• Published 24th Feb 2013
  • 3,003 Views, 30 Comments

The rainbow story - The Two Writers



Running from your past, you end up in Ponyville to start your new life. After shortly arriving you meet a very beautiful rainbow haired girl and you slowly fall in love.

  • ...
7
 30
 3,003

Chapter 9

Chapter 9

You wake up with a clear head, you never suffered the consequences of the dreaded hangover. Dash however isn't that lucky.

“Ooh, my head,” Dash moaned, trying to bury her head deeper into your chest. You look out the one window in the room and see that it was still dark. You try to pry Dash off of you but she just shakes her head, winces, and hangs on even tighter.

“Dashie, if you don't let me up, I can't make the drink that will rid you of your hangover,” you say.

“Fine but when you're done, you will come back to bed, we're not done cuddling,” Dash said as she got off you. You quickly find all of what you need. You gather toothpaste, soda, sugar, chocolate powder, and some fruit that you found in the small fridge in the room, and put them in a blender. After a few minutes on the highest setting, the concoction is done and you pour Dash a glass. You bring it to her in bed and she takes a sip. She grimaces at the taste.

“That tastes like crap!” She exclaimed, whipping her tongue on her sleeve.

“Yeah, but if you want to get rid of the handover, you have to drink it all,” you say, offering her the cup again. With a grimace she downs the cup.

“Gah! That was gross, now fill your part of the bargain,” Dash said. You set the cup of the nightstand and get back into bed. Dash lays her head on your chest again and just lays there. After a while she broke the silence. “Can I meet your parents?”

The question catches you off guard and you start to fidget.

“I'd rather you not,” you say.

“Why not?” Dash asked looking up at you with puppy dog eyes. You hesitate, contemplating on whether you should tell her or not.

“Just,” you say, trying to find the right words, “well, it's just...” you tried but you couldn't find the words.

“Are you ashamed of me?” Dash asked.

“No, it's just I’m ashamed of them. Also, I didn't exactly leave off the right foot with them,” you say, letting out a sigh.

“Well, I don't care if your ashamed, and you could use this opportunity to make amends with your family,” Dash said.

“Well maybe I don't want to make amends...” you mutter.

“What?” Dash asked.

“Nothing, you are going to make me go aren't you?” you ask, rubbing your eyes.

“No, but if you don't go, your going to always feel unaccomplished or something, how does that go?” Dash asked, thinking. You sigh deeply.

“You're going to make me regret this aren’t you?” You ask

“I have no idea what you're talking about,” Dash said as she leaned up and gave you a quick kiss.

“Fine, but we will wait till later,” you say giving in.
~*A Few Hours Later*~

“Can we do this maybe another time?” you plead with Dash. Walking down your old road has given you a bad case of deja vu. Bad deja vu.

“What? No! We're too close now!” Dash said as she hung off your arm. You walk around a corner and are faced with a massive white house.

“Here we are,” You say, feeling your stomach in knots.

“This is your old house? Damn you must have been loaded,” Dash said in awe of the two story beautiful house.

“Lets just get this over with,” You say and the two of you make your way to the mahogany door. You knock three times and after a few seconds it swings open and a very old man standing straight and in a suit greets you. “Hello Butler, are my parents home?” You ask nervously.

“Ah young master. How I’ve missed you, it certainly has been quiet with you no longer around,” the butler said, he turned to Dash. “And who is this lovely miss?”

“This is Rainbow Dash,” you say proudly. Butler looks back at you.

“If you don't mind me saying, much of an improvement than the last one,” he said making Dash blush. He led you into the foyer said, “One moment please.” and he left you both.

“He seemed nice,” Dash commented.

“Yeah, he always looked out for me. Butler is more of a father than my real one will be,” you say, you open and close your hands and you feel sweat roll down your neck despite the air becoming colder with the season. You feel a reassuring hand find it's way in your hand, and you look over at a smiling Dash.

“It'll be alright, you have nothing to worry about,” Dash said squeezing your hand, you give a smile and a squeeze back. This moment was quickly banished to the great big doors that led to the other parts of the house slam open. You turn and you see a man with graying black hair, wearing a suit and tie, followed my a tall red haired woman with a red dress that one would think that was only used for going out, they both swiftly move towards you, before you can react the man lifts a jeweled cane he used to walk up high and brought it down. You feel the familiar sting of it as it strikes you on your upper brow, you feel something wet roll down your face and you hear Dash gasp. You look at your father with hatred in your eyes, you don't bother to wipe the blood off your face.

“Long time no see, Richy,” you say, poison dripping off your words.

The man raised his cane again. “You will address me with “Father”!” he yelled as he brought his cane down once more, though instead of hitting your head again, you shoot out a hand and stop it. You jerk the cane out of his hand and turned it against him.

“I stopped calling you “Father” long ago, Richy. Your lucky I’m not calling you a bastard,” you say. “Anyway, I just came by to tell you to stop trying to call me, it is becoming quite annoying,” You say turning to your mother. You turn and storm out, Dash at your heels. You can faintly hear your father yell the house, now about three blocks away, and Rainbow Dash at your side trying to talk to you, but you have too much adrenaline and blood running down your face to be able to hear either of them. You realize that you still have the very expensive cane, you march up to the nearest homeless man.

“Here, this is a million dollar cane. Sell it and I hope good health and more is upon you,” you say, you quickly start to walk again. You don't stop till you reach the hotel that Dash and you are staying at, you quickly head to the bathroom. You run the water and start to clean the blood off your face. You realize that your shirt is bloody so you take it off as well, you toss the shirt on the toilet seat and you see Dash standing in the door frame, tears running down her face. Shit... you think to yourself. You walk to Dash and warp your arms around her, she in turn wrapped her hands around you.

After what seems like a while, you and Dash break apart and you get back to fixing up your brow. You ended up putting in stitches and placed a bandage over it. You exit the bathroom and you see Dash nodding off at the table. With a sudden tiredness you close the curtains on the window, nice and tight, and guided Dash to the bed, you climb next to her and you switch off the light, plunging the whole room into darkness.

“Night Rainbow Dash,” you say as you kiss the top of her head.

“Good night Sonic Wave,” Dash replied, nuzzling you.