• Published 18th Oct 2013
  • 902 Views, 42 Comments

Time never stands still - Dradavar



1000 years. No... More than that. How long? ... How many thousand years was I lost?

  • ...
3
 42
 902

Hatred vs. Siren reopened!

Chapter 9


'Can you see them?'

'Who?'

'Them'

'Who are 'them'?'

'You tell me'

'I don't wanna'

'Tell me'

'Leave me alone!'

'TELL ME!'



My back hurts. I open my eyes.

I'm in my room, lying on my back, I notice that Celestia looks down on me, a worried expression on her face.

"You finally awake?" she asks quietly, I simply nod, not trusting my own voice. Celestia answers with a nod herself.

"Princess?" I look at the door, Shining Armor was standing there, he was in his captain's armour having a stern expression on his face, "it's time" Celestia nods. She walks to the door, Shining was holding it open for her.

"Siren" she turns to me more worry showing on her face, "Canterlot is under attack" my eyes widen.

I growl, already regretting my decision.

I slip out of the sheets, walking to Celestia I quickly salute. She looks at me, she knows me, she knows that she can't stop me.

She sighs.

"Shining Armor?" he salutes, "please teleport Siren to my room, Garnjiel is in there and she will need it" Shining nods.

I look at Celestia, she looks back at me.

She hugs me suddenly.

"Don't get poisoned again" she whispers into my ears, my eyes widen.

She let go of me, looking at me with concern, she nods again, turns around and walks out of my room.

"Ready?" he asks coldly, his friendly, cute behaviour is gone. I nod.

I see pale blue light emitting from his horn and engulfing my body, the light get's brighter. The world twists away, darkness for a second and then we're before Celestias study.

"Some rooms have powerful wards" he explains, "making it impossible to teleport in them or out of them, so I ported us in front of her study" he opens the door.

His eyes widen.

Garnjiel was hovering in the room, the rune burning brighter than before.

"What is this?" he asks, "another sideeffect of the magic running through the blade?"

"Yes" I answer quietly almost timid, "the blade has many porperties, one of them is that it feels the enemies of my liege which is still Celestia" Shining nods and we walk in together.

I walk closer to Garnjiel, ready to grab the sword. I hesitate.

"Shining?" he looks at me, his brows raised.

"There are so much more things to these weapons" I start, still kinda timid, "and we don't have the time right now to explain everything but" I look at him, "if I lose myself. Run" his eyes widen.

"What-"

"As I said" I interrupt him, "we don't have the time right now" I grab Garnjiel, a burst of magic runs through my body, rejuvinating my still sore muscles, waking my almost sleeping brain.

And ignites something else.

I turn around to Shining Armor.

And I see his eyes widen as he notices the change in my eyecolour.

"For my queen" I whisper, red magic rushes over my body, my armour appears on my body.

'Yessssssss' something in the back of my head whispers, 'more wrath.'

Nodding at me, we walk out of Celestias study and run through the hallways, looking for the enemy or my liege to help her.

A mare runs into our direction. A purple mare a book and a quill on her flank. She looks at us, almost collapsing for happiness.

"Shining!" she cries, running up to us, "Shining, help me!"

"Twilie!" he cries out running up to her, embracing her.

"Shining" she cries, tears streaming down her face, "what happened? Why are we under attack? What are those things?"

I walk closer to them, a stern expression on my face, "we don't have time for that now!" I exclaim louder than I wanted.

This 'Twilie' looks at me with fear, "who is she?" she asks scared, fleeing deeper into Shinings embrace.

"I will explain everything later" he says softly, "for now go to Celestias study and hide there, let us take care of this" 'Twilie' looks up to him, hope rushing through her eyes, she nods.

Letting him go, she looks at us, hope still bruning in her eyes, "good luck" she says quietly.

Shining and I nod at her and watch her as she runs down the hallway we just ran down. After she is out of sight we turn back around and start looking for Celestia or the enemies again.

"A relative of your?" I ask coldly. He nods but doesn't say or do anything else.

"You will tell me later?" he nods again.

"Then let's do this" I exclaim.

We sprint through the hallways still looking for any signs of enemies.

And finally, after searching half of the castle we find them.

Black ponies, shiny armour no weapons, shooting green rays of energy of spit green goo.

"Changelings!" Shining exclaims, I look at him, confused, but only for a second.

In the end, they're the enemies of my liege.

Enemies have to be destroyed.

I pull Garnjiel, the blade erupts in fire, the crack closes.

And then we reach the enemy.

I throw my blade at the first, impaling the blade in his chest, he still stands, forced on his legs by the power of the throw. I run up to him pulling the blade out of him, green blood gushing out. In a single move I pull the blade out of the first, sending him through the air and decapitating two others. The green blood gushing out of their open necks sprays on my face. I lick some of it.

I spit the blood out, trying to get it's taste of my tongue. It didn't taste like blood, not at all. It was missing the specific taste, it was like bile, thrown up once, eaten and then thrown up again, it was a sour, slimy taste.

I hated it. I hated to miss it.

The taste of blood on my tongue.

Shining runs around me, his ghostly magical blade in his mouth he slashes through four more, tearing open throats and decapitating them.

"What's wrong?" he stares at me, "tired already?" he laughs and charges at the enemy again.

"You wish" I scoff.

And suddenly I'm in front of Shining Armor twenty changelings were standing like frozen. Shining looks at me, startled.

Suddenly blood gushes everywere, the changelings fall apart, either decapitated or split in two.

I turn around and look at Shining Armor with a grin, "you're tired?"

He scoffs and walks past me.

"Let's have a contest" he looks back seeing my raised brows, "and don't cheat like back there again" he grins wildly and runs to a new group of enemies.

"Do they count?" I shout after him.

"Nope!" he answers, tearing through some more changelings, "you should step up your game Siren! I'm already by eight!"

My eyes narrow.

And I grin menacingly.

After a few minutes tearing and cutting, ripping and piercing through the changelings we finally see an end to the group attacking the westwing.

Gasping and wheezing Shining walks to me, grinning like a fox.

"27" he gasps.

I'm tired too but not nearly as much exhausted as he is.

"19" I answer, Shining grins again.

"I won" he smiles.

Garnjiel tears through his through his throat, his eyes widen in shock as he sees me grinning at him.

My grin widens, "don't think so."

Blood sputters out of his open mouth and throat.

Hauling Garnjiel on my back I turn around, seeking for more enemies.

"Next" I shout.

I blink, Shining was still in front of me, totally fine, sure he had a few cuts and bruises but he was still alive.

But exhausted.

"Shining" I look at him, he looks at me. I haul Garnjiel on my back, "you go back to that purple pony, protect her, I go protect Celestia" he shakes his head.

"I want to-"

"You're far too exhausted" I interrupt him, "you will get killed at this rate" he looks at me, worry on his face, but then he nods.

"Don't get yourself killed" I give him a quick peck on his cheek.

"You only won cause I wasn't allowed to go full out" his eyes widen again, remembering my dance through the enemy lines.

"What do you think will happen if I actually use all I have?"

He looks at me, his expression turns into worry, "you'll lose yourself" he answers, "and I don't want that" he turns around and blinks away in a flash of pale magic.

I'm dumbstruck for a second.

'We don't need that' it whispers, 'hope and friends are a weakness' I shake my head, trying to get these thoughts out of my mind.

I turn around and run through the westwing.

The exit, from westwing to the main part of the castle, is guarded. I see it from across the hallway. But only a single changeling stands in my way. I pull Garnjiel and ready myself to slam it into the changeling.

But then something changes.

The dark skin of the changeling splits open and bursts off, revealing a pony with a rapier and a black leather armour.

'Skull!' I think quickly, as her rapier rushes straight at my face. I tilt my head to the side, dodging most of her thrust. I land behind her, a deep cut on my face, blood running down my cheek. This time I'm not licking it off.

"You're still pretty quick" she says, turning around, twirling her rapier, my blood flies off of the point "even with this armour" she looks at me, her armour doesn't put itself together, hate burning in her eyes.

'Yesssssss, hate' it whispers, 'moooooooore' the whispers get louder.

I look at her as she stands there, "how are your ribs?" I ask.

She narrows her eyes.

And lunges at me, her tip rushes at me again, I tilt my head away and again I can barely dodge the attack, luckily my helmet protects me, I hear her blade scratching over my left horn.

But Skull isn't finished, she jumps at me, using her left backleg to kick at my jaw, this time no protection safes me.

I fly through the air, Garnjiel lands on the ground with a loud chiming sound. I'm able to catch myself, making it able for me to land on my hooves as I glide over the polished marble floor.

'What happened?' I'm confused, 'she got faster!' she looks at me, her face still a grimace twisted by hate.

"Last time" she whirls her rapier and throws it into the wall, impaling it into the marble, "you won with only your hooves" she raising her upperbody and standing on her hindlegs she goes into a battle-stance, "let me show you how it's done, and don't worry, you won't get away with only a few broken ribs" she jumps at me again, her left front hoof connecting with my jaw, she sends me flying again.

Again I can catch myself midair, landing on my hooves, but Skull is already there, waiting at my destination. She turns herself around using her left hindleg to kick at me. Time slows down.

I look into her eyes. They are dark.

'Haaaaatred' it whispers.

"No!" I shout, my armor desintegrates into thin air.

And time moves again.

I land on her leg, using my own hindleg to kick her right into the face. She flies backwards through the air, a cry esacping her lips. I land on the floor, buckling a little bit. Skull looks at me, blood running down her lips. Her eyes narrow and she jumps up, ready to charge at me again.

'Haaaaatred' the voice was weaker, now that my armour was gone.

She lunges at me, a cry of anger on her lips. Time slows down again.

Skull changes.

Her armour, the shards flying through the air, fly at her, piercing through her flesh, cracking her bones gauging out her eyes. As she lands before me she is no longer anything close to a pony, a bleeding mass of flesh and dark metal, she was standing on her hindlegs her fronthooves had changed, they were now claws, claws like dragons have. Her face was almost gone, buried under the armour, blood running through the slits of the metal pieces. Time moves again.

She shriekes, if it was pain or something else, I couldn't tell it anymore, her voice had changed. She sounded now more like one of these changelings. She swipes with her claws at me, a deep gush appearing on my shoulder, blood flowing out.

I'm back at Garnjiel, the rune on it had lost a part of it's brightness the very moment the wound openend up in my flesh. The crack which was gone has opened up again.

"Haaaaaaaaatreeeeeeeed" Skull shrieks, getting back down on all four legs she walks slowly at me.

My eyes widen.

'No time to wonder!' my thoughts start to rush, and Skull lunges at me, her claws spread wide in bloodlust.

I step on the tip of Garnjiel, bringing the blade up in front of me, I lean heavy against the sword, pressing against it as her claws connect with the edge, pushing me back. The tip of Garnjiel scratches over the marble, furrows appearing in it.

We stop. Skull still pressing her claw against my sword, she suddenly wheezes and gasps.

"Haaatreed" she wheezes, I look at her, my expression changed to sad.

"Haaatreeeeeeeed" she wheezes, coughing blood.

I close my eyes.

I never had any problems to kill. It didn't matter to me what it was, dragons, gryphons, ponies.

It didn't matter. I was ordered to kill and I killed it.

But this.

This was no longer a pony, it was a prisoner. A prisoner of it's emotions.

I open my eyes again.

The monster was pulling his claw back, standing on it's hindlegs it howled, a loud but lonely sound.

It sounded hollow.

Rising his claws it tried to attack me again.

It didn't have a chance this time.

Kicking at the tip of the blade it went up, ready to be pierced through the dark heart of this creature. And it did exactly that.

I was breathing heavy, looking at Garnjiel, impaled deeply into it's chest.

"Hatred" it gargled.

A black fluid runs down Garnjiel.

The shard in it's face fall off, revealing the mangled and destroyed face of Skull.

"Thanks" she whispers, her clear blue eyes filled with tears.

The darkness flows down the blade, desintegrating the moment it falls to the ground.

A tear streams down my face.

I never had any problems killing, but killing a creature like this, a creature filled with hate.

It was a mercy kill.

And I had never showed mercy.

"Farewell" I answer with a whisper.

The darkness flowing out of her wound suddenly starts to shriek, it sounded like a high pitched scream, scratching over my eardrums, I flatten my ear and see how the darkness disappears.

Garnjiel sends out a wave of burning energy, it rushes into Skulls chest burning her from that point.

Only ashes remain.

Ashes and darkness.

Hatred

Author's Note:

Another chapter, wow. Today was a good day to write. And still, no this is not a corruption fiction, well atleast not like the corruption we know from Sombra, this is an other corruption.

Later on I will explain what kind of corruption this is. Until then, I hope you enjoy this fiction so far.

If not....
Well.... Whatever....

See ya in the next chapter.