• Published 31st Oct 2014
  • 3,458 Views, 192 Comments

Building a Better World: Origins - Cookie_Girl



when their world is on the brink of armageddon the peoples of Equus are moved to Earth

  • ...
15
 192
 3,458

In godly hooves

In space, just beyond Earth's atmosphere a ripple formed in the forces of time, space, and antimatter. This had been happening on and off for weeks. Having finally sensed the disturbances the creation trio was ready. It was unknown what would come out if a rift was torn open, or if it would simply become a black hole. That they could handle. It was just a simple combination of their powers. In fact they were quite confident that they could handle anything that happened.

Except for what actually did happen. A hole opened to reveal the Alpha Pokemon. Closing the void behind him Arceus drifted toward his sons. <My sons, it is good to see you again.> he told them.

<Father!> The three dragons actually whooped with joy. He cut off their questions with a wave of his hoof. <All will be explained soon my sons, but for now there is a world of new pokemon who need our help.> Arceus teleported into the Earth's lower atmosphere and sent out a telepathic call <To me my Legendaries.>


In the Hall of Legends Arceus made his entrance, and was greeted by a chorus of applause and cheers of joy. His daughters, and granddaughter all swarmed him. Wishing he could continue the moment, but knowing he must hurry Arceus broke up the hug.

<It is good to see you all again, and some of you for the first time, but I fear that the celebrations shall have to wait.> he announced.

<What do you mean Dad?> Mew wanted to continue the hug, but backed off.

<There is another world outside of this reality that is fated to be removed from existence along with all life on the doomed planet.> The only one not to have a strong reaction was Mewtwo, though he did uncross his arms, and look more attentive.

He showed them images of the different races of Equus during the current crisis. An older buffalo with his young daughter trying to take shelter from a strong storm. A group of bull headed bipedal creatures were bracing support beams under a cracked roof. Swarms of four legged bugs were flying around, some carrying young that couldn't fly others grouped around green pods. An underwater city cratered with volcanic vents. A great massive dragon plunged its head into an equally massive treasure hoard, and pulled out two very small eggs held gently in its teeth just before a rock slide demolished the hoard.

A whimper from Celebi got his attention, and seeing her ready to cry for the unfortunate souls Arceus quickly banished the images.

Having their attention Arceus continued. <The beings of this world sent one of there own to meet with me in my pocket dimension, and we struck up a bargain.>

<I'm curious Father as to how they got into your prison at all, when none of us ever could.> Giratina was suspicious.

Arceus chuckled at his son's protectiveness. <Be at ease my son.> he told Giratina. <It is only because of their power, which having never encountered before I could not replicate.> He called forth a plate, and harnessed its power. <That is no longer the case.> When the power came forth his hooves, horn, and ring all turned white with a rainbow gleam. <This is the power of what will be known as magic type pokemon.>

Now the Legendaries were stunned. The creation brothers had told them that they would be receiving new pokemon, but an entire new type? It was unheard of.

<I know that this only raises more questions, but we must act now before it is too late. Their world is doomed to a fated destiny, and there is no reversing it. The bargain is that we will give them a new world to call home, and those who are willing shall try to bring pokemon closer to living as they were meant to.

Mew floated up to his eye level and said <Tell us what to do.>


Celestia had passed the point of simple anger. She had already went through the other stages of grief, though she had skipped passed denial, and circled back to anger. Now she was pissed. That god said we would be saved, that all intelligent life on Equus would be rescued, and yet where is he? she thought to herself. Her anger could be considered misplaced if she was not using her magic to levitate the city of Canterlot. The city had separated from its mountain hours ago after the first several quakes, and now there was nowhere safe to set it down. Along with levitating the city Celestia was trying to maintain the atmosphere. If she didn't the sun would beat down relentlessly, and the air would slowly seep away.

Discord was busy trying to contain as much chaos magic as possible. Twilight was trying her best to help the pegasi to control the weather. Cadence had been casting healing spells and stasis spells everywhere she saw injured ponies or the start of a new disaster. Shining Armor had cast a massively powerful shield spell that cut off the Crystal City from the bad magic, but required all of his concentration leaving him completely immobilized.

Princess Luna had it just as bad as her sister. She had been tasked with holding the sun and moon in perfect position completely immobilized. This served the double purpose of spreading light all over the planet as well as restricting the gravitational forces of both heavenly spheres.

Unfortunately for Luna she had a third burden. In the back of her mind there was a malevolent voice. "It wouldn't take much you know."

From before her banishment Luna had spent years warding off the shadows that the voice belongs to. It had finally overwhelmed her on one fateful summer day. After a thousand years she had been freed from the darkness by Twilight and the others. For a week. At the first whisper in her mind she had gone to her sister, and together they had worked to create barriers to protect her from it.

She had had to remove those barriers to ensure that she had enough magical strength for the task at hoof. "All it would take is to let go. " The voice continued speaking. "All it would take is to let go of the sun and the moon. "

In her mindscape the speaker walked up behind her. The dark alicorn draped a wing over her and leaned down to whisper almost intimately in her ear. "You could take all of this wild magic for yourself, become a queen, a goddess to rule all of Equus, and then they will love you."

Princess Luna knew the words were illogical, but in her heart they made sense. She would be loved. No! She would resist. She would push back. She would attack!

"Oh, please." Nightmare Moon rolled her draconic eyes. Extending her ethereal mane and tail into tendrils of smoke she wrapped them around her 'twin'.

Luna was paralyzed. Not with fear but with longing. She knew perfectly well that the ponies of Equestria still praised Celestia over her. The only exceptions being close friends like the six young ones... What were their names? "Do I not have any friends?" Luna tried to remember but all she found were memories of ponies ignoring her, shunning her, running away from her, and always glorifying and even worshipping her sister.

Nightmare Moon grinned down at Luna. "I've been patient long enough." She lifted the smaller princess in her ethereal mane and tail. "I've grown tired of hearing your thoughts as you whine and complain about not being more popular." She smiled evily as Luna was nearly engulfed by her astral mist. "What kind of attitude is that for an immortal?" As the mist creeped up her neck Luna's control began to slip. In the real world the sun and moon began to move. The mist creeped higher. "This will be...

<Be gone!> A golden light cut through the darkness of her mindscape freeing Luna from the evil influence of Nightmare Moon. The evil alicorn screamed in protest as she was blasted back to the deepest reaches of Luna's mind. <Stay gone witch!> Arceus placed a seal on Luna's subconscious mind.

"Thank you, Arceus is it." Back in the real world Luna was once more holding the sun and moon in place. She was visibly struggling to control the magic now that her strength had been sapped by resisting her darker side.

<You are welcome Princess Luna, and yes I am Arceus, now please allow me to take your burden for your subjects are safe, and your struggles need not continue.> Luna decided it was a good idea to pass out in the hooves of the godly stallion.