• Published 2nd Nov 2014
  • 1,803 Views, 69 Comments

TCB - Other Side of the Spectrum: Shades of the Unsung - TheIdiot



"To survive in this world you need to do one of the following; lose yourself to it, go mad, survive or get broken." For Inkwell, those words should of come sooner; had he known them after hoofington he'd probably still be free.

Comments ( 5 )

Interesting development. Inkwell seems to be growing in character and importance. But I get the feeling that that's one of the main points of this side-story, his growth from a naive intrepid reporter, to someone who's been caught up in the giant conspiracy and might acquit himself better than he thinks. I say "might" because these stories are structured in a way that you don't really know who's safe and who's not. The scene with the prison warden was another interesting peak into the mind of one who has been twisted up inside and seems to only be able to vent themselves by causing the sufferings of others. As I was reading the last chapter, a quote from Babylon 5 flashed through my mind to describe the newfoals.
"No hope, no dreams, no future, and no life."
I think that is an apt description of them.
My guess is that the guard is Sunset Shimmer in disguise, but I may be wrong.
Anyway, good job, good music selection. Thanks for the update and keep up the good work.

6314712 And many thanks for commenting, you'll find a lot more coming forth as time goes on... also thanks for that quote - I might put it into the story someway.

s1
s1 #3 · Aug 14th, 2015 · · ·

6314778
Is it me or Doctor Steady Scalpel is giving off this vibe of Professor Pyg from the Batman series?
Here some videos of Professor Pyg from Batman: Arkham Knight game:

And wait a moment!! There are Elk porns that exist in Equestria!!?

6316201 The Pyg thing is your view, not mine.

The Elk thing is something Doctor Fluffy put in.

The clever use of music and gardens as recurrent motifs are what lends this Spectrumverse story its charm, and as such, I found Inkwell's latest supernatural encounter to be by far the most engaging moment in this long-expected chapter.

I hope to see more of the Headmaster and Sunset Shimmer very soon, because goodness knows we don't need much more of poor, naive, likeable Inkwell getting relentlessly abused to be reminded of how very evil the Solar Empire is at every turn.

~Vox

Login or register to comment