• Published 18th Oct 2013
  • 902 Views, 42 Comments

Time never stands still - Dradavar



1000 years. No... More than that. How long? ... How many thousand years was I lost?

  • ...
3
 42
 902

Lose your reason

Chapter 28



I can't say I miss my cutie mark.

I really can't.

Even if it was a part of me.

All it brought me was pain, anger, dispair.

The rune had two meanings.

Soulless guardian.

Guardian of the souls.

No pony knows how the rune managed to get these two meanings, especially since it doesn't make sense in a clan full of earth ponies.

We had no magical power to guide souls to the next life, we had no magic to keep them in purgatory, we were earth ponies, out strength, our magic was stamina, durability.

Our will was our strength.

The problem was the thin line between these two extremes.

The guardian of the souls was the pony who would only follow the right things, the good orders, keeping the clan in safety and peace, in harmony.

The soulless guardian was the corrupted dark side of the coin.

He was the one who would destroy the clan, beheading the clan to burn it down.

The soulless guardian was the guardian of chaos.

Since I was four, since I know the meaning of the rune, I tried to follow the good path. I tried everything in my power to become the guardian of the soul, was stronger than my clanbrother, I was faster than them.

All I did was to protect, me, my family, those who were precious to me.

Until that one fateful day.

That day, one year after I became captain of the Eclipse Guard.

The revolution of the Dark clan.

And at the same time the obit of Dark Crimson Heart.

My father.

I remember almost everything.

The scent of blood.

The taste of blood.

The blood on my coat as I follow the orders of Celestia, the orders that tell me to protect her, to cleave through my clan brothers.

That day, I had failed. I had failed to achieve the titel of the guardian of the souls.

I had become the soulless guardian.

My hooves destroyed the Dark clan.


The massive door bursts open, Crimson walking in, a longsword in his mouth, his lieutenants, his captains behind him.

We were warned that he and his companions had managed to get into the castle, using hidden passages we managed to get back before their arrival, surprising them.

We fought, they didn't recognise me and Anvil, we were hidden under our massive armours and moved to fast for them.

Until Crimson was alone.

He was gasping.

Anvil and I took calm deep breaths, not even a little bit exhausted, the blood of our comrades dripping down our weapons and bodies.

That was the moment he, Crimson, finally had some time to look at us.

And he did.

With a smile.

I remember everything that day.

I remember as he started to laugh, thinking that we, as follower of the Dark clan, would still follow his orders.

"Siren! Anvil!" he lowered the sword, he thought he had won, "you scared me there for a second, but I guess you had to do this, to look like on of those guards so we would be alone."

"No Crimson" Anvil answers, his voice was rough and stern, "this is not some game. Drop your weapon."

I stayed silent.

"Sure, sure" Crimson smiles, "right after Celestias head lies before my hooves" he pulls up his weapon, "now step aside I have to kill a clan leader here" he walks right at, his breathing still heavy.

I step in his way.

"Drop your weapon" I order him, my voice was weak, the memories of who he is was still frightening me.

"You can stop the act now Siren" he raises a hoof to pet my head.

I ram Garnjiels hilt into his chest.

His breathing got even heavier now as he falls to his knees, looking at me with anger.

"Siren!" he gasps, looking at me, "I'm your father and your clan leader and I order you and Anvil to stay out of my way!" even now, kneeling before me, his voice had a intimidating sound.

I shrug.

Anvil steps before me, "you don't have the right to order us around Crimson! Now surrender!" Anvils face showed anger and sadness.

Getting back on his hooves he looks at Anvil, his eyes reflecting wrath.

"You little whelp think you can order me around?" he raises a hoof and tries to slap Anvil.

Anvil takes a step back to dodge the hit but at the same time he stretches his right wing to stop Crimson with the tip of Amortheyf, the blade at the throat of my father.

Crimsons eyes still showed no feelings besides wrath.

"Siren!" he bellows, "kill this traitor!"

"She won't listen to you Crimson" Anvil answer quietly.

"Siren!" Crimson bellows at me.

"Don't, Siren" Anvil speaks softly.

I take a step forward, Anvils eyes filling with fear, Crimsons eyes with proud.

Another step, I draw Garnjiel.

Anvil turns around.

Crimson pulls his sword and tries to stab Anvil.

Garnjiel sinks into Crimsons neck.

My eyes have a cold glance as I look into the eyes of my father, as his eyes fill with pain, as he realizes that I am no longer his slave.

"How... disappointing" he coughs and collapses.

"Siren?" Lunas soft voice wakes me from the memories.

I blink a few times, looking at her, her sleep depraved mane, her drooping eyes.

I nod at her, "yes princess?" I ask quietly.

Luna hugs me, holding me in her hooves she looks at me, "Oh I'm so glad that you are back! I was so worried that you might have lost your battle" she hugs me again, "I almost had to kill you at some points during your battle."

"Thanks Luna" I whisper, returning the hug, "thanks for staying by my side."

"Welcome back" Luna whispers.

"Thanks" my voice is weak.

Luna pulls away and looks at me, her eyes searching for any of the crystals. Her eyes stop at my flanks.

She gasps, "Siren! Your cutie mark! It's gone!" I nod, following her eyes I look back down on my flanks.

"It's okay" I answer in a whisper, looking back up at Luna.

"But how is this possible?" her voice showed her shock, her eyes jump between my eyes and my flanks, "cutie marks can't disappear!"

I nod.

"That simply means that I haven't earned my cutie mark yet" I answer, looking down my flanks.

"What do you mean by that?" Lunas confused eyes look in mine, "didn't you earn your cutie mark like everypony else?"

I shake my head, "I had my cutie mark since my birth" Lunas eyes widen, "well, atleast since the moment it was clear I would survive. Apparently, during my birth I stopped breathing for a few seconds, my mother and father were crying and mourning as the midwife took me away, as they tried to bring me back to life" Lunas expression was pure shock, "well, they managed to bring me back and the very moment I took my first breath my cutie mark appeared."

We sit there in silence, atleast a few minutes.

"How does it feel?" Luna suddenly asks, I look at her, raising a brow, "to be without cutie mark after having one for so long."

I think about this question for a few seconds.

And smile.

"Good" I answer.

"Good?" Lunas question was quiet, almost timid, I nod.

"Yes, good, since I had my cutie mark since my birth I never got a chance to find out who I really am, this rune forced me to life a live that I didn't chose" my smile widens.

"I now got the chance, to become that what I always wanted to be."

"Which is?" Luna asks, raising a brow but smiling.

Seconds pass.

"Don't know" I answer, scratching my chin.

Silence.

Lunas laugh fills the room and a moment later I laugh with her.

Author's Note:

Another chapter!

Next chapter will be the last.

Well I kinda hoped to get out some epic conclusion, something really epic, something like "Siren safes the world! Wuhu all hail Siren, the destroyer of the changelings, blah, blah blah..."

...

Something among the lines, but after finishing this chapter I noticed that there is nothing left for her, everything she had in life was fighting.

She fought her whole life bcause of something she never wanted.

Because of a cutie mark she didn't earn.

Well yeah, next chapter is the last chapter, I'm thinking about a sequel.

Maybe...

Will see about that.

So yeah whatever, next chapter is the last chapter of Time never stands still.

Well...

Whatever...

See ya in the next, and for this story last chapter.