• Published 16th Mar 2014
  • 913 Views, 9 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain - shysage



Just Fluttershy's sister... Across two worlds... Who would have thought that true friendship would make so great a difference...

  • ...
9
 9
 913

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 38, Fluttershy's Sister, Part 3

Equestria Girls Summer Rain and Equestria pony Fluttershy cried together for a little while. Fluttershy sensed that something needed to be set straight however, and asked everypony to stop for a few minutes.

She sat up facing Summer, and Summer sat up too.

Spending some time in thought first, Fluttershy started very sowly.

"Summer when you fell through the wall in front of the school, you actually fell through a Portal connecting your world with ours. Your world has people, and our world has ponies."

Fluttershy paused briefly, then asked "Do you understand what I am saying?"

Summer replied "I think so. I am still me, but I am in your world, so I am in a pony form, right?"

Fluttershy said with a smile "Yes."

Fluttershy paused again, then said slowly "Our two worlds are parallel, and both share a lot in common."

Fluttershy paused, took a deep breath, then continued.

"This is my world, and I have a sister named Summer Rain. She lookes like you, she talks like you, she is very much the same as you, she is a pony though, and grew up in this world."

Summer thought a minute, then said "Where is your sister now?"

Fluttershy told the truth. "Summer is in your world taking care of your sister and her friends."

Fluttershy's eyes teared up a little after saying this, she did miss her sister after all.

Summer noticed this then said softly "When can I see my sister?"

"Summer do you remember the rest of your sister's friends?" Fluttershy asked.

Summer responded "Oh you mean Pinkie Pie, Applejack and the others?"

Fluttershy said simply "Yes... ... they will all be here in a few days, along with my sister."

Summer next looked around her, and said "Ok, so you are Rainbow Dash, you are Applejack, and of course Pinkie Pie, and... ...Rarity."

They all bowed as she said their names.

Summer thought for a minute, then said "And so these ponies are mostly the same as my sister's four friends, but you all grew up here?"

"Yes" Fluttershy said quietly.

Summer was thinking some more, but Fluttershy interrupted her.

Tears were running down Fluttershy's face as she said this.

"Summer, your sister and I have spent a bunch of time together and are very close. The only thing that was hurting your sister that I couldn't help her with, was that you were gone. It means so much to us both that you are still alive..."

And with this Fluttershy just lay down on her belly and started crying all over again. She was crying for her Twin...

Rarity spoke up at this point and said "Summer all five of us have spent time with our Twins in your world, and we are all very close to our Twins. Fluttershy would know."

Rainbow walked up to Summer and said softly "Welcome to Equestria Summer", and hugged her tightly again. Applejack, Pinkie, and Rarity did as well.

Summer was moved. "Why are you ponies doing this for me? I just fell into your world, and seemed to mess everything up..."

Princess Twilight answered "Because you needed us Summer. We want to be your friends and help you."

"Well you really have, thank you." Summer said quietly.

"And Summer" Princess Twilight continued "Sunset Shimmer was from our world. She came back and turned into a terrible monster, but she is dead now, thanks in part to your sister and her fr--" Princess Twilight could go no further, she was crying now too.

Rarity finished for Princess Twilight "Sunset Shimmer will never tease you again dear... ever."

Rarity quickly asked next "Summer, I know its late, but would you like to come to my boutique and get freshened up?"

Summer immediately lay down and started crying again... Summer tried to say "Rarity, why are you being so nice to me, when I treated you terrible..."

Rarity used one of her forelegs to gently bring Summer back up to a sitting position. Then she looked into her eyes and said "I know Summer. I saw all that in my Twin. But Fluttershy's sister helped Rarity work through that, and she has forgiven you. And so I do."

Summer simply hugged Rarity tightly while crying. "I'm so sorry Rare..." she said through her tears.

After a few minutes, Rarity said again "Dear, let's go get you cleaned up"

Princess Twilight's girls went with Equestria Girls Summer Rain, off to Rarity's boutique.


Princess Twilight walked over to Dawn and said softly "If Summer knew that you went to the Crystal Empire and back on that terrible night, I think she would be pretty upset. But she will be overjoyed that your efforts at True Friendship were the only means to bring Fluttershy's sister back from the dead."

Princess Twilight hugged Dawn tightly and said "Thank you so much Dawn."

After crying softly together for a few minutes, Princess Twilight said gently "Dawn, go get Camille, and get some sleep. You deserve it."

Dawn was soon out the door.

Princess Twilight just stood there a few minutes, and said simply "Equestria needs more true friends like that I think."

Spike was sleeping next to Princess Celestia.

Princess Twilight used her magic and gently moved him to his bed, and pulled his blanket over him.

Twilight walked over to her princesses, and hugged them both, and said "Thank you both for being part of this. Equestria Girls Fluttershy will--" Princess Twilight was crying again.

"Yes that will be a grand day" Princess Celestia said, hugging Twilight as she cried.

Princess Celestia and Princess Luna were both soon out the door, and into the night.

Princess Twilight walked up the stairs, fell into her bed, and slept soundly for the first time since she could remember.

PreviousChapters Next