• Published 24th Jan 2014
  • 1,320 Views, 94 Comments

Beasts and Beings - Stories of Equestria's Inhabitants - Strongbolt Stonewing



Ever wondered what colour a Jumquap is? Or what makes Sporcelli angry? Well, stranger, now you too can know. For in your very hooves you hold the ultimate guide to Equestria's beasts and beings.

  • ...
0
 94
 1,320

Oclett

Ocletts are small, furry- Ah, we went through this already.

If you haven't read the 'Noctocletts' chapter then I suggest doing so. In fact, if you haven't read it then why are you even here? You have to read them in alphabetical order!

That's a bit... obsessive, isn't it?

*Twitch*

What do you mean? I've got OCD remember?

Yes, I remember. You spent a whole day reorganising the library into chronological order, then order of size, then alphabetical position, then author's name...

I don't think we need to go into too much detail on that subject.

What did you settle on in the end?

I think I just put them back to how they were. Not that you helped.

What are you talking about? I helped!

You came in once and said: "Hey, Shiera, look what I can do with my ears."

And you said: "Not now, Strongbolt." So I assumed you were alright.

Well, you should still be more considerate.

Alright, I will. Anyhow, we were talking about Ocletts.

Of course. Ocletts are small, furry creatures with a spherical body. They come in a variety of bright colours.

Unlike their gloomy, nocturnal counterparts, Ocletts are hyperactive and very bouncy.

Literally. They move around by bouncing.

They are incredibly friendly. If they find anything new, regardless of whether or not it's dangerous, they jump straight at it and bounce around.

That's just their way of saying "hello." Apparently, they have a complex language of bounces, but nopony has ever really figured it out.

They don't make too much sense, when we met an Oclett it just kinda hopped over and tried to cuddle my hoof.

At which point you screamed: "Ah! A fuzzy football!" And kicked it across the meadow.

Well, at least it didn't get hurt.

It broke three bones and lost a tooth. We had to carry it to the vet's, remember?

Oh yeah. Moral of the story: don't kick fuzzy footballs.

Um... sure?

And about that OCD thing... If it makes you feel any better, I'm a little slysdexic.

You mean 'dyslexic?'

Point proven.