• Published 18th Oct 2013
  • 902 Views, 42 Comments

Time never stands still - Dradavar



1000 years. No... More than that. How long? ... How many thousand years was I lost?

  • ...
3
 42
 902

The ten gods

Chapter 20


I wake up to the feeling of someone removing the bandages.

A loud gasp.

My eyes open.

Luna stands before me, a stern look on her face.

"What happened to you?" her voice was quivering with shock.

I don't answer immediately, I have to think how to answer that question.

"Siren!" I look up seeing into her big eyes, filled with worry.

"Garnjiel bursted" Luna nods.

"Shinin explained that to me" she sits down in front of me, "I want to know what happened to you during your unconsciousness" I look at her.

A smile creeps up my face.

"I fought my hatred" I state quietly.

"And you won?" she asks.

I laugh, which strangely doesn't hurt, and shake my head.

"I lost" I look back into her eyes, "he defeated me easily" Luna raises her brows and looks past my face onto my back, confusion reflects in her face.

"Does it look so bad?" I ask her, seeing her expression.

Luna shakes her head, "it looks almost like before" my eyes widen, "not one scar" she looks back down at me, "but I guess you need to learn how to use them."

"Use them?" I struggle to get off my belly, sitting up, "what do you mea-" light rose coloured feathers fall into my sight, long downs, I turn around, wanting to tell the pony to keep his wings out of my face.

My chin hits the floor.

My eyes follow the downs up, follow the build of the wings, further and further.

My eyes meet the point where the wings come from.

They grow out of my back.

"Siren?" Luna waves a hoof in front of my face, "Siiiiiren?" she chirms, after a few seconds her hoof meets her face.

"Perfect" she shakes her head and turns away from me, "doctor? She broke!" she yells into the hallway.

"Who broke?" a brown coated stallion walks in looking at Luna and me.

"Siren" she points at me.

Finally my eyes close.



"What did you do to me?" I shout through the darkness looking for Happiness.

"Gave you the meanings to fight them on equal footing" Happiness appears right in front of me, I gasp.

Her wings were gone.

I shake my head, sitting down, "on equal footing? Them? If you haven't noticed, Garnjiel tore me apart" my voice fills with anger.

Happiness raises a hoof, silencing me, "he did because you were unprepared" she smiles at me, "he defeated you because you thought that Garnjiel and the others are just weapons, not living beings" I nod.

"Of course I thought that" I get back up, walking up and down in front of her, "they are weapons, forged almost two thousand years ago, what else should they be?" I look at Happiness and see something I haven't seen before on her face.

Sadness.

"You are just as ignorant as he was" she turns away from me.

"He?" I walk closer, "who do you mean?" she looks back at me.

"Anvil" my eyes widen, she nods, "yes I've met Anvil. And yes I spoke to him, told him to fight his inner madness" she looks into my eyes, "if you had lost your fight against Garnjiel, like he did against Amortheyf, you would have done the same things he did" I fall down on my haunches.

"He lost?" Happiness nods.

"During your fight with Discord" she explains softly, "he lost the only thing that could keep the madness away from his mind" she looks deep into my eyes, "you, his fiancée."

Happiness closes her eyes.

Images stream into my mind, images of Anvil on his knees, kneeling in front of a dark figure.

He was wounded and gasped.

"You" he spit blood onto the figures feet, "won't.... break.... me" he gasped.

"I already did" came the answer, the dark figur decayed, falling apart to dust. But instead of settling on the floor, the dust moved towards Anvil, creeping up his body, soaking itself into him.

Anvil screamed during the whole process, pain and blood escaping his mouth.

After a few seconds he stopped screaming, his wounds closed and he got back up. Opening his eyes.

Dark red eyes, filled with menace and madness look back at me.

"As you wish" he whispers with a hollow voice, "Braak'tha."

I recoil.

The name alone sends images of madness into my mind, gasping and wheezing I look at Happiness, her face shows disgust.

She looks at me and sighs, "he's one of the five emotions" Garnjiels hilt appears, slowly gliding to the floor, "king Solaris never gave you this weapons to make you his guard" her expression grew sorrowful and sad, "he used you, he needed you to summon these dark gods and-"

"Stop it!" I shout at her, silencing her, "just stop it!" tears start to well up, "so you tell me, that everything I fought for, everything that I wanted to protect, everything I did to protect" tears fall to the floor.

"Is a lie?" Happiness sorrowful expression was still there, no smile to tell me it's not true.

A lie.

Everything.

"It's not everything a lie" she whispers, I look at her, "you used these powers to do the right" her voice was weak, "you protected Celestia, you fought evil to protect" her expression still doesn't change.

"That doesn't change anything" I answer, more tears falling.

"That changes everything" Happiness answers, "you took the hilt of this blade to protect, not to slaughter, without even knowing it you sabotaged Solaris plan" my mind clears, hope starts to stream into my thoughts.

She finally smiles again, walking closer she pulls me into a hug.

Backing up she sits back down, looking deep into my eyes.

A question starts to burn in my mind.

"Who are these five?" her expression instantly changes, from the happy glee to a dark stern look, she sighs.

"The five emotions" she slowly explains, "Sorrow or regret, fear, confusion, hate or anger and madness. Their names are as old as this world and appear in the dark essence, engraved into it. Their names are, Braak'tha which is the aspect of madness. Gyal'kraa is sorrow. Yours, hatred, was named Melre'kat. The aspect of fear is already dead, Aawahj was killed by Shining Insignia, during his fight with the dragons his fear overwhelmed him. The last aspect, the aspect of confusion, is called Lery'al and she is the only female aspect."

"Is it important that she is female?" I ask out of curiousity, Happiness nods.

"It is important if you fight her" she shows a weak smile.

"How do you know that?" I finally ask, "you explain this like you seen them change, like you knew them. Like you know how they were before they were this creatures" I look at her.

I look at her mouthagape.

She nods.

"They aren't the only five gods" her voice gets quieter, "the five good aspects have also their representative gods. I'm one of them, the god of happiness, Wra'kyr" she looks down onto her hooves, "this isn't even my real form. But your mind couldn't comprehend my real form anyway" she looks back at me seeing my confusion.




"Cool eh?" she smirks.

I facehoof.

Author's Note:

Yay update! .... And yes ten gods, deal with it.

So yeah, the gods in this story can die, they may be almost invincible, but only almost.

Siren got wings! .... She was supposed to have wings from the very beginning but this would have kinda destroyed her whole background.

Some of you might ask, why is Wra'kyr talking to Siren, or something among those lines, well, look at it this way, if not we wouldn't have this story, so please deal with it until everything get's explained.

And I'm very sorry that the one part where Wra'kyr explains the five dark god, the text isn't in her colour, but after I coloured everything it looked like something that would r**e everyones brain and I didn't want that, the pink is already hard enough to read.

Well...

Whatever...

See ya next chapter.