• Published 16th Mar 2014
  • 913 Views, 9 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain - shysage



Just Fluttershy's sister... Across two worlds... Who would have thought that true friendship would make so great a difference...

  • ...
9
 9
 913

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 45, Through a Foal's Eyes

It was the morning after the 'Day of Remembrance'.

Camille, Dawn Flower's foal, awoke in the morning after a good nights sleep, then yawned and stretched.

Before long, she noticed an alarming sound, she heard her mom crying.

Camille got up and walked quickly from their room to the larger room at the back of Dawn's Floral Shop where they lived.

Camille walked over to her mom, who was still crying, and started to tear up herself.

"Are you sad mommy?" Camille said, concerned.

Dawn pulled her daughter close with a hug, and said "No Camille honey, mommy is just so very, very happy..."

Camille looked up at her mommy, confused.

Dawn tried to calm down so she could try to explain. In fact, she tried to even figure out how she would explain.

"Camille, you know my good friend Summer right?" Dawn asked.

"Yes mommy, but it looks like you have two good friends named Summer now, right?" Camille asked a little puzzled.

"Well yes, that's right" Dawn said with a smile, they really were both her good friends now.

Dawn then stopped and thought a minute. This part was important.

"Camille, the second friend named Summer is from somewhere else" Dawn said, testing if Camille would understand this.

"Oh, so she is from another city maybe?" Camille replied.

"Yes, something like that" Dawn answered. Dawn herself didn't know much about the Portal or what was beyond anyway.

Camille understood this much however, and Dawn realized that her daughter could probably grasp the rest.


The Fluttershy Twins and the Summer Twins were up in Cloudsdale this morning, visiting Equestria ponies Fluttershy and Summer's parents there. They had taken the Balloon Taxi up, it is doubtful the Fluttershys could have made the flight themselves.

It was well worth it, the visit was amazing, and their parents cried seeing their two amazing girls together again.

They were more than welcoming of the Equestria Girls Fluttershy and Summer, but their focus was clearly on 'their girls', and that was fine.

After they left, Summer wanted to drop in and say hi to Shysage, of course.

As they all walked through the door, Summer quickly realized that Shysage was crying.

Summer didn't understand this stallion. He seemed to cry almost as much as Summer herself did, which was very different, on either side of the Portal it seemed.

Shysage motioned Summer over to watch his 'scope' thing. Then Summer realized why he was crying. Her friend Dawn was talking to her foal Camille about Dawn's role in rescuing 'Corn', Equestria Girls Fluttershy's 'dead' sister.

As soon as Summer realized what was going on, she quickly hugged Shysage, then said "Girls, we need to get to Dawn's as fast as possible..."

Nopony asked any questions as they ran down to the edge of Cloudsdale nearest Ponyville.

The Rainbow Twins were there waiting.

"Summer what's up, both Pinkies told us to come here right away" both Rainbows said at once.

"Thank you Pinkie" Summer said out loud.

"Rainbow, I'm so glad you are here... We need to get to Dawns shop right away. We will need to glide down, and I think the two Fluttershy's will need help." Summer explained quickly. "I would hug you all because you deserve it, but we need to do this fast."

It was Rainbow then Fluttershy on the edges with the two Summer's in the middle. Summer had her Cutie Mark going, and they were all quickly in their Equestria Girls form and had their wings.

"Ok. lets go."

They jumped a little, flapped their wings, and were quickly on a slow glide down to Ponyville.

Both Fluttershy's shrieked immediately, but everyone just held hands tightly, and they were soon gliding with the rest.

Summer knew they were leaving and amazingly beautiful trail, but that didn't even matter right now.

The wind was behind them, so they were able to rapidly descend to Ponyville, and soon landed in fair form outside Dawn's shop.

Summer turned her Cutie Mark off, and they all turned back into ponies as they released hands.

Both Pinkies were already standing outside. They both said quietly together "we will tell you when to go in."

Nopony moved or talked, this was an amazing opportunity.


"Camille, you know that our friend Summer has a Sister, right?" Dawn asked next.

"Yes, that's Fluttershy, she is very quiet, but very nice, I like her" Camille said.

"And you have seen both Fluttershy's, right?" Dawn asked again.

Camille thought a minute "I think so, but the other one is from a different city, right?"

"Yes Camille. The problem was that this other Fluttershy had a sister, but they thought her sister had died." Dawn said. She knew this may or may not make sense to her daughter.

"But Mommy, that would make her very sad, right?" Camille said as tears began to form in her eyes.

Dawn was stunned, her precious daughter understood far more than she realized.

Dawn was trying to decide where to go next, when both Fluttershy's walked in. As her Twin stood against the back wall, Equestria Girls Fluttershy sat next to Camille.

"Camille, I was very sad..." Fluttershy said softly. Fluttershy tried to say more, she had planned on saying more, but she started crying, and couldn't speak and really couldn't help it...

Both Summer's came in at this point. Equestria Girls Summer walked over and sat next to her sister, as her Twin stood next to her sister against the wall. Equestria Girls Summer so wanted to just hold her sister, and cry with her, but she knew what she had to do.

Equestria Girls Summer put on her 'surly' voice as best as she could, she was near tears.

"Camille, the first time we met, was I nice to you?" Corn/Summer asked with the old 'surly' voice.

Camille recoiled at this voice, and got up and backed up a little.

Camille said with a guarded tone "No, you were mean..."

Summer switched back to her normal voice and said quietly "Yes Camille, I was...

After a brief pause, still trying not to cry, Summer said softly. "Camille do most ponies go back and talk to somepony that was mean to them?"

Camille quickly replied "No, I didn't want to go back, but my mommy did. She heard you crying..."

Equestria Girls Summer could control herself no longer, and she hugged her sister, who was still crying... They were both soon crying loudly...

Through her tears, Equestria Girls Summer said "Camille, if your mommy didn't come back and talk to this mean pony named Corn, I never would have found my sister..."

Neither of them could say any more, and just cried on each other's shoulders. Their Twins were doing the same thing...

Dawn was also near tears, but she said to her precious daughter "Camille, if I didn't go back and be nice to a mean pony named Corn, Fluttershy would never have seen her sister again...

"...but we did go back and talk to her...

"...and so Fluttershy has her sister right next to her, right now...

"...and that makes me very very happy..."

Dawn was soon crying tears of joy with Equestria Girls Fluttershy and Summer Rain...

Camille thought a minute, then ran to her mommy's side, crying...

"That makes me happy too mommy..."

PreviousChapters Next