• Published 12th Apr 2012
  • 15,984 Views, 1,050 Comments

When The Wind Changes - Symphony



Discord is free again, but this time some changes occured.

  • ...
59
 1,050
 15,984

The Discordant Anarchy 4

A/N: Edited by Magnumopai and frieD195! And a repeat; I'm taking a break from writing for a while. I'll update in my blog when I'm back.


Celestia lifted her hooves to her head and rubbed her temples while sighing. The last days had been hectic, to say the least. Luna hadn’t said a thing after Discord left her in Ponyville. Celestia couldn’t understand how heartbroken Luna could become after the incident in Ponyville.


Celestia had replied to Discord’s note and had Twilight Sparkle and the rest of The Elements of Harmony by her side in the Canterlot throne room at all times; except for when they had to sleep. She had nothing against the girls and enjoyed their company, but she could do without Pinkie Pie’s constant rambling about everything she had seen in Canterlot so far.


She was still shaken from the experience of being turned into stone. It sent a chill down her spine every time she thought of the sensation of the cold, hard stone spreading across her regal body.


A barrage of armored hooves and clinking armor plates rang through the halls outside the throne room. Celestia stood up and flared her wings instantly. The Elements of Harmony hid themselves behind Celestia and Luna’s thrones. Fluttershy whimpered.



A familiar crimson aura encased the door, making it creak in protest as it opened wide. Four unicorn guards slid inside with their backs to the princesses. Two pegasi guards were thrown into the throne room from some kind of magic push. The guards gritted their teeth and braced themselves for another round against the mysterious alicorn they had encountered inside the castle. Their only focus was to protect the Princesses no matter what they faced.


Discord walked inside with a calm demeanor, the aura around his horn dimmed until it disappeared completely. His metallic black armor made Rarity stare at it in wonder. The guards formed a line just by the stairs leading up to the thrones. Discord stopped by the middle of the room and looked up at Celestia with an unreadable expression. It was a mix of anger, regret, hate and sympathy.



’‘Celestia’’ Discord cleared his throat.


’‘Discord.’’ Celestia relaxed and allowed her wings to rest to her sides again. ’’I presume that you’re here because of your request?’’


’‘That, and I also came here to apologize.’’ Discord sighed. ’‘The periculum took control when Captain Rush removed the necklace. I couldn’t do anything to stop it.’’ Discord lowered his head.


Celestia was taken aback from the sincerity in Discord’s tone. She was used to him being sarcastic, a little mean and belittling ponies. When she looked at him now, she saw a pony with a wish to be forgiven for his older deeds. Celestia walked down the staircase and to the stares from her guards, she placed her left hoof on his right shoulder. Discord was startled from the unexpected touch and looked up at Celestia.


’’I forgive you for what you did now and for what you did in the past.’’ Celestia smiled. Discord looked down at the floor.


’’I also came here to turn myself in to the authorities.’’ Discord raised his head as much as he could.


’’On what grounds?’’ Celestia arched an eyebrow.


’‘For the murder of 29 ponies, seven griffins and five diamond dogs.’’ Everypony gasped and stared at him in disbelief.


’‘Wha-what..?’’ Celestia stammered.


’’I obliterated The Discordant Anarchy. No survivors.’’ Discord’s tone wavered. ’’I killed...’’ Discord turned away from Celestia and closed his eyes. ’‘Use the Elements on me.’’ Silence loomed over the entire room. Nopony said anything until a door opened to reveal a disheveled lunar princess.


’‘Discord!’’ Luna squealed in a scratchy voice and glomped him. Discord fell onto his back and smiled weakly while wrapping his forelegs around her. Luna sensed that something was wrong and glanced at her older sister, who seemed to be shocked. ’‘Discord... What’s wrong? Has something happened?’’ Luna stared straight into his eyes. They were distant and unfocused.


’’I killed.’’ Discord said in a distant tone, sighing. Luna wrapped her hooves around him and pulled him towards her as tight as she could. ’‘I’m dangerous.’’ Discord pushed Luna away from him and stood up. ’‘I’m just a beast that deserves to be locked up. Twilight Sparkle, if you would do the honors?’’ He waved a hoof to the lavender unicorn, who peeked at him from behind Celestia’s golden throne.


’’NO!’’ Luna shouted. ’’I won’t let you go away again!’’ Luna flared her wings and stood in front of him.


’’I don’t deserve love!’’ Discord raised his voice. ’‘For all the things I’ve done over my pitiful existence, love is a thing I just don’t deserve for all I’ve done to all of you...’’ Discord looked away from Luna with his ears splayed back. Luna bit her lower lip and tried to keep a straight face. She took a deep breath and spoke up.


’‘You do deserve love, Discord.’’ Luna reached out with her left hoof and placed it on his chin, turning his head towards her. ’‘The fact that you do these things and return asking for forgiveness, sacrificing your own freedom to keep others safe... That’s why I love you, Discord. You do bad things from time to time, but in the end, you do your very best to answer to what you did.’’ Discord’s lower lip quivered, he gulped and took a deep breath.


’‘You and your way of finding the positive side in everything...’’ Discord chuckled with a dry throat. ’‘It’s just...’’


’‘What?’’ Luna asked, resting her head on his neck.


’‘The periculum...’’ Celestia’s ears perked. ’’It has divided from me and created another darker, more sinister side of me. Right now it’s telling me to kill you all and take the throne for myself.’’ Everypony gasped again and Fluttershy fainted.


’’I am sure we can find a way to restrain it. Right, Celestia?’’ Luna turned to her older sister who was lost in thought.


’’Hm? Yes, I think we just need another magic restraint. Lucky thing we created two, as I suspected that the old one would crack from time.’’ Celestia materialized another charcoal necklace, adorned with fire rubies in the same pattern as on the last one. Luna beamed and Discord gave them a crooked smile. He remembered what happened the first time they forced the necklace onto him. Discord sighed and tore a chunk from the area around his neck armour with his magic and braced himself for the effect of the necklace.


’’I adjusted it to leave your pegasus magic intact as I lock it to you.’’ Celestia opened the necklace and levitated it across the room to Discord, who looked at every direction instead of the necklace closing in. As he felt the cold touch of the material on the front of his neck, Discord held his breath and closed his eyes. Celestia closed her eyes and went to work to attach the lock to it.


A crimson beam emerged from the fire rubies and snaked around the necklace, which snapped shut and clicked, confirming it being locked to him successfully. Discord’s eyes shot open and he gasped, stumbling to the right and barely being able to maintain his balance. Luna moved swiftly to his side and allowed Discord to lean towards her for support.


Discord felt his powers drain from him again. The voice in the back of his head roared and disappeared gradually. His eyesight became fuzzy and the voices from the ponies around him became muffled and incoherent. Discord fell to his side with Luna being unable to catch him. He fell into blissful unconsciousness again.


’’I don’t think that had to feel that good.’’ Rainbow Dash scratched the back of her head and tilted her head a little. Discord’s right hind leg twitched once.


-----


Discord groaned and rolled onto his side. For how long was he out cold? The thought rang through his head. He cracked his eyes open to see the roof of Luna’s room. He heard some soft snoring coming from behind him. He rolled over onto his back to see Luna sleeping there next to him. She wasn’t wearing any of her regalia, so she must have been sleeping for a while now. Discord leaned closer towards her and nudged her left cheek with his nose.


Luna mumbled something in her sleep and nuzzled his neck in return. She opened her eyes in a slow succession, only to see crimson eyes stare right into her cyan ones. Discord poked his right hoof on her nose, making her giggle.


’‘How long was I out?’’ Discord stretched his back and wings, a symphony of cracks and pops echoed through the room. Discord groaned in satisfaction.


’‘Two days...’’ Luna sighed.


’‘Really?’’ Discord asked, displeased about sleeping for so long.


’‘Yes really.’’ Luna circled her right hoof on his exposed chest, as they removed the armor from him when they put him to bed. She stretched her neck towards his face, softly stroking her own chest against him. Discord understood immediately what she wanted and complied by pulling her the rest of the way on top of him.


Luna pressed her lips onto his, while moaning softly. Discord’s whole body relaxed and he placed his right hoof onto her back, stroking it back and forth in a slow succession. Luna parted her lips and continued to lead her tongue into Discord’s mouth. Discord accepted the invitation and opened his mouth slightly, allowing entrance. Luna moaned in ecstasy. Discord rolled over, positioning him on top. Luna embraced him, content with just being there with him.


None of them noticed the servant standing in the doorway wide-eyed with her mouth hanging open in disbelief and shock. She backed out from the room and closed the door, leaving the two immortals to their desires.


-----


’‘You wanted to see me, princess?’’ Twilight Sparkle walked inside her mentor’s private study to see Celestia lying on the couch, levitating a glass of red wine in front of her.


’’I did, Twilight Sparkle.’’ Celestia placed the glass on a desk and stood up. ’’I can understand if the last few days have been stressful both mentally and physically.’’


’‘You have no idea, Princess...’’ Twilight groaned and cracked her neck. ’‘Rainbow Dash and Applejack has been restless with nothing to do for over three days now. They’re active ponies and can’t stand being still for longer than necessary...’’ Twilight shook her head as she remembered Rainbow deciding to do a Sonic Rainboom inside the throne room.


’’I can understand that...’’ Celestia chuckled at her student’s friends antics. ’‘But I hope we can put this chapter with the Anarchy behind us?’’ Celestia asked, hoping that she would answer yes.


’’I don’t know, Princess...’’ Twilight sighed. ’‘Discord really scared all of us... Even Applejack, who is one of the most forgiving of us, is still skeptical about Discord...’’ Twilight’s gaze fell to the floor.



Celestia sighed and slowly shook her head. ’’We can only wait, then.’’


Twilight looked up at her mentor and smiled sheepishly. A sudden ruckus from somewhere in the castle bought their attention.


’‘Aaaand BAM, ZOOM! STRAIGHT TO THE MOO-HOON!’’ They heard Discord scream. The two glanced at eachother, blushing. They decided to not find out what was going on. Twilight coughed awkwardly and grinned sheepishly.


’‘Discord will be staying in Canterlot for the time being.’’ Celestia composed herself and cleared her throat.


’’I can understand that.’’ Twilight turned and started walking towards the door ’’I should get going back to the girls so we can head back to Ponyville.’’ Twilight waved and trotted outside. Celestia waved to her student and instead of levitating the glass of wine to her, she grabbed the entire bottle and took a large swig.


’’Oh, alcohol~’’ Celestia nuzzled the bottle.