• Published 12th Apr 2012
  • 15,990 Views, 1,050 Comments

When The Wind Changes - Symphony



Discord is free again, but this time some changes occured.

  • ...
59
 1,050
 15,990

Innocent Minds No More

Discord shrugged with his wings. It felt great to have them back. He could finally fly again and not be grounded and without any strength at all. Celestia actually did something nice to him when he had been just a pain in the flank to her. Discord spread his wings and took off, leaving Twilight Sparkle coughing in the dust.


He kept on climbing in altitude. His horn helped him slash through the wind resistance like a knife. When he was satisfied with the altitude, Discord went into a barrel roll, spinning like a goldish-grey tornado. Discord closed his eyes so he wouldn’t lose focus and misjudge his drop. He crashed through three clouds, making them implode into a cascade of water and cloud stuff. Discord turned against the direction he was rolling and stabilized.


After a few minutes of taking it easy, he started accelerating. He was furiously pumping his wings and gritting his teeth. The wind was whipping his eyes, making it difficult to keep them open. He flew above the town, did a few flips and loops. The townsponies was looking at him in awe but one certain cyan pegasus was not amused.


Discord did one last outdrawn and lazy loop close to the ground, snapped his wings to his sides, made a backflip and landed with a great thump, kicking up more dust with his arrival. He strode out from the cloud of dust with a smirk. His mane had been slicked back from the wind, making it look kempt instead of unruly and messy. A couple of mares whistled at him as he passed them. He ignored them and kept on walking.


Discord passed Rainbow Dash and flicked his tail on the tip of her nose. She whipped her head back and growled.


’‘Hey!’’ Rainbow called after him. Discord stopped and turned his head to her.


’‘What? Want some tips on flying?’’ Discord smirked.


Rainbow growled again and gritted her teeth. It didn’t feel like such a bad idea to place him back in the hospital right now. ’‘You think you’re a hotshot in the air?’’ She puffed out her chest.


’’Oh, I don’t think I am, I know I am.’’ Discord walked towards Rainbow. ’‘I’m pretty sure I can maneuver better than you.’’


’’Oh yeah? How about a race then?’’ Rainbow walked up to him and pushed Discord in his chest. He didn’t even budge.


’‘Sounds like fun, you’re on.’’ Discord reached out his right hoof.


’’Awesome.’’ Rainbow reached out her own hoof and shook it. ’‘Good luck, you’re gonna need it...’’ Rainbow turned around and chuckled at the thought of Discord winning. There was no chance that could happen! ...Right?


’‘Hold on for a minute.’’ Rainbow looked back at him. ’‘How about we make this interesting, hm?’’ Discord smirked.


’‘What do you have in mind?’’ Rainbow was always interested in bets.


’’A bet.’’ Discord nonchalantly rubbed his hooves to the necklace. ’’If I win, you will allow me to stay in your cloud home for the rest of my time in Ponyville, and you will have to stay with Twilight Sparkle in the... the library...’’ Discord didn’t like libraries and if he would win he would get a place of his own in Ponyville.


Rainbow gulped. She didn’t know how fast Discord really was, he could have been flying in a slow pace when she saw him fly. The thought of letting Discord stay in her own home was horrifying, but staying in the library with Twilight was a nightmare come true. She’d be able to read some Daring Do books, though. Losing wasn’t an option in this case. She hesitantly cleared her throat. ’‘You’re on.’’


’‘Wonderful!’’ Discord grinned. ’‘We’ll have the race tomorrow if that’s fine with you?’’


’’I... It’s fine.’’


’‘Well then, I’ll see you tomorrow Rainbow Dash!’’ With that, Discord shot out into the air, leaving a crimson trail that looked like a weak lightning bolt behind him. Rainbow realised that this might have been a bad idea after all.


-----


’’Sister?’’ Luna poked her older sister sitting besides her in the golden chariot heading towards their castle in Canterlot. Luna was concerned about Celestia, as she hadn’t said anything yet on the trip back. Celestia appeared to be lost in thought.


’’Hm, yes?’’ Celestia shook her head.


’‘What’s concerning you?’’ Luna placed a comforting hoof on Celestia’s shoulder.


Celestia sighed. ’‘Discord’s necklace...’’


’‘What’s wrong with it?’’


’’I just hope that the spell that locks it to him isn’t weakened when I allowed his pegasus magic to return. His periculum is like a completely different entity than what he is. It’s more dangerous, treacherous and even... murderous...’’ Celestia sighed again.


’‘I’m sure nothing can happen, I mean, I can see and feel Discord slowly changing his ways. Perhaps the necklace is converting his periculum?’’ Luna thought about it. It could be what was happening or just a mirage. She hoped that it wasn’t the latter.


’’I just... I just don’t know...’’ Celestia closed her eyes. If it was one thing she hated, that thing was not knowing what to do.

Luna was taken aback from the sudden change in her sister. Celestia was almost always so optimistic and knew what to do in almost every situation. Luna bit her lip, thinking about something to say.


’‘We’ll find out, I promise...’’ Luna pulled her sister towards her in a comforting embrace.


’’We always do.’’ Celestia smiled.


-----


Discord was trotting through Ponyville again. He was excited for the race against Rainbow. He had always wondered if he was faster than her. He would finally get to find out. Discord heard three small voices arguing about something. He decided to take a closer look about what was causing all that ruckus.


The arguing came from the same three fillies that had crashed into him when they were riding on that scooter. It was a painful reminder. He walked up to them and cleared his throat. Three startled heads turned towards him. They looked at him like he was a ghost.


’‘What in the sweet creation of chaos are you three arguing about?’’ Discord frowned.


Three voices started rambling in an impressively loud volume. He had no idea what they were talking about when they were all talking at the same time.


Discord rubbed his temples. ’‘One at a time, please.’’ The orange filly with the purple mane, Scootaloo was it? Stepped forward and cleared her throat while glaring at her friends.

’‘My mom said that I was going to get a little baby sister or brother in a couple of months,’’ Discord gulped and his eyes widened. He didn’t like where this was going. ’’so we were arguing about where babies come from.’’ She huffed.


’’Oh...’’ Discord’s soul died a little.


’‘Sweetie Belle said tha’ babies come from a stork, ‘cause that’s what her sister told ’er but Ah said that they git th’ baby at th’ hospital.’’ Applebloom pointed a hoof at her unicorn friend. That’s when the trio got the same idea at the same time. They turned their heads towards Discord in a creepily slow fashion.


’’Mr. Discord...’’ Sweetie Belle started.


’‘Where does babies come from?’’ The three asked in unison. Discord’s ears flattened to his skull in an instant and his eyes widened, his pupils became hardly visible pricks.


’‘They... uh... where... babies... Shit.’’ Discord stammered, unsure what to do.


’‘Babies, shit?’’ Are you feeling okay?’’ Scootaloo arched an eyebrow.


’‘I’m fine...’’ Discord lied.


’’So, where does babies come from?’’ Sweetie Belle repeated the question, her eyes was the living proof of innocence. Discord would normally have enjoyed shattering minds, but they were so young. Discord saw an old acoustic guitar lying on a bench close by. An idea sprung to his mind.


’‘Wait here, kids!’’ He trotted off to the guitar and picked it up. He had no idea of how he was going to do this with hooves. He placed his left hoof to the strings on the neck and thought about a basic G-chord and struck the strings. A clear chord came from the guitar. He had no idea of what just happened, but it was good enough. He motioned with his free hoof for the girls to come closer. They happily trotted towards him.


’‘You’re gonna play a song about making babies?’’ Applebloom chirped.


’’Eh... Basically, yes. He started playing the intro of the song.


’’This is a song for the ladies
But fellas listen closely’’

A few older ponies also started gathering around him.


’’You don't always have to buck her hard
In fact sometimes that's not right, to do
Sometimes you've got to make some love
And buckin' give her some smooches too’’


A collective gasp echoed through the gathered crowd. One mare fainted.


’’Sometimes you got to squeeze
Sometimes you got to say "Please..."
Sometimes you got to say "Hey..."’’


The three fillies started shifting around, clearly uncomfortable. Discord took a breath before he continued.


’’I'm gonna buck you, softly
I'm gonna screw you gently
I'm gonna hump you, sweetly
I'm gonna ball you discreetly’’


The older ponies who had fillies or colts with them covered their ears and trotted away from the singing spirit.


’’And then you say "Hey I brought you flowers"
And then you say "Wait a minute, Sally"
"I think I got somethin' in my teeth, could you get it out for me?"
That's buckin' team work!’’


A few of the older ponies started liking the extremely inappropriate song. The crusaders ears flattened and they started gritting their teeth.


’’What's your favorite posish
That's cool with me
It's not my favorite but I'll do it for you
What's your favorite dish?
I'm not gonna cook it
But I'll order it from Zebrabar’’


Twilight Sparkle thought that she heard some singing from the park, as she was trotting towards it, she heard Discord’s voice and realised it was the spirit that was singing. She grinned and sprinted the rest of the way.


’’And then I'm gonna love you completely
And then I buckin buck you discreetly
And then I buckin bone you completely’’


Twilight’s jaw dropped as she heard those lyrics. She was about to scold him and tell him to stop singing immediately. Discord took a deep breath and started banging his head.


’But then I'm gonna buck you haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard!
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard!’’


As Discord played the last chord, he opened his eyes and looked at the now deeply disturbed fillies besides him. Their eyes were distant and unfocused. They didn’t say anything and their ears flapped from time to time.


’‘DISCORD!’’ The force from Twilight’s shout made Discord tip backwards and fall onto his back. She made a very nice imitation of the Royal Canterlot Voice.


’’Ah crap...’’ Discord sighed. He was in trouble now.