• Published 18th Oct 2013
  • 902 Views, 42 Comments

Time never stands still - Dradavar



1000 years. No... More than that. How long? ... How many thousand years was I lost?

  • ...
3
 42
 902

Htaed gnitcelfer

Chapter 27



I don't know how long I am already sitting here, the calmness of this place is gone.

Everything is like before, calm and quiet.

It got eerie.

"Wra'kyr?" I whisper, my voice strangely echoing over the lake.

No answer.

"Wra'kyr!?" I turn around and search for the god.

I'm alone.

Wind starts to rustle through the grass, the calmness of the lake gets destroyed, it's surface breaks as the wind rushes over it.

The reflection of the moon gets disturbed.

And something rises out of the water.

A massive, black platform with an crescent edge, a black throne made out of bones in the middle.

And sitting on the throne was Braak'tha.

He was wounded, his left eye was destroyed also the left half of his face, both were coloured in a dark crimson, black mist streaming out, dissolving into air.

The rest of his body was nothing spectacular, he looked like one of this bipedal creatures, even though his skin was black, black as the darkness that flows out of his wounds. His chest was torn open, his black heart visible, only protected by his ribcage, slowly beating. His lower body was covered in black armour.

His breathing was heavy, he was leaning heavy on the throne, he looks up to me.

And grins.

He slowly rises to his feet.

Raising his right arm the mist around him starts to circle, slowly flowing into his hand.

In a sudden movement, he pulls at the mist, a black sword now in his hand.

"You... hurt me!" his voice was still a hissing, deep, dark, heavy but now also raspy, he raises his left arm and closes his hand into a fist, "I will crush you!" his grin widens, revealing his moving tongue through the wound in his face.

"But I will be fair" he opens his fist and points at me, "you will get a fair chance!"

The mist around him rushes at me, I raise my hands and try to shield myself.

The mist doesn't stop.

And then he touches my skin.

I close my eyes.

It felt heavy.

Lonely.

Dark.

Cold.

I open my eyes.

The mist was gone, I was now standing on the platform, Braak'tha on the opposite sight. I look down and notice where the heavy and cold feeling was coming from.

My body was now clad in a black armour, atleast my legs and my hips. My stomach was visible, only my ribs and the rest of my chest covered. My neck, head and arms were uncovered.

The sheath of a black longsword was attached to the left side of my hip.

I look back at Braak'tha, he looks at me with a manical grin, his sharp teeth glinting in the moonlight.

Braak'tha readies himself, bending the knees.

"Draw!" he shouts and lunges at me.

He was slow.

I take a step to the side, dodging his attack.

His blade sinks deep into my thigh.

Apparently not.

'No!' my mind shouts, 'I dodged the attack!' I look down at the blood, slowly flowing down my leg.

Braak'tha jumps away, getting some room between me and him.

I dodged the attack, I'm sure about that, I wanted to attack him from behind.

But my whole body screams, remembering the pain of Braak'thas weapon.

I fall to my knee, covering the wound with one hand, I look up to Braak'tha.

He was grinning.

"A fair chance?" I scoff and stand up looking down on my sword.

I pull at the hilt.

I draw the blade, which was screaming, the normally soft song of a blade was now a scratching mourn.

He lunges again at me, I twist my wrist, deflecting the blow.

The sound of two swords colliding echoes over the land, I see him slide away, his movements are slow, his attacks weak.

A wound opens up in my side, right under my ribs, a small cut.

My mind screams, as much in pain as in confusion.

I deflected the blow away from my body, the blade, not even the tip got close to my body.

But still I got hurt.

My mind was racing.

Braak'tha was not moving at all, standing there ready to react to any of my movements.

I start to circle around him, he starts to move, looking into my eyes with menace.

I scream as a wound opens up in my back, again only a small cut but it was enough to break my concentration, I fall to my knee.

Braak'thas sword cuts through the air, a whistling sound could be heard.

My body moves on it's own, reacting to the threat before me, my sword rushes up, deflecting the attack, Braak'tha stumbles, and again my body moves.

A cut appears on his left arm, his dark blood disappearing in the air, dissolving into mist.

Braak'tha screams in pain, falling to his knee he covers the wound with his other hand, still holding the sword.

A long, deep cut appears in my thigh, all the way from my hip down to my knee.

I fall down, dropping the sword I cover the wound with both hands.

During the battle we went further to the edge of the platform.

And then I see it.

The surface.

On the surface was Braak'tha standing, unwounded he circles around my own reflexion which was lying on the floor, just like me.

"You noticed?" Braak'tha stands up, turning around he looks down on me, "the reflexions also fight their own fight" he grins, pointing at the water.

His reflexion in the water lunges at me, impaling the tip of the sword in my shoulder.

I scream as the same wound opens up in my real body, blood flowing out, Braak'tha laughs.

"And every wound that opens up in the reflexion, opens up in the body of it's owner" his voice was filled with menace, with anger but was also quiet, "you will die here, Siren. And after you're dead I will take control over your body, I will do things you can't even think about."

"And you will love it" he points at me, "ready to die?" he readies himself, pointing the blade at me.

I laugh.

My laughter was almost as manical as his as I roll on my back, the sword back in my hand, this time in my left hand.

I see Braak'thas eyes widen, he takes a step back like he has been slapped.

"Why are you laughing?" he shouts at me, "you are the one on the grou-"

My blade sinks deep into the water, destroying the surface.

Braak'tha screams, loud and high.

My sword has impaled the chest of his reflexion, cutting his whole chest in two.

His heart splits in two.

But no blood was flowing, no blood gushing out. Not even mist was escaping the wound.

Braak'tha falls to his knees, his body slowly dissolving, starting at his feet, slowly wandering up.

He was screaming all the time, his high pitched voice echoing over the land.

The dissolving wanders higher and higher, around his heart, destroying every part of Braak'tha, everything besdies his heart.

The heart implodes.

A massive black shockwave sends me flying through the air.



I open my eyes.

I was back in my room.

Lunas head was resting on my bed, she fell asleep sitting next to me, a soft blanket over her sleeping form.

I jump up, shoving my blanket away from me, looking down my body.

I gasp.

My body was as before, no crystals, no wounds, no scars.

No cutie mark.

Author's Note:

The title of this chapter is Reflecting death, just mirrored.

So yeah, this was just another illusion of Braak'tha, but this time he didn't toy with Siren, he just wanted to defeat her, he tried to drive her insane with pain she couldn't dodge, deflect or block, she would just have to bear the pain until she would surrender, just to stop the pain.

That was his plan.

Sirens cutie mark disappeared? What does this mean?

I bet you all wanna know.

You will, don't worry.

Well...

Whatever...

See ya next chapter.