• Published 25th Jul 2014
  • 341 Views, 4 Comments

Luna's Mission - kalawoof



Starburst, Darkecho, Princess Luna, and Zecora must top some of King Sombra's followers from resurrecting their crystal king!

  • ...
 4
 341

Chapter 6

Big Mac and Night went into quick action two nights later when Midnight struck.. None of Sombra's followers worked during the day. They tiptoed out of the bunk room and past the crystals, picking up some potions on their way to the prison. Night went up to the guards and tried to persuade them to leave. “We were send by Luckyblaze to take over,” Night said. It didn’t take much convincing. The guards were tired and relieved to get some rest.

When they were gone, Night plucked off one of his metal feathers. Big Mac gave him a concerned look. “Don’t worry, they can slip right back in, I just unlocked this from its place, I’ll put it back,” Night explained about his prosthetic. He picked the lock with the feather and ran in to his unconscious sister. Big Mac ran to help Luna.

Big Mac tilted Luna’s head back and dumped the potion in. She woke up coughing after the crystals fell off. Soon, Star was awake, too. “What was that?” she sputtered. Night held up the empty bottle.

“What are you doing here?! Big Mac, you were supposed to watch him, not bring him on some dangerous journey!” Star lectured. Luna placed a hoof on Star’s shoulder that made her go quiet.

“Give some of that potion to Darkecho and Zecora, then we’ll leave to see if we can gather a force big enough to take over this cave and operation,” Luna commanded.

They quickly got the others conscious and began to sneak out. “How did you even get in here?” Star whispered. Night explained,

“Well, we went to Canterlot since Big Mac finished his chores early and found out that you had already left for Fillydelphia. One of the guards told us that you were looking for a cave, so we got on the train and found the cave, but you were already inside being captured, so we listened to what was going on.. We hid from a pony that was checking the surroundings and Big Mac knocked him down and I took this necklace. After that it was easy.”

“Eeyup,” Big Mac said in pride. The team froze at the end of the tunnel from the prison where they saw almost the whole army that was there.

“Did you really think I didn’t suspect anything?” Luckyblaze yelled. Night’s ears flipped back.

“Hold them back, I’ll do the ritual when the others get here. They should arrive any minute,” Luckyblaze said. Starburst knew it was pointless to fight this many ponies, so she stood frozen with her friends.

“Run back to the prison. Release the prisoners and give them what’s left of the potions we used. I’m sure they’ll help us,” Starburst whispered through her gritted teeth. They shot off running back to the prison. Starburst used her fighting in the small tunnel that made it easier. Those that were knocked out by her hooves helped make a barricade between them and Sombra’s followers.

After a few minutes, more ponies were running to the rescue with Luna, Big Mac, Night, Zecora, and Darkecho at the lead. They burst out of the tunnel fighting the supporters, until a bloodcurdling scream echoed through the cavern. The supporters, and Starburst’s team froze in fear as they saw the crumpled form of Luckyblaze on the ground. He writhed on the ground in pain. Purple smoke was streaming out of his eyes and his wings turned to dark crystals. A red, jagged horn tore itself through his skull and his fur turned black and gray, with armor covering it. He stopped screaming when Sombra completely took over his body, transforming it into his own.