• Published 19th Jan 2015
  • 1,275 Views, 30 Comments

All the Elements for Disaster - Radicool223



When a confused blue pegasus seeks help from Princess Celestia and gets sent for memory help to Twilight Sparkle right before the MLP FIM TV series, what could possibly go wrong? A lot, that's what.

  • ...
11
 30
 1,275

Bridle Gossip

“Honestly Cobalt, this stunt is going to get you injured or worse!” Twilight protested her friend’s ludicrous flying trick idea.

“Uh, no!” Cobalt corrected her, strapping on a crash helmet. “I am so going to nail this one.” He readied the wooden plank on the edge of the stairs.

“I still think that trying to slide down the stairs on a board and vault out the door is nuts.” Twilight informed her speed-craving friend.

Cobalt facehooved. “Do you trust me or not?” he asked, giving her a burning look.

Twilight sighed. “Yes, I trust you. You can’t blame me for worrying though, can you?”

Cobalt grinned. “Not at all.” He shifted his weight forward ever so slightly and started sliding down the stairs. About halfway down he trick jumped and started grinding on the railing.

Twilight covered her eyes. She just couldn’t bear to watch somepony break a limb on a stupid trick.

Just as Cobalt was nearing the edge of the railing, the door slammed shut and somepony outside screamed, “Hide yourselves! She’s coming!”

Unable to stop, Cobalt smashed into the door and fell onto the floor. “Ow.”

ONE TITLE SEQUENCE LATER

Cobalt, Spike, and Twilight wandered through the empty streets of Ponyville trying to find out what the hay was up. Oddly they couldn’t find anything at all, which was strange considering Ponyville’s usual nature of being the foremost in bustling and ponies out and about.

“Yeesh, it’s like a ghost town out here.” Cobalt commented.

Twilight shivered as a cold gust of wind blew past her. “Didn’t need that image.”

They suddenly got snatched into the bakery with a hurried, “Quick, in here!”

All three stood up and blinked a few times to readjust their eyes to the darkness. They looked confusedly at their other five friends and Applejack’s little sister, Applebloom, the yellow filly with the pink bow (from chapter 2), cowering and shivering.

Cobalt cleared his throat. “So, will someone tell me WHAT THE HAY IS GOING ON!?”

“Shh!” was the reply.

Pinkie continued that thought with, “She’s coming!”

“Who?” Spike pressed.

“She comes here every month and just wanders around!” Fluttershy informed them in a tiny voice.

“It’s Zecora!” Applejack and Rarity said in unison.

Cobalt facehooved. “Rainbow, please tell me you’re not scared of this.”

Rainbow Dash let out a high, nervous laugh. “O-of course not, d-dude.” She was proved wrong when there was a rustling noise and she gasped, launching herself up to the rafters and staying up there. “What was that?!”

“A’m not scared.” Applebloom announced.

“You watch your mouth there, little sister.” Applejack snapped. “The big ponies are talkin’.”

“No, I’m with her.” Cobalt argued.

“Me too.” Twilight agreed. “What has this Zecora ever done to you?”

“Um, well, she sometimes mutters what I think are curses.” Rainbow called from her post in the roof.

Cobalt facehooved once again and flew up to the roof, grabbing his friend and pulling her down, which made her start blushing profusely from him making physical contact with her in a non life threatening situation.

A clopping noise sounded from outside the door and everypony silenced themselves in nervous apprehension.

Eventually the clopping went away and almost everypony breathed a heavy sigh of relief. But only almost.

See, when Applebloom had been silenced and inadvertently called a little filly, she’d snuck out of the store and was now following Zecora back into the forest.

“H-hey!” Applejack exclaimed, looking around in alarm. “Where’s Applebloom?!”

“Maybe she decided to hide up here when she saw Dashie do it!” Pinkie suggested, reaching down from the roof and subsequently losing her grip and falling.

“This isn’t good at all.” Rarity stated the obvious.

“Well, are we going to discuss it or go and find her?” Spike demanded, earning a nod of approval and a mad dash for the door by the others.

INSIDE THE EVERFREE FOREST

Oh boy, Ah’m really in too deep now. Applebloom thought to herself as she commando crawled through the underbrush in pursuit of Zecora, who was now heading back for wherever she lived.

She grinned triumphantly though at outsmarting her sister and all the other ‘big ponies’. That’ll teach ‘em to call me little!

As if her thoughts of Applejack had summoned her out of thin air, Applebloom heard her sister yell her name.

“Applebloom! Get on back here right now!” Applejack called angrily.

Unfortunately she had caught not only Applebloom’s, but Zecora’s attention too, who whipped around and widened her eyes, noticing what the Mane Six and Cobalt were standing in.

“Beware, beware, you pony folk, those leaves of blue are not a joke!” she called.

What? Is she actually puttin’ a curse on them? Applebloom wondered.

“Yeah, well, you and your dumb curses are the ones who had better beware!” Rainbow yelled, putting on brave bravado when what she really felt like doing was curling up into a tiny ball and huddling on the ground.

Zecora retreated into the cover of shadows, and the ponies carefully backed away, calling it an unofficial truce.

LATER

Twilight woke up in her bed, ready to begin their morning’s routine. They’d decided to leave what had happened yesterday alone and not think about it.

She yawned and stretched, thinking that she’d better wake up Cobalt from his perch on top of the bookshelf. She’d never understood why he like to sleep in odd places like that, but he’d told her that it was that it was the closest he could get to ‘roughing it’.

“Cobalt.” She murmured, still drowsy. All he did was twitch and muttered something about deviled eggs. Or was it egg devils? She giggled a little bit and tried to use her magic to rock the bookcase.

Nothing happened.

Twilight raised an eyebrow, her magic always worked. Focusing again, she tried the same trick, convinced she was just over thinking the innate magic.

Still nothing happened.

Twilight was getting worried. Had she gotten worse at magic overnight? Or was something wrong with the tool used to cast it? She quickly dashed to a mirror and examined her horn. Gasping, she observed that instead of being like it normally was, it had turned blue spotted and floppy.

ONE SCREAM LATER

Cobalt walked into the room, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. “Morning, Twilight. You’re looking beautiful today.”

Twilight gritted her teeth, things were bad enough already without him making stupid jokes. “Stop kidding around.”

Cobalt looked offended. “Why would I kid about something such as that?”

“Is it a full moon or something?”

“Only if you want it to be.”

Twilight’s eye twitched. “SPIKE!”

Cobalt used his far superior speed to wrap his foreleg around her neck before she could move. “Come on, let’s not bring him into this.”

“Um, Twilight dear? I have a teensy bit of a problem.” Rarity, who had apparently just walked in, called from downstairs. That was followed from the distinctive shout of Rainbow Dash and a crashing noise that rocked the floor.

LATER

Twilight had assembled the elements, Spike, and Cobalt in an emergency meeting.

Rarity had her hair poofed out to unrealistic proportions, Twilight’s condition was already stated, something was up with Cobalt’s head, no matter what she did Rainbow couldn’t stop crashing, Pinkie’s tongue was also blue spotted and constantly stuck out, Applejack was microscopic, and Fluttershy seemed to be the only normal one out of the group.

“Okay,” Twilight said calmly. “I’ll open with this. WHAT THE HAY IS GOING ON?!”

“I don’t know, but as long as Dash is at my side, I don’t care.” Cobalt, who had now decided that he loved Rainbow Dash, said, sidling up to his companion.

Rainbow had decided no matter how much she liked Cobalt she just couldn’t take this, gently pushed him away and took two steps to the side, tripping over her own hooves and falling over in the process.

“Ah for one think it’s that varmit Zecora’s fault!” Applejack had to yell to be heard.

“She was putting nasty curses on us yesterday.” Rarity commented.

“Pht phhht!” Pinkie agreed angrily.

At that moment Spike happened to walk in on the bust out laughing scene. He, obviously, busted out laughing. “You, you all, bwahahaha! Oh, this is rich! What happened to you?”

“Zecora freakin’ cursed us yesterday!” Rainbow snapped. “Now something’s wrong with us all!”

“I notice nothing wrong with you.” Cobalt told her, lovingly nuzzling her cheek.

“Get offa me already!” Rainbow sidestepped again.

“Okay, I can tell what’s wrong with all the rest of you, but what’s up with Fluttershy?” Spike asked about the timid mare who had been silent up till then.

“Um, I don’t really want to talk about it.” Fluttershy answered in a voice even deeper than Morgan Freeman’s. Everypony stared at her with a look that clearly said ‘what now?’

Fluttershy blushed, embarrassed.

“Wait a minute, ah told Applebloom to meet us here. Where’d my little sister go?” Applejack demanded.

Twilight’s eyes grew wide and her pupils shrank to pinpricks. “Oh sweet Celestia. She went to see Zecora, didn’t she?”

Rarity gasped. “We’ve got to find her!”

“Wait, wait, wait!” Spike called before anypony could leave. “Before you go…” he pointed at each of his friends in turn and came up with funny names, earning ‘heys!’ and ‘whats!’. “We’ve got Hairity, Appletini, Flutterguy, Rainbow Crash, Spitty Pie, Lover Spikes, and, uh, I can’t think of one for you.” He addressed Twilight.

“Whatever!” Rainbow growled, hating the name, as it was the one she’d been bullied by as a filly. It stung, bringing back painful memories. “Can we go now? I’m sick of just sitting here!”

“Ride ‘em cowbow!” Applejack heliumed.

“Whatever you say, shorty.” Rainbow grumbled, as the was the one who had to carry her.

Five seconds after they left, Spike exclaimed, “I’ve got it! Twilight Flopple! I’m writing that down.”

DEEP IN THE FOREST

“There it is!” Twilight pointed.

“Great! Let’s bust in there and force her to change us back!” Rainbow exclaimed, sick of being unable to fly.

“I want my old mane back!” Rarity whined.

“Uh, I sort of don’t like this voice.” Fluttershy mumbled.

“Small is the pits!” Applejack complained.

“Frankly, I don’t mind.” Cobalt shrugged. “I see more clearly now than I ever did before."

"Shut up, Cobalt!" Rainbow groaned.

“Come on, let’s remember, there is probably a perfectly rational explanation for all of this, and we’re only here to get it.” Twilight reasoned, still unconvinced that their predicament, however funny it was to others, was simply explained. (This doesn’t make sense as she does magic and yet she won’t believe something is magic, but that’s the episode plot and I’m rolling with it.)

Pinkie took this as an opportunity to put in her song she’d been working on, and started spitting at Fluttershy in an attempt to get her to perform it. The two seemed to have a silent conversation that went something like this:

Fluttershy: No!

Pinkie: Oh come on, it’ll be cool.

Fluttershy: Just, no! It’s embarrassing!

Pinkie: Pleeease!

Eventually Fluttershy sighed in consent and started using the lowered voice to do the vocals, which I can’t remember so look up the episode yourselves.

ONE MILDLY GOOD SONG LATER

“Impressive.” Cobalt assented, giving an approving nod.

“Ah, this is a very good brew, good for making Applebloom stew!” The group heard from inside the hut.

Twilight’s eyes widened. “Wow. I had my doubts, but I guess Zecora really is evil.” She muttered, then lowered her voice to a whisper. “On my count. One, two, three!”

The seven busted open the door and charged inside, Twilight yelling, “Surrender Applebloom and change us back, or prepare for a fight!”

Zecora gazed at the scene, her surprise turning into a slow boil of anger. “Why have you broken down my door and are now breaking inside and spilling my brew on the floor!” she gestured to a spilled pot. “Though you finding me I do not know how, but deeds such as this I cannot allow!”

Twilight flinched as her conscience took a stab; this whole thing didn’t really seem to add up at all, and they were breaking and entering based on assumption alone.

In the most unexpected occurrence ever, Applebloom walked in through a doorway carrying a bottle of something in her mouth, but that was promptly dropped so she could talk, and what she did say was, “Applejack, what are you and your friends doin’ here?” she sounded more surprised than anything else.

“Applebloom?” Cobalt raised an eyebrow. “Well, I’m surprised you’re alive, but you do look quite striking in that pink bow.”

Applebloom glanced at Zecora. “He got it too?” the only response was a swift nod.

“Wait, wait, wait. Got what?” Rainbow demanded.

“Do you remember yesterday, when in fear you ran away? Those blue flowers you stood in, they were not your friend. They can cause you to be physically or mentally strange, and poison joke is their name. It is very similar to poison oak, but the temporary effects are much like a joke.” Zecora informed them.

“So, those things weren’t curses?” Twilight asked, feeling a twinge of guilt.

“No!” Applebloom beat Zecora to the punch. “Zecora was coming to town to get the supplies to make the antidote but everything was closed when she got there. That’s why I got some and brought it here.”

“Um, we’re really sorry about what happened today, and we perfectly understand if you don’t want to, but could you please let us use the antidote?” Twilight asked with a sheepish grin.

“I will since you apologized and you are forgiven, and besides, I need to talk to your friend.” She nodded to Cobalt.

LATER

The seven sat relaxing in a tub of pinkish liquid in the local spa, completely cured of the poison joke. Pinkie just couldn’t shut up about how hard it was to shut up.

“I just really hated it when I couldn’t talk and I was all spitting everywhere and it’s just so great to be able to talk about stuff and–” she was silenced when Rainbow placed a hoof over her mouth. “Pinkie, please. Is he cured yet?” she gestured to Cobalt.

“Lemme check.” Twilight volunteered. “Hey Cobalt!” he opened his eyes from a much needed doze. “What?”

Twilight snickered. “Do you love Rainbow Dash?”

Upon hearing this, Rainbow squirmed and seemed to be trying to sink into the earth.

Cobalt blushed. “Uh, well, um, is that a trick question?” he demanded.

“Yep, he’s back!” Pinkie agreed, performing a trintuple (times thirty) front flip and cannonballing.

“Where’s Applejack?” Rarity asked. “We didn’t happen to lose her, did we?”

“Nope!” Applejack called from on the floor. “Ah’m fine!” she six in the big tub looked down and saw Applejack sitting in a wooden bucket, having grown back to normal size.

Zecora trotted up to Cobalt and put a hoof on his forehead, nodding as she felt his aura. “Your mind is clouded, you see through closed doors, but I get the feeling this is yours.” She pulled a glowing green gem out of her cloak.

Cobalt choked on his own spit. “W-what?! Another chaos emerald? Where’d you get that?”

“A pegasus came by a few days ago and told me to go and find who this belongs to.” Zecora informed him.

“Can I have that for a second?” Cobalt asked eagerly, thinking maybe some of his memory might return.
He took it and tossed it from hoof to hoof. “Nothing.” He sighed. “Thanks anyway, Zecora.”

“Um, I wouldn’t say nothing happened.” Fluttershy said in her usual soft, feminine voice. She pointed at his flank and then blushed at how way far that could’ve been taken out of context (ya know, in a sexual sense).

Cobalt glanced back. “Whoa, what?” he gasped as his flank exploded in white light, but when it died down, his cutie mark was… different.

Applejack spat out some water. “What in tarnation?”

“A cutie mark appearing in two parts?” Rainbow raised an eyebrow. “That is so sweet!”

His mark had changed so that instead of only having the cyan emerald around a gold ring, the green emerald had been added in a small portion of a perfectly circular pattern.

Cobalt looked thoughtful. “Huh, maybe since, and keep in mind that I’m seriously extrapolating here, since my mark seems to gain one emerald for each one I come in contact with, if I can touch all seven it’ll be complete.”

Twilight nodded. “That’s sensible, well one more reason to find all of them, I suppose.” She sighed. “Wow we’ve got a lot on our plate. Okay, well, if we can make a plan then we’ve got it covered.”

Cobalt grinned. “No thanks, I’m just going to wing it.” He flapped into the air. “Get it? Wing it!” Everypony groaned at his terrible pun.

Author's Note:

Yay, I'm actually making chapters again! Well, that's a bit of a lie. I'm uploading them here again. This is actually from like a year and a half ago... wow. Anyways, I'm going to try to get back into uploading these here every now and then, so please leave your thoughts!

Comments ( 6 )

Suprisingly I think it was a nice idea for his poison joke illness, but I would have liked it, if he had changed his love Victim more often.
Well nice chapter, I can´t say much more tonight, it is a bit to late for that.

new chapter please

I hope you update this story soon, it's really good!

Cant wait for the next chapter!

Login or register to comment