• Published 18th Mar 2014
  • 655 Views, 5 Comments

Canterlot And Beyond - Starlight Shadow



Random stories that are usually less than a thousand words and are usually inspired by random stuff I don't even know why I'm inspired by.

  • ...
2
 5
 655

Star

Rainbow Dash emerged from the bathroom in their hotel room wearing a simple white dress. Rather like her Wonderbolts Academy uniform, but a bit looser. The skirt went only halfway down her back legs, and the sleeves were short; it was more like a play dress than a fancy one. "How do I look?" She asked, smiling sheepishly.

Rarity pursed her lips. "Hold on." She floated over a plastic blue-green flower hair clip, using it to gently pin Rainbow's mane into a loose ponytail. "There." She smiled at her work. Her expression became worried. "Oh, I'm just so nervous."

Rainbow planted a small, breezy kiss on Rarity's cheek. "Don't worry. You're gonna be a star, Rares. I know it, you know it, quit buckin' denying it."

"Oh, stop it, you." Rarity gave Dash a playful push.

They were staying at Hotel Glamour in Manehattan, and off to Hoity Toity's Night Of The Stars, a fashion exhibition where numerous small-time commissioners like Rarity's designs were going to be showcased and available for purchase.
Rainbow Dash glanced at the clock. "We better head down and catch a taxi."

Rarity took a second to look in the mirror. Her black dress was far more extravagant and expensive-looking, at least in Dash's eyes; the sleeves went all the way down her front legs, and one of her flanks, as well as one of her hind legs was exposed, the long skirt covering the other and touching the floor. She wore small purple saddlebags in which she kept makeup for touch-ups. She wore no makeup outside of a bit of lip stain and her usual blue eyeshadow. "How do I look?"

"Awesome." Rainbow slid next to her mare, whispering in her ear, "So awesome, I could take you right here, right now..."

"Save it for the evening, dearest." Rarity gently nudged Dash away and added a purple diamond pendant before motioning for her to come out the door with her.

They headed down the grand golden stairwell and out of the hotel, Rarity's foreleg instantly up in the air, waving for a taxi. After about ten minutes of waiting in line, they were safely inside one.

Rainbow Dash looked up at the night sky, at a particular star. It shimmered blue, the color of Rarity's eyes and Dash's coat simultaneously. Rainbow Dash had pointed it out to Rarity when they were staying up late pretending they weren't tired; Rarity had gotten a kick out of it and deemed it their lucky star.

Rainbow Dash closed her eyes and did her best to send her wish up to the star: Dear Star, please give Rarity an edge in the Night Of The Stars. Please. I'll drink some wine for you if you do. You shine a pretty awesome color.