• Published 15th Mar 2012
  • 9,026 Views, 123 Comments

Who Rules?: The Wager - Nom_deCheval



The sequel to Who Rules?. A wager between Celestia and Luna shifts the balance in Ponyville

  • ...
28
 123
 9,026
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 47 )

Hang on. Two chapters ago Trixie didn't want Pinkie calling her Mistress. Now she's enforcing it? What'd I miss?

Also, this was excellent. Start to finish, fantastic as a story, as a clopfic and in some places, as a character study.

Shame Fluttershy didn't get in on the action though.

I wonder what will happen to Twi?:twilightsmile:

all that power

"The Ascended" this certainly has absolutely nothing to this right?:twilightsheepish::trollestia:

Dat epilogue two.

558023 Damn. You're right. My bad. I messed that up. I totally forgot about that moment. You missed nothing. I missed it. I'll probably go edit that out here in a minute, actually.

Thanks for the catch.


:pinkiegasp:

...if I can figure out how to edit the story... I can get to edit, but it doesn't seem to change the thing. ...hmmmm...


:facehoof:



Okay! Got it. Fixed. Thanks again for pointing that out. My bad.


:pinkiehappy:

Pretty enjoyable story. I think Trixie has misunderstood Luna's transformation, she went from god to more powerful god. Trixie would probably just reach ALicorn level strength. If you ever do make Trixie go down that sort of route, it would be funny to see it backfire in her face when she transforms in front of Luna, Celestia and maybe Cadence.

Ohmysquee! I was hoping for a big sexy orgy and BAM there it is. I really loved this and I'm excited to know you will continue this series!
Dem epilogues. Trixie admit your love! Somepony as great and powerful shouldnt be afraid!

Super story, you've got a real talent for making the story more interesting and then finishing it just at the right moment.

Too bad though that there wasn't much detail in what Rarity and Pinkie did while the others were away.

558110
No prob! You might also want to mark the story as Complete while you're at it :P

oh yea i see twilight sparkle ascenting from that 'accident' with celestia and trixie will still be left in the dust:pinkiehappy: cant wate for your next book:twilightsmile:

Honestly, I wouldn't regret seeing Trixie take Celestia or Luna down a few pegs.
They really need to learn that it's not OK to toy with others like this. :unsuresweetie:

Damn, I'm actually hoping Trixie hurts Celestia/Luna. They used her like a play thing and ordered her into a sexual situation against her will.

Well i would say that that was Trixies goal from the start so not like shes an angel, but yeah playing sex games with others.

Also just thinking about it but, there is no clop about a NMM version of Celestia so one book could be about how deep down a part of Celestia is disgusted about her own behavior and thus Solar Flare is born (or any other name heh), there is the chance for Trixie to find out more about it too.

571880 While I agree that Twilight was being manipulated, I don't see where the sisters were "mean" to her. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I want to see where you get that. (Hey, things happen in my stories that I don't realize are there, sometimes!) All of the Trixie statements I totally see. And right now in the storyline Twilight is happy. She feels that her relationship with the sisters has grown--albeit in a very odd way.

As always, to everyone, thanks for the kindness and support.

:pinkiehappy:

I found Twilight a bit over-receptive of the whole wager thing. It's one thing to find out that your mentor is a sex slave. It's another to find out the people you trusted most actually manipulated, deceived and used you for their own amusement. Everything worked out okay, I guess. Me, on the other hoof, I'd be pissed beyond belief. Enough to perhaps warrant a punch or ten in the jaw.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must return and see what Twilight was thinking during her astral projection. Tata!~~

572541

I made that comment on Chapter 2 as I'm still working my way through them, and I'm sure things get better for her later.

Just whenever Celestia got all stern and demanded Twilight call her "Your Majesty" or refused to let her eat with them it just seemed like she was pushing Twilight around. I'm pretty sure I know why she was doing it, it just made me feel bad for Twilight.

573457 Gotcha! Okay, that makes perfect sense.

572920 And from the way you are talking, I'm assuming that you weren't finished with the story, either. (Correct me if I am wrong.)

Both of you let me know how you felt when it was done. (I truly do value feedback. I always want to get better. :pinkiehappy:)

...I normally put a happy Pinkie here, but I just used one, so: :raritystarry:

573967
Okay, I finally finished reading it so here's a brief list of my thoughts.

"Pinkie turned to look at the reader" this is probably the best line in the whole thing, and it is slightly terrifying.

The more I think about the RarityxTrixie pairing the more sense it makes to me. My new favorite pairing for those two. I also particularly enjoyed that they were actually more like a couple instead of just going around acting like sexual deviants. It helped "humanize" Trixie and gave a nice contrast.

The Pinkie thing felt kinda forced and I personally don't see Rarity or Pinkie going along with that. This is counter-balanced by the end of that scene, which fit very well with the "Who Rules?" theme. Whenever Twilight was freaking out you got her just right, but when she got so angry that she didn't even listen to what Trixie said, well, that was pretty out of character. I also don't think Trixie would hate Twilight as she did save Trixie's life the last time they met. Celestia is pretty unlikable, but I have no idea what her personality is supposed to be as it seems to jump around a bit. Epilogue two has the most brilliant punishment ever.

The clop scenes toward the end are just... original. I really am not sure where you got the idea for domination, princest, astral-possession sexy time, but it was brilliant and I'm hoping it comes back as a way for Twilight to get around the whole being killed by a horny princess thing.

Pet Peeve - Salamanders are amphibians, meaning they need to be coated in moisture or they die, they would NOT be fire elementals (this has nothing to do with the story and everything to do with me being a nerd).

600650 A+ feedback. Thank you very much.

I realize that Celestia is acting a little erratic. That is addressed in the next "book." I am especially glad that you liked the Trixie/Rarity relationship. I wanted it to be an actual relationship, and not just sex. Luna and Celestia have a relationship in my mind, too, but theirs is a little more...complicated. And the reason why Twilight is so mad that she doesn't pay attention to Trixie is that she has been pushed for a week, is feeling very frustrated, and cuts loose; the fact that there is a storm around her is both symbolic and makes it harder to hear, so she might not have registered every word. She does regret it. But don't worry, that comes up in the next "book," too.

Oh, and salamanders were elementals before they were lizards (by name, anyway). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salamander_(legendary_creature)


:pinkiehappy:

601467

It's good to hear that you're going to address those things in the next book, can't wait for it.:pinkiehappy: *crosses fingers* Please don't make Trixie just straight up bad, she's my favorite so far (and maybe some TwiDash) *wink wink nudge nudge*. Then again if Dash is the only straight one/ one with standards/ morals that would be pretty funny too.

"lizards" *twitchy eye* ... amphibians... But I don't blame you, I blame the idiots who said that they made cocoons :facehoof: and received all sustenance from the fire.:rainbowhuh: Mythology does some weird stuff.

2 weeks without sex??? Celestia's a sex addict

“No. It is my clitoris, grown to a very abnormal size.”

Someone's taken a note from La Blue Girl.

1331046 The whole futanari thing as been around longer than that. And, actually, I've never seen La Blue Girl. But if that's a part of it, I can certainly see why you would think that.

:pinkiehappy:

1332395
*Checks wikipedia*
"interest in futanari dates back hundreds of years"
...
Damn!

1900386 I can't get the image to load...

:fluttershysad:

hooook that's enough for me , stuff was well handled i supposed but it's still not a specific turn on , and that was just waaaaaay so much reading , too much for my liking -.-'....

2260955 Well, I'm glad that you enjoyed what you read. Thanks!

:pinkiehappy:

I must say that I'm loving this series so far. Now onward to Ascended.

3246451 wait...why follow me?....

3247246because i like your story

3260530 mmmm you're not confusing me for nom here are you :l ?....

3418062 Thanks! Wow, I hadn't read this in quite a while. I need to go in and clean up the grammar in this one, big time!

:pinkiehappy:

I could not enjoy this in the slightest. In fact, reading this and skimming the rest of the series rendered me so unsettled and uncomfortable I had to lay down for a few minutes because I was afraid I was becoming ill, and no, I'm not exagerating about this. It happened. Even now, typing this comment, I'm feeling unwell, unsure of whether or not to go with through with this or leave it be. It's a debate I've had with myself for a while, but this story and its contents have been haunting me so badly now that it even kept me from sleeping well last night, and not in a good way. So, I finally relented and decided to leave a comment, well aware that I'm making myself a target for mocking and ridicule by doing so.

Having read this, the only thing I can ask is why. Why do you humiliate Celestia so? What has she done to you to make you hate her so, to despise her so utterly that you would strip her of any dignity and humiliate her to the core? Every word of this series was drenched in undisguised hate, taking delight in every bit of torture and humiliation you inflicted upon her. To further add insult to the injury, you make sure Luna is as glorified as possible and that the Moon Princess takes as much delight as you do in torturing, mocking and humiliating her sister. The glee Luna took in utterly humiliating Celestia was plain to see. It was painful to read.

You attempt to portray Celestia and Luna as being in love, but not once did I find even a speck of genuine affection in this. This Luna of yours doesn't love, she's not capable of it. She's a monstrous mare who takes delight in belittling, degrading and utterly humiliating her sister to the core. She's a rapist, proven by how she forced Trixie into the act with no option for Trixie of declining or stopping at any moment if she was uncomfortable. To further degrade Celestia's character, she's (of course!) portrayed as a pony who toys with Twilight's life, just to give an excuse for Luna and Twilight to rape and humiliate her in the end, and as final insult, you twist her character into enjoying it. That's not love. The way Luna gleefully fucks Celestia with her engorged clit says everything. Celestia's nothing but a toy to her, fuckmeat that has no other purpose in life but to satisfy her twisted pleasures. Celestia being raped by Nightmare Moon in the sequel only enforces this idea, even more so when Luna stays Nightmare Moon.

I am aware that Celestia's character in the show is mostly a mystery, but how you could ever think she has so little self-respect as to degrade and grovel like she does before Luna and Twilight here, I will never understand. Celestia does not strike me as a mare who would enjoy being humiliated and insulted. She bears the burden of rule, yes, all the more reason why she would not find the idea of being ruled herself compelling. Far more likely she desires kindness, soft care and a gentle lover, somepony who loves her for the mare she is. Instead, she gets Luna degrading her into a fucktoy. There is no kindness. There is no love. There is no occasional gentle touch, no genuine warm smile from Luna to assure Celestia that she's safe, to tell her that Luna really loves her.

The only time we see such kindness, such genuine warmth is when Twilight refuses to insult Celestia and calls her beautiful instead. How does Luna react? She doesn't, she just continues to hump away at her sister with her fake dick. Because Luna doesn't love her. She loves that she can dominate Celestia, but not her sister herself. When she calls Celestia her slave, you feel that she means it not as part of the play, but that it is genuinely what she sees Celestia as. Her slave, her toy to do with whatever she wants. It is clear that you're biased towards Luna, given the way Luna is glorified in this series. Not only does Luna get to be more powerful than Celestia, of course she also grows bigger than Celestia later on, only further hammering the point home for the reader how much Luna is superior in every way to her sister.

It was painful, very painful for me to read. It was difficult to even type this comment, I had to take a break and rest twice because of how upset and ill I was starting to feel typing it.

You may ask why I read this if I do not enjoy dom/sub, but the answer to that is quite simple. How could I have known it would affect me so? After all, it was tagged with romance, so, even if I was sceptical about BDSM parts, I still manage to enjoy the occasional story with such elements as long as it is well executed and I'm a fan of the Lunestia ship. So, I gave this a chance, hoping for the best. What I got instead was the most vile, spiteful anti-Celestia pro-Luna story I have ever read. Never have I read a story soaked with so much hate and spite for a character I love. Never before was being a Celestia fan so painful. I wish I could have avoided it and spare both you and myself the unpleasantness of this encounter, but it is hard to do so when this series pops up in every Lunestia group out there. I was bound to come across it sooner or later.

So, one sleepless night, cold sweat, nausea and trembling body later, here I am, finally commenting on the series that's been haunting me in the back of my mind since the day I became a Lunestia fan. I did not like it, at all. For me, there is not a single redeeming factor to this series. However, I am aware that all of the above is just my opinion. If you, as the author, enjoyed writing it and most of your readers enjoyed reading it, then there is nothing I can do about that no matter what my personal feelings on this are. I'm not as foolish as to make any demands of you to take this down or any such nonsense, I can not and will not do that. But I did want to let you know how your story made me feel. After all, I feel getting comments, both positive and negative, is one of the best things about writing fiction.

I know you'll probably think of me as pathetic, to be affected so badly by a bloody fanfic as to feel physically unwell by it. You'll probably laugh at me or mock me, it wouldn't be the first time the author of a clop-fic did so. If you want to say I need help because it sounds like I'm mad or abnormal for being affected so by your story, you would be absolutely correct. Being autistic tends to do that to people, I'm aware of that, so you might be pleased to hear I already have professional help. However, it doesn't change the fact that your story made someone feel unwell and perhaps more than just that one person. I don't want to make you feel guilty, that would be stupid since in the end, it's entirely my fault for taking it so damn close to heart. Such is life when you've got a brain that's crosswired somewhere like mine and there's nothing to be done about that.

But, I did feel that you, as the author of this series, had the right to know what feelings you invoke in your readers, be they good or ill. So, I leave you here my honest opinion, even if it might not be one you expected or were hoping for. Take it as you will.

3568190 First off, I would NEVER belittle someone for giving me their honest, heart-felt opinion. I thank you for taking the time out to write what you did.

That said, I will give my counter.

I am actually not a Luna-phile. If anything, I am a Celestia-phile. Celestia is my favorite character on the show, and I hold her in very high regard. That's why she is in almost all of my stories.

In the Who Rules? series I do not present Luna as being more powerful than Celestia. Quite the opposite in fact. I view Celestia as the single most powerful being--unless Chrysalis has been amped up--in all of Equestria. Publicly, she is always in control and the ultimate authority in Equestria. She is a calm, wise ruler with the power to back up her dictates. She is all that is good in someone--or somepony, in this case. So, no, I do not hate Celestia. Far, far from it.

And yes, I do see Luna and Tia as being in love. Just because someone enjoys being in a submissive position, while another is dominant, it does not make them un-loving. It is very, very common for people in a position of great power publicly to enjoy giving up that power sexually and playing a submissive role privately. I do not see Celestia as being degraded in any way that she does not fully enjoy and acquiesce. The idea that Luna is "raping" her again and again is very off base. In the first story in the series, Celestia comes to the realization that she is sexually aroused by being submissive, and ASKS Luna to be her Mistress, to which Luna agrees. The only time there is a rape of Celestia is when Nightmare Moon comes back, and does actually rape her as a show of personal power.

And I think you confuse something very basic. It is not a lack of self-respect that leads to someone becoming submissive. Being submissive is a very cathartic release. You have to be with someone that you trust completely, but when it happens it is a very wonderful thing. You are letting someone else control you in the most intimate way possible. I know, because I am a submissive in a relationship--many year marriage, actually--with a dominant woman. I do not feel any hate or disrespect when my wife and I are together sexually at all. I feel the love and trust that we share with each other all the time. And the two of them do share tiny, loving moments together, as I have represented in the stories several times. My version of Luna is more direct and harsh than the one in the show, yes, but she is not a monster, she is just coming to terms with herself as much as Celestia is throughout the stories.

I will agree that Luna took things too far with Trixie. That was the spark that led to the story after this one, The Ascended. Luna did go too far, no question. Sometimes, we do things that we aren't aware of until it is too late, and all we can do is deal with the repercussions. Such is the case with what Luna does in The Wager. She learns from it, though, and doesn't act that way in the stories that follow.

Now, I am very sorry that my stories have caused you such pain that it has actually affected your sleep. You may want to avoid powerplay/BDSM stories in the future, just for your own well-being. It is not for everyone.

Thanks again for taking the time to write. I do hope that venting helped to remove any lingering issues my story might have created.

3568997

First off, I would NEVER belittle someone for giving me their honest, heart-felt opinion. I thank you for taking the time out to write what you did.

That's very kind of you, and more than I expected to receive.

Just because someone enjoys being in a submissive position, while another is dominant, it does not make them un-loving. It is very, very common for people in a position of great power publicly to enjoy giving up that power sexually and playing a submissive role privately.

I am aware of that and I was not speaking about the aspect of submision and domination as un-loving in general. If that was what it looked like I was implying, I apologise. I simply do not see any love in this particular case of Celestia and Luna as portrayed here. I'll go into further detail down below.

The idea that Luna is "raping" her again and again is very off base.

I'm aware that it's not technically the case as far as the story goes, but it made me feel that way. It gave off the same feelings of unpleasantness and humiliation as rape does, mostly due to the lack of any tangible love elements. I'm not saying they're not there. Perhaps they are and perhaps, for most readers, it is enough to convince them. For me it wasn't. I couldn't see it, I couldn't feel any chemistry of love between these characters. Not with the way Luna took so much glee in doing it, as if she was finally getting her revenge for a 1000 years ago, as if she had finally found her way to conquer Equestria, not through a coup, but by a more dirty, underhanded way of toying with her sister's feelings and emotions simply for her own selfish, disgusting benefits and pleasures.

You say you do not see it that way and that you did not intend for it to be taken this way, and I believe you. However, then this is a case where, at least in the way it came across to me, the story failed to properly relay the intent of its author to me, the reader. You intended it to be genuine love with dom/sub play, while I experienced it as genuine, malicious humiliation of Celestia as a character. Somewhere along the way, the story made an error in communication. I'm not saying this to imply it was badly written, just that it failed to deliver its true intent to me. If that's because the story lacks something, because my autistic brain cannot grasp certain bits, or a combination of both, I cannot say, however I'm inclined to go with the latter (no offense).

And I think you confuse something very basic. It is not a lack of self-respect that leads to someone becoming submissive. Being submissive is a very cathartic release. You have to be with someone that you trust completely, but when it happens it is a very wonderful thing.

I'm not at all going to argue against that, because I agree. I certainly do hope I did not give the impression that I was implying people who are submissive lack self-respect. If I did, then please accept my apologies, it was not intentional.

That being said, I'll try to explain better why I feel this way concerning this particular case of Celestia and Luna. For starters, I don't think that Celestia, as we know her, would be against the idea of being submissive, so if she would partake in it, I don't think she lacks self-respect. However, in my views, there are multiple ways of being submissive and varying levels of how submissive one can be, same with the dominating character. It's there that this story struck me the wrong way. I cannot, in all honesty, see the Celestia we know do or enjoy what she undergoes in this story. It does not stroke with her character we know, at least in my eyes.

I can perfectly see Celestia as being willing to be bound in varying forms of bondage and it is in fact an element to erotic fanfiction that I like. I can see her being submissive in that she is bound and not in charge and leaves control entirely in the hooves of her lover. I can certainly understand why, after the stressful work of ruling, it would be like something of a release to her. However, I cannot see her allowing or enjoying going to an even higher level of submission. By which I mean, the name-calling. That is probably my biggest turn-off in any clopfics I've read containing bondage elements. Some people enjoy it, some people like it, I know that and by all means, please, do not let me stop you. But I, personally, do not like it and probably because I don't, I can't see Celestia doing it either. I cannot imagine her enjoying being called degrading names or calling another pony master or mistress. It is painful for me to even imagine her doing so.

The biggest reason is that, for me personally, it doesn't go with her character. It would defeat the purpose of why I think Celestia would enter bondage in the first place. For her, to be bound would be a release from the stress of ruling. I can absolutely see her enjoying simply being bound and surrendering herself to the caring, gentle, tender and loving hooves of her lover. Because at that level of submission, it's about equality and entirely about trust. There is no master and slave, no ruler or subject, simply one lover in the comfort of another (maybe a little teasing, but never malicious or cruel or going as far as in roleplay). By adding the further submission of slave / mistress, Celestia is forced in another situation of ruling. It would be no different from what she does all day. Yes, she's in the position of subject this time, but that's a reversal of positions, not of situation. There's still ruling going on and because of that, I can't see her experiencing it as a relief or as freedom.

I imagine Celestia, when the day ends, wanting to put off her crown. I can imagine her wanting to be submissive in that she'd allow herself to be bound, not because she wants to be a subject, but because she wants to be a mare. She is confronted with subjects and rulers every day, being a subject herself would bring her little relief or freedom from that. It would just be her being forced in the same old tired routine of masters and slaves. I can her imagine wanting to just be a mare for once. No status, no positions, nopony above or below her. Just her, entrusting herself to the hooves of her lover. She's still allowing herself to be 'dominated' and she's still 'submissive' in this scenario, but there's a fundamental difference between this one and the one in the story. The one I described I can see happening, I can see fitting to Celestia's character, but not the one in the story.

I am aware that this is probably just a matter of how we see Celestia's character. The reason why I said Celestia had so little self-respect in the context of the story comes from this and my views as described above. I just can't see Celestia letting herself be forced again in the same routine she goes through every day, only in reversed roles. To me, it felt like she had no self-respect because she enjoyed being forced again in the situation of there being a ruler (even if it's not her). It feels more than a bit wrong, as if Celestia thinks she can not exist outside of a master/subject scenario, regardless of which role she fulfills in that scenario. That just seems like disrespecting herself. Princess Celestia isn't defined by the "princess", but by the "Celestia". She's a mare, yet in this story she only sees herself as being a title, be it princess or slave. To me, that felt like a lack of self-respect.

I hope that made sense, I'm really doing my best to word my views and my ways of thinking here as clearly as possible. Again, I want to stress that I do not think people who enjoy being submissive lack self-respect and I apologies deeply if I made it seem that way.

I do not feel any hate or disrespect when my wife and I are together sexually at all. I feel the love and trust that we share with each other all the time.

I am very glad that you get enjoyment out of your private life and again, I absolutely do not think there is hate or genuine disrespect involved in your relationship or that you lack self-respect. If I have offended you because my comment seemed to imply this, I again apologise, it was not intentional, please believe me when I say that. When I mentioned hate and disrespect, I meant that that was what I felt purely in this relationship between Celestia and Luna. Everything I talked about in my comment should be seen only in the context of this story and not BDSM in general.

But I did feel hate and disrespect in this story. You say it is not intentional, or at least, not meant to be taken as such and I believe you, I have no reason to think you're lying to me. However, again, it means there was another error in communication between myself and the story. Because I did see hate, I did see disrespect even where others do not. Most of this comes from the characters of Luna and Celestia, their behaviour, actions and interactions. I've already gone into detail as to why I feel Celestia is off, so I won't repeat myself here. I briefly mentioned before how, to me, it felt like Luna was taking too much malicious glee in what she was doing. I'm aware that part of it is just her playing her role as Mistress, so it's more difficult to distinguish where exactly things go wrong that made me say "do not want!".

Most of it is purely just, well, gut feeling, as stupid as that sounds. But it is the case here, there was something about the way Luna behaved, the way she spoke and acted, that felt off. What I felt was that for Luna, it was no longer a roleplay, to her it was very real. Again, it's also due to the fact that I just couldn't feel any romantic chemistry between the two of them. Brushes and small kisses and such, it just felt hollow, meaningless. It felt like Luna was keeping up the facade of "loving" Celestia so she could continue to fool Celestia and keep on humiliating her. It felt as if Luna didn't love Celestia so much as she loved the fact that she could make Celestia her bitch. For Celestia, it might have been just a play, something that aroused her, but all the time, I couldn't shake the feeling that Luna was, in a very underhanded, vile way, taking advantage of her sister's kinks under the pretense of "love" to do such things to her sister.

To me, if felt like, while Celestia was playing her part as "slave", Luna wasn't playing her part as "Mistress" at all, she was just being herself. That puts everything she does in a very dark, painful and entirely unenjoyable light for me. It's one thing to have these characters do these things to each other within the boundaries of a roleplay, but another thing entirely when one of the two actually means it (while the other doesn't realise it). That's how it seemed like to me. That for Luna, everything she was doing to Celestia was sincere and how she really felt. Every humiliation, every degrading word she said was said not by "Mistress" Luna, but simply by Luna, while Celestia wasn't even aware of what her sister was actually doing to her.

I hope you can understand why this unsettled me so. Again, I accept that this was not the way you intended the story to be, it's simply how the story was interpreted by my brain. Could you have done anything about that? Yes and no. Being autistic, my brain is haywired at certain points and I do have difficulties picking up certain subtle meanings or signs and I do have a tendencies to take things literally. On the other hoof, if, for example, there had been reminders during the scenes themselves that Luna was just playing a role, that she did not really think Celestia a bitch and did of course not really want to humiliate and torture her sister, then I probably wouldn't have had much problems with these stories at all. But it is this reminder, these obvious signs that say: "Don't worry, it's a roleplay, Luna actually really cares for her sister and would never actually do anything to permanently hurt her, be it physical or emotional", that I was lacking and that made everything, at least for my interpretation of Luna, go all wrong.

(I do have to admit there's also a smart part of me that is simply tired of dominant Luna. Whenever there is a story in which Celestia and Luna partake in sub/dom roleplay, Luna will always be the dom. That gets tiresome after a while, especially when my feelings on dom/sub stories are very dependant on how those stories are executed. It's especially frustrating for me given how I, for reasons I explained above, don't see Celestia wanting to be a "slave" at all.)

The irony of this all is that, on the whole, the scene where Celestia gets raped by Nightmare Moon in the sequel actually bothered me the least of all, because it was being honest in what it was showing. I lacked this during this story. To me, it was as if Luna was also being NMM and raping Celestia in this story, taking great pleasure and malicious glee in humiliating Celestia who so foolishly believed it all to be just a roleplay.

I will agree that Luna took things too far with Trixie. That was the spark that led to the story after this one, The Ascended. Luna did go too far, no question. Sometimes, we do things that we aren't aware of until it is too late, and all we can do is deal with the repercussions. Such is the case with what Luna does in The Wager. She learns from it, though, and doesn't act that way in the stories that follow.

I'm glad to hear that, though I do admit that I only briefly skimmed through the sequels. Given how I was just completely knocked out of left field by this story, I really didn't think I would survive reading the rest thoroughly. I skimmed through them only out of some morbid curiosity and for a bit of personal closure. I'm sorry for that.

Now, I am very sorry that my stories have caused you such pain that it has actually affected your sleep.

I thank you for your concern, though I will be the first to say that little of it is actually your fault and most of it is just simply me being not like "normal" people due to my autism. I hope I do not scare you or make you think of me as insane or weird by saying this. I know how it must appear to you, how strange that someone could be so affected by a simple fanfic. It's simply because I care so much about Celestia. I have trouble to put things in perspective, to not always take it so deeply personal. Normal people who read this story and don't like it would simply move on without feeling bothered (much). I can't. I'm aware of this, but it is very hard to actually go against this compulsion of my brain. I've longed many times to be normal, so I, too, could simply read and discard stories I didn't enjoy without suffering physically and psychically from it. In a way I envy people like you.

You may want to avoid powerplay/BDSM stories in the future, just for your own well-being. It is not for everyone.

You're right of course and I do try to avoid powerplay since the whole name-calling isn't my cup of tea, though I have read the occasional story that did have BDSM and powerplay that I did like, because of the way it was executed. This one was simply not one of them, but please do not take that as an offense. I admit that I do like bondage stories, however, and part of the reason I did finally read this is because I'm looking (almost desperately) for a Lunestia romance that has aspects of submissive and domination like I described in my scenario earlier. A story that has Celestia in (rope)bondage, but without the roleplay, no master and slave, but simply Luna and Celestia with the former tenderly and lovingly making the latter feel good.

Sadly, even after all my time on fimfic, I have yet to find such a story and I think I've read (or at least skimmed through) almost all Lunestia clop there is out there. It is hard to find a story with that form of bondage even outside the Lunestia ship. Whenever there is any form of sub/dom in stories, it is almost always as in this story, with master/slave and name-calling, which I just can't enjoy (most of the time). In fact, the only story that comes to mind that did have it were the Xenophilia stories and another lovely gem that I believe was called "The Second Time Around". Two stories, out of all the romance and clop I've read or come across is really not a lot.

I would really like to write such a story myself, but I'm holding back because I'm not sure I could do it well. I've been writing fanfics in all kinds of fandoms for nine years by now, but I've never written a pure romance story, let alone one containing erotica. Not that I don't want to, but again, I'm not sure if I could write one that's good. I guess I'm scared of messing things up. Trying new things is always a challenge for me.

Thanks again for taking the time to write. I do hope that venting helped to remove any lingering issues my story might have created.

Thank you for giving me such a kind, polite reply. I'm sorry to give you another lengthy comment in return, but I actually really found myself enjoying further explaining my reasons and my views on Celestia's character in this post. It certainly helped a lot to make me feel better, but then again, I've always liked having a good conversation (which is ironic given how, in real life, I'm usually too shy to start a conversation). I understand if you won't reply back in kind, since there are probably more interesting things than my ramblings, but I definately wouldn't mind talking to you again.

And with that, I do apologise for the many cases of strong wording and language in my original comment. I know I made a lot of assumptions and could have probably explained a lot of things better and more rationally, but I was feeling really emotional and worked up while I typed it (as I mentioned in the post itself). I should not have been so quick to assume you hated Celestia or wrote this out of spite and for that, and any other thing I said that might have come across as offensive, I apologise.

Thank you very much for talking to me.

3569696 Totally understand, and I'm glad you shared your opinions with me. I'm not offended or upset in the least. Not everyone likes the same things. That's why they make chocolate ice cream. :pinkiehappy:

Of my stories, you might enjoy "Best Princess" a little more than the "Who Rules?" series. Yes, it's a one-shot, but it has a tone that I think you will enjoy more. But if you don't want to give it a try, I would totally understand.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts.

:pinkiehappy:

3570632

Of my stories, you might enjoy "Best Princess" a little more than the "Who Rules?" series. Yes, it's a one-shot, but it has a tone that I think you will enjoy more. But if you don't want to give it a try, I would totally understand.

Actually, I think I've read "Best Princess" before, as well as "Round Two" and I liked both stories on their own, but with my feelings about "Who Rules?" I always felt conflicted how to tfeel or react to them. Now that I've spoken to you, though, I think I can finally and safely make a decision concerning my thoughts about them. I think I'll reread them again soon and then you can probably expect two more upvotes and favourites. Consider it as somewhat of an apology for failing to enjoy this series.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts.

You're most welcome. Being able to really sit down and write down my thoughts and feelings on the matter really helped me to feel better. Your response was both a relief and a revelation to me. You've shown me kindness and patience, when I didn't expect to receive it, for which I'm really grateful. It made me realise I misjudged you, for which I am sorry. That you allowed me to speak my thoughts has made that I've come to respect you as a person. Again, I'm grateful and I'll take this opportunity to thank you in turn for allowing me to comment.

That being said, to be entirely honest there are a few more questions I'd like to ask. Given how they don't have much to do with this story in particular anymore, I was thinking of sending them by Private Message so the comment section here can remain on topic, if that's alright with you. At least, if you can tolerate my presence for a little longer (I'll understand if you can't, I don't want to overstay my welcome).

3574695 Sure. Feel free to PM me.

:pinkiehappy:

3583265 Heh. Yeah, I deal with that in Shattered Hearts.

:pinkiehappy:

oh horseapples.....You did just a perfect characterization of Trixie in this story and you did remind me why I dislike her so much..... :facehoof:

4416718 I don't know how far you are into the story, but I will say that I try to make Trixie seem a little more insidious early on than she turns out to be. She's no angel, I admit, but she's not a bad pony.

And I will also admit that, of all the Who Rules? tales, this is my least favorite. I think they get much stronger after this one, so, please, stick with it if you can.

:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

I admit that i was worried by this at first. Far too many stories start on the BDSM route and feel like they have to get constantly more dark and dominating. I especially liked Twilight's refusal to dirty talk Celestia, that may change in the future but it would be completely OOC right now. By keeping inside the boundaries of the Character's character you have instantly done better than 90% of the other dom fics on this site.

And if you say it goes up from here, then i am very excited to see where it goes.

5589156 Actually, yes. Not in the current one I'm writing--Relations (in case this is read much later)--but she does play a major role in the next "book" in the series, which is, as of this writing, untitled. But I do have the rough plot playing around in my head, and I know for a fact that she's a big part of it.

:pinkiehappy:

Nice ending. Liked the story a lot.

Though, I wish we'd have seen Twilight apologising to Trixie. She did go off on her without Trixie doing anything wrong. And I kinda hope Trixie gets some kind of revenge, she wad indeed pretty much forced into servicing someone else sexually, against her will.

Welp, onto the next chapter, gotta teach Chryssie eventually.

Cya
Raziel-chan

10172274

Spike’s bed is a movable basket, the main bed is not.

Actually it is movable, because Trixie had this little thing called levitationn magic, and considering the fact that Rarity is there she could have helped to move it. Or at the very least set up a sleeping quarters downstairs for her.

It's still Spike's room & Twilight technically put him in charge, therefore what he says goes since Trixie is a guest.

I do hope she used a sound dampening spell though, that’s legitimately fucked up if she didn’t.

She didn't, they both just started going at it the moment he was gone. Which is beyond cruel when you really think about it.

Thanks for the fic!

While I have enjoyed the story so far, this chapter threw me for a loop. What really set it off the rails for me was the order in which events and explainations happened. I was so hung up on the wager and what it was about that I had to skim over the clop scene. Honestly not sure how I even feel about all this.

I think it's the lack of respect that was given all around. Trixie and the mane 6 were all used in the princesses dominance plays. Not much more than pawns. I feel like Twilight should be way more upset than Trixie. Sure she was used, but the relationships she got out of it I feel more than made up for it. Twilight should feel like a fool. Betrayed. Separated from Spike and the girls, toyed around with and eventually attacking an innocent, just for a bet.

I'll like your story because it is mostly well written, but I won't be reading further. I feel that toying around with the 'mortals' is gross and tasteless. I don't think things will get better. Especially after what Trixie wrote. Not a fan of drama like this.

Login or register to comment