• Published 12th Apr 2012
  • 15,988 Views, 1,050 Comments

When The Wind Changes - Symphony



Discord is free again, but this time some changes occured.

  • ...
59
 1,050
 15,988

Humiliation

Edited by frieD195



’‘This is so humiliating!’’ Discord whined as he followed the Princesses back to the town. ’‘You’re a grim, grim pony Celestia!’’ He explained in a high-pitched voice to the solar Princess walking in front of him.


’‘Please be quiet, Discord.’’ Celestia groaned, she was already tired from the fight and she didn’t need a cranky spirit whining.


’’Am I annoying you? Who, me? I would never!’’ Discord made it sound like he was appalled by Celestia telling him to stop talking. He acted like one of the high-society Canterlot ponies and looked up to the sky in defiance. Luna just giggled at Discord’s behaviour and Celestia’s reactions.


’’I like statues because they don’t talk.’’ Celestia growled at Discord, who just pouted and blew a raspberry at her. ’‘You’re being foalish, Discord...’’ Celestia groaned. This would prove to test her patience.


’‘At least I’m not boring.’’ Discord countered. Luna giggled again and moved closer towards him. ’’So, what’s this thing around my neck?’’


’‘It’s a special necklace created by Celestia and her top guards. It drains all your magic. All of it, even your natural magic. Only Celestia can open it once it’s closed.’’ Luna was walking just besides him. Discord didn’t seem to mind Luna being so close.


’’So that’s why my wings feel so heavy and I’m not as strong as before...’’ Discord said to himself and looked down at the ground. His legs trembled slightly and Luna moved in to brace him if he would fall. He looked into her eyes, they had a look of genuine concern for him. He dismissed it and kept walking. He gulped as he saw the first buildings of the town come into clear view.


’’We will go to the library where my student resides. I’m going to ask her to alert the rest of her friends.’’ Celestia stated and held her head up higher as they walked into the town. The townsponies bowed to the Princesses and just stared at Discord. Discord ignored their stares and kept on walking. He even heard a few mares whistle to him. Luna scowled at the mares who seemed to shrink visibly. Discord just chuckled at the whole thing.


After a short walk through the town, they were standing by the library. Celestia raised a swift hoof and knocked three times. The door was answered by Spike, who’s eyes widened at the sight of the Princesses and a suspicious glance at Discord.


’‘Twilight!’’ He called to the lavender unicorn.


’‘What is it Spike?’’


’‘Get down here, the Princesses are here with some weird stallion again!’’ Spike moved away from the doorway and allowed the guests to walk inside.


’‘Again?’’ Discord whispered to Luna, who’s eyes just shifted in different directions, and Celestia whistled innocently. Discord just groaned and realised that he wasn’t going to get a real answer from them. A loud thump echoed through the library and hoofsteps were heard coming down the stairs. Twilight bowed as soon as she saw the Princesses but when she saw Discord, she just looked utterly confused.


’‘Phasmatis..?’’ She looked at Discord, the questioning was clear in her tone. Both of the Princesses shared a look and stared at Discord, now it was his turn to shift his eyes around and whistle innocently.


’‘Twilight, could you please go and get your friends? This is rather important.’’ Luna tore her eyes off Discord and to the unicorn in the room.


’’Of course, they’re at the Sugarcube Corner. I was going to go there and meet them, but I can go and get them. It’ll only take five minutes.’’ With that, Twilight walked out of the library, suspiciously eyeing Discord. Discord just stared back at her with a sly grin.


’‘You.’’ Celestia turned to Discord and poked him with her right hoof on his chest. ’‘Have some explaining to do.’’ Celestia was joined by her sister at staring at Discord accusingly.


’‘Well... You see...’’ Discord explained everything from when he broke free, managing not to talk about what happened with his feathered appendages when he met Applejack. The Princesses were just nodding and listening to everything he said. Celestia looked troubled when Discord told them about when he met Twilight, Luna seemed furious when he spoke about meeting Rarity. Celestia giggled at Spike’s behaviour.


Exactly 5 minutes later, Twilight walked back into the library with her friends in tow. Pinkie Pie just bounced around the room, oblivious to the Princesses and spirit in the room. Rainbow Dash hovered inside, she was not happy about being dragged away from the Sugarcube Corner, even by a request from the Princesses. Rarity was the next to walk inside, she immediately acknowledged the Princesses and bowed but when she saw Discord who had a disgusted expression staring back at her, she gulped and hurried inside. Her eyes widened at the sight of the heavy necklace around his neck. Applejack just trotted inside and tipped her hat to the Princesses, recieving a mean glare from Rarity for being so rude. Fluttershy walked meekly inside and ended up standing behind Applejack, ready to hide if something would happen.


’‘What didya wan’t from us, Princess?’’ Applejack spoke up for the rest of her friends, as all of them were confused to why they would have to come to the library without a notice.


’‘Well Applejack, that’s because our friend here has something to tell you.’’ Celestia spat, giving Discord a look that could kill. Discord just waved a hoof at her and stuck out his tongue at her.


All of the elements was surprised at Celestia’s sudden change in her tone, and Discord’s behaviour. Rarity gasped and lifted a hoof to her mouth to cover it. Discord just chuckled at their reactions.


’’I bet she means Phish-Posh!’’ Pinkie bounced victoriously around the room, grinning from ear to ear.


’‘Pinkie darling, it’s not er... Phish-Posh, it’s Phasmatis.’’ Rarity facehoofed, Discord just shook his head.


’‘You’re both wrong.’’ Discord deadpanned. Everypony except from the Princesses gasped. Rainbow Dash was just confused, as she hadn’t met Discord in his pony form yet.


’‘Wha-... What do you mean?’’ Twilight shifted her eyes from Discord to Princess Celestia and back.


’’My name is not Phasmatis, and I guess I could say that I’m not technically a pony either. I mean really, Twilight? I thought you had some more intellect than this.’’ Discord leaned casually towards a bookshelf. Both of the Princesses glared daggers at him with their eyes. ’‘Now if you will think of somepony you’ve met. He was chaotic, looked good, is a genius and can be umpredictable. And he looks really good right now. Even your precious Princess Celestia fears his full powers.’’ Discord grinned at them, exposing his slightly sharpened tooth.


’’No...’’ Twilight shook her head, not tearing her eyes off him for even a second.


’‘Yes.’’ Discord straightened himself from the shelf and walked closer towards the Elements. Both of the princess snapped into full attention at Discord, ready to act if he would do anything. Rainbow cleared her throat, momentarily getting the attention from everypony.


’‘Who’s this guy, and why is Twilight near to shitting herself in fear?’’ Rainbow asked innocently, carefully leaning her head to the right a little. Discord snortled and had to fight to not start laughing his flank off.


’‘He’s Discord.’’ Twilight growled and got in a defencive stance with her horn aimed towards him. Everypony except for the Princesses gasped again, but this time with more force. Fluttershy froze and fell to her side, her legs twitching furiously. She had fainted from the shock.


’‘Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner!’’ Discord lifted his hooves and mimicked hitting an invisible bell, while rolling his eyes.


’‘Why... Why is he here?’’ Rarity asked Celestia, shaking visibly and mentally whipping herself for flirting with him. Discord groaned and flailed his arms around, to show that he was there and could ask that directly to him. Rarity pouted. ’‘Fine. Why are you here?’’


’‘Who, me?’’ Discord asked innocently in a squeaky voice while fluttering his eyelashes. 3 slaps of facehoofs, 2 gigglesnorts and 3 groans echoed through the library. ’‘All joking besides, I came here for revenge, of course. But then, ‘Ol Shiny’’ He motioned towards Celestia. ’‘Came here with her sister and stopped me before I could do anything besides socialize.’’ Another wave of gasps was brought forward, this time even from the princesses. ’‘What? You turned me to stone. That’s the least I can do to pay you back.’’ He stretched his neck. The necklace wasn’t exactly comfortable.


’‘Meh, turning to stone can’t be THAT bad.’’ Rainbow walked in front of her friends. Discord twitched and scowled, staring at the cyan pegasus. He walked towards her with malice in his steps. The princesses assumed position to strike him down. Discord stopped just infront of Rainbow, who was starting to cower away from him. The rest of the elements stood on the tip of their hooves, except for Fluttershy who was still unconscious.


’‘Not bad..?’’ Discord growled. He stared right into the magenta eyes of the mare in front of him. ’‘Imagine the worst pain you have ever felt, and multiply it by five.’’ Everypony in the room winced at the idea. ’‘Imagine your very skin being turned into cold, hard stone.’’ Everypony shivered. ’‘But finally, Imagine as your eyes get covered over by stone, making you blind as your intestines freeze and come to a slow stop. And then, it reaches your heart. Making it stop in an instant.’’ Everypony felt sick, Luna was about to cry. ’‘And after the pain, there’s nothing. You cannot move. You cannot see. You can only hear your thoughts echo.’’ Discord turned away from Rainbow in a swift move, leaving her speechless. As soon as he had taken three steps away from her, a sobbing lunar princess pounded into his chest and clung to him, apologizing. Discord just looked down at her confused.


’’I didn’t know...’’ Celestia whispered.


’‘And now you know why I think you’re grim, Celestia. You ask me to apologize to those who caused me pain that is near indescribable. I can’t do that.’’ Discord relaxed and allowed Luna to rest her head on his neck. Celestia was lost in thought.


’‘Fair enough.’’ Celestia finally spoke up. ’‘But you must promise not to hurt them.’’


Discord stared at Celestia in silence for a couple of seconds, then down at Luna who was looking up into his eyes with a pleading look to accept the offer. Discord turned his head towards the elements. They looked petrified. Except for Fluttershy, who was unsurprisingly still unconscious. He finally looked down at the charcoal necklace around his neck, closed his eyes and sighed. ’‘Fine.’’ Everypony took a breath of relief and Luna stood back up and moved besides Discord, leaning slightly towards him.


Discord knew that he had been defeated. There was no idea in trying to fight anymore. ’‘Celestia.’’ The princess he had adressed perked as the mention of her name. ’‘All I ask is a fresh start. What do you say?’’ He reached out his left hoof who still had some dried blood on the base of it. Celestia was hesitant at first, but she reached out a hoof. Discord swiftly withdrew the hoof and stroked his mane while grinning. Celestia sighed and rubbed her hoof to her face, clearly annoyed. ’‘For real this time, I promise.’’ Discord snickered and held out his hoof again. This time, he and Celestia shook hooves. The air inside the library felt lighter as soon as they shook.


’’We should get back to Canterlot, come Luna.’’ Celestia started walking towards the door, Luna following her. Luna turned back towards Discord.


’‘You coming, Discord?’’ Luna asked expectantly. Discord looked down at his hooves and nodded, walking up to Luna. The three headed outside. Celestia’s horn flashed a yellow light and the chariot came flying towards them.


’‘Luna, why are you so dead set in being close to me ever since the fight?’’ Discord arched his eyebrow at the lunar princess.


’‘Because I know that you have some good inside you.’’ Luna sighed and looked away. She walked to the chariot and climbed aboard, with Discord following her.


Discord was lost in his thoughts. He had been tricked, defeated and humiliated by Luna. But still, he couldn’t shake the thoughts of her away from his head. It left him troubled, silently blaming his feelings for messing with him like this.


On the bright side, he can now annoy Celestia as much as he wants and get away with it in Canterlot of all places. He was going to have so much fun with her. Poor Celestia didn’t know what was coming. He grinned and leaned towards the railing, planning pranks all the way to Canterlot.