• Published 25th Jul 2014
  • 341 Views, 4 Comments

Luna's Mission - kalawoof



Starburst, Darkecho, Princess Luna, and Zecora must top some of King Sombra's followers from resurrecting their crystal king!

  • ...
 4
 341

Chapter 2

Starburst swerved through the trees. Ducking under branches, turning sideways through split boulders, until she got to a hut carved into a tree. She knocked a few times, then realized that it was completely dark inside of the hut, even though it was still midday. “Zecora’s usually home right now!” she complained.

“She went to Phillydelphia. Some kind of weird flu broke out there and they needed her help,” a calm, stallion’s voice spoke. Star whipped around to see her friend, Darkecho coming out of the shadows of the trees. The black unicorn, who had some zebra blood in him that gave him three white stripes on his neck, white muzzle and hooves, walked up to her and smiled, showing his sharp teeth.

“Hey! I was actually just going to ask her for some help. Everyone back at Ponyville is busy and I need to go meet Princess Luna in Canterlot for a mission! I’m supposed to gather a team of ponies, but I can’t find anyone!” she whined. Darkecho put up a hoof to shut her up.

“I can go, I never have anything to do,” he said.

Starburst beamed and yelled, “Then lets go!” She shot up into the sky and flew off.

Darkecho’s horn glowed light blue, and he started to float. His main magic talent was levitating himself. He followed as quickly as he could until she stopped above the train station. They payed for their tickets and took the Canterlot train.

It took until the next morning to get there. A royal pegasus guard was waiting for them. “Is this all you could gather?” he asked Star. She sadly nodded. He shrugged and started to fly, waving a hoof for them to follow. They both started flying and the three of them went straight to the castle. Darkecho stared in amazement at all the windows and the interior decorating, since he lived in the Everfree Forest.

Luna entered the main room, looking a little disappointed. “I’m sorry, everyone else was busy! I could only get Darkecho!” Starburst instantly apologized as she bowed.

“It’s okay, maybe it’s better to have a smaller group, but I’ll be going with you, too,” Luna explained. Starburst stood,raised an eyebrow and tilted her ripped ear a little.

“What? But you’re a princess! If you… get hurt, how do you think that would affect Princess Celestia?” Star asked.

“She’ll be fine, she’ll do as she did when I was banished to the moon. She will raise the sun, and the moon,” Luna argued. Star decided it was pointless to try to persuade her.

“Okay… so what are we up against?” she asked.

“There’s a new threat. A unicorn pony has discovered some of the dark crystals that King Sombra has left behind. They attached themselves to his horn and made it so he couldn’t us his magic, so he came running to us for help. Apparently, they are made by some of his followers. They are attempting to capture as many ponies as they can and resurrect their king. The crystals have also been attaching themselves to pegasus wings to take away their flying magic so they can’t escape, and earth ponies’ hooves to take away their strength so they don’t fight back. They are collecting an army of slaves to present to him when he returns,” Luna informed.