• Published 9th Jul 2014
  • 3,366 Views, 67 Comments

Twiley & Me - Lunatone



When I met Twilight Sparkle, I knew that we would become good friends. Wait...more than just good friends. We would become sisters. And we did. We never parted ways. But then she got ill, and didn't act like herself anymore.

  • ...
19
 67
 3,366

Epilogue

Twiley & Me

Lunatone

Epilogue

We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we’re not alone.

I sat here, in the heavy rain, staring at something; something that I didn’t believe at first. But I had to. I knew what I was seeing: it was Twilight’s resting place. It would hold her in an eternal slumber of peace.

Shining Armor and Cadance had already left the site, so I could have some time with her; just like the good old days. But these days weren’t anything like the good old days. These days were dark, haunting and ill. I usually seized the thought of the times Twilight and I had because I didn’t want to spend another second torturing myself from something I couldn’t rectify.

I grovelled for her to come back. I kept yelling: “Twilight! Come back to me please!” But my attempts were only in vain. I sobbed into the dragon lilies—I had picked out for her—until I was able to be in a more collective state. Such, this was surely a moment of obvious lucidity when you stand there to witness a loved one’s passing, yet no longer is it in your power to reverse the transition of death, despite your utmost actions.

But I knew what I had to do: I had to move on with my life because Twilight wouldn’t want me to dwell on her. She wanted me to be happy, and only I could do that.

Yet, knowing that I had to move on with my life, which meant that I wouldn’t be able to think of the moments Twilight and I had shared or else I would fall into my past, how could I move on without thinking about her after she had given me the precious gift of love and friendship? It would mean that everything Twilight and I had been through meant nothing.

But I had to move on. I had no choice. Twilight would want me to move on, and I wanted to do everything to fulfill her wishes, even if it affected me greatly.

I stood up onto my trembling hooves, and noticed how much the sky had dwindled from a rainy, overcast bleakness to a clear morning sky. The sun was at its peak too. The sunlight casted on Twilight’s stone, and I saw the carving that was chiselled into it.

I stared at the etched stone that read her name and date of passing. I didn’t sob this time, though. I smiled. I smiled because I became sisters with a wonderful pony I got to know and love as Twilight Sparkle.

Then I glanced up at the sky, noticing the field of Equestrian clouds across the skyline that had been set ablaze by the burning redness of Celestia’s rising sun. A rainbow even arched across the sky. It felt like a complete serenity was sent from the sun to shine on Twiley and me.

Then I faced Twilight’s headstone again for the last time. “It’s beautiful isn’t it, Twilight? The sky.” I smiled after saying that. “I love you Twiley. I’ll never forget you, Big Sis. And I promise we’ll see each other again. Even if it’s only in my dreams.”

Choking back my tears, I flew into the radiant sky.

Comments ( 19 )

This epilogue only made the story more beautiful than it was. I didn't even know that was possible.

The only thing that bothered me is how did twilight die was it depression Alzheimer's what?

Man. I have no words...
Congratulations.

4711626
4710911
4710504

I'm glad ya'll enjoyed it. I wrote that entire thing yesterday because I thought I'd include an epilogue, since most people love this story. :twilightsmile:

4714008 Thank you for writing it, then.

4714033

You are very welcome!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

While this was a sweet conclusion to this story, I felt it didn't fit in with the rest of it. The worse thing is that there is so much more to be explored with this sort of situation, like how the Elements could go on without the element of Magic, which was what brought the two together.

Although I was slightly disappointed, it is still a good story in its own right and the epilogue captured a small light that was in an eternal darkness.

4721477 Yeah, it's kinda weird to have a "happy" ending to such a sad and dark story. Nevertheless, I enjoyed it thoroughly.

This was super sweet, but I have one major overarching comment - thank you for using "affect" and "effect" correctly. You earn my eternal respect for that.

Also, you really need to see about adding some brakes to that Feel Train you've got. That thing's an emotional hazard. :raritywink:

4801759

Thank you good sir. I love it when I read new comments on my stories. When I first read your comment, I didn't understand what you meant by "Emotional Hazard", but I do now :twilightsheepish:.

Effect and affect are two very confusing words in English. But the words: "Lay and "Lie" take the top spot for being the most confusing words in the English language in my book. What a hassle it is, en'it?

So short compared to other sad fics I've read, yet it still brought me to tears, that is rare my friend. Good job!

I really did like this story it was so sad but with what happened you made it a happy ending somehow. You certainly made me cry.

Approved for Nonpareil Fiction. Well done.

Comment posted by Lunatone deleted Dec 28th, 2014

Then I faced Twilight’s headstone again for the last time. “It’s beautiful isn’t it, Twilight? The sky.” I smiled after saying that. “I love you Twiley. I’ll never forget you, Big Sis. And I promise we’ll see each other again. Even if it’s only in my dreams.”
Choking back my tears, I flew into the radiant sky.

I didn't cry throughout this whole thing until I got till the last part.Don't get me wrong,I felt sorry for them and quite sad too.But that last part did it for me,it made all of my bottled up emotions from this FiMFIC come out.
Good fic by the way.

I'm going to be honest here, when I first began this story I wasn't sure I liked the story-telling style that you used here. But by the end of it, I realized that the way you told the story only added to the story's impact. I noticed on your bio that, one day, you hope to become and author. I believe that you can achieve that goal with practice and dedication. Keep up the great work and let me know if ever you need help! :raritywink:

If anyone ever takes advice from me, this is what I would wish it to be.
That it matters not what others may say. What matters most is the passion you put into your work, day by day.
-Scuba12


aww, I didn't cry until the last part. :fluttercry:
The whole story was very sad. but don't get me wrong, I loved it. but really, the ending got me.

I would love to se you do a Preqal-sequel (if you know what I mean) on how they got close and how did they realise it. If you want to, of course.

I... can relate to this... and it's painful to think of.

Login or register to comment