• Published 25th Jul 2014
  • 341 Views, 4 Comments

Luna's Mission - kalawoof



Starburst, Darkecho, Princess Luna, and Zecora must top some of King Sombra's followers from resurrecting their crystal king!

  • ...
 4
 341

Chapter 9

At Canterlot, Princess Celestia met them at the station. “How did your mission go?” she asked with a smile. The group got off, looking sadly at the Princess.

“Oh, what happened?” she asked.

Luna walked off last and said, “I will tell you tonight before we leave again. I need to gather three of my night guards so Canterlot can still have enough protection at night.”

Celestia nodded and began walking to the castle. “Where are we going to sleep?” Zephyr asked.

Luna turned her head and said, “We can sleep on the train.” Zephyr looked a little sad, but accepted it. Star stopped Big Mac and Night.

“You two, go back to Ponyville. I want Night out of danger and if any enemy gets to Ponyville, you had better protect him,” she lectured. They didn’t look very happy, but they went back to the train.

That night, they boarded the train with three night guards. They didn’t seem like they were the type to talk, so Starburst left the introductions for themselves when they felt the need. The army of thirteen sat in their own car. Everyone stayed awake going over battle plans or playing little games. They realized how close they were to the Empire, then Salvage slipped his rifle off his back.
“His followers are already capturing the crystal ponies!” Jimmy Casket yelled. They shoved their faces against the windows, watching as some ponies tackled, punched, or kicked others. Those that were captured lost their crystal shine and were put into shackles. There were lines and lines leading to the castle.

“We took too long. We have to get past them and to the castle,” Keylime Cutie Pie said with a glare.

“Good idea, lets go!” Star yelled as she started to open the window.

“Jumping from a moving train, will probably bring us a world of pain,” Zecora said, putting a hoof on Star’s shoulder.

“Oh, please. We have nine pegasi with us, along with an alicorn, plus a unicorn who can fly. Keylime and you can hitch a ride with some of us!” Star said, not meaning to disrespect Zecora, jumped out of the window and took shelter in a bush.

The guards helped Zecora out while Era and Ruby helped Keylime out. “Lets go,” Star ordered when they had all met up.

“Wait, we need to rest. We haven’t slept for a couple days,” Luna said. Star realized at that comment how tired she was. They huddled in the bushes, except for the night guards who had been sleeping all day. They watched through the branches, making sure they weren’t attacked. The team was spread out in three large bushes, which was luckily how many guards were with them.

They could see each other, and two saw one of them sit up straight, and alert. They looked to where he was staring and saw an earth pony stallion with ruffled hair walking past the bushes. He stopped, feeling like he was being watched. He flicked a piece of his white mane out of his eyes. His fur was electric blue, and cutie mark was a pencil with paper.

“Wh-who’s there?” he whispered, not wanting to be caught by anyone. One of the guards nodded to the others, and they surrounded him as quickly as they could.

“Who are you,” one spoke.

The stallion stammered, “I-I’m Flicker!” He crouched in fear.

“Are you a supporter of King Sombra?” the guard interrogated.

“N-no, please don’t take me to him!” he begged.

The guards relaxed. The commotion woke up Era, who trotted out of hiding.

“Please, go back in the bush. We’re leaving in the morning,” a guard said. She shook her head and helped Flicker up.

“You can stay with us, we’re planning to take back the Empire,” she told him. He let out a sigh of relief to see a friendly face. The guards ushered them into hiding, and continued their watch.

Owner of Salvage: +Collin Parks
Owner of Jimmy Casket: +Jimmy Casket
Owner of Zephyr: +PeaceyPraps
Owner of Keylime Cutie Pie: +Linnisa B
Owner of Ruby Love: +Rayelle Kushner
Owner of Era: +Xx AuraLight xX