• Published 16th Mar 2014
  • 913 Views, 9 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain - shysage



Just Fluttershy's sister... Across two worlds... Who would have thought that true friendship would make so great a difference...

  • ...
9
 9
 913

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 23, Passing it On, Part 2

At Summer Rain's direction, Dawn Flower and Sunny Rays were quickly inside Dawn's shop.

Of course, Dawn quickly 'rescued' Camille from the Green eyes. Her colt didn't remember anything, except that she was very hungry, so Dawn gave her an Oat pie.

Dawn was prepared to just wait.

However, a new urgency began to surface in Dawn's mind. It was Corn.

Surely Dawn could wait until everything was back to normal.

The urgency returned. Dawn couldn't explain it.

Maybe if she waited some, it would subside.

It didn't.

"True friends..." Dawn thought to herself and sighed.

Dawn took Sunny out to the showroom while Camille was eating.

Dawn very quickly explained the whole situation. Sunny thought such a trip would be very dangerous, but agreed to watch Camille until Dawn got back. And Sunny stressed this, "You better come back!"

Dawn walked back to the kitchen to talk to her daughter.

"Camille, do you remember our new friend Corn?" Dawn asked.

"Yes mommy, she was not very nice to us, then she was nice to us." Camille answered while eating.

"Camille, I want to quickly go back to see if she is ok, would that be alright?" Dawn asked.

In Dawn's mind Camille's answer would decide if she went or not. Camille had to be her first priority after all.

Camille got this worried look on her face and asked "Mommy who is going to stay with me?"

Sunny said softly "I will Camille, if that's ok."

After thinking a minute, Camille said "I guess that's ok mommy, tell Corn I said hi, and try to hurry. I am tired, maybe you will be back after I sleep some."

Dawn said "Thank you Camille, and I will hurry honey."

Dawn hugged her daughter, then headed to the showroom, and pulled out a dark, hooded coat.

"I'll be back as soon as I can" she told Sunny, then was quickly on her way.


Dawn headed to the Train Station, not really expecting to find a train. She would run there if she needed to.

But the train was there.

Dawn walked up to the platform and just stood there. She only then realized she had no bits for the trip.

"Miss do you need a ride somewhere?" one of the train stallions said.

Dawn said "Sir, I wanted to go to the Crystal Station to check on a friend, she needs to be rescued from the Green eyes. But I just realized that I have no bit--"

"Wait miss, can you rescue other ponies from that?" the stallion asked quickly.

"Well, my friend rescued me by just touching me. I guess that's how it's done, but maybe you need to be their friend first, I don't know" Dawn offered.

"Wait sir." Dawn added quickly. "My friend warned me that the guards will yell at you if you are happy or if you smile. You may want to get out of town first, then try to rescue them."

"Ma'am hop in and lets go. Pick a car and help yourself to the Oat hay" the stallion said.

"Sir, I haven't any bits..." Dawn said slowly looking down.

"No bother, tonight qualifies as a kingdom emergency, all rides are free. Let's go."


They were quickly out of town, then the train stopped long enough for the stallion to rescue his buddies. They were all glad to be "back". The lead stallion quickly brought them up to speed, and they acted miserable while having a blast pulling the train. They were going very fast.

They were soon pulling into the Crystal Empire station.

Dawn got out, and talked to the lead stallion again, hoping for the best. "Sir, can you wait here a little while for me? I just want to check on my friend quick."

"Take your time ma'am, we need to rest a bit and eat before we run back." the lead stallion said.

Dawn bowed, and said "Thank you so very much."

Even in the dark, Dawn was quickly to Corn's store, but she wasn't there.

Dawn sighed. She had brought another one of her cards, and simply laid it on the front table of Corn's shop.

Dawn started walking back towards the main avenue, and turned left to head back to the station.

There was one random zombie pony across the avenue walking towards her, Green eyes and all. The closer Dawn got to the pony, the more it looked like Corn, but it was very dark, and Dawn just wasn't sure.

It was creepy, but Dawn knew the only way she would know for sure would be to touch the pony.

Dawn walked up, and simply touched the Green eyed zombie pony as it walked.

Corn blinked twice, then smiled...

...Dawn said "Camille says--"

...and a guard nearby immediately said "no smiling" with Sunset Shimmer's voice.

...and Corn was gone, running west towards the Crystal Palace as fast as she could go, and was quickly out of sight.

Dawn just stood there for a minute, watching her shrink into the distance.

Then she sighed and headed back to the Train Station. She had rescued Corn from the Green eyes at any rate, at least for now.

Dawn was quickly at the Train Station, and quietly asked for a ride again.

"Of course miss" the lead stallion said. "It will be a few minutes before we leave though. We're gettin a good workout tonite!"


Dawn ate some Oat hay, then sat down and just relaxed.

After a few minutes, a huge stallion ran quickly to the train.

Dawn did not recognize the stallion, except to note that he wore a Canterlot Guard uniform, he must be very important.

Dawn recognized Spike though.

The big stallion noted their eyes were clear, and said "I need to get to Ponyville quickly, this is sort of a military emergency."

"Cap'n climb aboard, we can leave in a few minutes if that is ok" the lead stallion said.

"That's fine, and thank you" the big stallion said. After a pause he added "You stallions deserve a medal for running tonight."

The big stallion climbed in the same car, rocking it some.

Spike jumped down and quickly said "Hi Dawn"

Dawn did not know if she should bow to this stallion, so she did it anyway.

Shining Armor said calmly "Ma'am you don't need to bow for me, thank you though.

Spike spoke up and said "This is Summer's friend Dawn."

Shining Armor said quietly "you shouldn't be out right now Dawn."

Dawn looked down, and with tears in her eyes said quietly "I know, but I had to rescue a friend from the Green eyes. She is a new friend."

After a minute or two of silence, Dawn added "I will be happy to be home though."

The trian to Ponyville with three passengers, was soon on it's way.

PreviousChapters Next