• Published 4th Sep 2013
  • 646 Views, 14 Comments

Wishes Gone Wrong - Jazzy Mellows



Luna learns the hard way that you have to be REALLY careful about what you wish for, because you just might get it.

  • ...
2
 14
 646

Nicknames (GoblinVision)

Now that Jareth KNEW he was dealing with ponies, he had to be more careful. Last time he granted a pony's wish, that pony got banished to the moon. Then again, that was a thousand years ago. He'd had more practice with his magic since then. It wasn't so much the wish-maker he was worried about, or the purple unicorn-pegasus-thing that they'd wished away. It was the ruler.....

He'd known Celestia for a while now. He'd made it a point to acquaint himself with all the rulers of all the kingdoms he could, especially the ones where magic existed. But this ruler, this one he did not like one bit.

He was about two hundred years younger than her, and she always seemed to have the upper hand against him. That, and he could never make up a good, embarrassing nickname for her, where she had a trunkload of them for him. He hated losing, even at nicknames.

But at the moment, he had to figure out what to do with the filly. Good thing he thought about it, too, because the purple thing was about to make a meal out of his favorite cloak.

“No,” he told it. “We do not eat my things.”

“Spackle!” it said.

“Great,” he said with a groan. “Even YOU are giving me nicknames.” Then he thought for a minute. “You must have some connection to Celestia.” He put the filly down with his goblins, and gave them a few simple commands.

“Goblins,” he told them. “This is under our watch for the next thirteen hours. Try not to break it.” They began to play with the filly, and she responded to their excitement by calling them “gob”s. He had to admit, that was adorable, and he couldn't resist a chuckle.

He produced one of his crystals to entertain himself with. In it, he saw the memory of the last wish he had granted for a pony. It was a young one, but he remembered her well.

“I wish to be stronger than my sister” she said. Jareth looked over at the white Alicorn in the castle.

“Are you crazy?” he shouted. “This is the GODDESS OF THE SUN!” But she had wished, and he had to grant. The results were not pretty.

He was pulled from his memory by his goblins “ooh”ing and “aah”ing at something. He turned to see the filly playing with a crystal that he definitely did not simply leave lying around. This was a bad sign. What if she learned the wish-granting magic as well?

He scooped up the filly, and did the only thing he could think of on such short notice. He poofed right to the bedroom of his most famous former-runner, Sarah. Naturally, she did not like the idea of caring for a purple pegacorn, but when it called her “Sawa,” her heart melted, for the filly at least.

Before the argument about the morality of “kidnapping” a filly got too heated, Jareth remembered he still had to give the usual speech to the unfortunate wisher. And so, with another poof, he was in the land of ponies for the first time in a thousand years.

He found a blue pegacorn on the floor trembling, and unfortunately, Celestia, but at least she hadn't noticed his presence yet.

“I didn't mean what I said!” said the blue one.

“Oh, you didn't?” he said.

“Jareth,” Celestia said. “What have you done with Twilight Sparkle?” Well, now he can't name this baby after himself for the thirteen hours he got to “watch” over it.

“Oh, is THAT what that little purple filly's name is?” He said as he pranced about the room, hoping his glitter would piss Celestia off. She remained surprisingly calm.

“Yes,” Celestia replied, almost as if she were in a meeting of political matters. “And I can assure you that whatever punishment you plan on putting Luna through for wishing her away, I can do worse.”

“I'm sure you could, Your Royal Rainbow-i-ness,” he said, glad that he finally figured out a halfway decent nickname for Celestia. It wasn't as embarrassing as the ones she had for him, but it would have to do for the time being. “But then you still wouldn't have your little filly back.”

“Goblin King,” the blue one finally repied. “Where. Is. Twilight?” Jareth couldn't silence his chuckle as he finally realized that this was not the first wish he had granted from this pony.

“I have a friend watching her right now,” he said. “She's really talented at learning magic, so I had to keep her away from me before she started learning my skills.”

“Aww, did the poor widdle Gobwin King get beat at his own game by a widdle bitty baby?” Celestia said. He HATED when she chastised him like a child. She may have been two hundred years older than him, but it did not mean she could keep treating him like a child. He was eleven hundred years old, for crying out loud!

“I DID NOT!” he complained.“I simply didn't want to risk it, seeing as she was staring at my magic crystals with some intensity.” When both of the ponies in the room gave him disgusted looks, he realized how wrong that his choice of words sounded. To try and defend himself, he procured one of his crystals. “THESE!” he shouted. “THE ONES I USE TO WATCH OVER MY KINGDOM!”

“So,” Luna said. “What must We do to win Twilight back?” She was still using the royal We? How old fashioned. Quaint, but obsolete.

“The usual thing,” Jareth said. “Solve my Labyrinth, no magic, no wings, not like they'd work in my realm anyway. Thirteen hours, and all that jazz.” Then, Luna got WAY too close for personal comfort, and she looked worse than Celestia when he tried to have her trip on a goblin and into a fountain.

“Bringeth. It. On. Glitter Boy!” Great. Even LUNA was making fun of him.