• Published 18th Mar 2014
  • 655 Views, 5 Comments

Canterlot And Beyond - Starlight Shadow



Random stories that are usually less than a thousand words and are usually inspired by random stuff I don't even know why I'm inspired by.

  • ...
2
 5
 655

Video Games

Author's Note:

A night in the life of two extraordinary sisters.

"Son of a-" Luna's anguished cry rang through the bedroom she and her sister shared. They liked the arrangement - despite the various things the media said about them, they had kissed and made up over the whole "thousand years in the moon" thing, and now enjoyed late night sessions of Mareio Party together.

"Now, now, Lulu, don't curse." Celestia tried in vain to hide her laughter.

"You shut up." Luna sulked, her controller hovering in front of her in a gentle blue aura.

"Your turn, Lulu."

Luna pressed a couple buttons to roll the dice and have her character move across the board. She didn't know how she survived those thousand years without even a Neightendo DS in sight. The moon hadn't been as boring as ponies had thought (Extreme Boulder Duels still didn't get old) but come on! Come to think of it, she didn't know how she had lived back before she was banished and video games hadn't been invented.

"Tia?"

"Yes, Lulu?"

"I probably wouldn't have gotten banished if we just had a console and a Mareio Party game. Mareio Party is the best way of sorting out conflicts."

Celestia was quiet for a moment before cracking a smile. "Yes. Yes, it is. Now, how about that cola?"

Luna cracked open a bottle of the fizzy, cherry-flavored paradise that was cola. Yet another creation she had missed while on the moon.

"Tia?"

"Yes, Lulu?"

"Let's make it our mission to make trials games of Mareio Party instead of those boring court affairs."

"I don't think our courts would stand for that." Celestia chuckled.

"Well, we're the princesses, we outrule them if we find their ruling unjust. Boredom is quite possibly the most unjust thing this side of chariot sickness."

Celestia smiled as she thought about this leap in logic. "Luna, I haven't realized how wonderful it is to have you back."

"I won't lie, I did miss you a little while I was banished. Now, go ahead. Make my day with your stupid dice hax."