• Published 18th Nov 2013
  • 23,395 Views, 889 Comments

Growth Spurts - CarcinoGeneticist



Apple Bloom has a problem, and its name is puberty.

Comments ( 61 )

AND SO IT BEGINS!

Well, continues.

Regardless, things can only go well from here, for given definitions of well: I, of course, second what Scootaloo said.

Best chapter yet!

“Applejack?” the younger sister said, cautious optimism filling her words. “Is everythang alright? Ya look--ooof!” Apple Bloom abruptly found herself cut off as the elder sister closed the distance between them in the blink of an eye and lifted her clear off the ground, wrapping her up in a tight, powerful hug.

Good thing the feeling of anger and regret inhibited AJ's sense of smell, or that could have gotten down an awkward route. :pinkiesmile:

Anyhoot, a thoroughly enjoyable chapter as usual, Carccy. I really enjoyed the, let's say, potential for future developments.
Keep it up, and hopefully we can see the next chapter within the current year.

Ohhhh boy. Here we go. if it's going to end up with some M/M, please put a warning at least so we can skip it if we want to.

Anyways, Twist is a kinky freak.:rainbowderp: I wonder if we'll get more action with DT and SS. :rainbowkiss:

Uh oh, i think Scoots is jealous, lol.

7380550
I feel like with Rumble in the cover art (and the character tags) since the outset that was kinda obvious, but yeah there will be some M/M stuff next chapter.

7053524 Empathy means you're able to put yourself in the hooves (shoes) of somepony else. Sympathy means you've been in that pony's shoes before and your empathy comes from shared experience.

What a mess. Thanks, Obama Discord! :facehoof:

What a pleasant surprise to see this updating today. :twilightsmile:

I really enjoyed AB's talk with BM & AJ, we needed some good cathartic family moments there, and Big Mac knowing exactly what happened in "detention" was a good touch. I got a hearty chuckle out of Spike's response to Twilight's sex-ed as well, hemi-penis Spike is of course best Spike. And now with this you make me want to convince you to finish up that Macro Sparity fic too.:twilightblush:

All-in-all this was a great bridging chapter, giving us some resolution and growth in characters, keep up the good work.

Also, something of note if you haven't already thought of it, Chuck Finley might be a great resource for an M/M chapter, he's done some really good work in that genre.

IT LIVES

Nice chapter

7381009
I don't recall having a macro Sparity idea, but the word "Sparity" is in it, so it sounds like something I might have done. Refresh my memory?

And yeah I talk to Chuckfinley semi-regularly, I'm sure he'll be a big help.

7380917
Please don't spam your story in the comments of other people's stories. I appreciate the interest but this isn't the place for it, and it's against the rules besides.

Hmm previous hints that Rumble found TFd AB attractive... AB gets introduced to the idea of anal sex... Rumble wants to meet with AB.. alone..

Doesn't take a master detective to figure that out! :rainbowdetermined2:

AB's clearly gonna get in on the action with Snips and Snails on Twist! :pinkiecrazy:

7381213
Well she DOES have one more hole to fill.... :twistnerd:

7381191
It was a half fleshed out idea you told me about stemming from Purely Scientific Interest with Spike fully grown and Rarity getting herself covered. I'm sure it floats around with all the amazing ideas you have, so it's no big surprise that it managed to float away and be forgotten.

Also, on a related note, this made me realize that you're one of only 2 authors that I trust to do Sparity well... so congrats on that. :twilightblush:

7381477
Ohhhh yeah, the PSI sequel. Yeah I've still got that on the dockett. Eventually. You're right, I've got way too many ideas floating around. But at least that one's gotten at least partially on paper. Word doc. Whatever.

And thanks, glad you trust my ability enough to be in such a small chosen elite. Dare I guess at the other? Sleepless is the first one that comes to mind, but he hasn't been around for a long while, so maybe you're thinking of someone more active?

The scene at school kind of threw me. I wasn't expecting so much knowledge of sexual practices amongst foals. Not just sex, but apparently pornography as well.

I'm not saying it wasn't good, just plain surprising.

Oh boy, I'd sure love Spike and Apple Bloom's sexy time once she goes back a filly

This might be the best chapter so far. Granted, the whole story is gold in my opinion, but that scene of Apple Bloom and Big Mac was something really special. I loved it so much, more than the sex stuff.

But damn. I read this and I wish my own story on Apple Bloom could have been as high quality as this. I'm so glad there have been updates and I can't wait to see where this goes next. I hope there will be another update soon!!

7381646
Sleepless' "Like Fine Wine" was pretty good, but it had actually slipped my mind, whether through sheer time (it is rather old after all) or it just not being quite what I was looking for I'm not sure. While like all of Sleepless Brony's stuff it's well polished (I tended to have a hand in the editing process for a lot of his earlier work so they'd better have been:twilightsheepish:) it didn't really cover what makes them work and not work as a couple, and the fear kink has never really been a thing for me so it didn't quite hit on all levels.

No, actually I was thinking of Idylia with "The Ones Forgotten". Then again, Sparity is a very difficult ship to do well IMO because the relationship has so often been shown to be one-sided and that makes it hard to show it as something that can realistically work and that also isn't shown to be a lop-sided partnership.

7382103

Hell, I wouldn't mind it right now. It'd be pretty sad, but also hilarious. "Hey AB, I liked you when you were a girl, but then we showed each other our dicks and you kissed me as a guy. ... I'm gay now. Sorry."


7381862

I mean... plenty of us were cruising the net for low-quality nudes around that (respective) age.

7381862
The impression I was trying to give was that Equestrian sex ed is considerably more frank and thorough than our own society, partly from lack of many of the taboos humans would have, and partly out of the necessity of teaching adolescents how to handle estrus being a stronger reproductive instinct than anything humans have.

That being said, there are still obviously a few buttholes left unfilled. *rimshot*

7382274
Ah yeah Idylia did some good work too with that fic. Didn't like it as much as "Like Fine Wine," but, that's my favorite fic anyway, haha.

7382444
Funny story, originally Spike was gonna be a lot more awkward and uncomfortable around Applebloom being in a boy body, because he liked her as a girl and was very much not gay and so it gave him some real weird and conflicting feelings seeing Applebloom as a male. But that sorta felt insulting and needlessly dramatic and I dropped most of that. Now I'm trying to give Spike more of an attitude of "I like you regardless of what body you're in at the moment" with this fic, but still, when push comes to shove it's always been really hard for me to see Spike being gay at all, and even bi feels like a stretch. So despite some awkward boy on boy kissing, I still couldn't/can't really see them going all-out together until Applebloom's back to normal.

Although if someone like say braeburned drew some art of Spike plowing boy-Bloom or boy-Rarity it'd probably still be really hot.

7381862
Well when you think of it in human terms, girls stay their periods generally around 12-ish (as far as i know although I've remember hearing somewhere about a girl who started when she was 8, don't really belive it though), give our take a bit, and by then most kids will probably have tried "experimenting" a little bit, i myself for example knew a fair bit by the time i was 11-12, and at 13 my knowledge on it skyrocketed cause that was when i first started the sex ed- typed stuff.

7381862
America is far more squeamish about it than other countries, or so I'm told.

From the title I kinda thought this may have been some some BloomxJack.

Or BloomxMac.

7382511

Definite thumbs up from me for the new direction on Spike. Though I did harbor the slight hope this was going to be the 'experimental' phase for Spike in that regard. Enough to tell Rumble off for trying to hit on AB, at any rate. Pleased and waiting for more!

7382444 Poor Apple Bloom then :rainbowlaugh:

7382444
Looking for it is one thing. Going out and potentially making your own at that age is an entirely different matter.

7383931

As we keep in mind they're a completely different culture and biological species. For all we know, their first heat makes them entirely legal.

So, at least as of the respective age, it's probably not THAT shocking. For them. For us, yeah...

At first I was like,
i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/283/403/a46.jpg
But then I checked my book and figured it's comparable to FutaOnMale.

This is about to get gay

I approve

Honestly, I think it fits Spike well to be like "I like you no matter what."

For example, imagine if Rarity switched genders. Does it really seem like Spike would care?

Even if he wasn't instinctively okay with it Spike seems like the kind of "I should please everyone" person (for better or for worse) who would believe it's his responsibility to become okay with it.

And sex lives for the rest of Ponyville?! Say it ain't so! (No wait, I appreciate that inclusion.)

7385767
I'm not gonna lie, I included that bit about braeburned in my last reply for a reason. If I had a few thousand bucks lying around (and he took commissions) I'd totally pay him to do a comic about precisely that: Rarity being distraught over a sudden R63-ing and Spike proving he still likes her no matter what. Through sex. Really gay sex.

And maybe a final page after she's back to normal and wants to thank him properly and he gets to plow her regularlike.

I might have thought about this idea a lot.

7380615

Honestly, seeing Rumble in the story, I expected to see or at least read something Rumble getting ambushed by Scootaloo eventually, but that it is probably confirming he's gay (give me a break--it's been months since I read this, so I honestly forgot that Rumble is gay, even though he's the apparent cream of the crop as fart as the fillies are concerned. I'm pretty sure by now Spike's the top prize according to Applebloom, and she's the only one of all the schoolfillies that know that Spike's a 'double dragon :raritywink:' ...). But seriously, after all that happened between Spike and AppleBloom, I was expecting probably a point where Spike and Applebloom would fool around while she was still a colt and then when she's a filly again, Applebloom would compare.

Heheh well, I wonder what Rumble wants.... :pinkiecrazy:
And what Scoots is gunna do about it.

7386812
Well, don't forget, last chapter DT and SS mentioned he had his eyes on a filly.....so let's not jump to conclusions yet. :raritywink:

7387195

Hmm...seems like the interest goes both ways...yes, I said it THAT WAY as well...

Spike's sex-ed story with Twilight was hilarious! :rainbowlaugh:

Great chapter, if not a little strange with Spike's and Bloom's little "explorations", but since you mentioned they're supposed to be in their teen phase I suppose it's a little natural they'd do that.

Twist is a closet freak.
I'm making that head-canon now.

Heheh, AB likes BadDragon.

7390164
I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING

:rainbowlaugh:I can't

I can't!

Too much lol.

This was really enjoyable to read amazing job!

Commence read.

Wasn't sure what to expect.

Lots of bonding and progress made for Apple Bloom.

Twist. Well then.

Different ponies like different stuff,” Scootaloo said, blushing and sporting stiff, open wings. “Including butt stuff, apparently…”

cdn.meme.am/instances/57774630.jpg

SECRET BUTT FUN

This has been in my read later list for months. When my feed told me this updated I decided to download it to my phone for later reading. I'm glad I did. Read it in two days. I love reading a good porn with plot story. Well written and the sex scenes are great. Can't wait for the next chapter.

I really enjoyed this story. I love how you take this totally ridiculous and contrived heat setup that is basically nothing but an excuse for ponies to have sex, and then proceed to take it dead seriously, going to great lengths in describing what the world would look like and how the characters would act based on this premise, in a way that rings true. Managing to pull this off well is what defines the very best of crackfic, and you have done a superb job here.

The lunch break scene in the schoolyard in this chapter is the perfect example of what I mean - I really enjoyed all the character interaction and dialogue in that scene, and it goes a long way in making the whole story feel more believable.

Your portrayal of Spike deserves special mention - I love how Applebloom being transformed hardly fazes him and it doesn't stop him in the least from considering her a valid romantic prospect, and I love how that is actually foreshadowed pretty early on. I also love the nod towards Like Fine Wine with Spike's anatomy.

I hope further updates for this will be forthcoming. Keep up the good work!

these fillies be foolin' all over the place DAMN how are none of them preggers?

7621367

If you'd paid attention in class, you'd know that the Moon Tea used to manage the symptoms of heat also has contraceptive side-effects.

It's ALIVE!! Always happy to see this update, holy buck this is getting good. I like Twist but could never write for her seeing as I can't do her justice much like Zecora or the Apple family and there are times I really want to write for them. You're doing amazing, honestly not sure how to feel about the next chapter but I'll keep an open mind I guess, I having nothing against gays, as I wrote a Spike bi chapter but I never done sex, doubt I ever will, but you done amazing. Can't wait for more.

Login or register to comment