• Published 12th Apr 2012
  • 15,983 Views, 1,050 Comments

When The Wind Changes - Symphony



Discord is free again, but this time some changes occured.

  • ...
59
 1,050
 15,983

Shyness And Memories

Discord looked down at Fluttershy. She had backed away further from him. He knew that she hadn’t figured out who he really was, if she had, she would’ve flown away to Twilight Sparkle immediately or freeze in fear. The latter was probably what she would have done.

’‘What’s your name?’’ He asked. Discord already knew her name but this was the safest way to go. He recieved an incoherent mumble as an answer. ’‘Pardon?’’

Another mumble, but this time a little louder. He sighed and rolled his eyes and laid down. ’‘One more time...’’

’’I-... I’m Fluttershy’’. She hid her face in her mane.

’‘Nice to meet you Fluttershy but may I ask, what you’re doing out here?’’ Discord stood up again and walked towards her. She backed away a little before she stopped.

’’Oh, um... I was walking home when I... I saw you sleeping here and I thought that you might have been i-i-injured or... something.’’ Fluttershy said it in a tiny voice as she hid her face again.

’‘I’m fine, don’t you worry your pretty little head about that.’’ Discord stretched his back and groaned as it popped.

Fluttershy seemed to have frozen in place as soon as he had said ’‘pretty’’. Discord mentally facehoofed and remembered how shy she really is. She shook her head and looked down on her hooves. ’’I-i-i-if y-you say so...’’

’’If you have somewhere to be, you don’t have to stay here. It’s not rude to leave when you have another appointment.’’ Discord walked past her.

’’O-Oh good because I’m running late for a spa appointment with Rarity. It was nice talking to you, Phasmatis.’’ She trotted off in a fairly good pace.

Discord kept walking through town, he was bored after his nap and was looking for things to do. He was walking through town until he came to a place that he remembered the most of his last time here when he was still a draconequus. It was the place where he had most recently been turned to stone. It was an open part of the town, there were no stalls there or anything. Just a bunch of ponies walking around it, oblivious to the painful memories he was re-living. He walked slowly to the part where he stood when the rainbow had struck him. The memory was on playback in his mind. The moment the rainbow had hit him repeated over and over. Much from the looks of other ponies, he sat down at the same place all those years ago and closed his eyes.

’‘Chaos is a wonderful, wonderful thing’’ I was just about to drink some glass, until that damn voice interrupted me. It was Twilight Sparkle and the other wretched Elements. If they thought that it was going to work, I should at least give them a fair shot. ’‘Ugh, this again?’’ I finished my glass and threw the chocolate milk away. Shame that I missed the explosion.

The next one to speak was that Applejack. She seemed confident that it would work, something felt wrong about their presence. I had to do something. I pulled hers and the rest of the elements to me. Except for Twilight Sparkle. Her element knocked away my magic.

’‘Will you ever learn?’’ I was sick of their games. It was going to end now. Until Twilight Sparkle used her own damn magic against me, her element shielded the others and released them from my grasp. The end was coming closer, I knew it.

She started lecturing me about friendship, yada, yada, yada, yada. ’‘Ughh, gag. Fine, go ahead, try and use your little elements ‘frenemies’. I’m missing some exellent chaos here.’’ If I wouldn’t have been so ignorant, I could have been able to fight back and avoid being turned to stone, but no. I admit, they took me by surprise. But it still doesn’t take the pain of turning to stone away. My final wish before I was imprisoned again was that the next time I broke free, I would not be turned back to stone. I don’t want the pain to return again. It was too much.

He just sat there with his eyes closed, remembering that faithful day that sealed him away again. Discord could hear the sound of ponies walking around. He opened his eyes to see a certain lavender unicorn also sitting on the same place that she had been standing six years ago. She was looking down at her hooves, she hadn’t seen him. He immediately registered the unicorn to be Twilight Sparkle.

He silently growled, stood up and trotted away. ’’What was she doing there, and why at that place?’’ Discord thought to himself as he walked a few laps around the town to calm himself down. To his horror, he had walked in a circle and had returned to where he had left. Now Twilight was sitting with her back towards him. He walked slowly to her,

-----

Luna had retreated to her room. She had to clear her thoughts of the days that had she had spent with her sister talking about Discord. She didn’t mind being around her sister and talking to her. But talking about Discord was never easy for her.

He was once kind and warm-hearted. She was close to him three thousand years ago. But then he snapped. Her sister had caught them, and Celestia had attacked him. He couldn’t take it and he snapped. A gentle knock interrupted her thoughts.

’‘Luna?’’ Celestia peeked inside.

’‘Come in, Tia.’’ Luna walked towards her sister.

’‘Luna, I have to talk to you. It’s about Discord.’’ Celestia walked inside her sister’s room. The walls were dark blue and was decorated with paintings and other things. A desk filled with papers and books was in the corner. Luna had been studying about the time before she came back from her lunar exile.

Luna tensed up as soon as his name had left her sister’s mouth, but she managed to calm down. ’‘Have they found anything about his whereabouts?’’

’‘I’m not here to talk about that... 3000 years ago... I know what I did to the both of you and I know I was a major cause of his fall... He was naturally chaotic but he could control himself. He released his control soon after I...’’ Celestia looked at the floor in shame. ’‘After I condemned your relationship with him and called him a monster.’’

Luna walked up to her sister and placed her forelegs around her neck and embraced her. ’‘You only did what you thought was right... We all make mistakes... And your mistake may have been a little worse than others, but you are already forgiven for it.’’ Luna felt tears fall to her back from her older sister.

’’I made so many mistakes... he will never forgive me... We rebelled against him together, that’s another reason from him to never look us in the eyes again.’’ Celestia stopped her crying and allowed Luna to release her embrace.

’‘All three of us made mistakes and now when we find him, you and I will confront him before the Elements of Harmony do.’’ Luna walked to the balcony in her room and took a deep breath of the refreshing evening air.

’‘But my mistake made me lose my sister for a thousand years...’’ Celestia sighed as he walked out from the room.

Luna turned around to say something but the door was already closed with no sign of her sister.

-----

Discord built up his courage as he came closer to Twilight Sparkle. He didn’t know why he had to do that, as he could easily overpower her. He took a deep breath as he was just behind her. ’‘Hello?’’ He said in a soft tone, she jumped a little as when she heard him. She swiftly stood up and faced him with a fake smile.

’‘Hello there.’’ She chuckled nervously.

’‘Why were you sitting there?’’ He lifted his left foreleg and motioned to the patch of grass where she had been.

’’Oh...’’ She seemed surprise to have been asked that question. It was obvious that she was thinking of something to say, as her eyes were looking in almost every possible direction. Her mouth was opening and closing with no sound coming from it. ’’I was... Thinking! Yeah, thinking!’’ Twilight grinned.

Discord rolled his eyes again. Of course she would be thinking. That’s what she almost always does in stressful situations. He had noticed that the first time she had seen her in the throne room all those years ago. ’‘What were you thinking about?’’

’‘Stuff.’’

’‘Stuff?’’

’’Yes, stuff.’’ Twilight stretched her back before she seemed to remember something. ’’Oh! How rude of me! I haven’t asked you for your name when we’ve been talking all this time. I’m Twilight Sparkle, personal student of Princess Celestia.’’

’‘Geez, tell me something I DON’T know...’’ Discord thought to himself. But at the mention of Celestia, he cringed as a memories of her was brought forward. He pushed them away. ’’My name is Phasmatis.’’ He levitated the last of his apples from the pocket in his cloak. ’‘And I like apples.’’ He said before he took a big bite. Some juice from the sweet fruit trickled down his cheek and dropped to the ground.

’‘You know, it feels like I’ve met you before...’’ Twilight said, deep in thought.

Discord swallowed the rest of the apple still in his mouth with a big gulp. His eyes widened and were locked on the lavender unicorn lost in her own thoughts.


Edited by frieD195