• Published 12th Apr 2012
  • 15,983 Views, 1,050 Comments

When The Wind Changes - Symphony



Discord is free again, but this time some changes occured.

  • ...
59
 1,050
 15,983

The Discordant Anarchy 1

A/N: Yay, edited version! Edited by frieD195!


After a quick snack at Sugarcube Corner, Discord and Rainbow Dash left the rest of the girls and flew to her exquisite cloud home. Discord was impressed by the sheer size of it, he realized that she must be one of the big-shots in the Ponyville Weather Patrol if she could afford such a house. Rainbow had shown him the bedroom, the bathroom and the living room. As the two walked into the kitchen, Discord spotted a big green lump who was trudging towards Rainbow.


’’Do you have a walking coffee table?!’’ Discord beamed. ’’I want one!’’ Rainbow seemed puzzled until she realized that he was speaking about Tank.


’’Uh... No, that’s Tank,’’ She nuzzled the green giant on its head. ’‘he’s my pet.”


’‘Your pet is a turtle?’’ Discord deadpanned.


’‘Tortoise.’’


’‘Whatever, how can it walk on clouds?’’ Discord poked Tank’s shell a few times for good measure.


’‘Twilight put a cloudwalker spell on him. She just has to re-new the spell once a month.’’ Rainbow shrugged.


’’I see...’’ Discord glanced at the tortoise who smiled at him.


’’So Discord...’’ Discord turned his head to Rainbow, who sheepishly kicked the cloud floor.


’‘Yeah?’’


’‘If I would have won, what would I have gotten for winning?’’ Rainbow flicked a rainbow bang from her face.


’‘The honor of saying that you’re faster than the Element of Chaos, avoiding sleeping in the library for a few weeks and I would’ve asked Luna to get you a private audition for the Wonderbolts.’’ Discord rubbed a hoof on the necklace, making it hum.


Rainbow didn’t say anything to him. She just stared at him with her jaw hanging open. She suddenly closed her eyes and took a few deep breaths. She hated losing but this was a punch to the muzzle. After a few more deep breaths, she opened her eyes and looked straight at Discord, who had crooked his left eyebrow.


’‘You okay?’’ Discord asked hesitantly.


’‘I’m fine.’’ Rainbow nodded.


’‘Really?’’


’‘Yes, really.’’


’‘Well then, if you will excuse me, I’m going to let you pack some of your stuff while I go somewhere and do nothing at all.’’ Discord spread his wings and trotted to the door.


’‘Alright...’’ Rainbow sighed and grabbed her saddlebag, collecting a few things she didn’t want to leave with the mischievous spirit.


-----


Discord laid down on a cloud above the town, stretching his back and reminisced about the week that had passed.


In less than a week, he had been turned into a pony by some weird spell, which may or may not be permanent. He’d been in an awkward moment with almost all of the elements, avoided being fried from one of Shiny’s spells, kicked both of the royal sister’s flanks, been drained of all of his powers by an irritating necklace, annoyed the living hell out of Celestia, reunited with Luna and rutted her silly, nearly died, got high from a dangerous substance, scarred three little fillies and the list goes on.


Discord grinned as he thought of everything he had done during the days of being free from his prison. He giggled to himself as he recalled Celestia’s expression when the batter exploded from the ovens and Luna’s expression when she saw her own sister slip around on the soap.


’’Luna...’’ Discord closed his eyes.


--


’‘Luna... That was the pony’s name that I met on the field. I have to meet her again somehow but... But I don’t know where to find her... Maybe she will come back to the field to look for me? I’ll just have to wait.”


“I have been waiting for two days now. Where is she? The night is falling again, but this time something flies across the sky. It’s midnight blue... Luna! I spread my wings and fly after her as fast as I can. She’s fast. Most ponies I have seen can’t fly this fast, and why is her horn glowing like that? Well, one way to find out...”


I fly up to her and am now flying next to her. I call out her name, she turns to me and looks surprised, but then horrified as her horn stops glowing. It starts glowing again instantly after she noticed it. She doesn’t look that happy, though... I fly besides her in silence, not daring to say another word so I will disturb her again.


Her horn finally stops it glowing, she looks relieved but then she looks at me. She doesn’t seem happy... She’s angry with me.


’‘What are you doing here!?’’ Why is she accusing me? I just wanted to see her...


’’I... I saw you fly past the field and... and I wanted to say hi...’’ I rub my eagle talon to my lion arm. What did I do wrong? ’’I guess I’ll just go away...’’ I turn away from her and start flying in the other direction. A sudden tug on my shoulder makes me turn around. It’s Luna. She looks sad now. I don’t like seeing her sad.


’‘I’m... I’m sorry Discord...’’ She looks down towards the ground. I extend my eagle talon and lift her head to look at me.


’‘Don’t be sad... I don’t like seeing you sad...’’ She perks up and smiles a little.

***

It’s now four years from when the first time I met her. We’ve only seen each other ten times over the years, but we’re close. She helps me control my bad side. My bad side wants to hurt ponies, but I don’t want to hurt them.


Luna once told me about her sister, Celestia. She doesn’t seem like such a nice pony. I don’t think I want to meet her; she’ll probably not like me at all...


’’I won’t be when you’re here...’’ She giggles. By the grace of the gods, how I love her laughter... She flies closer towards me and holds out her arms. I accept the invitation and scoop her up with my arms. She starts laughing.


’’Oh, good!’’ I smile as she laughs.


’’‘Discord...’’ She sighs and pushes away from the embrace.


’‘What is it?’’ Why is she so concerned?


’‘Celestia...’’ She looks like she’s about to cry. ’‘Celestia has been keeping track of my movements over the last few weeks, I think she’s suspecting something.’’


’‘Don’t worry, she won’t break us apart...’’ I hope...


-----


Discord had fallen asleep on the cloud, the fatigue from the night’s gymnastics and the race had made him miss a lot of much needed sleep. So here he was, sleeping away most of the day. But on the ground below, three ponies was staring at the unruly black tail hanging from the cloud’s edge.


’‘Fluttershy, you’re going to have to go up there and wake him up.’’ Twilight stated as she shifted her eyes to her timid friend.


’’If... if you say so.’’ She nervously spread her wings and looked up at the cloud.


’‘Princess Celestia said that it was important, so we have to speed things up!’’ Twilight stated as her horn started glowing. The cloud that Discord was lying on started glowing in a weak purple aura. She pulled the cloud down to the ground.


Discord was lying on his back, his mouth was slightly open and his right hind leg twitched. He rolled over onto his left side, facing them and started nibbling on a piece of his mane that fell into his mouth as he rolled. He started murmuring about cotton candy and something incoherent.


The girls were forced to suppress their squeals of delight as they saw the spirit sleeping like a newborn foal, but much bigger and more dangerous. Twilight walked up to the cloud and poked Discord. He shifted and groaned.


’’Go away...’’ He raised his hooves to his head.


Twilight sighed and poked him again but with more force.


’’I said, go away...’’ Discord growled. Twilight groaned in frustration and motioned for Fluttershy to wake him up. Fluttershy walked meekly to the cloud and peeked over the edge of it. She turned around and bucked the cloud which had risen in altitude.

’‘WHAT THE FU-’’ Discord wailed and flailed his arms. His eyes shot open and he grunted as he made contact with the ground. He looked around to see three of the Elements of Harmony around him. ’’Oh, it’s you three...’’ He groaned and stood up while stretching his back. ’‘What do you want?’’


’‘Look for yourself,’’ Twilight levitated a scroll to him and held it in front of his head so he could read it ’‘Celestia wants you in Canterlot.’’ Discord raised his left hoof to his head and groaned.


’‘Those fools...’’


’‘What are you talking about, darling?’’ Rarity arched an eyebrow.


’‘The Discordant Anarchy.’’ Discord rolled his eyes. ’‘They are a group of ponies, griffins and diamond dogs who rebel against their respective systems and believe that I support them.’’ He sighed. ’‘They are often violent, unreasonable and dangerous.’’


’‘Wha- what do they want?’’ Twilight bit her lip.


’’If I’d guess, I’d say that they want me.’’ Discord shrugged and flared his wings. The mares gasped and Fluttershy hid her face in her mane.


’‘What are you going to do?’’ Rarity spoke up, visibly shaken by the revelation.


’‘Talk.’’ Discord shot out into the air, heading for Canterlot.


-----


As Discord touched down in the royal garden, several ponies, griffins and a few diamond dogs turn their heads towards him. All of them bowed to him as he passed them on his way into the castle. From the corner of his eyes, he saw something fly towards him. He turns his head to see Luna. She looks relieved to see him when she lands beside him. As Luna trots towards him, Discord can’t help but to smile.


’‘Nice little crowd you’ve gathered...’’ Discord glanced around the garden. Almost everyone was staring at him in wonder.


’’Oh hush.’’ Luna pushed him playfully in the chest and moves beside him.


’’I presume that their leader wants to talk to me.’’ Luna nodded as an answer and sighed.


’‘They want you to... To leave with them and lead them.’’ Discord scoffed.


’’I don’t even want to acknowledge their existence, and they actually want me to lead them?’’ Discord rolled his eyes. ’‘They’re stupid.’’


Luna giggled and moved closer towards Discord as they walked down the massive castle halls. Discord held his head higher when Luna leaned towards him. The servants inside the castle whispered to each other as Luna and Discord passed them. They ignored them and walked into the room where Celestia and the leader of The Anarchy were waiting.


Inside the room was a simple circular table and luxurious chairs with soft, red padding. On the walls hung banners picturing the sun and the moon. Sitting across Celestia was a dark brown unicorn stallion with a white mane. He was wearing a black plated armor with gilded edges. On the chest was the same mark as Discord’s cutie-mark, but it was golden and had two spears crossed in it. The stallion’s golden eyes widened at the sight of Discord. He abruptly stood up and bowed as much as he could.


’’My lord.’’ The stallion’s deep scratchy voice echoed through the room.


’‘Rise,’’ Discord motioned with his hoof for the stallion to stand ’‘What is your name?’’


’‘Captain Black Rush, my lord.’’


’‘Alright, Captain Douche,’’ Discord cleared his throat. ’‘You can take The Anarchy and leave. I will not lead any of you.’’ The captain seemed taken aback by this, as he didn’t expect this scenario.


’‘We can give you your powers back.’’ The captain rolled his shoulders. Discord stared at him in silence. The Princesses gasped.


’‘And how will you do that, hm?’’ Discord leaned casually towards the table.


’‘Like this!’’ The captain pounced Discord with his horn blazing in an eerie white light. The horn cut through the necklace like it was a thin piece of paper. Celestia got in a defensive stance in front of Luna, who was screaming Discord’s name.


Discord was almost too shocked to breathe. He felt the tip of the horn brush against his throat. Captain Douche was grinning from ear to ear as he felt the last barrier of the necklace crumble from his sudden impact. With a crack, the necklace split in two.


Celestia couldn’t believe her eyes when she saw the pieces drop to the castle floor. A crimson mist started flowing around Discord, engulfing him. Discord screamed from the sudden pain and Celestia was forced to hold Luna back who was set on killing the captain who started this.


When the crimson mist disappeared; Discord was clenching his eyes shut and a crimson and yellow aura blazed to life on his horn. Discord stood to his full length and turned towards Celestia and Luna. Celestia and Luna gasped as they saw his eyes.


They were the same colour they were when he was a draconequus. Even his pupils were mismatched again.


’‘Hello, my dear Celestia...’’ Discord hissed. His voice was also the same as when he was a draconequus. ’’I think it’s time I got even!’’ Discord shouted and charged towards Celestia.