• Published 19th Jan 2015
  • 1,275 Views, 30 Comments

All the Elements for Disaster - Radicool223



When a confused blue pegasus seeks help from Princess Celestia and gets sent for memory help to Twilight Sparkle right before the MLP FIM TV series, what could possibly go wrong? A lot, that's what.

  • ...
11
 30
 1,275

Friendship is Magic: Part 2

Hello, I’m not dead! Sorry this took so long, but I’ve had some things come us and I didn’t really get to this that much. Again, thank you for viewing.

Nightmare Moon’s fury was tempered by utter confusion for a small fraction of a second. “WHAT? WHY WOULD YOU CALL YOURSELF A HEDGEHOG IF YOU ARE CLEARLY A PEGASUS?!”

Cobalt facehooved. “Fine! Sonic the Pegasus then, happy?!” he pivoted on his front legs and bucked her in the face.

“YOU ARE GOING TO PAY FOR THAT YOU PEST!” Nightmare thundered, staggering backward.

Rainbow Dash slammed into the back of her head, having done a perfect one eighty. “Take that you jerk!”

“YOU WILL ALL SUFFER FOR YOU ACTIONS!” Nightmare Moon boomed. “IF YOU DARE TO TRY TO STOP MY NIGHT FROM LASTING FOREVER, THEN CONFRONT ME IN THE EVERFREE FOREST!”

With that, she disappeared into the same dark blue smoke as before and vanished.

ONE TITLE SEQUENCE LATER

Rainbow Dash and Cobalt landed next to their friends. The rest of the crowd had fled in terror.

“The Everfree Forest?!” Fluttershy’s voice quavered in fear.

Cobalt and Twilight exchanged a glance and then asked in unison. “What’s so bad about the Everfree Forest?”

“Oh, it’s just terrible, darlings!” a white unicorn with a lustrous blue mane whom Cobalt had specified as Rarity exclaimed.

“The trees grow by themselves!” Applejack said.

“The animals take care of themselves!” Fluttershy cried in fear.

“And the clouds move on their own!” Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie yelled in unison.

“I’ll admit that’s odd, but right now we need to find the elements of harmony to fight Nightmare Moon!” Twilight announced. “And the best way to do that is to try to find a book that locates them.”

“Which means we’re going back to the library.” Cobalt sighed.

“Ugh, I hate books!” Rainbow groaned. “Do we really have to Sonic, uh, Cobalt?” She narrowed her eyes in suspicion. “What’s up with that anyway?”

“I–I don’t know.” Cobalt stammered in confusion. “That name just came to me. I don’t even know what it means if it means anything at all. I… look, just keep calling me Cobalt for now.”

Rainbow Dash frowned even further, even more suspicious now, and with that added to her conflicting emotions toward him, she was really confused.

“Well, ah suggest that we discuss this later and focus on stoppin’ this Nightmare Moon nah.” Applejack reasoned.

“Humph, fine.” Dash agreed grudgingly.

Cobalt was so confused at that moment. He thought that Rainbow liked him, but her attitude had changed like the passing breeze. Girls were just so complicated.

The eight trotted (or in Cobalt and Rainbow’s case, flew, and in Spike’s case, ran) back to the library.

Twilight entered first, followed more slowly by the other seven. She started levitating hundreds of books off the shelves and desperately flipping through them.

“Elements of harmony, elements of harmony, come on!” she said angrily, her searching not uncovering anything.

“Found it!” Pinkie called happily, bouncing over with a heavy leather bound book.

Twilight gaped at how Pinkie had somehow found what they had been looking for before she had. “H-how?”

“It was under ‘E’!” Pinkie glowed.

Everypony but Pinkie facehooved.

“Okay then.” Cobalt said again, which brought a laugh from all of them, especially Rainbow Dash. For some reason she found his jokes a lot more funny than the others.

Twilight took the book and flipped through it. She quickly found the page that gave the general information and the location of the elements.
“Okay, says here that there are five known elements, and when the five are united the sixth will be revealed.” She read. “The elements are laughter, honesty, loyalty, generosity, kindness, and the sixth is unknown.”

“So where are they darling?” Rarity asked.

“Err, says they’re located in the old palace of the royal pony sisters. There’s a map here too.”

“Well, I could copy it and–” Spike began, but was interrupted as Twilight put her horn to the book page and it glowed a bit.

“Memory imprinting spell.” She informed them when she was done. “I now know it by heart.”

“Or you could do that.” Spike agreed.

“Spike, stay here.” Twilight ordered. “I’ve got to go!” she dashed out the door, only to have her way blocked by Rainbow Dash.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa!” Rainbow protested. “You’re not going anywhere without us!”

Cobalt flew over and joined Dash. “She’s right. We’re either coming with you or stopping you from hurting yourself.”

Twilight audibly growled. “Fine. I don’t know why you’d want to though.”

“Because you’re our friend.” Fluttershy said calmly, ‘eep’ing and jumping in the air when Pinkie accidentally tapped her shoulder.

“Face it. We’re coming with you whether you like it or not.” Cobalt said finally.

They exited the library in double file, with Twilight at the head and the others following in pairs. Spike stayed behind at Twilight’s orders to guard the library.

Cobalt stayed at the back of he line with RD for some reason. He couldn’t figure out why, but he liked to be around her.

When he noticed that her pupils were pinpricks, and her mane was frizzing up, he couldn’t help asking what was up.

“Oh, I’m just cold that’s all.” She replied shortly.

Cobalt raised an eyebrow. “You and I both know that’s not true.”

Her face glowed pink. “I’m just a teeny bit scared of the Everfree Forest.” She exhaled hard and blushed some more. “There. I said it. Happy?”

Cobalt moved a little closer to her and put his wing around her back (it’s the pegasus equivalent of sort of a discreet hug). “Don’t worry Dash. If it gets really scary you can hold my hoof.”

She smiled. “Thanks.” As they had reached the forest, she pulled free of his wing and started to put on a show of her usual cocky bravado near the front of the line.

Cobalt blinked as he realized that Dash had just shown him a side of herself she’d probably never shown anyone else. He blushed. She must really trust him. He hadn’t thought about it much, but he kind of liked her. As in like liked her. His wings stretched out as he thought about her.

Rainbow prowled around low to the ground. “Do you all remember the rumors about the Everfree Forest?” she asked in a low, growly voice. “There are monsters and predators that would eat you up in a second.” She made her way behind a bush. “And when you least expect it, they pop out of nowhere!” she burst out of the bush, scaring poor Fluttershy so much that she fell over, quivering.

“Stop it Rainbow! You’re gonna give Fluttershy a heart attack!” Applejack reprimanded her.

Rainbow let out a giggle. “Yeah, sorry.”

Cobalt snickered, and then whacked his hoof on something while walking. After hopping around for a few moments muttering ‘ow, ow, ow’, he bent down and examined it.

It was a cyan blue jewel, in the general shape of a diamond, an emerald he decided, and it was so polished that Cobalt could see his reflection in it, despite it having been in the woods for who knows how long. He was sure that the others had walked over that same spot before him, and got a sinking feeling that the emerald had appeared just for him.

“Cobalt, what’s keeping you?” he heard Twilight call from ahead.

“Uh, I found something.” He called back. “I think it’s important.”

While the others doubled back to join him, he picked up the emerald in his teeth and flipped it up in the air, catching it in his hoof.

Rarity was the first to see it. “Oh my stars!” she exclaimed. “This will simply go perfect on my next design! You must let me have it my dear Cobalt!”

“Ah, no.” Cobalt said, moving the emerald a little ways away from her. “I think this is significant to my past somehow, as weird as that sounds. I think I’m–”

His eyes flashed and he was transported into the realms of his subconscious.

His vision was black except for flashes of random color.

“Hah! You won’t stop me this time, you blue pest!” a voice said, and a round red color splotch appeared.

“Think again, Egg-butt!” he heard himself yell. He felt a severe sense of warmth and power along with a feeling of seven powerful jewels around him, including the cyan one. And then a flash of yellow enveloped his vision.

He was thrown back into the present quite suddenly. Rainbow Dash was slapping him in the face, her expression one of worry and fear.

“Wake up, Cobalt!” she cried.

“Ow.” He muttered.

Rainbow’s face broke out in a smile, and tears, hopefully of relief, formed in her eyes. She hugged him tightly. “Oh I’m glad you’re okay.”

“I might pass out again if you squeeze me any tighter!” He choked, already having black spots appearing in his vision.

She let him go. “Sorry.”

“Um, Cobalt, two things.” Twilight said. “One, you might want one of us to carry that thing for you so you don’t pass out again, and two, look at your flank.”

After an immediate thought of, why the heck are you staring at my flank?, Cobalt set down the emerald and turned around. A design had appeared on his flank that he knew hadn’t been there before. It was a gold yellow ring with the blue emerald on the exterior, placed like there were other things meant to surround the ring as well.

“A cutie mark!” Pinkie exclaimed.

“A what now?” Cobalt asked in confusion.

“A cutie mark.” Twilight explained. “It’s the mark that appears on a pony’s flank when they realize their special talent.” Her eyes clouded with confusion. “But I don’t think that mark is related to any special talent at all.”

“Oh, so that’s what the tattoos on your flanks mean.” Cobalt realized. “I thought that was just personal preference.”

“Nope!” RD exclaimed, flying up next to him. “Mine’s pretty cool, right?”

“Yeah.” Cobalt agreed. “Well, enough dawdling. Let’s get moving.” He stowed the emerald in his mane and started to walk again.

It wasn’t long before the seven found a cliff edge that seemed too steep to climb down.

“Ohh, we’ll never get there now.” Fluttershy fretted.

“Ah, c’mon Fluttershy, are you a pegasus or what?” Rainbow chastised.

With everypony distracted, no one noticed the dark smoke that broke the cliff off the edge.

Cobalt, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy were fine, as they simply unfolded their wings and hovered, but the rest were sliding down the incline at a scarily fast speed.

Twilight managed to grab a hoofhold on a rock very near the edge of the drop-off, and she held on for dear life, not knowing any spells to levitate herself. Suddenly Applejack appeared beside her, not holding onto the cliff.

“Just let go Twilight!” she called. “Let go and you’ll be okay!”

“ARE YOU NUTS!?” Twilight erupted. “If I let go I’ll fall, and if I fall, I’ll die, and if I die we’ll never find the elements!”

“I’m not lyin’, sugarcube!” Applejack insisted. “Let. Go.”

Twilight closed her eyes. “Sweet Celestia help me.” She muttered, and let go. She felt the terrifying sensation of falling, and then felt something grab her hoof.

She opened her eyes and saw Cobalt grinning down at her, straining and sweating with the effort of carrying both her and Applejack.

She glanced farther up the slope and saw Rainbow Dash carrying Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy keeping Rarity from falling. She breathed a loud sigh of relief.

Cobalt and the other pegasi lowered the others into the forest below, and Cobalt nearly passed out from exhaustion.

They waited a second to regenerate, and then carried on. Eventually they came across an area of particularly menacing looking trees.
Cobalt noticed the others starting to tremble, and Dash’s mane and tail frizzing more than usual. Except Pinkie. She was busy laughing at the faces (*Cough* Wizard of Oz *Cough*) on the trees. She began rolling on the ground.

He took a risk. “What are you doing Pinkie?”

“Duh, I’m laughing at the scary trees!” she gasped in between giggles.

“Um, why?”

“Because when I was little, I used to get scared of all the scary faces in the dark, but then I just learned to laugh at them and make them go away!”

[Cue background soundtrack]

ONE UNPLANNED AND ANNOYING SONG LATER

“Laaaugh!” Pinkie finished, making the last of the tree faces disappear.

“I must admit, Pinkie Pie, that was a rather amusing song.” Rarity confessed.

“It gave me the funny hiccups.” Fluttershy agreed, hiccupping to prove her point.

“That song had swag.” Cobalt and Rainbow said at the same time, then both blushed.

“Woulda been better with a banjo.” Applejack commented.

“Great job Pinkie!” Twilight praised. “Now we’re one step closer!”

The group carried on deeper into the forest and soon came across a bridge with their side attached and the other hanging into the ravine below.

"Ha!” Dash laughed confidently. “I’ve got this.” She flew into the pit and grabbed the other side of the bridge, then flew that up to the other side and started to attach it to the posts.

Then the wisp of smoke appeared again and solidified into the forms of three pegasi in black and purple uniforms.

“Hello Rainbow Dash.” One of them said, startling her. She jumped up into the air and slowly landed again.

“Uh, yeah?” she asked cautiously, not expecting to see pony folk this deep into the woods.

“We have heard tales of your remarkable feats from those on the outside.” The same shadow pegasus spoke again.

Rainbow stuck her chest out in pride. “That’s right.”

“We would like you to join our team of fliers.” The same shadow pony said. “We are the Shadowbolts! The best flying team in the Everfree Forest and soon all Equestria!”

“Sounds awesome!” Dash exclaimed, getting in to it. “But first I have to fix this bridge so my friends can get across.”

“No!” the shadow pegasus roared, surprising Rainbow to no end. “It’s either them or us.”

The ultimatum shocked her for a second, causing her to sweat.

“You.” Rainbow sighed eventually. The shadow entity grinned in triumph, until Rainbow continued her sentence. “No thank you, I mean. Really, it sounds great, but I’m a teeny bit more concerned with stopping Nightmare Moon at the moment. Thanks, but no thanks.” She turned her back and proceeded fixing the bridge. The Shadowbolts growled in frustration and disappeared into the same black smoke as before.

The others crossed the bridge and Cobalt hugged Rainbow, making her blush.

Two words.” He declared. “You are awesome.” She smiled and hugged him back. “I heard it all.” He added quietly.

“Ahem.” Twilight interrupted. “Not to interrupt a moment or anything, but we’ve got to get moving.”

Dash and Cobalt broke away, embarrassed, and moved on with their friends.

Eventually they crossed paths with a river and its dragon, who was sobbing for some reason and making the river roil with his thrashing.

“We’re never going to get across at this rate.” Twilight said analytically.

“Oh my moustache, my beautiful moustache!” the dragon cried.

Cobalt put a hoof to his chin to think. “Maybe if I kick it?” he wondered, earning death glares from the others.

“Oh, he seems so sad.” Fluttershy said, concerned for the dragon’s welfare.

Rarity spotted the problem. She walked right up to the dragon and tapped his arm to get his attention. “Excuse me kind sir, I was walking by and I couldn’t help but notice your terrible fashion problem.”

“I know, it’s terrible!” the dragon wailed.

“Oh yes, a nice gentleman like you should never have to suffer such a misery such as this!” she said, pouring on the flattery, while carefully examining his scales.

“Really?” the dragon sniffled. Meanwhile, Applejack rolled her eyes.

“Yes, and I have just the thing to fix this!” Rarity exclaimed, plucking off a scale from the dragon’s side and slashing off her own tail to just a few inches left. “Here, take it.” she said, offering it to the dragon.

“Really?” the dragon asked.

“Of course.”

The dragon smiled and took the tail, sticking it to the un-moustached side of his snout. He stopped thrashing and that was enough to let the ponies cross the river, except Cobalt, who flew because of a deep-rooted hatred of water.

“Uhh, are ya sure yer okay with yer tail there Rarity?” Applejack asked, looking at her friend strangely.

“Oh yes, I simply couldn’t let such a crime against fashion go unhealed. Besides,” she added, hesitating. “It’ll grow back.”

“So would the moustache.” Rainbow muttered under her breath. Applejack held back a laugh as Cobalt and Rainbow discreetly high-hoofed.

The seven carried on to a section of forest where they heard a stomping noise followed by an enraged roaring.

“Well that can’t be good.” Cobalt sighed, his shoulders sagging.

He was right, as a manticore came snarling out of the shadows where the roar had come from.

Rarity came up to it first. “Sir, I must say that your snarling is quite ungentlemanly and–” was all she could get out before being grabbed and thrown by the manticore.

“Wait.” Fluttershy called quietly from the sidelines.

Pinkie approached it next, laughing at it like it was the funniest joke in the world, but was backhanded away.

“Wait.” Fluttershy tried again.

Twilight tried to run up and use some kind of spell, but got punted like a football into a tree.

“Wait.” Fluttershy whispered, beginning to get slightly agitated.

Applejack tried brute force and simply charged the beast with her lasso ready (no idea where she got that), but the manticore simply slapped her through the air.

“All yours, Rainbow!” she yelled as she flew backward.

“Wait.” Fluttershy called, more loudly.

Dash arial charged the mythical monster, but was grabbed and stuffed into its jaws. As she was to big to eat whole, the manticore simply bit down harder and harder, making her scream in agony.

Cobalt’s vision went red, and before Fluttershy could even say anything, he screamed, “LEAVE HER ALONE!” and launched himself at top speed into the manticore’s gut.

The lion headed beast spit Rainbow out motionless on the ground and lost wind from the impact, desperately clawing at Cobalt to get him off. He was flung next to Dash on the ground, his sides heaving and blood seeping from a claw mark.

The rest were about to charge the manticore again when Fluttershy shed her politeness and screamed, “WAIT!”

Everyone (and thing) stopped, and the only sound was of the crickets chirping and Fluttershy treading across the grass to the manticore.

“Oh, you’re just a bit hurt aren’t you?” she cooed, stroking the manticore’s arm. “Show me where you’re hurting, big fella.”

The sharp fanged monster lifted a paw and whined like a sad dog. The problem was obvious now, a thorn driven deep in to the creature’s pad.

“It’s just a little splinter making you so mad, isn’t it?” Fluttershy asked, and the manticore nodded. “That’s okay, I’ll just take that out and you’ll be good as new.” She then took one big heave and pulled the thorn out, the manticore letting out a stifled mew. It examined its pad, then Fluttershy, then picked her up, licking her affectionately like a cat.

The rest had regrouped, dragging Rainbow and Cobalt, who had lost consciousness due to their injuries. The manticore let Fluttershy down and trudged away into the wilderness.

“I’ve just got one question.” Twilight asked as they looked for a sheltered place to tend to their friend’s wounds. “How did you know about the thorn?”

“I didn’t.” Fluttershy said happily. “Sometimes everybody just needs a little sympathy.”

ONE MINUTE LATER

The five ponies still awake had managed to find a rocky cliff hanging over a grassy area, and set down their two half dead friends. Fluttershy used her medical knowledge to stop the bleeding and clean the wounds, and Twilight made them scab over more quickly than normal with a spell.

Cobalt woke up again, wincing at the pain on his left side as he tried to stand. “Oh.” He groaned. “I think it broke my wing.” He tried to stretch his left wing and flinched, just resisting shouting in agony. His wing was definitely broken.

He managed to get onto his hooves and his vision fell on Rainbow Dash, who was still lying in a puddle of her own blood, that having flowed before her friends could stop it. He could see several scabs where the fangs had pierced her flesh, and inhaled sharply when he saw her mangled wings. They were twisted beyond what should be possible, and covered with blood.

His friends followed his gaze and knew what he was thinking. Rainbow might never fly again.

Her eyes started to flutter open, reassuring everyone that she wasn’t dead, and at once she screamed at the pain that wracked her nervous system. She visibly bit her tongue to hold another outburst, and gradually moved her eyes to her own wings.

She didn’t scream, she didn’t shout, or do anything of the sort. Silent tears began to fall from her eyes and everyone knew she must have been dying on the inside. Her flying was everything to her. Take that away and she was just a weak teenage filly without a job or a dream.
Slowly she staggered into a standing position and stopped the tears, putting on a determined expression.

“Well?” she asked angrily, her voice cracking. “We’ve got a world to save. Let’s get a move on!” The others silently nodded, even Pinkie seemed solemn, and they slowly filed out of the cave.

Their journey finally brought them to their destination. The ancient castle of the royal pony sisters, but nobody felt triumphant, only sad or nervous at what had already happened and what was to come.

Twilight turned to give a pep talk, but when she opened her mouth to speak, nothing came out. She settled for a determined nod that was returned by the rest. They entered the hall and walked to the end, where the elements were placed in a circle on respective designs on the floor, all pointing to the center of the circle.

“Well, we’ve found them.” Twilight commented. “Now what?”

“I’LL TELL YOU WHAT!” a ridiculously loud voice boomed from the walls. Really dark blue smoke seeped from the cracks in the walls and into the room, solidifying once again into the dark alicorn. “I WILL SIMPLY DESTROY THEM!” Nightmare Moon stomped her hoof on the ground, making the elements float into the air in slow-mo and shatter.

Twilight’s pupils went pinprick and she gasped, her surprise quickly turning into rage at the thought of coming all this way and suffering the loss of Rainbow’s wings for nothing. She launched herself at the surprised Nightmare, who teleported away along with Twilight and the elements.

Twilight’s friends yelled her name and quickly started searching everywhere.

MEANWHILE IN THE HALL OF JUSTICE (just kidding)

ONE TELEPORTATION LATER

Nightmare Moon and Twilight appeared in what was supposed to be the throne room of the old castle, and the element pieces fell to the floor.

“WHY DO YOU STILL PUT UP SUCH A FIGHT?!” Nightmare wondered. “I HAVE THE ELEMENTS AND HAVE WON!”

Twilight heard her friends coming down the hall behind her and was struck with a sudden realization, making her grin in pre-triumph. “You think you can destroy the elements just like that? The elements can’t be destroyed, as the real elements are not stones, but the spirits that embody them.”

“WHAT?” Nightmare roared.

Her friends entered the room and saw the confrontation. They glanced at Twilight’s expression and immediately understood she was about to make a big move.

“Applejack, telling the truth at the falling cliff, is honesty!” four element fragments flew up around Applejack and lifted her into the air, glowing orange and filling her with energy.

“Pinkie Pie, with her abundant joy even in the face of terror, is laughter!” four more element pieces circled Pinkie and lifted her into the air, glowing light blue.

“Rarity, with her willingness to give, even at the cost of her own happiness, is generosity!” Rarity was lifted into the air by four more element pieces, glowing purple.

“Fluttershy, for her care to those whom others think don’t deserve it, is kindness!” Fluttershy covered her eyes as her yellow pigmented element fragments lifted her skyward.

“Rainbow Dash, never abandoning her friends at any temptation, is loyalty!” Rainbow’s sullen expression disappeared, replaced by wonder as her glowing red element fragments circled her, making the blood trails on her wings and her side and completely fixing her fatally wounded wings.

“And the spirit that binds them all together is me, magic!” Twilight finished, her eyes glowing pure white and a tiara with her lavender cutie mark as its centerpiece appearing on her head.

She floated into the air along with her friends, whose element fragments had become gilded necklaces with the centerpieces being their cutie marks and been strapped around their necks.

“HA!” Nightmare exclaimed. “YOU THINK THAT JUST THE POWERS OF HARMONY ALONE CAN DEFEAT ME? PURE HARMONY CANNOT AFFECT ME!”

Cobalt got struck with realization too. “Which is why they need a little bit of disharmony to go with it!” He quickly brought out the emerald that he’d found earlier and tossed it in the air. It flew toward him like the little force of gravity he generated was enough to do so, and it dissolved into his chest. He radiated cyan for a second, and then his fur and mane seemed to glow a little yellow and his emerald eyes took on a bit of red tint.

He hovered in the air with the other six and grinned. “I am chaos.”

An easily viewable rainbow flowed out of the seven of them, punctuated with occasional lightning strikes from Cobalt’s chaotic force.

“NO! NO! NOOOOO!” Nightmare Moon screamed as the rainbow enveloped her and expanded into a (nonlethal) multicolored explosion.

When the light had cleared from the seven’s eyes, they were back on the ground, still wearing their elements (Cobalt was holding the emerald), and back to normal.

Nightmare Moon, now to be called Princess Luna, had shrunk down to the size of a normal pony, and did not radiate an aura of darkness any more.

“Did we win?” Twilight asked dazedly with a grin, swaying on her hooves, and then falling on her side, utterly too tired to stay conscious.

[Commercial break begin]
It’s radical!
*Chug, chug, chug*
Radical!
*Chug, chug, chug*
Drink it!
[Commercial break end]

The next scene is back in Ponyville where Celestia is commending Twilight and her friends on her work, having heard seven different versions of the story.

“I am sure now that Princess Luna is back to normal, she will not cause anymore trouble, am I right sister?” she asked pointedly.

Luna nodded, embarrassed at her insane actions.

“Now that your duties are over, are you glad to go back to your studies at the Canterlot library?” Celestia asked with a note of amusement.

Twilight bit her tongue in apprehension, as she wanted to stay so badly. “Umm, about that, Princess, I sort of want to stay, is it pos–”

Celestia cut her off, knowing what she was going to ask next. “I thought you might say that. How about this? You may continue your studies here in Ponyville, sending me a report each week about what you have learned about the magic of friendship?”

In the background both Cobalt and Rainbow facehooved at the sappy, sentimental sound of that phrase.

“Oh, can I?” Twilight asked enthusiastically. Celestia nodded. “Yes please!”

With that resolved, all the others started high-hoofing and cheering.

Amidst this, Celestia leaned her head near Twilight’s ear when the others were looking away. “Keep an eye on that Cobalt fellow. I sense that there is something about him that will bring a change to Equestria.”

Twilight nodded dutifully, and the last scene was of Cobalt and Rainbow giving each other a friendly hug.

ONE ENDING CREDITS LATER