• Published 12th Apr 2012
  • 15,990 Views, 1,050 Comments

When The Wind Changes - Symphony



Discord is free again, but this time some changes occured.

  • ...
59
 1,050
 15,990

Lullaby

Edited by frieD195.



Luna nuzzled further into his neck, waiting for Discord to start his singing. Discord glanced down at her. It was clear that she was comfortable as her eyes were closed a little and she had a soft smile across her face. Discord placed his arms around her, cleared his throat gently, started rocking her softly from side to side. He took a deep breath as he started singing.


’’She came with the spring
As birds start to sing
The queen of the fairies dance
I joined I took the chance

Now bittersweet memories
So bittersweet

A lover's dream like a star in the sky
To pass away like a sweet Lullaby
Tell me why did the fire die’’


Luna yawned silently, her focus was entirely on his soft voice singing clear notes. Her eyelids started fluttering but she kept them open as he continued.


’’Tell me why
Like a star in the sky
A soothing breeze like a sweet lullaby
A lover's cry
Farewell...
Goodbye...

With leaves came the end
The fall of a friend
Tied to the wheel of time
The fairies came to die

A lover's dream like a star in the sky
To pass away like a sweet Lullaby
Tell me why did the fire die

Tell me why
Like a star in the sky
A soothing breeze like a sweet lullaby
A lover's cry
Farewell...
Goodbye...’’


Discord finished the lullaby and heard soft snoring coming from the lunar Princess. He chuckled as he saw her right hind leg twitch in a slow pace. Discord made himself comfortable by rolling onto his side, careful not to bump into her or disturb her too much. When he was finished, he was lying on his side with Luna’s head on the bottom of his chin. Her flowing mane had stopped its unnatural flowing and was now hanging down her neck. He thought that it looked much better this way, but he wasn’ about to complain.


She had removed her chest piece, crown and her silver hoofguards before she had climbed into the bed with him. Luna looked much more natural without them. She didn’t need any of those things when she was already beautiful enough.


Discord pulled her closer towards him in a protective embrace. Nothing was ever going to touch her. Even when he didn’t have any magic at all, he was going to be there. She had done so much for him 3000 years ago than what he could never repay her.


Discord squeezed her softly as he kissed her forehead. She murmured something in her sleep as soon as he touched her. He rested his head on the top of hers and was soon asleep too.


-----


Celestia had been walking back to her room after the ordeals of that day. She had been humiliated, showered with batter, annoyed and laughed at. To top it all off, she had been forced to help some guards calm down a servant that had suddenly started screaming and throwing cake batter and ink all over the room she was in. It had been a tiring day.


As she passed her sister’s room, she heard some soft singing. She dismissed it and walked into her room. As soon as she had walked inside, Celestia instantly used her magic and levitated her crown and chest piece to a ponykin that was slightly bigger then normal ponykins.


As she laid down on her grand bed, she lifted all her hooves slightly and levitated the hoofguards away from them. The next thing she moved with her magic was the cover to her bed. She scooted beneath it and just dropped it with her magic, letting out a content sigh as it landed on her. She rolled over onto her side and placed her left hoof beneath the pillow. She fell asleep almost instantly.

***

The next day, Celestia was awakened by the distinct and powerful scent of soap. She thought of it as one of the servants using a little too much soap for the cleaning again. Several joints cracked as she stretched and rubbed the sleep out from her eyes with her hooves.


She was an early riser, as she had to raise the sun for a new day to start. Celestia stood up on her low, gigantic bed and stepped off it. As soon as her front hooves touched the floor, they slid apart and made her fall helplessly towards it. Some very unflattering words that were never supposed to be said by a Princess were used to describe the spirit that was more than likely responsible for covering her entire floor with soap and had drawn a funny-looking mustache just below her nose. She tried to stand up on all four hooves but they just slid apart again and made her collapse onto her stomach.


-----


As Luna woke up, she reached out her forelegs to embrace Discord, but she was met with nothing but air. She shot her eyes open to see that he wasn’t in the bed or in the room, but the place where he had slept was still warm. She scooted over to where he had been and placed her head on the pillow Discord had been using. She sighed and wondered where he could be this time. She was just about to sit up and go looking for him when the door opened and the spirit in question walked inside the room with a tray balanced on his back.


Discord walked up besides the bed. Luna levitated the tray off him and placed it on the foot of the big bed. Discord just hopped up on the bed, landing on his side and a giggling Princess bouncing off the bed and landing on him. That’s when Luna smelled the air around him.


’‘Discord... Do you... Is that... have you been showering?’’ As an answer, Discord smelled his arm and waved a hoof dismissively. ’‘Then what have you been using soap for?’’


Discord grinned and gave her a sly look. ’‘You’ll see and I’m pretty sure you’ll hear it too when it happens.’’ Discord shrugged and laid his head back down on the pillow he had been originally using.


’‘What do you me-’’ She was disrupted by a loud thump and an impressive amount of profanities in one sentence coming from her sister’s room. Luna looked at Discord, who was just grinning and nodding. The duo stood up and walked towards the massive golden door leading into Celestia’s room. As Luna opened it with her magic, Discord fell onto his back and clutched his sides. Luna raised a hoof to her mouth to conceal her giggling.


Inside the room, a very frustrated solar Princess was trying hard to stand upright while focusing her magic to raise the sun. She was covered in bubbles from head to tail. A slightly smeared twirly mustache adorned her face.


As soon as Celestia saw Discord lying on his back in the doorway, laughing away on her misfortune she started planning for another lunar expedition. She growled something unflattering about Discord’s mother and a donkey.


Discord’s ears perked to attention and a stern expression crossed his face. ’‘Now now young lady, that’s three words that are bad! Am I have to wash your mouth out with so- Oh wait,’’ Discord giggled. ’’I already have!’’ He stood up and motioned for Luna to walk inside. Luna used her magic and placed all of the soap and bubbles, including the bubbles on Celestia in a small forcefield and teleported it away. Celestia growled and walked towards Discord, easily towering over him. He stretched his neck to not to feel so small around her. ’‘What did you use to draw this mustache?’’ Celestia hissed.


’’A magic marker. Water. Resistant.’’ Discord emphasized every word. ’‘Just use some stronger soap for it.’’ Discord chuckled and walked back to Luna’s room.


’‘Luna.’’ Celestia adressed her younger sister with a stern tone.


Luna gulped and looked into her sister’s eyes. ’‘Yes, Celestia?’’


’‘I’m sorry to say this, but I don’t think I can take it much longer with Discord being here doing things like this. I fear I will do something I will regret.’’ Celestia said as a matter of fact. It felt like a punch right to the nose for Luna.


’‘But... What... Where will he stay, who will help him rehabilitate?’’ Luna backed away from Celestia with her ears splayed back.


’’I am quite sure that Twilight Sparkle will offer to help if we explain the situation while leaving out any humiliating things he’s already done to me.’’ Celestia walked towards her desk and levitated an empty scroll and a quill to herself.


’‘Are you sure about that? I mean, he nearly destroyed the friendship between the Elements and tricked everypony in Ponyville to believe that he was somepony else.’’ Luna sat down and sighed. ’’I guess it will work, but I will be in Ponyville as much as I can when he’s there.’’


’‘But of course, I can’t and won’t leave you two apart.’’ A faint yellow light encased Celestia’s horn and the scroll dissappeared in a flash. ’’I said in the letter that he’d come some time today. I would go explain it to him if I were you...’’ Celestia turned to the pile of paperwork on her desk. Luna just nodded and walked back to her room where the spirit was waiting for her.


Discord was shocked at first by the news, but he wasn’t surprised to hear it. It was only a matter of time, after all.


-----


In Ponyville, the town librarian was nervously pacing around in the main room. The Spirit of Chaos and Disharmony was coming to stay with her and Spike. Twilight didn’t know what she was supposed to do with him other than be nice to him and correct him when he was wrong. Princess Celestia had explained the necklace to her, but Twilight was still worried that something would happen. Three firm knocks echoed through the library and startled her. She stared at the door for a while before she reluctantly walked towards it and opened it with her magic. The first thing she saw was the massive necklace clamped around a greyish neck. She followed the neck up to the head slowly, gulping as she saw the crimson eyes piercing through her. Princess Luna was standing behind him.


’’Top of the morning, Twilight Sparkle!’’ Discord spat her name like it was venom. A firm silver-clad hoof smacked into the back of his head. Discord groaned and pouted while looking back at Luna, who had a disapproving expression.


Twilight gulped and moved out of the way, allowing the two alicorns to enter the library.


’‘Say Twilight,’‘ Discord spoke up. ’’Do you have any ingredients for batter?’’ Discord smirked as Luna facehoofed.


Twilight backed away from him, she realised that she may have bitten off more than she could chew.


Discord knew that he was going to have a good time with Twilight and her friends. Well, at least he would enjoy it.