• Published 31st Oct 2014
  • 3,458 Views, 192 Comments

Building a Better World: Origins - Cookie_Girl



when their world is on the brink of armageddon the peoples of Equus are moved to Earth

  • ...
15
 192
 3,458

Episode two sneak peek!

I awakened in a forest. Regular looking trees with nothing special about them. There were strange creatures running around here, and there. Though at that moment I could not care less.

Freedom! I was free from my imprisonment! I thrust myself from the ground so fast that my hooves touched nothing more than air for a few seconds, and I was not even flapping my wings.

How did this happen? Was the first question I asked myself. I suspected it to be some trick, but as I walked my magic told me all that I needed to know. It was no illusion!

But where am I? That would be a great deal of help to know. The trees were not of the kind that grew in my jungle homeland. The creatures were unfamiliar. I had no clue where I was.

“Well now what do we have here?”

I turned to see the speaker. It was a strange looking biped dressed in green clothing with purplish hair. Beside this biped was a shorter one whose body appeared to be the inspiration for the design of the the taller one's clothes. They were both looking at me like I was some sort of prize.

“Never seen a pokemon like this before, Cacturne. Let's see what it can do, and if it's good enough we'll catch it.” the taller one said.

“Right, Master!” the shorter one responded, and raised its arms to ready itself for a fight.

They actually thought that they could simply do this. Just attack, and capture me like a trophy? I laughed. Unknown to them, I had already begun to feed on the love they shared. It was not the love of two hearts like what I took from Shining Armor, but was enough to give me an edge.

“Come then!” I challenged them. “Test yourselves against Queen Chrysalis!”


I was uneasy. There was...something! I do not know what, but it was there. Like someone was watching me through a screen of some sort.

“Stop watching me!” I yelled to no-one in particular. Unfortunately this resulted in everyone looking at me. “What are you looking at? Can't a snake yell at nothing without everyone giving him odd looks? Stop looking at me!”

They all shrugged, and went back to what they had been doing. This was good because we had a mission. It is a simple, but very important mission. We were taking away the humans’ ice cream!

Yes, I see that you understand how important this is. Ice cream looks like a pokemon! And humans eat it! So we will take the ice cream from the humans, and turn it into milkshakes for ourselves because milkshakes do not look like pokemon.

“The humans will surrender all of their ice cream to the Pokemon Liberation Army!” For some reason this got a very big cheer of approval from my soldiers. I raised my tail blade high as I gave the order to attack. “Take the ice cream factory! So says, I the great Commander Sev!”

Comments ( 17 )

Great story.:pinkiehappy:

I'm looking forward to seeing what will happen in the sequel.

Will any MLP villains like Tirek or someone new cause trouble in this new world?

6584684 Tirek was left behind for obvious reasons explained at the start of the story. For everyone else, you'll see~

6584734 And he STILL has the magic marker mustache!

6585114 :eeyup:

6585743 Still working out the kinks.

6585874 You earned a cookie!

6585743
My guess is that Dark and Ghost are super effective, Fairy and maybe Bug are not very effective, and Dragon, along with what I hope to be a new type Specificly for Discord called the Chaos type, are weak to it. Everything else is neutral.

Sev keep been Sev in every world, because Sev.

6589997

Sorry, but unless there is fighting I don't know how to use him. :twilightsheepish: Might as well be standing there picking his nose.

6784808 Actually it was just a random magikarp that I was planning on using as a recurring gag.

When will you start the next one?

7227227 unfortunately, I am not very motivated anymore. Part of the problem is that I want to write something more serious, and pony + pokemon is not that.

Another part of it is that nobody ever wants to give me any tips or pointers after they start reading. This means that I cannot improve my craft. And improving is my main reason for writing fan fiction.

So it may still be a while.

7227510 good luck in the future, and I do hope that you will return, serious writing isn't the only type of writing there is, and besides, who says you can't be a comedy writer and still have some seriousness.

Well, not a big fan of Pokemon, but after reading this story, I guess I'll start searching a bit more for pokemon crossover.

PS : Sorry I forgot to comment first time

7508240 glad you liked it!

6585114
Just realized..does EG tie into this world?because sunsets gonna be wondering why the portal isn't working XD

Should I make a better cover?

9961186
Sorry. I'm just prone to noticing grammatical errors.

9961232

I’d recommend working past that, because unless their are so many grammatical errors that they’re ruining the story, making a comment about one single error feels like nitpicking rather than being helpful.

Login or register to comment