• Published 4th Sep 2013
  • 646 Views, 14 Comments

Wishes Gone Wrong - Jazzy Mellows



Luna learns the hard way that you have to be REALLY careful about what you wish for, because you just might get it.

  • ...
2
 14
 646

Consolation (GoblinVision)

Now that he had solved the source of the problem, Jareth had to check for any issues that Luna's use of the Canterlot Voice might have caused. You could never tell how the Labyrinth's denizens would react to anything, anymore.

What he did find were two of the stranger creatures that the Labyrinth had started making recently. They were rather short, as the tops of their heads reached to his shoulders, and covered with fur from head to toe. The tails were more reptilian in design, but still furry, and they had plated armor-like spikes jutting from their backs, right about where their spines would be, extending down to their tails.

“Has anything happened here?” he asked.

“Yes, Your Majesty,” the male said. “After that massive shout, we seem to have become separated from our daughter.”

“I see,” he said. So this is what my Labyrinth is planning. “Does she know her way home?”

“I'm afraid not, Your Majesty,” the mother said. “What if something happens to her?”

“You have nothing to fear, madam,” Jareth said. “Currently, someone is running the Labyrinth. I'm sure that your daughter has become part of some plan to help the runner.”

“But, Your Majesty,” the father objected. “She is but a child. She could get hurt!”

Despite the parents' objections, Jareth knew better than to interfere with the plans the Labyrinth had for its runners. Though, he couldn't make the citizens understand that they were merely pawns for the Labyrinth's need to teach a lesson. There had to be a way to calm their fears, even if it did involve a half-lie.

“I can promise you my word that she will be safe,” Jareth said. “I will personally see to it that she returns home safely.”

His act of kindness brought the mother to tears, and the father thanked him greatly. He didn't like lying to his citizens, he was usually very blunt, but the Labyrinth doesn't like its plans to be interfered with. He would watch, but only from afar.

Author's Note:

Oh, did I ever mention my headcanon? It's coming into play with this story:

Every person who runs the Labyrinth is being taught a lesson. Luna has just learned one of hers in the last chapter, hence why the castle seems closer.
The Labyrinth adjusts itself in order to ensure that the lesson is taught. This is why Jareth knows not to interfere with it.

Comments ( 2 )

.....Way too short. It was just a little too blunt. If that is all you could put in there it would probably be best to combine some chapters. That was kind of like a fanfiction chapter. The ones I used to write. Except the grammar. As usual your grammar is awesome.:ajbemused:
I still like the plot though. Along with your headcanon. :heart:

Login or register to comment