• Published 25th Jul 2014
  • 341 Views, 4 Comments

Luna's Mission - kalawoof



Starburst, Darkecho, Princess Luna, and Zecora must top some of King Sombra's followers from resurrecting their crystal king!

  • ...
 4
 341

Chapter 1

Starburst, a gray Pegasus mare with a black mane and tail with a white stripe through it, walked out her front door to another day in Ponyville. She heard her little brother, Night, lock the door behind her like he did every morning, without any luck. Night was a colt with one prosthetic wing and scars. He had the same coloring as Starburst, except he had a blue stripe instead of white. He didn’t have a cutie mark yet. Starburst’s was a shooting star.

“You know that never works!” Starburst yelled through the door at him.

“Shut up! They’ll know I’m here if you’re talking to me!” he yelled back. Soon after he said that, she heard a crash in her house. She put her ear up to the door and heard Night screaming,

“No! No! Why?!” Suddenly, silence came. The door unlocked and she saw Sweetie Belle, Applebloom, and Scootaloo dragging Night out. “Come on, we told you we had a crusader meeting!” Sweetie Belle said.

“I was forced! I didn't even want to join!” he argued. They let him stand up, and he gave up. He followed without another word knowing that he had lost this time. Starburst grinned, then noticed the cross-eyed mail pony flapping towards her.

“Uh… letter for you!” she said, handing an envelope to Starburst.

“Thanks!” she replied. Derpy flew away as Star started to read.

“Starburst, while the representatives of the Elements of Harmony are on their own mission given by my sister, Princess Celestia, I have my own mission for you. Please gather a team of strong, trustworthy ponies and meet me at the royal castle in Canterlot. Signed, Princess Luna,” the letter read.

“What? What’s going on?” Star said to herself. She put the letter in her saddle bag and started off to find her friends. The first place she went to was Vinyl and Octavia’s house.

“Hello?” she yelled as she knocked on the door. She then noticed a paper taped to the door.

“Off camping for some roommate bonding time,” it said.

Star scratched her head with a hoof and mumbled, “Camping? They both HATE camping!” She started walking again, looking for more ponies that might be willing to help.

She bumped into Derpy again, and immediately said, “I got the letter from Princess Luna, do you want to come on a mission with me?”

Derpy looked a little sad as she replied, “Sorry, but I have work… and I have to fix a roof that I fell through yesterday.”

Star shrugged and said, “It’s fine! I’m sure I can find someone else!” Derpy waved as Starburst walked off again. She ran into more and more ponies who all seemed to be busy, or just didn't want to go.

“Hey, Big Mac! You’re strong! Do you want to come on a mission from Princess Luna with me?” she asked the big red stallion.

“Nope!” he replied.

She sighed as she said, “Let me guess, you have too many chores?”

He nodded and stated, “Eeyup!” He started to walk off with a big load of apples.

“Wait! Do you think you could watch Night for me while I’m gone?” Starburst yelled after him. He looked up in thought, then nodded his head. She thanked him, then soared into the sky toward the Everfree forest, for some desperate need of help.