• Published 18th Mar 2014
  • 655 Views, 5 Comments

Canterlot And Beyond - Starlight Shadow



Random stories that are usually less than a thousand words and are usually inspired by random stuff I don't even know why I'm inspired by.

  • ...
2
 5
 655

The First Time

Twilight Sparkle was dying.

Not from sickness or injury or old age. She was quite healthy, she hadn't been hurt (at least not physically), and she was quite young. She was dying of chronic jealousy.

Every single time Cadance and Shining Armor snuggled just a little closer to each other, Twilight died just a little more. Every single time they shared a peck on the cheek when nopony was looking except her. Every single time they laid their love out for the world to see, Twilight Sparkle died.

She wanted to be happy for her brother and her crush, but she just couldn't. Instead, she contemplated the bitter dregs of jealousy. Every time she looked up from her meal and saw Cadance and Shining Armor looking at each other with love in their eyes, she couldn't help but think That should be me she's looking at. Cadance is supposed to be mine. And then she would deny the thoughts to herself and reapply her fake smile. Nopony noticed that she didn't speak much at all.

And this was the very first time they would have Cadance over at their house for dinner.

The first time - implying there would be many more dinners that pricked a million tiny holes in Twilight's heart.

Something told Twilight that it would never get any easier.

Author's Note:

One of the 100th Prompt Specials for the Twidance collab.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment