• Published 18th Mar 2014
  • 655 Views, 5 Comments

Canterlot And Beyond - Starlight Shadow



Random stories that are usually less than a thousand words and are usually inspired by random stuff I don't even know why I'm inspired by.

  • ...
2
 5
 655

Just Run

Author's Note:

Rarity learns to live in the moment.

"So we just run across the field?"

"Yup."

"All the way across?"

"Yup."

"No halfway point?"

"Yup."

Rarity stared across the immense field, where the barn and an ice cold lemonade awaited her. She just had to run a while, alongside her loveliest. She shot Applejack a glance. She pawed the ground to indicate that she was okay with this proposal. Applejack smirked and mimicked her gesture. They both crouched in a running stance.

"Three...Two...One...Go!"

Rarity pelted across the field. She normally didn't gallop for fear of sweating, but it really was exhilarating to just run, the wind lashing her mane back and thwipping her tail about. She really should gallop more often. Applejack pulled ahead of her, but she managed to keep pace all the way across the long stretch of emptiness that resided under the sky.

Every second brought the barn closer to them, its large red shape bouncing up and down as she continued to run. She dimly noticed Applejack's hat had fallen off, but neither of them cared. Laughing, they both skidded into a pile of hay, emerging in peals of laughter.

"That was...*pant*...exhilarating." Rarity smiled, red-faced, at Applejack.

"You thought that was exhilaratin'?" Applejack panted, smiling victoriously as she pulled Rarity in for a kiss. They held the kiss for a while before breaking it in search of air. They both pulled themselves out of the hay, Applejack dusting Rarity off.

"Applejack...your hat." Rarity gestured to the top of Applejack's head, which was distinctly hat-less.

"I'll go find it later. Let's go in for somethin' to drink." They both went inside, their tails brushing each other's flanks.