• Published 16th Mar 2014
  • 913 Views, 9 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain - shysage



Just Fluttershy's sister... Across two worlds... Who would have thought that true friendship would make so great a difference...

  • ...
9
 9
 913

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 41, Twins, Part 2

[The only fitting background music for this chapter is the slow, understated elegance of 'The Celestial Capital - Al'Taieu'* from the 'Chains of Promethia'* expansion for Final Fantasy XI* (*c2014 by Square Enix) And maybe try to avoid reading through this amazing chapter quickly. I apologize again for the interruption -- Shysage.]


Friday morning was simply a blur for Equestria pony Summer Rain and the Equestria Girls. Noone could concentrate on school.

A few more girls came up and cried with Summer, and she specifically stopped everything and cried with them.

Even so, School could not end soon enough. The Equestria Girls were all so excited about seeing their Twins again, and Summer Rain couldn't blame them.

Having Equestria Girls Twilight Sparkle would be amazing, and Summer wanted to honor her Princess with this surprise. All the Twins wanted to do this. They loved Princess Twilight.

This trip should also be amazing for Twilight Sparkle, no doubt about it.

Still, they would wait in the bleachers while Rainbow took care of Soccer practice. While they were waiting there, Twilight walked up, early, and gave both Pinkie and Fluttershy a hug, then sat with Pinkie and Fluttershy talking.

Twilight was getting a little apprehensive, but Pinkie quickly assured Twilight this would be awesome fun. They had all been there before and come back, and simply couldn't wait to return.

Everyone could feel the excitement, the expectation in the air.

Summer broke in long enough to make sure that Pinkie Pie had mentioned to Twilight that she would be an adorable pony 'on the other side', and would simply need to get used to walking on 'all four', it would be the most natural anyway.

Twilight thought deeply for a minute then said "You know, I think I expect that from what I can remember."

Noone thought to ask Twilight about this.

Summer also mentioned that Twilight would not have any clothing on, but everypony else would be that way as well. That's just the way things were where they were going.

Twilight remarked that she had done stranger things, and was trusting her old friends that this trip would be worth it.

The sun was starting to go down as Rainbow brought Soccer practice to a close. Everyone headed to Fluttershy's apartment, and they were all soon inside.

Summer directed everyone to leave all Cells, keys and stuff on the cot or couch. For Twilight's sake she mentioned that Fluttershy would use a hidden key to lock their stuff up, and it would be here on their return.

Before leaving, they all stood in a small circle and hugged for a minute or two. Well they cried a little too.


All seven friends were soon standing in front of the Portal.

Summer sent Applejack, Rarity, then Rainbow, through the Portal, with maybe 30 seconds between each.

Pinkie Pie would be next.

Pinkie ran over to Twilight, hugged her tightly, and said "See you on the other side!" and jumped through the wall next.

This all seemed so surreal to Twilight Sparkle. And she had seen some weird stuff.

Summer said "Twilight, please come through after me, and Fluttershy, wait about a minute, then you come too.

With this, Summer Rain entered the Portal, and was soon in Equestria.


Twilight Sparkle may have been working through some second thoughts. She was glad Fluttershy was left, she knew Fluttershy would never lie to her.

"Fluttershy, is this for real?" Twilight asked.

Fluttershy replied slowly and very quietly "Twilight this is very real."

Twilight thought for a minute, then asked her friend again "What will I find past this Portal?"

Fluttershy thought for a minute, looked into Twilight's eyes, then said softly "Your destiny..."

Twilight thought a minute, then said slowly... "Wow..."

Fluttershy said nothing else.

Twilight Sparkle walked through the Portal and was herself, soon in Equestria.


Summer came through the Portal, and threw herself forward on the other side, and quickly walked next to her sister. She hugged her sister quickly, then sat down next to her. She noticed another mare on the other side of Fluttershy, but wasn't really thinking about that.

Summer was watching the Portal.

Equestria Girls Twilight Sparkle came through the Portal next, and promptly but gently fell over, facing away from everypony else.

Everypony in the room gasped immediately and loudly.

Princess Twilight stood up quickly...

Summer walked over, and helped her up, then turned her around.

Princess Twilight's mouth was open wide in amazement, and Summer noted that Equestria Girls Twilight did exactly the same thing. Then they both started crying at the same time...

Equestria Girls Twilight said immediately, through her tears "...Everything I saw... ...all these years... ...it was ALL REAL... ...all these years..."

Equestria Girls Twilight ran clumsily over to Princess Twilight, and they hugged tightly crying.

Princess Twilight said softly "Dear Twilight, there will be plenty of time for this, but we have a surprise too. Sit next to me and let's wait."

She did, but they were both still crying softly, sometimes in unison. Twins do that.


Fluttershy decided that having her come through last was a bad idea. She was hurting. She didn't want to go.

She loved her Twin deeply, and Summer too, but everytime she saw Summer, it just re-opened the same wound. A wound that would never go away.

"I DON'T WANT TO LOSE YOU FOREVER!!!"

Summer had screamed this hysterically at the prospect of losing her precious sister... But this was Fluttershy's destiny... ...forever... ...It hurt so much...

Summer was an amazing friend, and she really helped Fluttershy a lot in this world. Summer was probably the reason Fluttershy had been able to cope these last weeks. Fluttershy had almost given up.

But in Equestria, Fluttershy would see Summer with Summer's sister... ...a lot... ...and that would hurt Fluttershy... ...a lot...

Fluttershy just didn't know what to do. She started crying...

She knew everyone was waiting for her... She just could not bring herself to go through.

Before long Fluttershy was sobbing uncontrollably, she could not help it. She walked around to the side of the platform, leaned against the wall and just cried.

"It hurts... Please make it stop..." Fluttershy sobbed, but she knew it was no use. Dead people don't come back in her world...

Fluttershy just cried... She didn't move... She could do nothing else.

...

Fluttershy felt the weight of the 'Shield Necklace' around her neck, as she sobbed deeply.

Still sobbing, she pulled it out and looked at it through her tears...

...True Friendship...

Fluttershy remembered that Summer and her sister had already done so much for Fluttershy...

...

Fluttershy was quickly sobbing again... She sobbed there a minute or two more...

She brought the 'Shield Necklace' out again...

...True Friendship... ...means putting others first...

Fluttershy's sobbing slowly tapered off...

Still sniffling, Fluttershy sighed. After maybe a minute, she said softly "I will do this for Summer... I will do this for my Twin..."

Her eyes still wet with tears, Fluttershy walked around to the Portal wall, and walked quickly through... ...before she changed her mind...

Equestria Girls Fluttershy was soon back in Equestria.


Fluttershy fell coming out the other side of the Portal, just like Twilight did, and ended up gently on her side facing away from everypony.

There was another mare instantly next to her, sobbing deeply. It wasn't Summer, she knew this, except it sounded like her.

This mare said through her tears "Fluttershy, it's me..."

Fluttershy looked again, hair was too short, and she saw Summer over by her Twin. Still, she didn't want to hurt this mare's feelings.

Summer was just as bewildered as Equestria Girls Fluttershy was. Summer had no clue who this mare was.

As quickly as this mare had run over to Fluttershy weeping, she realized Equestria Girls Fluttershy was not acknowledging her presence. Crushed, this mare quickly got up, and ran back to Equestria pony Fluttershy and cried bitterly on her shoulder.

"She doesn't even remember me" she sobbed.

Equestria pony Fluttershy realized she needed to talk to her Twin so she asked Summer to help, and gently moved the sobbing mare over to Summer's shoulder. Then Equestria pony Fluttershy walked over to her Twin and sat next to her.

At exactly the exact same moment...

...Summer looked down at this mare...

...and this mare looked up at Summer...

...And they saw...

...

...

...

...themselves...

...

...

...

It was Summer's Twin...

They both knew instantly, and neither of them could look away from the other.

Everyone in the room froze immediately.

Summer sat down, just like her Twin was.

At exactly the same time, they put their right fore-leg around the other's neck, and hugged tightly. They each closed their eyes at the exact same time, and began weeping.

As the Summer Twins plunged into each other's souls, the purest white aura enveloped both of them...

...

...

...

At this point, Equestria Girls Fluttershy finally realized...

...who this new mare was...

...she was her 'dead' sister...

...and Equestria Girls Fluttershy wept uncontrollably...

...as her Twin held her and cried with her...

...a miracle of true friendship...

Equestria Girls Fluttershy's sister Summer Rain was alive...


The Summer Twins were catching up...

They both saw each other in most of their early years, along with the sisters they both adored so deeply...

They both watched each other pull away from their sisters while pursuing that which they would never, and could never attain...

Equestria Girls Summer watched in amazement as her Twin read some books that changed her life forever, along with her Princess and the close friends around her even now that made it possible...

Equestria pony Summer watched in horror, as Sunset Shimmer took her very damaged Twin and pushed her over the edge laughing...

Equestria pony Summer watched in anguish as Summer dragged her shattered body to the Portal, ended up in Equestria, and was promptly thrown out behind the palace by the guards. She saw the merciless teasing by other ponies over an absent Cutie Mark as well...

Equestria pony Summer saw her friend Dawn as the only means of bringing her Twin back... ...just through the simplest efforts of being a friend...

Equestria Girls Summer watched in amazement as True Friendship played itself out in her Twin's life...

She saw the meetings with Twilight and the amazing things her Twin did in Ponyville...

Equestria Girls Summer grieved with her Twin as Summer left her own sister to come to the Equestria Girls world, narrowly saving Equestria Girls Summer's own sister from giving up. She cried as her Twin promised to be the best friend Fluttershy ever had...

Equestria Girls Summer watched the re-birth of Fluttershy's friend's circle, and the amazing things they all did together...

Equestria Girls Summer watched in horror as her Twin and the rest made the dangerous journey, containing Discord, rescuing the Equestria pony's Princess and friends from death, and ultimately facing and defeating Sunset Shimmer...

They both also found an unexpected, matching wound in each other's soul... The dark spectre of abuse at the hands of monsters... Different situations, but the same wound... They each eased what they could in the other...

Equestria pony Summer was overjoyed that her Twin had recently adopted true friendship as she had...

They were true Twins. They each saw everything in the other, and eased what pain they could from their Twin in the process...

At this point, Equestria pony Summer found a huge hole in her Twin...

...A huge wound...

...that she could not touch...

...and she knew instantly what it was...

Equestria pony Summer pulled away from her Twin, and said softly to her "Can you please go hug your sister for me?"

...

Re-united against seeming impossible odds...

Equestria Girls Fluttershy and her sister sobbed tears of joy, clinging tightly to each other...

Equestria pony Fluttershy and her sister were soon doing the same thing, at exactly the same time too...

...

After a little while, still crying, Equestria pony Summer got up and walked to an open area in the room, and asked her Twin to join her. The Fluttershy Twins quickly joined them.

Summer called her Princess over, and Equestria Girls Twilight stayed by her side.

Summer bowed to her Princess, and asked her Twin to follow, saying through her tears "Summer this is your Princess, and when you see her you need to bow like this..."

Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash, the rest of the Twins, were immediately at Summer's side, bowing as well to their precious Princess Twilight.

Equestria Girls Twilight, was about to join them bowing, but Princess Twilight softly called her name "Twilight..."

They looked into each other's eyes, sat down at the same time, hugged tightly, closed their eyes, and wept softly and their souls joined. Their Aura was Purple...

Equestria Girls Twilight was always considered a freak because of what she saw, and Princess Twilight grieved with her through that process, while amazed at her acceptance of visions she had no control over...

Equestria Girls Twilight was amazed as she watched Equestria pony Twilight rapidly change from a young book-worm, to a Princess with powerful magic, and a deepening longing for five other special ponies, then five other special girls in Equestria Girls Twilight's world. And now even Twilight herself...

Equestria Girls Twilight watched in horror as Discord betrayed, tortured, then killed Twilight and her friends, and sobbed deeply as her true friends Summer Rain and the Equestria Girls brought she and the rest back from the dead. Then the final confrontation...

Princess Twilight saw that her Twin had caught glimpses of all of this... What a price to have to pay...

In the aftermath of that dark night, Princess Twilight had no Twin to ease the devastation she felt... She had one now...


While watching the Twilight Twins catch up, and now having experienced her Twin herself, Equestria pony Summer recoiled in disgust at the thought that some might mis-construe this meeting of souls, and try to read nasty or primal aspects into it.

Nothing could be further from the truth. Summer had been there now. She knew.

Summer started crying again as she thought this through.

The deeply rooted attraction between these 'Twins'...

...which Summer only now had experienced herself...

...was simply this...

...the realization of full, complete, unconditional acceptance...

They were more than twins, they were identical... ...the same person/pony... ...and there was simply no part of one that would cause the other to be guarded, to attack, or doubt, or complain, or to plot behind their backs, or hurt them in any way, this was simply not possible...

It was perfect peace, at the hands of someone you knew would never do you wrong or attack you. On the contrary, Summer knew her Twin would do anything to help her any way she could. And of course, Summer would do the same.

No wonder these Twins always wanted to be together...

Heaven should be just like this...


After a while longer, the Twilight Twins were done.

Princess Twilight noticed it first.

"Equestria Girls Summer, do you have a Cutie Mark?" Princess asked gently.

Answering right away, she looked down and said "No" softly without even looking.

Everypony else gasped.

Equestria Girls Summer's Cutie Mark was just like her Twin's, only it was one larger drop, and not the three that Summer had. Even so, she cried that she had one now, and Summer cried with her.

Everypony immediately looked at Twilight Sparkle. She was already hugging Princess Twilight. Her's was the same as Princess' except the small stars were not included at the points of the big star. It didn't matter.

Everypony present had their own little piece of Equestria, and nopony could take it away.


When the Equestria ponies started to arrive, Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Princess Cadance and Shining Armor were all in the Portal room along with Princess Twilight, Equestria Girls Summer Rain and the Equestria ponies.

Once these events began to unfold, these three other Princesses just laid on their bellies near the door and cried softly. This was all so much more than anyone had expected. They knew they were just observers.

After the seven sets of Twins settled down, Shining Armor moved them to a different room. He did not want Discord's cell to bring tragedy to this group. Still, it was clear that Shining Armor had done his share of crying too.

Princess Twilight just hugged them all as they moved to the new room.

The plan was for the seven Twins to spend the night at the Crystal Palace. They all stayed up and talked for hours, mostly with their Twins. They were all soon asleep, next to their Twins of course.

The Council of Princesses was the next afternoon.

PreviousChapters Next