• Published 18th Oct 2013
  • 902 Views, 42 Comments

Time never stands still - Dradavar



1000 years. No... More than that. How long? ... How many thousand years was I lost?

  • ...
3
 42
 902

Happiness, anger and Sirens dream

Chapter 17


Lunas embrace grows numb. I release her from my grip and look deep into her eyes, tears still streaming down her cheeks.

"Do you really" she sobs, her voice almost hollow, "think they will love me?" I shake my head.

"You can't force them" I hug her again, "I bet even Celestia couldn't force them" I feel Lunas soft nod, as she sobs again.

She clears her throat and pushes me back, "thanks Siren." she whispers.

"Everytime" I answer, trying to smile, it doesn't look like one but atleast it's honest.

She returns the smile, even though hers is also pretty weak.

I turn around, still wearing this weird smile and see Shning Armour walk in.

I walk the stairs down, greeting him with a nod.

"How's she doing?" I ask Shining.

"Not so bad" he answers, "she stopped to cry the instant we left the throne room. She has a strong will" he looks back to Luna, seeing the tear stains on her coat he looks at me.

"And how is Luna doing?" he asks, concern reflecting in his eyes and voice.

"Good, good" I answer, "she is still pretty hurt that her subjects want to overthrow her" Shining nods.

"Why do they want that anyway?" I ask him, "what's with all the stories about a Nightmare Moon?"

Shining shakes his head, "it's something so old, but still the ponies fear her" he looks up to Luna, his face showing adoration, "I don't know much about it, just the stories they tell. If you want to know everything ask Luna herself or read the books" I turn around looking at Luna, she was talking to Smile right now, her expression was friendly, happy.

The mask of a leader.

I sigh, and stretch myself, my back made popping sounds, I yawn.

"How are your wounds?" Shining suddenly asks, startling me, he turns to me looking at the bright scars that can be seen.

"Fine" I answer with a smile, "didn't even hurt" I stick my tongue out, he laughs.

"Strange you looked pretty-"

"Siren" Luna interrupts Shining, making him turn around and bow almost instantly.

"Yes princess?" I turn to her, I don't bother to bow, technically I'm still not sworn.

"I want to go and see how the revolutionleader is doing" she walks past me, "you wanna accompany me?" she asks over her shoulder, not even waiting for an answer. I look at Shining, nodding at him, he nods back, and walk up to Luna walking with her side by side.

They way to the infirmary was a short and silent one.

Atleast he was short.

At the infirmary were two guards, one left, one right, guarding the entance, waiting for new orders. They nod at Luna and me as we walk closer, opening the doors.

I have to say I prefered the silence.

In the infirmary were multiple ponies moaning and groaning, hurt during the changling attack or during the revolution, the whole room was filled with the sounds of them.

I don't like the sound of ponies moaning, I never liked it.

We walk through the infirmary, following the path, past a few unused beds.

There was a broken one. It looked like they had tried to let a dragon sit on it, it was broken and bend. Luna and I stopped before the strange scenery, I knew what it meant, Luna apparently not.

"What happened here?" she asked loud, but no one besides me seemed to listen.

"They tried to disarm the rainbow maned mare" I answer, Luna turning to me, "one of the many magics weaved into the weapons is a enchantment that allows only it's host to move the weapon. For everypony else it's impossible to move."

"And why then is the bed destroyed?" she looks back at the bed.

"The enchantment makes the weapon heavier" I explain quickly, "far too heavy to be moved and everything under it that can't take the weight gets crushed, simple as that" Luna looks back to me.

She shrugs and goes on, walking down the path till the very last bed.

There she was, lying on her back, preening her wings. Luna stops, I don't know why but I do so too. Luna just waits, looking at 'Dash'.

"What are we waiting for?" I ask Luna in a whisper.

"Preening is something very personal" she explains, also whispering, "it's rude to interrupt a pegasi that preens his wings, after all he might hurt himself if he or she gets startled" I nod, looking away from the pegasi.

"How long does preening take?" I ask her impatient.

She giggles, "it takes how long it needs to" she sits down, still looking at 'Dash'. She was the patience in person.

After a few minutes I lay down, just waiting for something to happen, Luna was still sitting right next to me, her breath was calming, my eyelids start to droop.

I nod away.

I open my eyes again.

Darkness around me.


'Celestia' sitting before me, looking at me with a warm smile.

"You returned" she whispers.

I shake my head, "I don't even know how I came here" I answer honest.

"You are in need of answers" her smile widens, "thats why your restless soul finds it's way here" her smile was infectious, I feel how my own lips crack up to a faint smile.

"What do you want to know?" 'Celestia' asks.

I think about that question for a second, "first of all, who are you?" I finally ask.

She nods, "I have many names" she walks closer, turning around next to me she sits down.

"There are so many names for me that I don't even know what is my real name anymore"

I furrow my brow.

"My name..."


"Happiness"


I open my eyes again, just as Luna stands up to walk to 'Dash', quickly getting up myself I follow her, trying to ignore the strange sensation creeping up my spine.

'Did I really see that?' I ask myself, more than a little bit confused.

"Hello, miss Rainbow" Luna states, looking at the mare in the bed.

"Princess" Rainbow bows her head slightly.

I'm confused, only a few hours ago this pony tried to overthrow her, why is she so friendly now, the creeping sensation in my neck was still distracting.

"Why so friendly?" I ask, "didn't you try to overthrow her only moments ago?" my voice gets louder, Rainbow shrugs but nods.

"Siren" Luna looks at me, "there is no need to shout at her" I nod and whisper an excuse.

Luna turns back to Rainbow looking deep into her eyes.

"Why do you fear me?" Luna asks, her voice was filled with pain and anger, "I never did anything to you."

"It's what you did to ponykind" Rainbow answers, her glare was excusing, "you killed Celestia."

My eyes widen.

Luna recoils, her eyes filled with pain.

"Who told you something like that?" I hiss, my voice was filled with anger.

The creeping sensation in my back returned, getting heavier, like a weight pulling me down.

"The ponies who fled from Canterlot" she explains, shrugging a little bit at my glare, "they say Luna revolted again"

"I never-" Luna starts.

"Changelings attacked Canterlot!" I shout at Rainbow, making all the ponies in the room turn around to me.

"Siren you-" Luna was looking at me.

"You weren't here! You didn't see how she sacrificed herself to protect this town!" my voice fell an octave.

'Calm yourself' something whispers in my mind, 'anger blinds you.'

"You don't know nothing!" my voice grew angrier and angrier, I couldn't even explain myself why.

"Siren!" Luna shouts at me, making me spin around to her.

The anger disappears, like a heavy blanket pulling me down that get's lifted.

I fall, my legs just buckle away, I didn't even know I had my muscles tightend like that, I gasp.

"What is wrong with you?" Lunas eyes filled with concern.

I still gasp and turn back to Rainbow, the heavy sensation of anger returning.

My eyes widen.

I stand up and turn away, looking away from the mare.

"What did you do to your weapon Anvil?" I whisper.

"What did you say?" Luna asks, I turn to her, shaking my head.

"Nothing" I sigh, "but I think I'm too tired to follow any conversation, I will retire for today if that's fine with you" I look at Luna, ignoring Rainbow completly. On purpose of course.

Luna looks confused and opens her mouth a few times but closing it everytime, she looked like a fish for a second there.

She nods, "if you say so, you are relieved for today" she turns around to Rainbow.

I walk to Luna, whispering into her ears.

"Her weapon" Lunas ears twitch, "is anger" I turn around to Rainbow, the sensation returning almost instantly, "don't stay too long, I don't know if you are immune to it's influence" Luna nods.

"Miss Rainbow" I nod at her, she returns the nod.

I walk away, following the path. At first I was slow, walking the path calm but after a few meters I start to speed up. Out of the infirmary I start to run, just away from the weapon.

Just away from the anger.

I blackout. I remember returning to my room but everything after that disappears into darkness.



Amortheyf hits Garnjiel, Anvil was grinning as he turns around trying to kick me with his left hindleg, I parry the kick with my own leg, making him stumble a step away.

"Good reaction!" he states and jumps at me again. I was also grinning. The sparrings were my favorite part of each day. They reminded me of my foalhood. Of course I didn't like my foalhood, but old habits die hard.

Every day we met to train eachother, our reflexes were monstrous thanks to the magic of our weapons, so we needed this to get stronger and faster than the average guard. It was also one way to kill some time if there was nothing to fight against.

We never had much free time. After all we were the only five Eclipse Guards, the only rotation we had was who guarded what.

And today Anvil and I had the free time, we both were divided to guard the dungeons.

The dungeons were empty.

The were like this for two years now, since the Eclipse Guard existed.

After a few minutes of fighting we just sat down, leaning at each other, enjoying the silence and the warmth of eachother.

"Sometimes" Anvil suddenly says, "when I fight, there is this..." he stops midsentence, thinking about how to explain it, "... a sensation" he finally states.

"What kind of sensation?" I ask, turning around I lay my chin onto his shoulder.

"It... hard to explain" his voice was quiet, almost scared, "but it's anger" his right wing rises, looking down on Amortheyf he sighs.

"We all feel that in a battle" I answer, nuzzling him, "it's normal to feel anger during a fight" Anvil shakes his head.

"This is not anger like that" he answers, "this anger is boiling, writhing around my heart, it feels so animate" he explains.

I give him a quick peck on the cheek, making him turn around to me, I stick out my tongue.

"You're such a softy" I giggle, he smiles.

"Oh am I?" he smiles getting back up he shoves me away, spreading his wings, he jumps at me.

And the training goes on.


I open my eyes, lying on my bed. Garnjiel was lying on the floor, it's rune was pulsing slowly, showing how calm I am right now.

"He told me" I whisper to myself, "but I ignored it" I sit up, noticing how much darker my room got I look out the window to see that the sun was slowly sinking. It was evening already.

"You ignored what?" Shining suddenly asks me, I jump and gasp, even a small scream escapes my lips.

He laughs, as I turn around, red as a tomato.

I gasp, "don't! Do! That! Ever! Again!" I glare at him, he smiles at me.

"Jeez, I never guessed you are such a scaredy cat" he jokes, still smiling.

"I...I'm not!" I answer stuttering, "you just surprised me that's all!" I stick out my tongue.

He shakes his head still grinning, "whatever makes you sleep" he answers.

"Haven't your parents told you not to sneak up on ponies?" I ask him, also joking.

"Nah, they even supported me to do so" he sticks out his tongue, "they said it would be a useful skill if I want to join the guards."

I shake my head, now giggling.

"You are horrible" I giggle, Shinings smile grows bigger.

"Look who's talking" he counters.

I throw a pillow in his face.

He throws it back.

After a few minutes of fighting we just lay there, he on the floor I'm on the bed, both gasping.

"I never had a pillow fight" I gasp.

"Never?" he asks amused.

I shake my head, I know he can't see it.

After a few minutes of gasping I furrow my brow, a question creeping up.

"What are you doing here anyway?" I look down at him, he looks up.

"Luna send me to look after you, she was a little bit concerned" he answers, getting up, he looks at me.

Suddenly he turns red and turns away, coughing.

"What?" I ask him confused.

He doesn't turn around, but was still red as a tomato, "you might wanna close your hindlegs" he clears his throat.

"Close my hindlegs?" I look down my hinlegs.

'Oh!' I blush and follow his suggestion, I facehoof.



"Can I look now?" he asks quietly.



I'm still facehoofing.

I look at him, his eyes closed, his shy blush.

And giggle as I sit up.

"You're stupid" I tease him.

Author's Note:

I accidently hit the publish button... I was reading it my own to look for mistakes and didn't even noitce I published it with a fewmistakes in it, so sorry for that.

Yay! Another chapter! And more confusing stuff! But still I like it, I never liked to read a story and instantly know what is going on. I love it if it gets a little bit complicated.

And seriously Siren? Lying there with your hindlegs straddled like that! You should be ashamed of yourself! ...

And I should be ashamed for writing it! .... Nah not really....

Well... Whatever...

See ya next chapter.