• Published 18th Oct 2013
  • 902 Views, 42 Comments

Time never stands still - Dradavar



1000 years. No... More than that. How long? ... How many thousand years was I lost?

  • ...
3
 42
 902

Time never stands still

Chapter 29



Wra'kyrs soft steps were unheard.

That's how it is, was and always will be.

The darkness gets deeper as she slips through the veil of the reality back into the depths of it.

The afterlife, purgatory, limbo, call it whatever you like, it was her home, just like Melre'kats, Braak'thas and all her other brothren.

The souls, the orbs of light only to be seen by her or those she wishes to see them slowly drift through the darkness on their way to a destiny unknown even by Wra'kyr and the other gods.

It was never their place, the next realm, even this realm wasn't their place, they were just the guardians.

A orb, coloured in a dark blue, gets close to her, a soul lost on it's way.

She smiles as she lifts a hoof to softly nudge it back on it's path, her eyes following the orb.

Everything was in order, the souls on their way, Wra'kyr turns around, looking at something, something to big to be described, something omnipotential, something stronger and better than any of the ten gods.

There was still no name for it, nothing that came even close to a name.

She smiles as she sees the light appearing on it's surface, a new light.

A newborn soul.

Slowly walking to the new light she looks deep into it, seeing to who it belongs.

Her smile widens.

"As planned" she whispers to no one, closing her eyes she vanishes.

Only to reappear close to the new light, the light of the one pony who would lead the gods, the five white gods, back to their former glory.

His white coat was glistering in the sun that fell through the window as the midwife lays the newborn into the arms of his mother.

The father, a white coated stallion with blue mane, was looking down onto his newborn son, a wide smile on his face.

"How do we name him?" he asks his wife carefully.

Her smile widens as she nuzzles the young colt, looking into his light green eyes.

"I don't know yet" the mare answers, her smile showing overwhelming happiness, "my first idea was Crimson but..." she looks up to the father, "I don't want him connected to such sad memories" she looks back down onto the colt.

Her smile weakens a little bit, "I don't think he would like to make me sad only because of a name."

The stallion nods, "how about Solaris?" the mare looks to the father, a stern expression on her face.

"No" she states coldly.

Rubbing the back of his head he smiles nervously, "okay, okay" he giggles.

The mother looks back down, her smile widen again as she folds her wings around the newborn and herself to shroud them in darkness.

Soft whispers could be heard through the even softer down.

After a few moments she unfolds the wings, holding the little colt in her hooves.

"His name will be..." she takes a dramatic pause.

"Crescent Light" she states.

The colt was giggling.

Wra'kyr smiles.

"Just as planned" she whispers, again only to herself, disappearing back into the darkness.

The stallion was walking closer, slowly taking his place next to his wife, he takes the little colt, holding him in his hooves.

"Hey there little Light" he whispers softly, the foal was looking up into the eyes of his father.

The mare had turned away, looking out of the window, seeing the clear blue sky, the strong green of the trees as the summer sun was shining down on them.

It was a nice view.

She closes her eyes, only for a second.

She appears in the darkness, sitting next to Wra'kyr.

"It's a colt" she whispers.

Wra'kyr nods, "I know, I've already seen him" she looks to the mare, "I even know his name" she raises a brow with a smile, "Crescent Light, a beautiful name."

Silence, neither the mare nor the god were saying anything, Wra'kyr was smiling, bathing in the light of the happiness that the mare was eradiating.

"What will happen now?" the mare suddenly asks making Wra'kyr turn around.

"You will be a great mother, raising him as one of the strongest soldiers there will ever be" she answers already knowing how his life will be.

"And if I don't want him to become a soldier like me?" she asks, her voice was quivering, "what if I want him to become something else?"

'This isn't planned' Wra'kyrs thoughts were cold.

"Time will tell" Wra'kyr answer coldly, looking back into the darkness, "you should leave now" Wra'kyr stands up and turns away, carefully not to interrupt the souls on their way.

"Thank you" the mares voice was already fading.

"You deserve happiness" Wra'kyr looks back to the point where the mare sat, "you more than anypony else."

"Siren"

8 years later

"Mom?" the stallion calls out from the entrance of the little house.

"Yes?" I answer, peaking my head around a corner I see Twilight and her parents.

"Grandma, grandpa and auntie are here" he answers, running down the hallway to give me a quick hug.

I return his hug and pull him up onto my back, carefully walking down the hallway I greet the trio with a smile.

"Velvet, Night Light, Twilight" I nod at each of them, "please come in, make yourself comfortable, I'll be with you in a moment" they smile and nod back at me as they walk into the livingroom.

I take the little colt off my back and look at him, "why don't you go up and get your daddy down here while I look after dinner?" I ask him with a warm smile, which he returns, nods energetic and runs up the stairs as fast as he can, I giggle at the look.

I turn around and walk into the kitchen.

My eyes look over the set table, the cutlery, the plates, everything in order, walking up to the bubbling pots, the soup, the lasagna, everything was perfect.

I smile as I turn around.

Shining was standing in the door, his son on his back, he smiles.

Slowly walking closer he gives me a quick kiss and looks at the soup with a sigh.

"Broccoli?" he asks, sticking out his tongue, "again?" he teases.

I giggle and nudge him, "you know your father loves my broccoli soup."

"Doesn't mean we have to love them" he teases with a smile, looking back at his son he raises a brow, "right Light?"

The young colt nods, looking down on the soup he suddenly frowns, "but I love momies soup" he states looking at me, "momies soup is the best" I giggle as does Shining, the little colt was looking at us with confusion.

"Can I help you?" Twilight was suddenly in the kitchen looking at us with a warm smile.

I shake my head and point at the table, "no, everything is already finished. You can get Velvet and Night to come over so we can start" I smile at her as she nods and walks back out.

I give Shining a quick peck on his cheek and smile devilish, "you'll pay for that later" I purr.

Shining smiles.

Night, Velvet and Twilight were returning, taking their seats, Light was jumping onto his chair, Shining also sitting on his chair.

I smile as a warm feeling fills my heart.

Right now this was perfect.

Everything that I wanted was here right now, the happiness I had searched so long for, the family I wished I had so many years ago.

I was happy.

Happy to have found this, a husband who loves me, his crazy sister and their parents, both lovely, caring ponies who accepted me, who care for me as much as I care for them.

It was perfect to have such a life.

And it was everything I wished for.






If this could only last forever....

The End

Author's Note:

This is it, the ending of Time never stands still.

Thanks for reading it guys, I know it was sometimes rather strange and maybe there are some plot holes, which I hope there aren't, if you didn't understand some things, or I just failed to explain them, ask me, I try to answer the remaining questions.

And don't worry I plan to do a sequel to this but I have to look about what and who and stuff like that, so please bear the time there won't be any uploads.

Maybe I will do some oneshots just to test out different stuff, maybe a different writing style etc.

Well that's future stuff!

Tell me if you like this ending... and if you don't... well can't be helped.

Well...

Whatever...

See ya in my next story!

Comments ( 4 )

That sequel better wrap up things for siren or else imma be mad.

Comment posted by ArcIsDead deleted Jan 26th, 2014

4225337

That's sad... :raritydespair:

But if you think so.... okay. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment