• Published 31st Aug 2014
  • 1,219 Views, 68 Comments

Ghouls - Tomsketchit



What if, long ago, primitive ponies ate meat as well as plants? What if, when most ponies turned to farming the land, the meat-eaters were chased away into the caves. And what if they still survived today?

Comments ( 15 )

So, the ghouls travel to the surface now, do they?

5429326 Only at night, when extremely desperate for food. Don't forget, 'Ghoul' means eater of the dead basically. It would stand to reason that if a cemetery happened to be close to one of the entrances to their caverns, they'd come out when they could to feed.

5430050 Well, beggars can't be picky, Omnomnomnomnomnom!

5736415 Thank you kindly!

Things are getting juicy

5856577 Hm. I see your point. I'll definitely have to try that in the future.

Writing's never been my strong suit. I've always been more of an artist.

I am genuinely surprised this fic actually creeped me out good job man good job.:moustache:

You know... This whole ghoul thing reminded me of the wendigos from Until Dawn. Was this based off of the Wendigo Mythology? Not the game, cause this came out far later than that, the actual mythology and legends of Wendigos.

6570484 No, not really. It was actually inspired by the ghouls of HP Lovecraft's stories. Sub-human(pony), subterranean creatures that come to the surface to feast on human(pony) flesh.

I can see the similarities, but if I wanted to do wendigoes then I would likely place the setting in the woods, possibly with a small group of ponies that get lost, one of whom would then be possessed and start eating his friends while slowly transforming into a deformed monster.

You know, like that one story here on Fimfic that is actually about wendigoes. Can remember the title, but I think it was something simple, like Windigo or something.

Also, just looked into that game. Looks cool.

You mind if i make some drawings of the Ghouls? (I may label them under the original Arabian Ghul, since I already have a pic of an H.P. Lovecraft ghoul adapted to my version of the MLPverse. It's not an equine, it's a primate related to the baboon.)

7560286
Sure! I actually have a few drawings of my own on my Tumblr of the different types of ghouls.

7564184 mind sending me links? i'd love some references!

This reminds me exactly like
A sound in the dark

I love this idea, mind if I try using it, or something like it sometime in one of my stories? this is pretty damned cool

I would love to see this continue in some form or another.

Login or register to comment