliment him for the banner since it was so well made, but he interrupted, “Okay so lemme just ask how did you two wind up going out? Were you on a BLIND DATE? You know what they say! Love is BLIND ! At least I finally know for sure you aren't gay. I thought you were coming onto me, I’m just too into ...somepony else and I was afraid I was going to have to put you down and ruin our friendship hahaha." I begin to sigh. He just always takes the jokes too far, always joking about Annie's blindness, and my mane. Claire had put a paw on his shoulder which shut him up once he saw her. I don't know why but Parry is very scared of Claire... Not that I blame him.

I didn't very much care for his jokes, but Annie was laughing at all of them. "Aww it's such a shame you aren't bi Prism. I totally wouldn't mind sharing you if it meant sharing you with a dude like Parry." Her statement shocked me and I had a face of disgust, but Annie had punched my shoulder signaling that she was joking.

Candy shouted loudly,"ooooooh! Annie how about Prism and T! Or maybe Prism and Del?" I stared at Candy who was just adding fuel to the fire that was annoying me, Annie however joined the conversation.

"Well if Prism is going to be paired with T I hope for sure that he is gentle. T can be so sensitive," Claire stated. Then Starburst joined in on the conversation. It wasn't just me anymore. The girls began to talk about what if T was paired with Del, or Del or T paired with Parry. Things were just getting out of hand. I no longer had their attention, but now they were talking about a subject I

I rub my head with my hoof to ease the headache I had, when suddenly Auntie Fluttershy had calmed everypony down, dropping the conversation. Aunt Fluttershy came up to me and patted my head, “Don’t worry. Everypony is really happy for you. They are just... too excited..." Seeing this as a good chance to tell Auntie Fluttershy, I explain that I will be moving out as soon as possible, she looked at me in confusion, "You mean you aren't going to live here?" She had asked as if what she had said was the obvious answer. Honestly I hadn't thought that option would be available to me. I had thought about it but threw away the thought, I explain to her that I wouldn't want to be a burden and that I should really move out. "Well... I could use quite a bit of help repairing the cottage, and building animal houses, I normally pay somepony else to do it, so if you would be kind enough to do these chores for me whenever I need it you wouldn't be a burden would you?" Auntie Fluttershy explained.

Honestly words began to fail me. I bit my tongue. Literally. It's not that I was ashamed, or just in general did it by accident, but I saw my vision blur, I felt tears welling up in my eyes. This pony has fed me, cared for me, and is offering to let me stay here, not only that but she is even allowing me to date her daughter. My chest begins to hurt, and I bite my tongue more... a little too hard, now i'm tearing up because of the pain I’m inflicting on myself, tilting my head I feel as though the tears in one of my eyes have shifted to the other eye, I wipe the tear out and toss it aside so that no pony would see... little to my knowledge the tear I throughout had wet the bottom of my bottom eyelid, causing a stream to form rather than tear drops. I felt weak. I felt as though I wasn't even a manly pony anymore. But I was okay with it. I hold my face for a couple minute and the cottage becomes silent. I feel the emotions in me rampage, and I finally speak," If I really would not be a burden, I would very much love to stay here and help around. I'll do more than that even, I’ll help with any type of chore that you could possibly need to do." But Auntie Fluttershy didn't give me the approval yet. She looked away for a bit, then back at me.

"You forgot to mention that you will be the best coltfriend for my daughter Annie, if you can provide her with the one happiness that I can't provide, then you are more than welcome to stay here, Auntie Fluttershy had stated. I must have looked odd, I felt the tears streaming down one side of my face, yet not the other. I now feel like I should live for more than what I had thought to. First I wanted to live for Annie, so that she would be as happy as I could make her, but now I want to do the same for her mother. I want to be the best coltfriend for Annie, and maybe one day in the future, the best son-in-law for Auntie Fluttershy, and I will start the moment she agrees. I nod my head looking away from Auntie Fluttershy so that she doesn't notice the tears streaming down the left side of my face, but she is just too kind not to notice. She had hugged me, and I began to feel the type of motherly love I didn't think I would be feeling. I don't think there is quite a name for this type of love for such an early stage of a relationship we are in, but if I were to describe it... it would be a mother-in-law type of love. The type of love you feel when you promise to bring your spouse happiness, and receive their approval.

I never thought I could be so happy. It's so strange. Just 5 days ago I was storming out of my own home, kicked out with nowhere to go, then as I had starved myself for several days I was dragged to a familiar place, with unfamiliar feelings, I had been given the comfort of a guest, then the comfort of love, and now the comfort of a new home. I guess this is what they mean by "You don't know what you have until it's gone." Being thrown out of my home I had nothing, and now I feel I have everything I could ever need. I'm grateful that I was kicked out of my house that day. I'm glad this is where I crash landed. I'm glad I didn't move from the spot that I had stayed. I'm glad that I somehow wounded up in Annie's house. This house is just filled with a type of kindness that brings one to tears, as it is doing to me right now. Slowly, but surely, awkwardly but lovingly, I hug Auntie Fluttershy back. Yet embarrassingly enough, everypony had clapped, witnessing all the emotional torment that I had just gone through. However no pony made fun of me, not even Parody... mostly because Claire's claws were holding his throat, but still. It was a really touching moment for me, and that sounds icky just thinking it.

Hours later the party ends, everypony has left, and Auntie Fluttershy, Annie, & I are the only ones in the house. I go to the couch to ready myself to bed, but Annie yet again pulls me up the stairs towards her room with Auntie Fluttershy following. Worried about Annie & I sleeping in the same bed I look at Auntie Fluttershy. She had only looked at me as if it were natural that I would be sleeping in the same room as Annie, I think Auntie Fluttershy should have been the "Element of Understanding" rather than kindness. Of course being in her house...or maybe it's our house now? No... I don't think I have the right to say that yet. Before Auntie Fluttershy departs to her room I ask her one last question, “Why is it that you are so understanding? That you know I won’t take advantage of my situation? Or take advantage of your daughter? Why do you allow me to start living here?" I know it makes it sound like I’m digging my own grave, but I just needed to know.

Auntie Fluttershy just looked at me with a genuinely kind yet soft smile," I've known you since you were a little colt, I don't think you would ever do such a horrid thing to me or Annie... Plus I’m sure Annie could handle herself" she winked at Annie, but I don't think Annie noticed. "And as for why I’m letting you stay..." time began to move slowly. Hundreds of thoughts ran through my mind. Because I was pitiful? Because I had nowhere else to go? But even so why live here? Why not just have me visit until I find another place to stay. Suddenly time resumed to normal speed. ,"It's because... Home... is where the heart is. And your heart belongs to Annie doesn't it?"

I look at Auntie Fluttershy, then back at Annie, I look down to the floor and just smile at it. "Home is where the heart is huh?" I repeat to myself. "My heart will forever be, for Annie, and Annie only." Annie giggled stating how poetic and gooey that sounded, it embarrasses me now just thinking about the fact that this past while I had been talking like this. Auntie Fluttershy began to head towards her room down the hall, “Moth-" I catch my tongue not wanting to say anything awkward or embarrassing again I correct myself. "Auntie Fluttershy, thank you so much. Goodnight."

"Goodnight mom!" Annie had spoken right after me.

Auntie Fluttershy looked back to Annie and I from her door and smiled, walking through the door and slowly closing it her voice is carried down the hall like the wind ,"Goodnight Annie, goodnight Prism, love you two."

Hearing that had embarrassed me and I began to think. I haven't received a goodnight like that in a while. Not since I left home, and it felt weird. It felt warm. Annie and I headed to bed and laid together. Annie's bet bat had nuzzled her then flew back to its poach to sleep. Though I tried to say goodnight it hissed at me... I guess not everything can go as smoothly as it has lately. I'll have to work on that. Annie and I face each other and hold each other close. We say our good nights, give our goodnight kisses to each other, and stare into each other’s eyes letting time pass, until finally Annie falls asleep. I poke her cheek to make sure she was asleep. This way I could say something I haven't said in a while, after making sure for sure, I hold Annie close. "I'm home," I whisper, closing my eyes. Now letting the darkness settle in I begin to await for my dreams...

"Welcome home Prism," I hear before finally I drift off into slumber.

Author's Note:

I tried really. REALLY hard to be emotional with this chapter. No jokes by Parry in this chapter were meant to offend anyone reading. If you see grammar mistakes, or want to comment what you liked or disliked please comment below!