• Published 24th Jan 2014
  • 1,321 Views, 94 Comments

Beasts and Beings - Stories of Equestria's Inhabitants - Strongbolt Stonewing



Ever wondered what colour a Jumquap is? Or what makes Sporcelli angry? Well, stranger, now you too can know. For in your very hooves you hold the ultimate guide to Equestria's beasts and beings.

  • ...
0
 94
 1,321

Draconequus

A Draconequus is a very strange creature indeed. It's body is made up of all sorts of Beast, Animal and Being parts.

In other words, it has the head of a pony and a body made up all sorts of other things.

There have been very few sightings or even rumours of Draconequuses (Draconequi?), the most famous of their kind would be Discord, the spirit of chaos who once ruled over Equestria until the day the Royal Sisters vanquished him using the Elements of Harmony.

Most ponies saw Discord's full power when he took over again a few years back, but of course, his reign was rather short lived.

He was imprisoned in stone once again and remained that way for a short while, then, Princess Celestia decided that he should be given a second chance. So, she tasked the new holders of the Elements of Harmony with reforming him, a job they did exceptionally well on.

You may wonder why Celestia would risk unleashing such a creature when it could put Equestria in danger. Well, you first need to understand that Discord is incredibly powerful.

He can literally make anything happen with the click of his... um, what are those long things that stick out of his hooves?

Good question, I have no idea.

Well, whatever they are, he can use them to make just about anything happen, which is pretty useful. The only problem is, he takes nothing seriously, which, surprisingly enough, has often led to his downfall.

We are yet to understand how Draconequians use their magic, where it originates from or why they use it. But what we do know is that it can do some serious damage in the wrong hooves.

Hence, Celestia had him reformed to prevent any future attacks.

I do hear he is still quite mischievous, though.

As long as he doesn't try to enslave Equestria again, I think we'll be alright. Anyway, should we explain how we met Discord?

I don't see why not.

Alright, this was one of our strangest adventures by far. It happened before any of our other adventures, yet it wasn't our first.

Have you figured it out yet? I'll give you a hint: it involves an awful lot of magical power.

Time travel. An immensely difficult spell to perform.

You may now wonder: how do an earth pony and a pegasus, who have no magical power between them, manage to travel backwards in time?

The answer: a mistake.

You see, we were travelling across some of the unexplored regions of Equestria, the Great North, to be exact.

Now, as the story goes, King Sombra caused the Crystal Empire to disappear a thousand years ago, only to have it reappear in the present day. King Sombra had intended for the Crystal Empire to move one thousand years into the future so that it would not have changed when he awoke.

However, moving an entire empire across space and time would have proved impossible, even for the most talented of unicorns. So instead of moving it, he switched its place with whatever was in that exact location one thousand years in the future.

Which, unfortunately, happened to be us.

During our time in the past we has a few adventures, one involving Discord taking over again. I don't remember much, but I'm pretty sure that I went a little bit insane and Strongbolt's wings were turned into jelly.

Luckily, the Royal Sisters managed to reverse those changes and send us back in time again to the moment just before Sombra sent the Crystal Empire to the future, this time with us in it.

I guess you could say we hitched a ride. But anyhow, that's all we know about Draconequusites, and Discord for that matter.

Don't you ever wonder what he does now?

Who? Discord?

No, Jacob the magic potato. Who else?

Oh... that was sarcastic wasn't it?

*sigh*

Yes, Shiera. Yes it was.

If you must know, then yes, I suppose that question has crossed my mind on the odd occasion. I just guessed that he's probably doing important royal work or something like that.

You can't really tell with a Draconequus, they really are mysterious creatures. A bit like mares: I'll never understand them.

Author's Note:

Apologies for any headaches, migraines, stomach cramps, cancers, ingrown toenails, loss of limbs, growth of limbs, atomic diarrhea, wounds, scars, blindness or generally any bodily dysfunction caused by the reading of this chapter. - Lots of Love, Strongbolt.