• Published 12th Apr 2012
  • 15,982 Views, 1,050 Comments

When The Wind Changes - Symphony



Discord is free again, but this time some changes occured.

  • ...
59
 1,050
 15,982

Charge

Edited by frieD195.



’’So Twilight Sparkle, as my sister have already told you, the necklace you can see around Discord’s neck banishes his own magic and his natural magic so he can’t use anything.’’ Luna explained one more time to the unnerved lavender unicorn.


’’I see, but I’m still a little worried that he will do something I can’t handle.’’ Twilight eyed the spirit who was going through her collection of books, occasionally scowling and throwing away a book he didn’t approve of to the floor.


’’If he’s too much trouble for you, just send a letter to my sister and she will inform me. I’ll come here then and set him straight.’’ Luna started walking to Discord.


’‘Thank you, Princess.’’ Twilight fused her magic and started levitating the littered books back to their respective places on the shelf.


’‘Discord?’’ Luna stopped next to him and nudged him with her wing. Discord turned to face her. Discord smiled weakly.


’‘What, Lu?’’


’’I have to go back to Canterlot, I have some duties to tend to. I’ll come visit when I can. You will behave when you’re here and listen to what Twilight has to say to you, okay?’’ Luna leaned closer to him and kissed his cheek.


’‘Sure thing, mom...’’ Discord teased, recieving a swift hoof to his shoulder. He winced and rubbed the place where he had been hit, pouting. Luna just giggled at his expression and used her right hoof to flick his lower lip. Discord snortled and tried to maintain his disapproving expression. They were interrupted by Twilight Sparkle, who cleared her throat. ’‘Killjoy...’’ Discord muttered. Luna blushed a little.


’‘Didn’t you have duties to tend to, Princess?’’ Luna’s eyes widened and she gulped. She gave Discord another small peck on the cheek and ran outside to the waiting chariot. ’‘And you...’’ Twilight’s eyes narrowed as she focused on the spirit. ’’If you cause any trouble in my library or destroy any of my books,’’ Twilight growled. ’’I will turn you into stone by myself.’’ Discord gulped. Damn Twilight, you scary!


Discord tried to say something but the only sound coming from his was a soft whining sound.


’‘Understood?’’



Discord nodded furiously. ’‘Since when did you become so intimidating, Twilight Sparkle?’’


’‘When my books are in danger... Oh and when my friends are in danger too...’’ Twilight grinned sheepishly. Discord just nodded in a slow pace.


’’A little chaotic, eh?’’ Discord grinned, his sharpened tooth reflected in the light. Twilight’s ears splayed back and she tried to say something. Anything she said came out slurred and hitched. Discord started laughing. ’’Don’t worry dear Twilight, you’ll never reach the level that is my personal brand of chaos.’’


That made Twilight calm down significantly. An idea struck her. She didn’t know much about the Draconequus species or about anything in the Pre-Discord era. How Equestria was before Discord ruled it thousands of years ago. And now, the spirit that ruled during that time was powerless in her own library. ’‘Say, Discord...’’



’‘What?’’


’‘Would you mind telling me about Equestria before you ruled it, and maybe about other Draconeqi?’’ Twilight made a puppy-dog look. Discord bit his lip, thinking about it. He hadn’t been in Ponyville for an hour yet but he was already bored. He decided to play along.


’’Eh, why not...’’ Discord sat down and rolled his shoulders. That necklace was extremely heavy and uncomfortable.


’‘Great!’’ Twilight squeaked and summoned a scroll, ink and a quill. She dipped the quill in the ink to show that she’s ready. Discord took a deep breath.


’‘Where to begin...’’ Discord tapped his hoof to the floor. ’’I guess I’ll start with the Draconequus race.’’ This made Twilight squee with anticipation. ’’There weren’t many Draconeqi, maybe only about two hundred. I’m probably the only one alive to this day. All Draconeqi have natural chaotic energy, or ’periculum’ if you want to use fancy words.’’ Discord laid down and continued. ’‘However, they would never use it for bad things. They were very peaceful and helpful. Well, most of them.’’ Discord grinned.


’‘You said there weren’t many Draconeqi, not aren’t. Why is that?’’ Twilight pondered.


’‘Because when I made my rise to power, they tried to reason with me and stop me. That’s why there are no other Draconeqi.’’ Discord gave her a wicked smile. Twilight just gaped at him. Discord cleared his throat.


’‘Well, after that I decided not to kill anymore to get what I needed as it makes an awful mess. There were no ponies that could stop me at that time. Lu and Tia hadn’t discovered the Elements of Harmony either. I could only beat the Draconeqi because my natural periculum was unnaturally powerful. The periculum is what made me the Spirit of Disharmony and Chaos and an immortal.’’ Discord scratched his neck with his left hoof.


Twilight was slightly appalled that he had wiped out his own species to get where he was now. She scribbled down a few words on the scroll and perked his ears to him, eager to hear more. ’‘And what about the time before you ruled?’’ Twilight readied herself to write more. Discord just shrugged.


’‘Meh, we can do that later.’’ Discord stood up and cracked a few joints. Twilight huffed and pouted. Discord turned to walk towards the door.


’’H-Hey! Where are you going?’’ Twilight sprung to her hooves and ran up to him.


’‘Out.’’


’‘And do what?’’ Twilight moved herself in front of him, making him stop in his tracks. It was now Twilight realised how big he actually was as a pony. He was just a little smaller than Big Macintosh, but when Mac’s a gentle giant, Discord is a malevolent giant.


’‘Say ’hi’ to your friends, of course.’’ Discord kept on walking forwards, Twilight had to move away so he wouldn’t walk into her. Discord bumped the door closed with his left hindleg.


Twilight groaned as she saw him stroll down the street, ponies who knew who he truly was moved out of his way quickly, even when they knew that he didn’t have any magic.


-----


Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie was busy pranking ponies. So far they had gotten a few good pranks on Lyra, Cherilee, Berry Punch and Clockwork. They were on their way to the library to prank Twilight when they saw Discord walking away from the library. Rainbow’s eyes narrowed and she scowled as she saw his pleased grin. Pinkie Pie was about to bounce up to him before Rainbow pulled her back.


’‘Pinkie, I know somepony that we can prank instead of Twilight.’’ Rainbow said as she spat out Pinkie’s tail from her mouth.


’’Is it Applejack?’’ Pinkie chirped.


’’No, somepony else.’’


’‘Oooh! I love guessing games!’’ Pinkie squeaked and started bouncing in a circle around the rainbow-maned pegasus. ’‘Ditzy?’’


’’No...’’ Rainbow sighed.


’’Is it Rarity?’’ Pinkie stopped in front of Rainbow.


Rainbow groaned and facehoofed. ’‘It’s Discord. We’re gonna prank Discord.’’


’‘Oooh... This is going to be fun!’’


’‘Yeah, fun...’’ Rainbow eyed Discord as he walked around a corner. ’’C’mon!’’ She grabbed Pinkie’s tail with her mouth and shot off into the air with a whooping pony after her.


-----


After a few minutes of preparation, they had set up a trap for him. It was simple; it would throw a pie at the one who set off the trap. The victim only had to touch a wire and the trap would do its job.


Pinkie and Rainbow was waiting for the preferred victim in a bush not far away from the trap. Almost like it was timed, the spirit who had been chosen to set off the trap walked around a corner and was heading straight for the wire.


Discord was bored. The town didn’t have much to offer so he was just walking around to get a good look at the entire town. He started whistling an upbeat tune as he walked along the path. Suddenly, he felt something on his hoof. He looked down to see a tripwire on the front of his hoof.


A flinging sound was heard. His instincts kicked in and he felt something fly towards him in a high speed. Discord desperately rolled to the left. The object in question that he had now identified as a pie missed him and flew into a bush. An high-pitched groan echoed from the bush and a rainbow streak shot out from it, followed by a bouncy pink pony. Pinkie Pie greeted him cheerfully and bounced in the direction of where the rainbow had went. It didn’t take long for him to realise that the trap had been meant for him.



’‘Oh, it is on.’’ Discord grinned and followed Pinkie Pie from a distance.


-----


The pie that had been meant for Discord had been thrown right into Rainbow’s face. The prank had misfired but she had many more pranks to be pulled at the right victim.


That victim was Discord.


She was going to make sure to at least get one prank on him by the end of the day. It wasn’t going to be a walk in the park but it’s worth a shot. She had just cleaned her face from the remnants of the pie. She had to go to the Sugarcube Corner to get Pinkie and some supplies before she could put a plan in motion.


In a different place in town, a very pleased spirit was trotting away from the Sugarcube Corner. He had rigged another surprise to be triggered. He met Pinkie Pie who was bouncing past him and smiling. Rainbow Dash was hovering behind her pink friend and shot Discord a dirty look that Discord just smiled at. He grinned as they walked inside the bakery. He purchased an apple and leaned towards a building, facing the Sugarcube Corner and waiting for the show.


Inside the Sugarcube Corner, the two friends were in the kitchen, plotting their next move against him. Rainbow was still a little upset about getting a pie in the face the same day. Pinkie looked like she could care less as she was making a batch of cupcakes, humming a weird song.


’’I can’t believe he got me!’’ Rainbow exclaimed and threw her forelegs into the air. ’’Me! Rainbow freakin’ Dash owned by a freaky spirit! Unbelievable!’’ She groaned and rubbed her eyes with her hooves. Pinkie Pie sighed and rolled her eyes before she turned back into her happy self.


A soft wheezing sound that was increasing in volume suddenly started. The two ponies looked at eachother and shrugged. The sound continued and Pinkie’s body started convulsing as her Pinkie Sense kicked in.


’‘SHE’S GONNA BLOOOW! Pinkie screamed and jumped desperately behind a desk. Rainbow had no idea what was going on but before she could react, it was too late.


Batter exploded from the oven, covering everything in the kitchen with a thick layer of cake batter.


Discord grinned even wider as he heard a shattering boom rock the building in front of him. He finished his apple and walked inside. The sight inside the Sugarcube Corner was much better than the one in Canterlot. He started laughing hard, tears sprung to his eyes immediately. Twilight Sparkle barreled through the door, horn ablaze. As soon as she saw Discord rolling on the floor, she knew that he had something to do with this. She walked over to where he was and peeked inside the kitchen.


The small and cozy kitchen had some kind of batter splattered everywhere. Pinkie Pie’s head suddenly rised from behind a desk. No batter had hit her, until Discord picked up a hooffull and threw it at her face. Pinkie enjoyed it and started laughing much like Discord had done when Twilight had arrived.


Rainbow Dash rolled over, she had batter everywhere. She lifted her right hoof and wiped her face clean off. She glared daggers at the now-snickering spirit. To both Discord’s and Rainbow’s surprise, Twilight started giggling. Much to her own dismay, Rainbow started snickering at the whole situation. Discord stopped laughing gradually and started walking towards the door.


’‘Chaos, two points. Harmony, zero.’’ Discord said as he opened the door. Twilight turned her head to him


’‘Where are you going?’’ Twilight asked so she wouldn’t recieve such a rude notification of his whereabouts again.


’’To meet your good friend Rarity. I have some things on my mind that I have to say to her, one way or another.’’ Discord walked through the door and left it open as he trotted away towards the Carousel Boutique.


Twilight sighed and turned to her messy friends. They had some cleaning to do.