• Published 24th Jan 2014
  • 1,320 Views, 94 Comments

Beasts and Beings - Stories of Equestria's Inhabitants - Strongbolt Stonewing



Ever wondered what colour a Jumquap is? Or what makes Sporcelli angry? Well, stranger, now you too can know. For in your very hooves you hold the ultimate guide to Equestria's beasts and beings.

  • ...
0
 94
 1,320

Imimbris

An Imimbris (Ih-mihm-br-ihs) is a magical creature with the body and face of a mouse, tail of a trout and tiny webbed feet.

They are known as the mice of the water because... well, they're the mice of the water.

You can usually find families of Imimbrises living in or near ponds. As the title suggests, they are semi-aquatic creatures who spend large amounts of time (usually around five to ten hours a day) in the water, either searching for food or laying back and just relaxing.

The Imimbris's long tail allows it to move freely under the water. They also possess the strange ability of summoning water within their throats, then extracting the oxygen, allowing them to breath, and finally expelling the left over hydrogen from the pores in the tail's scales to propel themselves forward.

They can also use this ability as a defense mechanism by spitting the water out and stunning their enemies.

Just like tiny, mouse-shaped water pistols.

Now, these guys may sound cute, but you have to take severe caution around them...

Agitated Imimbrises are known to grow to three times their original size and take on the body of a viscous rat.

Their fur and scales turn black...

...their webbed feet extend into claws...

...and their eyes turn to a terrifying shade of crimson red.

When an Imimbris becomes a Dark Imimbris, bad stuff happens.

The water they spew from their throats raises to temperatures of up to a hundred degrees and they become incredibly hostile.

They'll spit boiling water over just about anything in a desperate attempt to release its rage. And trust me, it's both painful and ironic to be burned by water.

Remember when we met a rogue Imimbris in the fields bordering Ponyville?

How could I forget? Do you even know how much pain I was in on that day?

I could probably guess.

I've had more pleasant experiences in a Xagon's stomach.

You know the readers won't get that joke until they read the Xagon chapter?

Well, what has been written cannot be undone.

Unless you have an eraser.

*Sigh*

Unless you have an eraser. Which we do not.

Why did we write a book without bringing an eraser?

I don't know, maybe because you're so unorganised?

Well, I certainly wasn't 'unorganised' when the Dark Imimbris attacked. Especially since I was the one who brought the remedy to its anger.

Bullets.

What? No! Sugar! Imimbrises have a strange attraction to sugar, spice and all things nice...

Why does that sound so familiar?

So anything that fits into those categories can calm an Imimbris in seconds. Which it did.

Yes, thanks Shiera. You're a lifesaver... or a flank-saver at least.