• Published 24th Jan 2014
  • 1,321 Views, 94 Comments

Beasts and Beings - Stories of Equestria's Inhabitants - Strongbolt Stonewing



Ever wondered what colour a Jumquap is? Or what makes Sporcelli angry? Well, stranger, now you too can know. For in your very hooves you hold the ultimate guide to Equestria's beasts and beings.

  • ...
0
 94
 1,321

Ezemar

Now here's an interesting creature.

What? Ezemars? Are you sure we're on the same chapter?

What do you mean?

Well, Ezemars are small, pink and they look like turtles. How exactly are they interesting?

Sometimes it's not so much the appearance as it is the personality. Ezemars are known for being the creatures of romance.

Oh, of course.

You don't sound too enthusiastic.

I'm not too enthusiastic.

Why?

I'm not really the biggest fan of all that mushy-romantic stuff.

Mushy? I think it's quite cute. Perhaps SOMEBODY can learn something from the Ezemars.

Well, whoever that SOMEBODY is probably wants to know what Ezemars actually are.

You're hopeless sometimes. Anyway, Ezemars, also known as Turtle Loves (Turtle Doves, see the pun?), are, as Strongbolt explained, small, pink creatures that closely resemble turtles and share many of their traits.

For example: they both have shells, they're both very slow and they're both very boring to watch.

For some. I find them pretty adorable. You see, despite their animalistic appearance, they do in fact form large societies across the world and communicate through a language of clicks and snapping.

So they're actually Beings, even if they aren't that intelligent.

I wouldn't say that, Ezemars are actually one of the few species in the world that recognise emotions such as love. They often present each other with gifts such as flowers or food to represent their affection towards their partners, a trait that SOMEBODY should really have.

I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at, Shiera. But anyhow, Ezemars are generally passive, the only times they show aggression is when their friends or families are under threat.

Don't you find that sweet?

Not really.

Because I would if SOMEBODY gave me gifts or SOMEBODY looked after me like that or SOMEBODY actually remembered our anniversary!

Oh, that 'SOMEBODY' is me? Are we still talking about that anniversary thing?

Yes! How could you forget such an important day?

I didn't forget, I just... didn't remember.

That's the same as forgetting!

Well, does it really matter if on one day I didn't give you a gift to show my appreciation? Everyday I love you more and more and I know you love me back. It's not a question of who gives who what or who does what for who. It's just about loving your partner to the best of your ability and always being there for them. I'll always love you, isn't that what really matters?

Wow... that was beautiful.

Please don't start crying.

*Sniff*

Shiera, please.

*Sob*

Shiera, if you start crying, you know I'm going to cry too.

*Sniff*

Okay. I'll try not to.

You're alright?

I'm alright.

You sure?

I'm sure.

Okay, so that's all there is for...

Okay no I'm not.

*Cries*

Um, Shiera...

I love you, you know?

*Cries More*

I know.

I really do.

I know, I know. But right now we're writing a book, so could we save this for-

I'm really sorry I yelled at you.

*Cries Even More*

I know, it's okay.

*Continues to Cry*

Um, next chapter?

*Sniffles*

Okay.

Okay then. Let's-

*Still Cries*

This might take a while...